Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:48:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MiningRigRentals.com - Web pool manager - Easy Mass Rentals - Algos!  (Read 71087 times)
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 03:18:32 AM

anyone have a sample batch file from sgminer I could look at?

edit: I opened a support case so i'll see how that goes :-)

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gemmacoin

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:09:00 AM

For some reason a (very) high proportion of my rigs lock-ups (where it freezes up and doesn't reboot/restart) are occurring at the start of rentals, usually a short while into it. Does anyone have any idea why? At first I thought it a fluke, but it's happening enough, and across multiple algorithms, to make me think there is something in the connection with MRR that is causing the problem. For example on Neoscrypt I ran for almost a week just now without any lock-up, only to have it die a few minutes into a rental this evening. I don't have any clues on my end. Any insight/advice/ideas would be appreciated.

Did you set up backup stratums?, looks like EU stratums are having problems... from my experience, EU stratums are going offline very often (back and forth between EU and USA stratums)

It's happening on rentals so I have no control over what pools the renter chooses. It would be nice if the rig defaulted back to our pools if a renter's pool dropped out for any reason. But I don't see why a dropped pool should lock up the miner. In my case it would lead to a 0-accepts condition which would force a reboot after 6 minutes, but then it would start trying to miner again, rebooting every six minutes. I don't think that is happening.

I'm using a multi-algorithm setup with active pools listed on at least three algorithms at MRR typically, with another backup pool that does not go through MRR if MRR dies entirely.

First of all excuse me for my bad english.

I'm not talking about renter pools, I'm talking about the MRR stratums your miner connects to when rental starts. Let me try to explain...

I'm located in EU, so my first option in miner configuration file is the European stratum (http://eu-01.miningrigrentals.com:3333).
If you don't set up a backup stratum and MMR's EU stratum goes down you are in trouble, so I always set up a second MMR stratum pointing to US servers (us-east01.miningrigrentals.com:3333).

Please look at my CGMiner configuration file:

{
"pools" : [
   {
      "name" : "MRR -NEOScrypt- EU",
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://eu-01.miningrigrentals.com:3333",
      "user" : "user_name",
      "pass" : "x",
      "Algorithm" : "neoscrypt"
   },
   {
      "name" : "MRR -NEOScrypt- USA",
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://us-east01.miningrigrentals.com:3333",
                "Algorithm" : "neoscrypt"
   },
   {
      "name" : "MRR -X15- EU",
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://eu-01.miningrigrentals.com:3333",
      "Algorithm" : "bitblock"
   },
   {
      "name" : "MRR -X15- USA",
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://us-east01.miningrigrentals.com:3333",
      "Algorithm" : "bitblock"
   },

As you can see, there are two MRR stratums (EU and US east) for each algorithm. When EU MRR stratum goes down (quite often), miner switches automatically to US stratum.

Hope it helps!
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:43:07 PM

Sorry, I understand now. You explained yourself very well. And yes, I have a pair of stratum connections set up in my config file for each algorithm, same as in your example. It was a good thought though.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
grendel25
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 05:19:22 AM

Okay, I'm registered and mining as connected to the MRR in my miner configs.  But I'm still confused.  I'm not renting out my miner so it's mining at my old pool.  I guess this is a stupid question but how do my payments from mining get routed?  I guess it's just the rate at which my old pool is.  I was hoping there was an actual MRR pool but I guess there isn't?  Man this is so weird lol.

Is there a way to have a backup pool for ccminer?

Can I combine all my mining power into one rentable rig even if they are cross platform like sgminer and ccminer?

And another thing... I guess the idea here is that someone is renting the hash power and expecting to manage it better than what was charged?  So if I charge .0002 btc mh/day for an X11 rig the renter is expecting to do better than that by mining coins on their own even when there aren't multipools that can manage to do any better.  I mean, I can see it working for the lone miner running their own coin mining selection that may be better than a massed multi-coin server but I guess it's hard for me to imagine having that kind of time.  Or, maybe people have really sweet programs that do the switching for them. 

i'm sort of rambling.  sorry.  thx for any constructive inputs

..EPICENTRAL .....
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 05:59:14 AM

Okay, I'm registered and mining as connected to the MRR in my miner configs.  But I'm still confused.  I'm not renting out my miner so it's mining at my old pool.  I guess this is a stupid question but how do my payments from mining get routed?  I guess it's just the rate at which my old pool is.  I was hoping there was an actual MRR pool but I guess there isn't?  Man this is so weird lol.

Can I combine all my mining power into one rentable rig even if they are cross platform like sgminer and ccminer?

And another thing... I guess the idea here is that someone is renting the hash power and expecting to manage it better than what was charged?  So if I charge .0002 btc mh/day for an X11 rig the renter is expecting to do better than that by mining coins on their own even when there aren't multipools that can manage to do any better.  I mean, I can see it working for the lone miner running their own coin mining selection that may be better than a massed multi-coin server but I guess it's hard for me to imagine having that kind of time.  Or, maybe people have really sweet programs that do the switching for them.  

i'm sort of rambling.  sorry.  thx for any constructive inputs

Your payments for when your rig is not rented out go from your pool to you just like they normally do. MRR does not provide a pool for you, it's just a broker/proxy - you either rent your rig out and mine for a customer, or you mine to your pool(s) for yourself.

You can't set up backup pools for ccminer in its command line. That's where MRR actually helps - you can set up multiple backup pools for your rig on MRR site and your ccminer will be switched between primary/backup as needed by MRR (when not rented out). The only bad part is that you can't set up multiple MRR servers as backups to each other (e.g. US West, US East), which is the recommended way, so if your primary MRR server goes down you'll have downtime.

Yes, you can point multiple rigs to one MRR rig URL and the hashrate will be combined. Just make sure they are all the same algo.

Don't worry about that last part. That's why you rent out your rig - to get guaranteed fixed income without having to figure out what to mine Smiley
grendel25
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:35:24 AM

And another thing... I guess the idea here is that someone is renting the hash power and expecting to manage it better than what was charged?  So if I charge .0002 btc mh/day for an X11 rig the renter is expecting to do better than that by mining coins on their own even when there aren't multipools that can manage to do any better.  I mean, I can see it working for the lone miner running their own coin mining selection that may be better than a massed multi-coin server but I guess it's hard for me to imagine having that kind of time.  Or, maybe people have really sweet programs that do the switching for them.  

i'm sort of rambling.  sorry.  thx for any constructive inputs

Your payments for when your rig is not rented out go from your pool to you just like they normally do. MRR does not provide a pool for you, it's just a broker/proxy - you either rent your rig out and mine for a customer, or you mine to your pool(s) for yourself.

You can't set up backup pools for ccminer in its command line. That's where MRR actually helps - you can set up multiple backup pools for your rig on MRR site and your ccminer will be switched between primary/backup as needed by MRR (when not rented out). The only bad part is that you can't set up multiple MRR servers as backups to each other (e.g. US West, US East), which is the recommended way, so if your primary MRR server goes down you'll have downtime.

Yes, you can point multiple rigs to one MRR rig URL and the hashrate will be combined. Just make sure they are all the same algo.

Don't worry about that last part. That's why you rent out your rig - to get guaranteed fixed income without having to figure out what to mine Smiley

Perfect response as always, Suchmoon.  Thank you.

I think for now I'll monitor performance/consistency of my rig(s) and then think about renting out some hashpower.

..EPICENTRAL .....
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
simiane

Activity: 44

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:14:48 AM

I was wondering if someone could enlighten me on the motivations of rig renters...
I've been renting my scrypt rig out via MRR for a little while and so far I've found it to be a great service; but I'm having difficulty figuring out what it is that renters want.
I usually price my rig very low, right near the bottom of the price range. However, looking at the stats for the last rented rigs, and looking through the unavailable rigs, I can see that people are routinely paying several times the price of other available rigs and I can't understand why.
There doesn't seem to be any pattern to what people are looking for, anything from CPUs up to ASICs are often being rented for astronomical prices... am I missing something here?
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 01:21:04 AM

I was wondering if someone could enlighten me on the motivations of rig renters...
I've been renting my scrypt rig out via MRR for a little while and so far I've found it to be a great service; but I'm having difficulty figuring out what it is that renters want.
I usually price my rig very low, right near the bottom of the price range. However, looking at the stats for the last rented rigs, and looking through the unavailable rigs, I can see that people are routinely paying several times the price of other available rigs and I can't understand why.
There doesn't seem to be any pattern to what people are looking for, anything from CPUs up to ASICs are often being rented for astronomical prices... am I missing something here?

People make mistakes, people who never had mining hardware might get lost in the numbers, people can't do math, people are laundering money... could be any number of reasons. Does it really bother you? To me one of the biggest advantages of renting a rig out is to NOT have to worry about anything except keeping uptime and adjusting the price once in a while. How much it costs and what to do with it - someone else's problem.

Edit: one thing that annoys me and could be a source of errors for renters - the zeros. I can't stand zeros after the decimal point. Rigs should be priced in GH/s (TH/s for SHA256), or we should operate in satoshis. Counting those zeros in driving me crazy.
simiane

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 01:33:33 AM

Does it bother me? Well, yeah...
I can rent my rig out at one of the lowest price points and still make a profit. Great... but I can see lots of people renting their rigs out for several times what I'm charging... I'd like to do that too!
I've tried simply upping the price a bit, and no-one rents... so I figure there must be a reason. It's not just one or two people, it's the vast majority of rentals that are way higher than they need to be... people are actively passing on the cheaper rigs to rent out the expensive ones. Logic would suggest they're offering something that I'm not. I'd like to figure out what that is, so that I can offer it also.

As for the zeros, I don't really mind... most of the pools operate using the same structure and it makes it easy to compare mining options.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 02:24:47 AM

Does it bother me? Well, yeah...
I can rent my rig out at one of the lowest price points and still make a profit. Great... but I can see lots of people renting their rigs out for several times what I'm charging... I'd like to do that too!
I've tried simply upping the price a bit, and no-one rents... so I figure there must be a reason. It's not just one or two people, it's the vast majority of rentals that are way higher than they need to be... people are actively passing on the cheaper rigs to rent out the expensive ones. Logic would suggest they're offering something that I'm not. I'd like to figure out what that is, so that I can offer it also.

As for the zeros, I don't really mind... most of the pools operate using the same structure and it makes it easy to compare mining options.

Have you looked at hour intervals? Rig ratings? Location? Do you have a catchy title/description offering freebies? Those could have an effect, not sure how much though. I'm renting out at the lowest price myself.
simiane

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 02:55:15 AM

Yeah, I tried all that... I've been experimenting with different offers, free hours, bonus hash, etc.
I can't quite bring myself to put high ASCII characters in the title. Wink
Ratings don't really seem to have an effect... I figure a nice and stable hashing history has gotta be more important there.

But y'know, it's not like most people are going for the cheap offers... the last 10 average is always at least double of the rates we're charging, so it can't really be explained by a few people just getting it wrong... the going rate seems to be well above the lowest price, but I can't figure out why.

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 03:10:44 AM

the last 10 average

Ah, this might be misleading. Take a look at how it's rounded.

The last 10 is always 8 digits after decimal point even though rig pricing can go deeper.

For example SHA256:

Average (last 10):   0.00000002
Last:   0.0000000135

However X11 looks much more reasonable:

Average (last 10):   0.00020420
Last:   0.00019

Have I mentioned that I hate those zeros?
simiane

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 03:20:09 AM

Yeah, I'm looking at Scrypt though:

Average (last 10): 0.00044810
Last:                   0.00026
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 03:44:38 AM

Yeah, I'm looking at Scrypt though:

Average (last 10): 0.00044810
Last:                   0.00026

Do you have some filter or something? I'm seeing the opposite:

Average (last 10):   0.00032950
Last:   0.00054
simiane

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 01:22:59 PM

Nope, no filters, just a straight call to the scrypt page.
The prices you're seeing are just at a different time - they're still over double the lowest prices...

Current prices are just insane:

Available Rigs:   203 (8.81Ghash/s)
Rented Rigs:   326 (14.20Ghash/s)
Average (last 10):   0.00142090
Last:   0.002

That's about eight times the lowest priced rigs...
simiane

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 01:25:46 PM

......unless, are those prices for the entire rental? As in, rental price x hours rented for? That'd make sense...

Although, if you scroll through the list of currently rented rigs, a lot of them are extremely highly priced - so either way I still don't get it.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 05:23:28 PM

......unless, are those prices for the entire rental? As in, rental price x hours rented for? That'd make sense...

Although, if you scroll through the list of currently rented rigs, a lot of them are extremely highly priced - so either way I still don't get it.

The only thing I noticed is that smaller rigs seem to be priced much higher. That might be affecting the average.
tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 04:14:13 PM

Is there a denial of service attack going on?  I've noticed all my rigs slump and the website moving very slowly. 

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
jjjordan

Activity: 271
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 04:16:49 PM

Is there a denial of service attack going on?  I've noticed all my rigs slump and the website moving very slowly.  

Same here.
Please put an announcement or something on the site.
Renters should know it's not owners' fault.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 09:38:37 PM

Site is really slow now and get the occasional cloudflare page saying site unavailable. Somethings not right...

Also made a deposit about an hour ago and its still not even showing as pending.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: