Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 08:00:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NiceHash.com - get paid more than mining on multipool - Scrypt/N/X11/X13/SHA3  (Read 29666 times)
kenshirothefist (OP)

Activity: 457
Merit: 273

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:53:33 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2014, 05:54:25 AM by kenshirothefist

If you haven't already heard - there is a new service out there, allowing you to earn more with your rigs!

Why use NiceHash for selling your hashing power? A couple of things to stress out:

- simple as using a multipool (no registration, no contracts, no bonds to either hash power buyers of NiceHash service)
- be paid more than multipool pays
- automatic payments in Bitcoins 4 times a day (so you can jump in to good payout very quickly)
- no limits - use as many rigs as you like
- textual and graphical statistics

I really welcome you to check on FAQ's. I would especially recommend these selected topics:

General:
How exactly does pay-per-valid-share and get-paid-per-valid share work?
http://nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqg2

Rig providers: sellers:
Which miners are supported?
http://nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqs0

How can I configure my miner to work with NiceHash service?
http://nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqs1

I have slow mining rig. Can I adjust difficulty?
http://nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqs7

Can you help me with transition to sgminer?
http://nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqs8

So, just give it a try, point your:

Scrypt miners to:
stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3333

Or SHA256 miners to:
stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3334

Or Scrypt-Adaptive-Nfactor miners to:
stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3335

Use your Bitcoin address as username. Use any password you like.

There are already orders on NiceHash waiting for your hash power!

Here is link to official ANN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=562238.0
kenshirothefist (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 01:17:26 PM

Just a quick note for GridSeed owners: If you're using GridSeed miners we suggest you to either use the latest BFGMiner for GridSeed (http://cryptomining-blog.com/1396-download-bfgminer-3-10-0-for-windows-scrypt-mining-on-gridseed-5-chip-asics/) or if you're using RasberyPi for the controller you can use Hashra Controla (http://hashra.com/support/), Hashra Controla GIT source (https://github.com/HASHRA/CONTROLA).
kenshirothefist (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 04:18:18 PM

Miners are seriously needed! There are plenty good paying Scrypt orders! Give it a try and point your miners to NiceHash and get paid 4 times a day!
GBattaglia

Activity: 735
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:44:49 PM

Miners are seriously needed! There are plenty good paying Scrypt orders! Give it a try and point your miners to NiceHash and get paid 4 times a day!

How much are miners being paid in a BTC/day/MH calculation?
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:47:39 PM

1.) How much btc/MH/day is paid?

2.) This is literally just mine whenever you want to, no contracts or required time frames you have to complete in order to get paid and/or keep your earnings?
kenshirothefist (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:11:00 PM

1.) How much btc/MH/day is paid?

Currently we're at 6.10 BTC/GH/Day (= 0.0061 BTC/MH/Day) Wink ... join the ride ASAP Wink

2.) This is literally just mine whenever you want to, no contracts or required time frames you have to complete in order to get paid and/or keep your earnings?

No contracts, no hassle, no worries! Just point your miner at our stratum and get paid 4-times per day (if your unpaid balance is greater than 0.002 BTC at each pay interval, otherwise you'll get paid at the next pay interval when you reach at least 0.002 BTC)!
dogechode

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:29:02 PM

Most multipools are paying about 0.005/mh/day so that is at least a little bit of an improvement. When you pay out do you take the transaction fee out of our earnings? If so, it is possible to get paid less often than 4x a day to cut down on the fee losses?
kenshirothefist (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:51:00 PM

Most multipools are paying about 0.005/mh/day so that is at least a little bit of an improvement.

Most multipools actually pays below 0.005 .. more like 0.004 .. see poolpicker.eu. And even if you take 0.005 we are currently at 0.0062 which is likee 25% better, quite a bit of improvement Wink

When you pay out do you take the transaction fee out of our earnings? If so, it is possible to get paid less often than 4x a day to cut down on the fee losses?

No, payments are processed in a single transaction therefore the transaction fee is negligible and is covered by NiceHash, we don't charge niether sellers nor the buyers for the transaction fee.

Anyway, thanks for the questions, if you have any other questions just ask or visit our FAQ section at https://nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq
kenshirothefist (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:01:48 PM

We are currently at 0.0062 which is likee 25% better, quite a bit of improvement Wink

Sorry ... I was missleading you, actually best paying orders are already at 0.008+ BTC/mh/day Wink join the ride, seriously Wink
dogechode

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:08:03 PM

Thanks, I'll point a few megs at it and try it out when I get home later. 0.08 would be a massive improvement over what I have been seeing from multipools recently, I'll see how it goes for a few days.
dogechode

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:20:39 AM

Ok so I am trying it out but I am having trouble getting multiple cards running at the same time. Can you point more than 1 instance of sgminer at the same btc wallet address for this? When I try, the second instance of sgminer crashes. I tried this with multiple cards on different boxes.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 04:40:46 AM

I get intermittent streak of excessive reject rate, from a usually high-ish 2% that jump to 30% to even 100% for several minutes every other hour or so.

A system to protect rig owners from bad pools would be nice. I get it buyers want to pay for accepted shares but sellers don't want to lose 10-20% of their hashrate because buyers don,t know what they are doing.

Also a setting to sign up as a vanguard for miners to be switched would be good. Some people have miners that will do okay if they are immediately switched to highest profit order, while some people not.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 04:45:04 AM

Ok so I am trying it out but I am having trouble getting multiple cards running at the same time. Can you point more than 1 instance of sgminer at the same btc wallet address for this? When I try, the second instance of sgminer crashes. I tried this with multiple cards on different boxes.

It works exactly the same way you would setup multiple GPU for any other multipool.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
kenshirothefist (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 06:18:31 AM

I get intermittent streak of excessive reject rate, from a usually high-ish 2% that jump to 30% to even 100% for several minutes every other hour or so.

A system to protect rig owners from bad pools would be nice. I get it buyers want to pay for accepted shares but sellers don't want to lose 10-20% of their hashrate because buyers don,t know what they are doing.

Also a setting to sign up as a vanguard for miners to be switched would be good. Some people have miners that will do okay if they are immediately switched to highest profit order, while some people not.

There is nothing to worry about this. Please, take 15 minutes and carefully read this FAQ:

https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqg2

I can assure you this is a 100% fair game for sellers and buyers.

If there is a buy order with a pool for extremely low diff and possibly even on a unstable or overloaded pool, you still will be paid for the valid work you provided, because NiceHash validates your work before it is sent to the pool. You can make sure about this if you check your payouts and your statistics.

It is true - sometimes buyers risks and submits order for extremely low diff and possibly even on a unstable or overloaded pool - but this is their risk (I guess they know what they are doing - hint: biggest profitability can be made when you try to "attack" coin with massive hashrate, maybe even try to fork it or take the majority of network hashrate for yourself). However, they will of course still have to pay for the valid work that was provided by providers, even if pool can't "eat" all the work that has been provided (it's just the same risk as having own rigs or rent dedicated rigs for fixed time). But since there are so many benefits for buyers with NiceHash (no contracts, no time boundary, no risk for failed rigs, etc) they prefer to mine on NiceHash instead of renting dedicated rigs.

It is also true that even if we validate all of your work when we're hitting some very low diff coin, it will happen that the reject rate will be a bit higher on providers side (because rigs actually aren't capable to produce all valid work on very low diff) - but here we're talking about reject rates 2-5% instead of normal 1-2%. But this is the exact same reject rate that a provider would have to "swallow" if you would be mining on any other pool or multipool which is hitting high-profitability low-diff coins. All you have to take into account is this: you might see 2-5% higher reject rates at some intervals (again, look at the graphs on our site, not your sgminer) but you'll get paid 25% more than multipools pays. So it's up to you weather you'll go for a bit lower reject rate, or for a significantly better payout Wink

I hope this clarified your concerns at list a bit. Since NiceHash is an innovative approach to selling/buying hashpower I do understand that there are lot's of thing to be clarified. And probably there will be some exceptions where will have to improve the algorithm - therefore your feedback (from sellers and buyers) is highly appreciated!
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:01:06 AM

There is nothing to worry about this. Please, take 15 minutes and carefully read this FAQ:

https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqg2

I can assure you this is a 100% fair game for sellers and buyers.

If there is a buy order with a pool for extremely low diff and possibly even on a unstable or overloaded pool, you still will be paid for the valid work you provided, because NiceHash validates your work before it is sent to the pool. You can make sure about this if you check your payouts and your statistics.

It is true - sometimes buyers risks and submits order for extremely low diff and possibly even on a unstable or overloaded pool - but this is their risk (I guess they know what they are doing - hint: biggest profitability can be made when you try to "attack" coin with massive hashrate, maybe even try to fork it or take the majority of network hashrate for yourself). However, they will of course still have to pay for the valid work that was provided by providers, even if pool can't "eat" all the work that has been provided (it's just the same risk as having own rigs or rent dedicated rigs for fixed time). But since there are so many benefits for buyers with NiceHash (no contracts, no time boundary, no risk for failed rigs, etc) they prefer to mine on NiceHash instead of renting dedicated rigs.

It is also true that even if we validate all of your work when we're hitting some very low diff coin, it will happen that the reject rate will be a bit higher on providers side (because rigs actually aren't capable to produce all valid work on very low diff) - but here we're talking about reject rates 2-5% instead of normal 1-2%. But this is the exact same reject rate that a provider would have to "swallow" if you would be mining on any other pool or multipool which is hitting high-profitability low-diff coins. All you have to take into account is this: you might see 2-5% higher reject rates at some intervals (again, look at the graphs on our site, not your sgminer) but you'll get paid 25% more than multipools pays. So it's up to you weather you'll go for a bit lower reject rate, or for a significantly better payout Wink

I hope this clarified your concerns at list a bit. Since NiceHash is an innovative approach to selling/buying hashpower I do understand that there are lot's of thing to be clarified. And probably there will be some exceptions where will have to improve the algorithm - therefore your feedback (from sellers and buyers) is highly appreciated!

Sure, but here i'm not talking about 2-5% i'm talking about 8 and 16% overall reject. So i still don't think that part, that i did read previously, is relevant. I've had full rounds with 3%(both rigs) reject then blam it spike up for a whole round. I might be wrong but this tells me its the client that is sucking, if not its my rig config which seem unlikely... Which would leave NiceHash to be the cause. I prefer blaming the client.  Sometimes reject spike to 100% and by looking at random key, i'm not the only one.

You seem to be blaming proper configuration, but don't give any actual information, therefore i would assume that if i get 0.4-1% reject rate on e.g waffle pool, CM, coinfu, etc, then i am properly configured.

Is there special configuration needed for your "pool"?

The 16-20% reject is on cudaminer, there isnt much configuration to be done there, but its not on supported miner so i can just be glad it work at all. But what about my main GPU running on SGminer at 7-9% (r9 290 @900khs 850 average WU, get 790 WU on your pool)?

The only difference from my usual multipool settings is i'm specifying a diff variable (128-256) that has to be same for all my miner.

I could just shrug it off as 10% overall loss of accepted share by pointing at Nicehash is still a 15%~ improvement over the best multipool i,ve found, but it doesnt feel proper.

Thoughts?

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
kenshirothefist (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:19:50 AM

Sure, but here i'm not talking about 2-5% i'm talking about 8 and 16% overall reject. So i still don't think that part, that i did read previously, is relevant. I've had full rounds with 3%(both rigs) reject then blam it spike up for a whole round. I might be wrong but this tells me its the client that is sucking, if not its my rig config which seem unlikely... Which would leave NiceHash to be the cause. I prefer blaming the client.  Sometimes reject spike to 100% and by looking at random key, i'm not the only one.

You seem to be blaming proper configuration, but don't give any actual information, therefore i would assume that if i get 0.4-1% reject rate on e.g waffle pool, CM, coinfu, etc, then i am properly configured.

Sorry, not blaming anyone, just trying to provide fair service for providers & buyers. And yes, it's not perfect yet.

However! We've updated our stale shares detection about 15 minutes ago. Please check the reject rate in the past 10 minutes and let me know if it is any better (also check your graphs stats on NiceHash).

Also, if you're using "--no-submit-stale" option (or ["no-submit-stale" : true] if using conf file) then do not use it anymore. Set ["no-submit-stale" : false] if using conf file or remove "--no-submit-stale" option from your command line. Stale shares shouldn't be submitted since buyers pool won't be able to use them (and you'll get more rejects).
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:03:43 AM

Sure, but here i'm not talking about 2-5% i'm talking about 8 and 16% overall reject. So i still don't think that part, that i did read previously, is relevant. I've had full rounds with 3%(both rigs) reject then blam it spike up for a whole round. I might be wrong but this tells me its the client that is sucking, if not its my rig config which seem unlikely... Which would leave NiceHash to be the cause. I prefer blaming the client.  Sometimes reject spike to 100% and by looking at random key, i'm not the only one.

Sorry, not blaming anyone, just trying to provide fair service for providers & buyers. And yes, it's not perfect yet.

However! We've updated our stale shares detection about 15 minutes ago. Please check the reject rate in the past 10 minutes and let me know if it is any better (also check your graphs stats on NiceHash).

Also, if you're using "--no-submit-stale" option (or ["no-submit-stale" : true] if using conf file) then do not use it anymore. Set ["no-submit-stale" : false] if using conf file or remove "--no-submit-stale" option from your command line. Stale shares shouldn't be submitted since buyers pool won't be able to use them (and you'll get more rejects).

I wasn't aiming to be aggressive, i just believe this is worth discussing.

Since coincidental(?) update 1 hour ago~ i read less than 2% reject on sg miner with 290 and 0% on 560 ti (cudaminer).

If these holds, then you have yourself a pool-for-hire(TM) with good accept % and good return, till someone come to crash our party, anyways.

-V

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
dogechode

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:20:57 PM

It works exactly the same way you would setup multiple GPU for any other multipool.

I figured it out, there was actually a conflict between the information in my batch file and the information in the config file for sgminer - I never ran into this before because I usually use cgminer with all my settings in the batch files, no configs. Up and running on multiple cards now!
copyfile

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:47:10 PM

I just tried this pool on my gridseed miners running on a raspberry pi with scripta and cgminer 3.7.2. But i only get rejected shares! What do i do wrong? I pointed them to stratum.nicehash.com:3333 with my bitcoin address as username and a random password.
klear

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:52:50 PM

Any chance you'll support Kalroth's miner soon?
http://k-dev.net/cgminer/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: