Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:12:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MiningRigRentals.com - Web pool manager - Easy Mass Rentals - Algos!  (Read 71089 times)
miningrigrentals (OP)

Activity: 132
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 06:45:18 AM

Need automated pricing with a que system.

Why Am I reporting 4M/H when I'm doing 5M consistently?

https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/851

Our system (just like most pools) reports hash rate by tracking the accepted share rate. If you've ever looked at your worker's hashrate on the majority of the pools, you'll typically see it lower or possibly higher than what your mining rig client displays. We take 10 minute snapshots of your accepted share rate. Share rate has a variable of luck. If you're unlucky during that 10 minute sample then your hashrate will look lower. On the other hand if your accepted share rate is exceptional during that 10 minute sampling then your hashrate may look higher than what you advertised.

We've considered automatic repricing. We would gladly implement something like this if we can figure out a fair way to do it. Think eBay and whether or not automatic repricing would be fair for all users of the site. We have to be careful implementing something like this. We've considered "thresholds" of repricing and also emailed alerts.

We're always open to suggestions and we encourage anyone with feedback to use our ticket system to submit us your ideas, desires or even complaints.

Thanks for your input.

Rent some Hash @ MiningRigRentals!!Lease out your rig, or rent some extra hash today! Live Hashrate graphs, multiple backup pools, many algos and fast and friendly support as well Wink
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Flitzpiepe

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:40:56 AM

Are there any problems with the miningrigrentals proxy atm? The hashrate on all my rigs is way to low.... Shocked

**HashOcean Cloudmining**:
miningrigrentals (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 03:59:33 PM

Are there any problems with the miningrigrentals proxy atm? The hashrate on all my rigs is way to low.... Shocked

No we did not have any issues with any of the proxies. Please see the previous reply about hash rates. Also keep in mind, your renter's pool choice may effect your hash rate.

Rent some Hash @ MiningRigRentals!!Lease out your rig, or rent some extra hash today! Live Hashrate graphs, multiple backup pools, many algos and fast and friendly support as well Wink
Flitzpiepe

Activity: 169

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:44:48 PM

No we did not have any issues with any of the proxies. Please see the previous reply about hash rates. Also keep in mind, your renter's pool choice may effect your hash rate.

indeed.
fortunately, everything is back in order Cheesy

**HashOcean Cloudmining**:
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 07:59:32 PM

Our system (just like most pools) reports hash rate by tracking the accepted share rate. If you've ever looked at your worker's hashrate on the majority of the pools, you'll typically see it lower or possibly higher than what your mining rig client displays. We take 10 minute snapshots of your accepted share rate. Share rate has a variable of luck. If you're unlucky during that 10 minute sample then your hashrate will look lower. On the other hand if your accepted share rate is exceptional during that 10 minute sampling then your hashrate may look higher than what you advertised.

We've considered automatic repricing. We would gladly implement something like this if we can figure out a fair way to do it. Think eBay and whether or not automatic repricing would be fair for all users of the site. We have to be careful implementing something like this. We've considered "thresholds" of repricing and also emailed alerts.

We're always open to suggestions and we encourage anyone with feedback to use our ticket system to submit us your ideas, desires or even complaints.

Thanks for your input.

It took about 4 hours before the reporting became correct. Still 40k per Meg less than other pools though.

AFA a Auto system write an algorithm that averages the current going rate based on all the rental sites and give the user a method to set a offset (percentage or hard) based on that value. For the buyer you can add option such as 5 star only rent...

BTW what do I do to get someone to rate my rig? One person has not when I provided above advertised hash.

Your welcome. Wink

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
miningrigrentals (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 03:01:44 AM

Thanks for your input.

It took about 4 hours before the reporting became correct. Still 40k per Meg less than other pools though.

AFA a Auto system write an algorithm that averages the current going rate based on all the rental sites and give the user a method to set a offset (percentage or hard) based on that value. For the buyer you can add option such as 5 star only rent...

BTW what do I do to get someone to rate my rig? One person has not when I provided above advertised hash.

Your welcome. Wink

After every rental period an email is sent out to the renter thanking them for the rental and asking them to consider rating the rig they just rented. Unfortunately, not everyone provides the feedback.  In regards to your 40k less, it's a very difficult stat to say one or the other is higher or lower (in regards to pools). Fluctuating coin difficulties, pool latency, your reject rate and luck all play into that stat. We are simply proxying your connection. Not that you meant this but we are not a pool, only a proxy.

Thanks for the suggestion, I believe that' similar to what we thought of with thresholds only adding in the mix of other rental sites for averaging the price.  While it can be inconvenient at times to adjust the price of your rig, it's also the best way to provide a fair service of supply and demand (where the populace controls that price fluctuation). I think we'll need more thought on the subject but we do welcome your feedback. Thank you Smiley

jkminkov

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:51:18 AM

bye, my nerves cost more than a few extra!

https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rental/3014

.:31211457:. 100 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!
miningrigrentals (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 06:17:52 PM

bye, my nerves cost more than a few extra!

https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rental/3014

Hello, the rental was canceled. However, if you feel this was in error please submit a ticket. We are more than willing to work with you including compensation if necessary. Thank you!

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:40:56 PM

Fix compatibility with

stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3336

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
miningrigrentals (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 04:23:32 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 06:06:25 PM by miningrigrentals

Fix compatibility with

This will likely never happen. Nicehash is a rental service. We don't block it but they require a redirect of your client.

edit:  I'll add this. If you don't assign a pool on MiningRigRentals.com (no pools at all) then set MRR as your pool0 (first priority) and Nicehash as your pool1 (second priority) then if your rig gets rented out on MRR your rig will switch to MRR and mine at the renter's pool, when the rental completes, it will switch back to nicehash because there are no pools to hash at through MRR.

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:19:09 AM

Fix compatibility with

This will likely never happen. Nicehash is a rental service. We don't block it but they require a redirect of your client.

edit:  I'll add this. If you don't assign a pool on MiningRigRentals.com (no pools at all) then set MRR as your pool0 (first priority) and Nicehash as your pool1 (second priority) then if your rig gets rented out on MRR your rig will switch to MRR and mine at the renter's pool, when the rental completes, it will switch back to nicehash because there are no pools to hash at through MRR.

thx, ok work around for now.

miningrigrentals (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 09:31:06 PM

The graphs have been reworked to allow more precision when viewing data. The graphs are not finished but we wanted to push live this change to get everyone used to the newer style. Thank you!

dmpotter

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 01:29:40 AM

Awesome Service! Easy to get started with  Grin

Just a quick question, can I configure it to go offline after last contract?

Feature Request: Time windows, i.e.. Auto Online at 6pm, Auto Offline 6am or 24x7
miningrigrentals (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 03:01:21 AM

Feature Request: Time windows, i.e.. Auto Online at 6pm, Auto Offline 6am or 24x7

You can set the rig to "disabled" (we're probably going to reword that so it's more intuitive). Once the rental is over your rig will not show up in the "available" rig list. As far as your feature request, we're seriously considering ways to implement that. We have a large feature that should roll out in the next 2-3 days and then we're going to revisit our feature/change request list.  I'll add another vote for your feature request. Thanks for the feedback!

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:44:02 PM

I just change the rate so high no-one would rent it. Wink

dmpotter

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 02:34:25 AM

Wow, I guess I was stuck on stupid Smiley
miningrigrentals (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 03:31:46 AM

In the past I've buried my rig in the list so I would have it available to test various things with our system. Sometimes it gets rented out anyway.

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:30:47 PM

OK, I've raised the hash from 5m to7m on a rig and cannot edit the advertised hashrate. How can I update this?

Actually your service should take the average of a certain length of time and adjust this setting automatically. With a reset button for the owner to hit when making rig changes.

Edit: nevermind apparently it is only locked out when rig is rented.

miningrigrentals (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 07:07:51 PM

OK, I've raised the hash from 5m to7m on a rig and cannot edit the advertised hashrate. How can I update this?

Actually your service should take the average of a certain length of time and adjust this setting automatically. With a reset button for the owner to hit when making rig changes.

Edit: nevermind apparently it is only locked out when rig is rented.

You can make the rig unavailable while it's rented so you can adjust the hashrate once the rental period is over (without fear of it renting out again before you make the change). This will not disable the rig it simply removes it from the rental list.

miningrigrentals (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 06:08:45 AM

We improved graphs (again), taking cues from the community. We appreciate the support as we cross over the 2.0ghs X11 mark. Wink

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: