Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:49:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MiningRigRentals.com - Web pool manager - Easy Mass Rentals - Algos!  (Read 71087 times)
miningrigrentals (OP)

Activity: 132
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 04:42:06 PM

First of all I would like to say Excellent Site! I have been mostly having fun renting a few rigs, and so far 2 out of 3 have been excellent experiences. I would stay away from HashMasters. The guy i dealt with is a condescending ass. Here is one of the messages "rootdude" sent me. His "Warbird" machine delivered about half the advertised hash rate and was wildly inconsistent.

Message Contents:
"Thanks for that info. So, first thing, you have never used a rig that can produce anything above 5MH. Any big ASIC is going to require at a very minimum 512 to 1024 DIFF work. Make sure your worker on the pool is set at a 512 minimum. If your pool supports only VARDIFF, you should check with the pool operator to see if they are capable of handling a 27MH single rig. Most are not. They supply special HIGH DIFF stratum addresses for rigs like this one. Secondly, renting a rig that is located in the eastern US to mine a pool in NZ probably wasn't the best idea. The latency alone will result in many more stale shares (which generally aren't counted in the hash rate on your pool) - which would essentially show a deficient hash rate. This rig wasn't being rented until today so we could verify the stability and hash rate - so the first 24 hours was really a shake down test where we weren't involving renters. I consider that a good practice, and you probably would too. Anyway, I hope this education helps a bit... I'm sorry you feel like you had a poor experience, but I can safely tell you that you tried to fit a round peg in a square hole with this rental. Best of luck to you in the future... Regards,-rootdude"

I would also like to put in a recommend for robertinogabriel2014, and his "PREMIUM | 155 Mhs | Single Device - No Farm | NEW Generation ASIC - A2 Terminator 155 Mhs". What an incredible mining experience! Rock solid, and never dropped below the advertised hash rate during the entire rental period.

Best of luck to MiningRigRentals.com!

I don't want to comment too much on how things are phrased but what he's describing is not far from the truth. We have several pools that we work with that cater to asics. Off hand I do know that TradeMyBit.com does have a higher diff port purely for high hashrate asics. Latency does matter quite a bit as well and you do always want to choose the geographically closest rigs to your pool of choice.  Keep in mind that a scrypt asic and the coins that can be mined with it are a far stretch from sha256 asics.

Regardless of the aforementioned, we're glad you like the service and as always, feel free to open a suggestion ticket if you see an area we can improve. Our list is extremely long but we're willing to adjust based on demand. Best of luck hashing!

Rent some Hash @ MiningRigRentals!!Lease out your rig, or rent some extra hash today! Live Hashrate graphs, multiple backup pools, many algos and fast and friendly support as well Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:51:37 PM

First of all I would like to say Excellent Site! I have been mostly having fun renting a few rigs, and so far 2 out of 3 have been excellent experiences. I would stay away from HashMasters. The guy i dealt with is a condescending ass. Here is one of the messages "rootdude" sent me. His "Warbird" machine delivered about half the advertised hash rate and was wildly inconsistent.

Message Contents:
"Thanks for that info. So, first thing, you have never used a rig that can produce anything above 5MH. Any big ASIC is going to require at a very minimum 512 to 1024 DIFF work. Make sure your worker on the pool is set at a 512 minimum. If your pool supports only VARDIFF, you should check with the pool operator to see if they are capable of handling a 27MH single rig. Most are not. They supply special HIGH DIFF stratum addresses for rigs like this one. Secondly, renting a rig that is located in the eastern US to mine a pool in NZ probably wasn't the best idea. The latency alone will result in many more stale shares (which generally aren't counted in the hash rate on your pool) - which would essentially show a deficient hash rate. This rig wasn't being rented until today so we could verify the stability and hash rate - so the first 24 hours was really a shake down test where we weren't involving renters. I consider that a good practice, and you probably would too. Anyway, I hope this education helps a bit... I'm sorry you feel like you had a poor experience, but I can safely tell you that you tried to fit a round peg in a square hole with this rental. Best of luck to you in the future... Regards,-rootdude"

I would also like to put in a recommend for robertinogabriel2014, and his "PREMIUM | 155 Mhs | Single Device - No Farm | NEW Generation ASIC - A2 Terminator 155 Mhs". What an incredible mining experience! Rock solid, and never dropped below the advertised hash rate during the entire rental period.

I don't want to comment too much on how things are phrased but what he's describing is not far from the truth. We have several pools that we work with that cater to asics. Off hand I do know that TradeMyBit.com does have a higher diff port purely for high hashrate asics. Latency does matter quite a bit as well and you do always want to choose the geographically closest rigs to your pool of choice.  Keep in mind that a scrypt asic and the coins that can be mined with it are a far stretch from sha256 asics.

Regardless of the aforementioned, we're glad you like the service and as always, feel free to open a suggestion ticket if you see an area we can improve. Our list is extremely long but we're willing to adjust based on demand. Best of luck hashing!

I'm afraid he is way off, and I should have posted the entire exchange between us. The ping to the stratum server I'm using is less that 70ms. I own about a dozen miners myself, both graphics and ASIC based. All of them are rock steady. We have another pool user running a 70mh/s miner, and The 155mh/s unit i rented was rock steady, and never dropped below the advertised hash rate. rootdude's (hashmaster) Warbird averaged half the advertised hash rate of 25mh/s, and dropped to zero quite a few times. I know none of my other miners in the pool had any problems during this time, nor did anyone else in the pool. What rootdude is saying is pure BS.
miningrigrentals (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 11:49:28 PM

Message Contents:

I'm afraid he is way off, and I should have posted the entire exchange between us. The ping to the stratum server I'm using is less that 70ms. I own about a dozen miners myself, both graphics and ASIC based. All of them are rock steady. We have another pool user running a 70mh/s miner, and The 155mh/s unit i rented was rock steady, and never dropped below the advertised hash rate. rootdude's (hashmaster) Warbird averaged half the advertised hash rate of 25mh/s, and dropped to zero quite a few times. I know none of my other miners in the pool had any problems during this time, nor did anyone else in the pool. What rootdude is saying is pure BS.

Since you were there, I'm sure you know better. A lot of times when you see a hashrate split like that it's because the rig owner has multiple rigs pointed at the same MRR worker and one of his rigs dies. This kills the hashrate. While it's not required, setting up multiple workers is usually best. It's easier to track what you have up and what you need to work on. Regardless, it's clear you know what you're doing and we're glad you like the service.

Rent some Hash @ MiningRigRentals!!Lease out your rig, or rent some extra hash today! Live Hashrate graphs, multiple backup pools, many algos and fast and friendly support as well Wink
pitrol

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:36:56 PM

Website is down?
r00tdude

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:23:54 PM

Message Contents:

Actually, you did say you would post the entire conversation between us, but I suppose the whole conversation wouldn't have suited your needs to make me look like the asshole that you say I am, so, let's be fair, shall we, and post the entire conversation, as well as the hashrate chart from the session and let anyone else interested in this draw their own conclusions about who is being what to whom:

vtr99   2014-06-24 21:01:22
The hash rate has been all over the place, and is now less than half...

vtr99   2014-06-24 21:04:11
Looks like it died?

vtr99   2014-06-24 21:20:20
HashMasters SpecialMiner WarBird 27MH Rig 1 Hashrate - 5min:19.55M / 30min:10.03M / 1hr:15.52M

vtr99   2014-06-24 21:24:47
6 hour average is about half of the advertised hash rate.

HashMasters   2014-06-24 21:30:25
Hello and thanks for contacting us... There is nothing wrong with the rig... the issue is with the pool not sending work to the miner. I suggest you open a ticket with the mining pool operator and mine another pool in the interim. Feel free to review the historical hash rate of the rig and compare it to when you rented and pointed it at this pool. It should be very clear where the fault lay. If you still wish to inquire further, I can suggest opening a ticket with MRR, and asking them to analyze the traffic and make suggestions. For further reference, you can look at the description not he rig and follow the simple setup rules found there - making sure that the pool you are mining sends high enough difficult work tot he rig is critical to maintaining a proper hash rate. Regards,-rootdude

vtr99   2014-06-24 21:33:06
I have 5 other miners running in this pool, and none of them have any issues.

HashMasters   2014-06-24 21:41:34
Which begs the questions: 1) Are you using separate workers for each rig? If not, the difficulty can be incorrectly calculated by the pool. 2) What is the stratum address in use by our rig? Have you made sure to use the stratum address closest to the US East coast? Have you tried alternate addresses to see if that corrects the hash rate? Here's what I'm trying to tell you - look at the history of the rig. It's been consistent for 48 hours before you rented it. Once you rent it, the hash rate is 'wildly inconsistent'. Is it your suggestion that we are sabotaging our customers' mining experience? Does that make any sense? If you would like me to try to help you, I need to know the stratum address of the pool and the coin you are mining. Please supply that information and I'll look into it. -rootdude

HashMasters   2014-06-24 21:43:06
In the meantime, while we work on this, I'll give you and extra 30 minutes so we can continue to work the issue.

vtr99   2014-06-24 21:52:13
I am using a separate worker for each rig. I have 3 Gridseed blades, 2 miners with dual 280x cards, 1 with 2 7950's, and one with 3 7850's. All of them are rock solid. Miningpool is out of New Zealand, and there is only one stratum for this pool. stratum tcp://us3.miningpool.co:4202 it has been rock solid for the last 6 months. I noticed your rig only has history going back to the 21st, and shows similar erratic has rates the first 24 hours.

vtr99   2014-06-24 21:59:07
If you want an example to prove the issue is on your end, you can check the pool. We have another member running a 70mh/s miner, and he reports zero issues. I have never seen much difference in the location of the stratum server. The last one was in Texas about 6 months ago, the new one is hosted by RackSpace in Europe. Zero difference in hash rates or shares accepted.

HashMasters   2014-06-24 22:01:43
Thanks for that info. So, first thing, you have never used a rig that can produce anything above 5MH. Any big ASIC is going to require at a very minimum 512 to 1024 DIFF work. Make sure your worker on the pool is set at a 512 minimum. If your pool supports only VARDIFF, you should check with the pool operator to see if they are capable of handling a 27MH single rig. Most are not. They supply special HIGH DIFF stratum addresses for rigs like this one. Secondly, renting a rig that is located in the eastern US to mine a pool in NZ probably wasn't the best idea. The latency alone will result in many more stale shares (which generally aren't counted in the hash rate on your pool) - which would essentially show a deficient hash rate. This rig wasn't being rented until today so we could verify the stability and hash rate - so the first 24 hours was really a shake down test where we weren't involving renters. I consider that a good practice, and you probably would too. Anyway, I hope this education helps a bit... I'm sorry you feel like you had a poor experience, but I can safely tell you that you tried to fit a round peg in a square hole with this rental. Best of luck to you in the future... Regards,-rootdude

vtr99   2014-06-24 22:07:48
First of all, I'm an IT professional. The ping to our stratum server is about 60ms, and this is not a latency issue. All of my blades are running 1024 to 2048 diff. As I said before, we have a regular member here in the Midwest running a 70mh/s rig for weeks with no issues. Education?

HashMasters   2014-06-24 22:35:28
Feel free to look in on the rig to see what it's doing after your rental ended... It tells the story, no? If you are an IT Professional as you say your are, you should be able to draw a simple conclusion.

vtr99   2014-06-24 22:43:31
150% guarantee eh?Our 'no sweat', 150% guarantee... If in the unlikely event of rig downtime, we will, without question, add additional time to your rental PLUS an additional 50%! No other provider here on miningrigrentals can beat that guarantee... We do not, however, provide comp time for improperly configured pools, poorly performing pools, or miningrigrentals downtime. Please, if you see a problem, message us and we will work with you to find a pool you will have success with!We work for your feedback - if there are any issues with your mining, please contact us immediately for help - if you can't rate us as FIVE STARS, we want to make it right!

vtr99   2014-06-24 22:47:32
I will copy our entire conversation to the various pools I mine in, along with the forums I participate in, and let everyone decide for themselves if they want to do business with you. Have a good one...VTR99

HashMasters   2014-06-24 22:48:52
PRECISELY this, "We do not, however, provide comp time for improperly configured pools, poorly performing pools, or miningrigrentals downtime". There was no downtime on the rig, your pool was responsible for the hash rate issues. I gave you a 30 minute bump trying to help you. I've done everything in my power (and patience) to help you.

HashMasters   2014-06-24 22:59:08
Thanks - I appreciate you spreading the word about our excellent service... maybe I can work out a referral for you.

vtr99   2014-06-24 23:22:29
I'm sure the pool owner will have a good laugh from your comments. Thanks for the entertainment.

vtr99   2014-06-25 20:16:59
Here is the machine I am currently renting that makes yours look pathetic. Rock stable... So you can see the issue is with your unstable miner. PREMIUM | 155 Mhs | Single Device - No Farm | NEW Generation ASIC - A2 Terminator 155 Mhs Hashrate - 5min:152.90M / 30min:157.04M / 1hr:154.78M

vtr99   2014-06-25 22:04:05
You may want to educate yourself, the rig I just rented has 6 times the hashing power of yours, and never fell below the advertised hash rate even once. Got my own 400mh/s unit on the way. Have fun with your little junk pile.

So, let's let the readers decide who was being what to whom. Shall I post a poll?

r00tdude

Bitrated user: r00tdude.
miningrigrentals (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 02:22:20 PM

Website is down?

We had no reported outages but the site is behind Cloudflare so occasionally that hangs randomly for some users (I've personally only experienced this once since the site was put up a few months ago). Let me know if you're continuing to have issues and we'll be glad to dig into it for you.  Thank you!

wdl1908

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:23:41 AM

It seems cloudflare is under attack again all major websites using cloudflare are down including MRR
miningrigrentals (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 02:15:17 PM

It seems cloudflare is under attack again all major websites using cloudflare are down including MRR

This is typically isolated to different regions and doesn't effect everyone. Thanks for reporting this.

KSGuy

Activity: 429

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:16:05 PM

It's good to see more competition for betarigs and leasearig around.
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 06:37:15 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 07:13:34 AM by vulgartrendkill

I have a question

I've just joined to rent my miners out, but between rents I'd like to mine on my choice of pool.  If I switch from the mrr pool, my miners show as "offline" and I assume unrentable.

Any suggestions? Am I doing anything wrong with my set up?  Do I just have to manually go in and change my miers config?

Edit: Issue resolved.

btw my rig:

http://rentrig.co/rigs/4587
miningrigrentals (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 03:59:36 PM

I have a question

I've just joined to rent my miners out, but between rents I'd like to mine on my choice of pool.  If I switch from the mrr pool, my miners show as "offline" and I assume unrentable.

Any suggestions? Am I doing anything wrong with my set up?  Do I just have to manually go in and change my miers config?

btw my rig:

Some times it's tough from the "insider's" perspective. If you get a chance elaborate on what was going wrong for you. We'll either look to tweak something to make it easier or perhaps by simply talking it through here, you will assist someone else with the same question.

Thanks!

vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 05:02:51 PM

I have a question

btw my rig:

Some times it's tough from the "insider's" perspective. If you get a chance elaborate on what was going wrong for you. We'll either look to tweak something to make it easier or perhaps by simply talking it through here, you will assist someone else with the same question.

Thanks!

Thanks for that, i`ll do that in future!

Thanks Smiley
MScFW

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 04:16:39 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2014, 06:10:08 PM by MScFW

I've a question/suggestion,
as a "owner" I'm frequently seeing "customers" configuring their pool in a way that they do not end up in happy mining. Most of the time the diff/vardiff setting are going up to the moon and the hash rate / number of accepted shares is very very low. There are some basic checks when you add a pool to your list, but is it also possible to test or warn people using wrong diff settings?
Because I don't see the settings and I don't know the pool, it's really hard to fix it!
bye

MScFW
miningrigrentals (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 05:03:36 AM

I've a question/suggestion,
as a "owner" I'm frequently seeing "customers" configuring their pool in a way that they do not end up in happy mining. Most of the time the diff/vardiff setting are going up to the moon and the hash rate / number of accepted shares is very very low. There are some basic checks when you add a pool to your list, but is it also possible to test or warn people using wrong diff settings?
Because I don't see the settings and I don't know the pool, it's really hard to fix it!
bye

MScFW

Unfortunately, there is currently no easy method to adding these types of checks and balances in place. It is something we've kicked around and if we can find an adequate solution it will definitely be something we implement.  Thanks for the suggestion.

MScFW

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:11:36 AM

Hi Miningrigrentals,
for my understanding you system acts like a proxy between the pool and the rig, right?
On the rig I get messages like "New Job_id: 7bbd Diff: 1024 Work_id: 38d4ea3b", so your proxy should be able to track the diff value. If the diff would now be presented in a chart, together with a line "Recommended Diff", like the "Advertised Hashrate", it would give both sides an indicator.
Just my 2 ct.
bye
wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:45:34 PM

we are waiting for fresh algo rigs

miningrigrentals (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 03:03:13 PM

we are waiting for fresh algo rigs

Fresh algo is up on the website 3 hours prior to launch. Feel free to create rigs but make sure to leave them disabled until you've tested your rig and obtained it's true hash rate. Once you are confident you can switch the rig to "Active" and your rig will be available for rent. Enjoy!

gaalx

Activity: 411

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:10:03 AM

Make so that after lease completion job evaluation was exposed surely!

vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 09:55:23 AM

eu and west 1  and central1 are down. customers may start asking for compensation.  been down for approx 1 hr.
miningrigrentals (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 03:10:47 PM

eu and west 1  and central1 are down. customers may start asking for compensation.  been down for approx 1 hr.

Hello, the servers were not "down" the reporting was just stuck. If a rig is rented out and the renter's pool fails (most renters don't set backups) then MRR will drop your connection to MRR servers. This is done purposefully so that your rig can begin hashing at a locally defined favorite pool. If your renter corrects the problem then you have the ability to compensate the renter (if you so desire) without loss to you (you were hashing locally for yourself). If you have any issues, please open a ticket as we'll be glad to dig into your specific claim and or compensate any and all parties if necessary. Thank you!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: