Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:55:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Bitcoin Island - Bali - Indonesia  (Read 55466 times)
funchiestz (OP)

Activity: 1134
Merit: 342

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:28:22 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2014, 03:23:06 PM by funchiestz

=========================================================

Bitcoin Donation Address

http://blockchain.info/address/1sLAndWaCHYGD8F5LdQ9baXCXoNmsXtsg

=========================================================

Hi Guys

We are from Bitcoin.co.id - Indonesia Bitcoin Exchanger  targeting to convert a majority of merchants on Bali (Indonesia) to accept Bitcoin. Soon you can come to Bali by only bringing Bitcoin.

It will make tourist and local people easier doing transaction. Supported by money changer in Bali and existing shops.

Watch our Video BitIslands : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m_Tq_b1HUY
BitIslands is a social experiment that aim to make Bitcoin as Common Currency Worldwide

We believe this project will have significant impact on the Bitcoin Revolution. There are three ways to supporting our BitIslands Project if you want to play a part in our project

Financial Support
This project is supported by Bitcoin.co.id – Indonesia Bitcoin Exchange as main sponsor. You can help us accelerating this project through donating your Bitcoin in three ways:

1. Bitcoin Donation
    Please donate your Bitcoin through this address:  1sLAndWaCHYGD8F5LdQ9baXCXoNmsXtsg

2. Buy our stocks at CryptoStocks.com
    Please support us by buying our stocks at https://cryptostocks.com/securities/120  
    You will enjoy dividend while donating!

3. Sponsorship
    If you are interested to become our official sponsor for this social experiment project please contact us http://bitislands.com/contact-us

Volunteering
Helping merchants accept Bitcoin in Bali required a lot of manpower and voluntary effort. You can help us by joining Bali Bitcoiners. Please contact us if you want to support by joining this group and contributing your manpower.

Spreading the News
Help us by spreading this project in all over the world and especially to all Bitcoiners. Please ask them to visit Bali and bring Bitcoin while they are traveling to enjoy the first experience of Bitcoin Tours in Bali.

Note:
Actually our shares that we offer in Cryptostocks is more for appreciation's token for donation in project Bitcoin Island.  We know currently our business is still small therefore our dividend still very small. But we want to give something in return to our donator and investor that why we are offering dividend in return to say thank you for trusting us

Article about this project in CoinDesk.com
http://www.coindesk.com/bitislands-bali-bitcoin-paradise/

More video and photo check our website www.BitIslands.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:53:37 AM

Welcome.
You will probably need a clear plan, and a partner/writer who writes fluent English.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:25:53 AM

It will be interesting to see the response from the local (Balinese) government and the Indonesian government to this measure. The legal aspects are still not clear. And I want to know whether the local banks will co-operate with this move or not.
nuff

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:27:10 AM

Apa khabar neighbour! I think its a GREAT IDEA! But I'm not too sure about the entire island, you will need your government to support for sure, but you can start small first, and if it's gonna take off, it's gonna take off, if not, well, at least you tried! How's the bitcoin scene in Indonesia? We have our first Bitcoin ATMs in Malaysia a month ago, one in Bangsar, KL and one in Penang, with more to come.  I think bitcoin will be big this part of the world too. But we really need all the other SEA countries to be on board as well. Hopefully when adoption has grown big enough with its infrastructures in place bitcoin will be accepted as legal tender.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:28:17 AM

Yes, you have a good start.  Smiley

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:36:33 AM

We are quite close with the regulator actually. As long as we do transaction in cash, it will not cause any issue. We will bring Bitcoin ATM by next month and regulator said okay with it as long as cash to bitcoin only.

Bali has difference rule set comparing with other region in Indonesia - What tourist use is what merchant will accept.

Our government also not opposing Bitcoin - they are quite neutral

Glad to hear that. It is good that they don't raise any legal objections to the cash to BTC transactions. Do you have any information on the taxes which are applicable?
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 07:57:10 AM

pahe bahasa indo aja deh, malas nulis bahasa inggris wkakak
baru kemarin baca disini -> http://indonesia.bitcoin.co.id/ingin-ikut-memiliki-perusahaan-bitcoin-co-id/
udah ada aja threadnya disana
mantap idenya, saya mendukung penuh usahanya  Grin
ide bagus untuk menjadikan bali sebagai pusat transaksi bitcoin, karena disana banyak turis dari luar negeri yang kemungkinan sudah mengenal bitcoin
kalau banyak merchant yang menerima transaksi bitcoin kan jadi bagus

cuma apa gak terbentur sama kebijakan BI yang melarang transaksi jual-beli menggunakan bitcoin di indonesia?
EDIT : ternyata dituker ke IDR dulu ya pake ATM BTC, dikira langsung trx pake bitoin

beli sahamnya dulu deh mumpung masih murah

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
cosmofly

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:00:20 AM

Another  newbie account scammer with a so called "visionary" idea  to be launched soon on crypto stocks and then fail and disappear after getting rich off your coins.

Haven't u guys learnt enough? Cheesy

BigBoy89
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:03:21 AM

Another  newbie account scammer with a so called "visionary" idea  to be launched soon on crypto stocks and then fail and disappear and after getting rich off your coins.

he owns an exchanger in indonesia
many members trading BTC/IDR (local currency) there
maybe he is newbie here, but he can give you proof that he owns that exchanger Grin

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
cosmofly

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:10:51 AM

Another  newbie account scammer with a so called "visionary" idea  to be launched soon on crypto stocks and then fail and disappear and after getting rich off your coins.

maybe he is newbie here, but he can give you proof that he owns that exchanger Grin

If he owns an exchange why does he need public funding?  Doesn't want to risk his own money is my guess.

If he gives proof and comes out in press release I might consider funding. Otherwise this is just another scam

BigBoy89
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:29:55 AM

Another  newbie account scammer with a so called "visionary" idea  to be launched soon on crypto stocks and then fail and disappear and after getting rich off your coins.

If he owns an exchange why does he need public funding?  Doesn't want to risk his own money is my guess.

If he gives proof and comes out in press release I might consider funding. Otherwise this is just another scam
from what i read. they need capital to expand their business
so they sell their stocks to market
maybe better we wait OP to reply this question Grin

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:39:46 AM

If he owns an exchange why does he need public funding?  Doesn't want to risk his own money is my guess.

Have you checked his listing in Cryptostocks? Quite a lot of the details are given there.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:52:22 AM

Another  newbie account scammer with a so called "visionary" idea  to be launched soon on crypto stocks and then fail and disappear and after getting rich off your coins.

Go eats a bag of dicks , cosmofly. I know you're hurt that you lost btc in MtGox but please end yourself , dont live such a hateful life.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 4367

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:25:26 AM

Hi Bit_Happy

Yeah, I am sorry for my English.  We are from non-spoken English country.

Our plan actually quite simple. We will do the following step:

1. Bitcoin.co.id is currently raising fund , example using https://cryptostocks.com/securities/120

2. We will established our office in Bali - we will open offline bitcoin exchanger.

3. We will launch mobile apps for payment gateway so merchant can start accepting bitcoin in offline

4. We will cooperate with money changer to start accepting Bitcoin ( we have the apps as well)

5. We will cooperate with Australia, Singapore, Malaysia  Travel Agent and Bitcoin Exchanger for education

6. Tourist can start coming to bali by only bringing bitcoin instead of their local currency

What do you guys think ?

before even trying to fundraise a sinle coin. atleast show proof of motives.
it does not cost anything to get shops to set up bitpay accounts. only conversations.
having a person on the island trading bitcoins for national currency does not cost any large amount of set up costs. its just advertising it on bali forums that the service is available and asking shops to spread the word.

make videos of shops accepting it and a guy exchanging it (the free stuff anyone can set up without costs) then you may get funding coming in faster.
before even renting an office, there are many things you can do for free.. so please do those things and document them. this will show that your goals do exist in reality and that you have the experience and enthusiasm to see it happen.

rather then just appearing as a pseudonym on a forum asking for money. i like to see projects succeed but nobody likes to be putting money into a project that cant even show current PHYSICAL progress.

also to note. if you need "funding" just to do the free stuff, then to many people, it appears that your previous life experience has not awarded you with enough wealth/knowledge to do simple tasks. this makes people think that the project will fail before it has started, because you are not good with money or have experience in conversations to tempt shops to signup.

i hope you prove people wrong and show current progress and actual physical results.. before asking for funds

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:36:48 AM

This is an interesting development IMO. I wonder how the Government will treat U...

cosmofly

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:01:58 AM

I know you're hurt that you lost btc in MtGox

Never used Mtgox, don't have username

Are you OK BTW? You seem angry

cosmofly

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:03:17 AM

Hi Bit_Happy

Yeah, I am sorry for my English.  We are from non-spoken English country.

1. Bitcoin.co.id is currently raising fund , example using https://cryptostocks.com/securities/120

2. We will established our office in Bali - we will open offline bitcoin exchanger.

3. We will launch mobile apps for payment gateway so merchant can start accepting bitcoin in offline

4. We will cooperate with money changer to start accepting Bitcoin ( we have the apps as well)

5. We will cooperate with Australia, Singapore, Malaysia  Travel Agent and Bitcoin Exchanger for education

6. Tourist can start coming to bali by only bringing bitcoin instead of their local currency

What do you guys think ?

it does not cost anything to get shops to set up bitpay accounts. only conversations.
having a person on the island trading bitcoins for national currency does not cost any large amount of set up costs. its just advertising it on bali forums that the service is available and asking shops to spread the word.

make videos of shops accepting it and a guy exchanging it (the free stuff anyone can set up without costs) then you may get funding coming in faster.
before even renting an office, there are many things you can do for free.. so please do those things and document them. this will show that your goals do exist in reality and that you have the experience and enthusiasm to see it happen.

rather then just appearing as a pseudonym on a forum asking for money. i like to see projects succeed but nobody likes to be putting money into a project that cant even show current PHYSICAL progress.

also to note. if you need "funding" just to do the free stuff, then to many people, it appears that your previous life experience has not awarded you with enough wealth/knowledge to do simple tasks. this makes people think that the project will fail before it has started, because you are not good with money or have experience in conversations to tempt shops to signup.

i hope you prove people wrong and show current progress and actual physical results.. before asking for funds

+1

I'm with Franky on this

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:56:36 AM

Hi Franky1

Thank you for your reply. Yes we do in negotiation with some angel investor and VC from other country and small investment from our local entrepreneur. We are currently negotiating with the term and agreement with them. But capital gain and foreign investment is something that quite tough in Indonesia if using proper legal paper work.  We are currently securing about $200k if the legal, capital gain tax and all paper work done.

We also don't have any local Angel Investor platform in Indonesia. Therefore we are running this alternative platform in Cryptostocks.com following what cryptsy.com does.

If any Angel Investor interested to support us in this forum, we will be very happy to present our full business plan.

I am quite agree with Franky1. Regardless getting the money or not, we are still opening office in Bali. We already did the survey last month. But it will be nice if we can get proper funding to make the merchant and exchanges in Bali more confident when we are launching this plan.

It always better to have proper physical office in present when we need to convince people to accept Bitcoin especially it related with money. Because in our business plan, they can withdraw their Bitcoin in cash from our Office / store. I hope this explain our motive. Thank you.

at day one i and other people that are experienced investors, do not care about you having an office. i care about seeing results. anyone can set up an office and do absolutely no work.
results i want to see which can be done for free
1. a video on youtube showing you talking to merchants in the bali island
2. a video of you desribing the project (to atleast see your face, and not a pseudonym)
3. a video of you atleast convincing one merchant to accept bitcoin
4. not needed to do yet, but.. real life details should be given to anyone that PLEDGES support

the main reasons for this are: that the other top three above also shows you can put your own time and money into just talking to people in bali. EG paying for transport (taxi/plane/whatever)

also to add
Bitcoin.co.id will offer 10,000 non-diluted fee shares for a price of 0.05 BTC per share at IPO which actually taken from 5% of total value of company valuation in the current market

10k shares = 500BTC.
500x5%=10,000btc

are you seriously trying to value your exchange as being worth $4mill (10kbtc @ $400), but you cant even afford to talk to merchants?

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
buffett

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:01:29 PM

Hi Bit_Happy

Yeah, I am sorry for my English.  We are from non-spoken English country.

5. We will cooperate with Australia, Singapore, Malaysia  Travel Agent and Bitcoin Exchanger for education

What do you guys think ?

Hi My name is William Sutanto, CTO of bitcoin.co.id,

I understand your concern, that is also my concern before do this fund-raising. The reason we need this fund asap is because we just get a very nice space in the heart of tourism spot in Bali, and it must be paid in this 1-2 weeks or we lose it. We will execute this plan either the fund-raising succeed or not. If we got the fund, we will start big, if not, we will use our limited fund to realize this idea.

About PHYSICAL progress, we are currently no. 1 bitcoin open exchange in Indonesia. Our service launched on 15 February 2014 (2 months ago) and now we already have 5000+ members registered. We are active member in bitcoin community (local & south east asia). Oscar was a speaker for World Bitcoin Conference in Kuala Lumpur (http://www.events-actually.com.sg/wbc2014.php). We also got media coverages, a lot. You can google them Smiley

Our exchange is already profitable. If we want to make money, we can just focus in expanding our exchange business. There are already 3 serious angel investors interested in our exchange. But that is not enough, beside making profit we want bitcoin to be mainstream, we want bitcoin has real usage in daily life, not just a speculative instrument.

We are not trying to sell you with nothing, even without the Bitcoin Island idea the stock is a good deal backed up by our exchange business.

at day one i and other people that are experienced investors, do not care about you having an office. i care about seeing results. anyone can set up an office and do absolutely no work.
results i want to see which can be done for free
1. a video on youtube showing you talking to merchants in the bali island
2. a video of you desribing the project (to atleast see your face, and not a pseudonym)
3. a video of you atleast convincing one merchant to accept bitcoin

all of this can be done for free!

you will begin to see some result in next few weeks.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:08:31 PM

do not get me wrong, i do like the idea, and support the plan you have mentioned. but for proper financial trust, people like to see more then just a idea.

on this forum, your just a pseudonym right now.
i can easily say "i am the indonisia exchange owner give me money".. in fact i just did..

you say you are number 1.. which means you have enough money to pay for a weekend of conversations in bali. self funded.
well then, this weekend get to bali. make some videos of you convincing merchants to accept bitcoin. allow them to sign up their bank details with your exchange. you do not need a physical office for this.
you CAN and SHOULD do this even without investment.

this will prove you have a business plan and not just an idea. and alot of angel investor will love the proof you provide.

another example of why i ask this.
angel investors did not approach you the day you said "i want to start an exchange". they are now only talking to you now they see results.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: