Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:04:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which coins aren't shit coins?  (Read 1254 times)
cryptopaths (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:55:27 AM

I often hear people going on about shitcoin this and shitcoin that, to me it honestly sounds like this is just thrown around a lot. So to be more accurate I want to ask all of you which coins aren't shit coins and why aren't they shitcoins? Please be descriptive and back up your claims, thank you.
Thrillho

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 03:07:43 AM

See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563790

If you launched a coin and were serious about its success, wouldn't you be listed in that group?

Buy original NSFW artwork with crypto: http://holdenmatarazzo.com/
precrime3

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 03:17:18 AM

If you launched a coin and were serious about its success, wouldn't you be listed in that group?

Is good resource, but IMO the coins that aren't shit are basically the top 40 market cap wise disregarding massive premined coins.

HysonCorp

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:26:22 AM

you are asking a very sensitive question here.

there is no definite answer, and there are fans for each coin which are easily offended by these topics.

all I can give you, is my list and rationale.

Bitcoin is the leader
 Litecoin is top contender, I think it will trade closer to bitcoin.
 Dogecoin appears real enough, amazing community partication. How I wish they merged mine with litecoin (which they turned down.) Has Potential.
 Peer/Name these are all mined together by the same group of people, they lack individuality this moment.
 Quark pretends to be a good coin, but it is premined and all mined out. Not sure how they plan to distribute effectively.
 Primecoin had a good idea, but lacked follow through, if only it was marketted by professionals.
 Feathercoin is a left over from history. With a dev team that no long do anything innovative at all.
 Zetacoin is all mined out, they wait for that before pumping, so I do not trust it. a get rich scheme for someone.
 Vertcoin is also driven by pumps, without pumps it was dropping every single day, they are also based on non-required scrypt-N.
 Darkcoin has some great and interesting features, I think there's innovation advantage, there's a reason it has been holding well. has potential.
 Worldcoin is fast coin by a good dev team with business sense and Chinese buyers. Has also been holding well like Darkcoin. has potential.
 Infinitecoin started to drop uncontrollable last week, lost over 50% already. Though they released a road map trying to savage themselves.
 Novacoin is listed on BTC-e and has good supporters, though trading volume is considered too low.
 Megacoin started a tumble downwards, like Digitalcoin before it. I think that's it for them. I like their community, but there's just nothing left.
 Most country based coins are scamcoins, including Aurora if you ask me.
 Anycoin that's premined is a scamcoin to me.

my dream coin will be mix "Litecoin's Position and popularity, with Doge's community and hype, Dark's innovation/programmers, and World's Name, Speed and business sense".    So in short, I am saying I think the good coins are Lite/Doge/Dark/World

That being said, now here's what I think is not enough for each of the above:

Litecoin became so big, the dev team are afraid to make big changes.
Doge is too driven by the inner circle and community doesn't have much say. (some will disagree, but that's my call.)
Dark's innovation has good and bad sides to it, though I think they have the smartest computer nerds.
World's media attention is still too low and might hurt them should they don't catch on.

SuperKing

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:32:55 AM

In a sense, they are all shit coins except bitcoin.
All coins are foam.

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. T4RUpqFJdQ627N4HJSXxUqDn4qCveZ4Qs5
precrime3

Activity: 84

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 11:23:47 AM

What do you mean by "foam"?

GTO911

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:28:23 AM

Coin2, Community Coin - Pure POS, no shit
Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:30:10 AM

Again people will say the coins they hold are not shitcoins.
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:50:16 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 12:12:09 PM by reRaise

you are asking a very sensitive question here.

there is no definite answer, and there are fans for each coin which are easily offended by these topics.

all I can give you, is my list and rationale.

Bitcoin is the leader
 Litecoin is top contender, I think it will trade closer to bitcoin.
 Dogecoin appears real enough, amazing community partication. How I wish they merged mine with litecoin (which they turned down.) Has Potential.
 Peer/Name these are all mined together by the same group of people, they lack individuality this moment.
 Quark pretends to be a good coin, but it is premined and all mined out. Not sure how they plan to distribute effectively.
 Primecoin had a good idea, but lacked follow through, if only it was marketted by professionals.
 Feathercoin is a left over from history. With a dev team that no long do anything innovative at all.
 Zetacoin is all mined out, they wait for that before pumping, so I do not trust it. a get rich scheme for someone.
 Vertcoin is also driven by pumps, without pumps it was dropping every single day, they are also based on non-required scrypt-N.
 Darkcoin has some great and interesting features, I think there's innovation advantage, there's a reason it has been holding well. has potential.
 Worldcoin is fast coin by a good dev team with business sense and Chinese buyers. Has also been holding well like Darkcoin. has potential.
 Infinitecoin started to drop uncontrollable last week, lost over 50% already. Though they released a road map trying to savage themselves.
 Novacoin is listed on BTC-e and has good supporters, though trading volume is considered too low.
 Megacoin started a tumble downwards, like Digitalcoin before it. I think that's it for them. I like their community, but there's just nothing left.
 Most country based coins are scamcoins, including Aurora if you ask me.
 Anycoin that's premined is a scamcoin to me.

my dream coin will be mix "Litecoin's Position and popularity, with Doge's community and hype, Dark's innovation/programmers, and World's Name, Speed and business sense".    So in short, I am saying I think the good coins are Lite/Doge/Dark/World

That being said, now here's what I think is not enough for each of the above:

Litecoin became so big, the dev team are afraid to make big changes.
Doge is too driven by the inner circle and community doesn't have much say. (some will disagree, but that's my call.)
Dark's innovation has good and bad sides to it, though I think they have the smartest computer nerds.
World's media attention is still too low and might hurt them should they don't catch on.

Pure bullshit, way to go mr. biased. It was not pre mined and is not mined out, it can be mined for ever.

The definition of premining is that coins are mined or created before it is announced that they exist. There is clear evidence that this did not occur.

Quark was announced at 11:24am EST, July 21 2013: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260031.0

The genesis block can be seen to have been mined shortly thereafter at 12:01pm, July 21, 2013:
http://176.221.46.81/block/00000c257b93a36e9a4318a64398d661866341331a984e2b486414fc5bb16ccd

It's clear you are trying to pump your own Crypto which is mostly darkcoin, without quark there wouldn't probably be a multi hashing coin like dark.

Everyone who is trash talking other coins and promoting his own is a big fail to me.
Monetizer

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:00:51 PM

Why do you guys instantly accuse premined coins? Some coins that have premines can be put to good use. It can help the coin succeed.. Would you rather a.... IPO  Roll Eyes
templar77

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:02:07 PM

Bitcoin itself is a shitcoin so I don't know what do you mean.
coinsfuture

Activity: 109

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:16:12 PM

I agree with this. If a coin doesn't have an active dev, I would be worried.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:22:38 PM

I often hear people going on about shitcoin this and shitcoin that, to me it honestly sounds like this is just thrown around a lot. So to be more accurate I want to ask all of you which coins aren't shit coins and why aren't they shitcoins? Please be descriptive and back up your claims, thank you.

do your own homework.. why do you expect people to do it fro you ?
you have been here 2 plus months so i expect you have had plenty of time to do some reading..
i think your playing games here trying to start some shit.

"it's thrown around a lot" because it's true simple as that.. *honestly

here is some random examples that should be obvious..

Coinye Coin
Premine coin
CryptoApples
Crapples
CONTINUUM COIN
Batcoin
Panda coin
Insanity coin
Doge coin
Dope coin
Flappycoin
LOLcoin
Electric
Fedoracoin
NXT
Murraycoin

So you mean to tell me you see "SHIT-COINS" like that posted DAILY and you think the term is thrown around a lot ?

LOL Troll much ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:28:16 PM

I agree with this. If a coin doesn't have an active dev, I would be worried.

or at least a mass coin cloner masquerading as a so called "dev"

a lot of the coin releasers have bought their coins and have to pay money to get them fixed when needed
and coin cloners have stated before they often use puppets they hire to sit here at Bitcointalk and pretend to be the dev..
what you guys often consider legitimacy in a coin is nothing more than a fallacy ..a facade you guys naively buy into hard.

FUD first & ask questions later™
rockstar888

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:47:26 PM

Pure bullshit, way to go mr. biased. It was not pre mined and is not mined out, it can be mined for ever.

The definition of premining is that coins are mined or created before it is announced that they exist. There is clear evidence that this did not occur.

If you weren't so defensive about it, I probably wouldn't had looked into it just now...

http://quark.freeforums.net/thread/61/question-pre-mining
http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-48177-i-sent-an-email-to-one-of-the-creators-of-quark-coin-got-a-reply.html

or Lets be fair. it wasnt premined, it was instamined with galactic blox.

and yes, the initial coins are mined out leaving the inflation only portion, which is the same as mined out.

sorry, your Quark is a scam coin dude.

Buy Vertcoin or Megacoin, the two NON-SCAM coin
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:15:12 PM

A coin that introduces innovation is not a shit/scam coin. Everything else is, it's that simple.
Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:17:13 PM

Check out the new multipool that ghash.io added today, the coins they chose I would say aren't shit coins. Smiley
Joe_Bauers

GCVMMWH

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:24:23 PM

Check out the new multipool that ghash.io added today, the coins they chose I would say aren't shit coins. Smiley

They're a business. The coins they choose are the ones that will make them the most $/BTC
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:08:49 PM

A coin that introduces innovation is not a shit/scam coin. Everything else is, it's that simple.

Too simplistic, most innovative coin in the world can say it wants fair distribution then by stealthy process manage to retain a super percentage of coins for themselves. This to me is more of a scam than a copy and paste dev that keeps nothing for themselves.... that is then just perhaps a shit coin. The two are different.

A scam = is it promising or giving impression you are doing one thing, and actually doing something completely different. I guess definition of scam is something nobody agrees on.

I mean if the dev announces we are keeping 95% of the minting mine or not ...then you get to choose is that a scam? if you know what you are getting into ?

If the dev says we are keeping zero for ourselves and then designs ways to achieve keeping 25% of the coins is that a scam? is that more of a scam that the above example?

Scam is quite a hard thing to define, everyone will have a different idea of what a scam is.

I think copy and paste clones that for example say they are keeping a 1% premine is not really a scam, it is just a shitcoin perhaps with no innovation and attempt at making money.

Really it is impossible to get everyone to agree on what a scam even is.

All have to be weighed up to see if something was really a scam or not.

Even a shitclone of the coin tech... what if they then thought up something very novel and something different that made their coin worth while and more popular than all other coins before it ? is it a shitcoin then?

hmmm so much to consider as i am learning the more time i spend looking at crypto...

Joe_Bauers

GCVMMWH

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:07:01 PM

Too simplistic, most innovative coin in the world can say it wants fair distribution then by stealthy process manage to retain a super percentage of coins for themselves. This to me is more of a scam than a copy and paste dev that keeps nothing for themselves.... that is then just perhaps a shit coin. The two are different.

A scam = is it promising or giving impression you are doing one thing, and actually doing something completely different. I guess definition of scam is something nobody agrees on.

I mean if the dev announces we are keeping 95% of the minting mine or not ...then you get to choose is that a scam? if you know what you are getting into ?

If the dev says we are keeping zero for ourselves and then designs ways to achieve keeping 25% of the coins is that a scam? is that more of a scam that the above example?

Scam is quite a hard thing to define, everyone will have a different idea of what a scam is.

I think copy and paste clones that for example say they are keeping a 1% premine is not really a scam, it is just a shitcoin perhaps with no innovation and attempt at making money.

Really it is impossible to get everyone to agree on what a scam even is.

All have to be weighed up to see if something was really a scam or not.

Even a shitclone of the coin tech... what if they then thought up something very novel and something different that made their coin worth while and more popular than all other coins before it ? is it a shitcoin then?

hmmm so much to consider as i am learning the more time i spend looking at crypto...

Good points. I should have included this:

I've said this many times in the past. The solution to the shit-coin problem is simple. Employ an options style system that is used for pre-mines.
This would not involve "attacking" anyone's coins or pools, and would still allow the freedom that open source projects are supposed to thrive on.

Essentially a dev creates a coin and premines 0.125% of total coins in block 2.  From 25% to 50% of them are fair game depending on the innovation that the coin provides and can be sold whenever to pay for the cost of actually developing the coin. Anyone that thinks the dev should not be paid for their hard work is taking the extreme position on the other side after all.  The rest should be frozen for 6 months at least.

This would be the same as company options that are issued to CEO's, etc., during an IPO.  If Larry Page and Sergey Brin sold all of their Google stock within the first 2 weeks that GOOG went public, Google would no longer exist. Yet this happens on the regular with shit coins around here. The community needs to have the same intelligence when it comes to any coin that is released. Satoshi has not spent ANY of the almost 1M coins that he/she mined, so there's also that  Wink

What is happening now is fraud and corruption; nothing else.   
In my opinion, that seems to be what the OP wants to destroy and I support that position fully.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: