Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 08:09:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: YourPalsToots AMT user thread.  (Read 2008 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
YourPalToots (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:48:20 PM

and now it's entirely dead.

fans stopped spinning. modules are all at zero

nothing but a light on the raspberry pi
YourPalToots (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:03:52 PM

Not sure what happened but the fans are back spinning but now the web interface is not working so I can't see if it hashing at all.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:12:55 PM

Not sure what happened but the fans are back spinning but now the web interface is not working so I can't see if it hashing at all.

You have a temperature sensor? 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
YourPalToots (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:14:37 PM

The raspberry pi is very fickle. It is attached to another board but always seems to move round. I shut off the power, checked all the connections and fired it back up again. This time the IP address shows up and I can't log into the interface but no modules show up and I'm hashing at zero.
YourPalToots (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:14:56 PM

You have a temperature sensor? 

no
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:24:28 PM

Based on what I am seeing you dont have enough power going into the PSU. If you have other stuff on the circuit for that miner it might be causing you issues. ALSO check that its a 20A circuit. Check your breaker box. If you are on a 15A circuit it might be the reason you are seeing those problems.

Also try to run it at powersave mode in the interface unless you know how to work the SSH console and can enter the right cgminer settings. If you are not familiar with linux then use the web interface.

Again this is where Tooltime logic applies....MORE POWER. This is just the nature of ASICs at this point. Some are more power friendly than others. This one is not one of them. But make sure you are pulling 20A at the wall and make sure its the ONLY thing on that circuit. Note not the outlet. The circuit. You need to know what is on that circuit and take it off for this to work. These things belong in a datacenter.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
YourPalToots (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:25:55 PM

Based on what I am seeing you dont have enough power going into the PSU. If you have other stuff on the circuit for that miner it might be causing you issues. ALSO check that its a 20A circuit. Check your breaker box. If you are on a 15A circuit it might be the reason you are seeing those problems.

Also try to run it at powersave mode in the interface unless you know how to work the SSH console and can enter the right cgminer settings. If you are not familiar with linux then use the web interface.

Again this is where Tooltime logic applies....MORE POWER. This is just the nature of ASICs at this point. Some are more power friendly than others. This one is not one of them. But make sure you are pulling 20A at the wall and make sure its the ONLY thing on that circuit. Note not the outlet. The circuit. You need to know what is on that circuit and take it off for this to work. These things belong in a datacenter.

More power? I only have one blade plugged in.
YourPalToots (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:30:01 PM

OK. NOW I have a blade that previously reported 0Ghs now running at ~180 Gh/s

Only one blade is plugged in.
opieum2

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:30:38 PM

Throttle down the setting to power save then on that single blade and see if it hashes at its base spec. Basically 1/5th of 1THs is what you are looking for. About 200Ghs is what should be getting +/-10Ghs Then throttle up on native then turbo to see the results. Check Johnnyguru.com for your PSU to see if it has a shared 12V rail also could be another reason for problems.

YourPalToots (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:31:18 PM

OK. NOW I have a blade that previously reported 0Ghs now running at ~180 Gh/s

Only one blade is plugged in.

here it is on Eligius

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/15XZocSHwnfA6o7bxX9iRvLAxzzCZVSrBV
opieum2

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:31:47 PM

Great now that you have some results start to plug in others one by one until you get some results. If you can get them working at a base speed then its def a power issue you need to address in your electical system.
Basically plug them in until you the 0GHs thing happens again. I have asked around and based on the bitmine forums as well this is a power problem.

YourPalToots (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:32:44 PM

Throttle down the setting to power save then on that single blade and see if it hashes at its base spec. Basically 1/5th of 1THs is what you are looking for. About 200Ghs is what should be getting +/-10Ghs Then throttle up on native then turbo to see the results. Check Johnnyguru.com for your PSU to see if it has a shared 12V rail also could be another reason for problems.

OK. "Power save" is on and the single blade is running ~185
YourPalToots (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:33:48 PM

Great now that you have some results start to plug in others one by one until you get some results. If you can get them working at a base speed then its def a power issue you need to address in your electical system.
Basically plug them in until you the 0GHs thing happens again. I have asked around and based on the bitmine forums as well this is a power problem.

I did this previously and the blade that is now running at ~185 first reported 0. I did each blade individually one by one.
opieum2

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:59:38 PM

So if you start to see the problem after 2 or 3 blades its either your PSU or your circuit. The circuit draw is the one unknown here. Is it a 20A or a 15A circuit? They usually are labled. This is where a killawatt meter comes in real handy.

opieum2

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:00:46 AM

I did this previously and the blade that is now running at ~185 first reported 0. I did each blade individually one by one.

185 on powersave is good. Not great but good. So its workable. Its a starting point but  also is starting to confirm what I said earlier about it being a power issue.

YourPalToots (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:07:40 AM

185 on powersave is good. Not great but good. So its workable. Its a starting point but  also is starting to confirm what I said earlier about it being a power issue.

Now I'm back to nothing. All blades reporting 0.

I'm thinking maybe it's the backplane or something.
opieum2

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:20:59 AM

Can you detail the process you are following? This might help in figuring out what is going on. Are you powering up a single blade...then a second....then a third?

There is alot of unknown information here so it will make it harder to figure out where your issue is. First the AMP question....what is your AMP draw on the circuit? To find that you go to the breaker box and look up the switch. If you are in the US it should say 15a, 20a or 30a. Could just be the numbers without the letter.

Secondly how are you hooking them up? Test each one individually first...if you get similar results that's a good sign each board works.  After that hook up a second board and see if you get similar results. Do this all in powersave to start with. Don't ratchet up speeds at all at this point. Hook up a third board and then 4th and 5th. Until the 0Ghs issue rears its ugly head. Again make sure NOTHING else is on that circuit where the miner is plugged in. IF so unplug it all. If there is a question of whats on the circuit go to the breaker box and switch off the circuit to see what is going on (And PLEASE be using a surge protector with your miner or you will fry it soon as it comes back on or you will have a paperweight after you flip the circuit back on).

I am covering everything just in case. I don't know your knowledge level so please don't be offended if I say something that is so basic and obvious, you would be surprised how often even advanced users miss the basic stuff.

DO things in small steps. Don't go for the big mining yet until you can determine why its not mining. I am relatively certain its a power problem but again without the questions answered above noone here can help you better address this.

To sum up:
Power single blade up in powersave mode.
Power 2 blades up in powersave mode.
power 3 blades up in powersave mode.
do this until you get to 5 working blades OR 0GHs issue. If 0Ghs issue then its almost certainly the PSU at that point. It might have a shared rail in which case I recommend getting an 8pin EPS to PCIe 6+2 pin connector (frozencpu sells them).

Also so far it seems you have only been able to get 2 cards working is that right?

YourPalToots (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:28:48 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2014, 01:07:39 AM by YourPalToots

Can you detail the process you are following? This might help in figuring out what is going on. Are you powering up a single blade...then a second....then a third?

There is alot of unknown information here so it will make it harder to figure out where your issue is. First the AMP question....what is your AMP draw on the circuit? To find that you go to the breaker box and look up the switch. If you are in the US it should say 15a, 20a or 30a. Could just be the numbers without the letter.

Secondly how are you hooking them up? Test each one individually first...if you get similar results that's a good sign each board works.  After that hook up a second board and see if you get similar results. Do this all in powersave to start with. Don't ratchet up speeds at all at this point. Hook up a third board and then 4th and 5th. Until the 0Ghs issue rears its ugly head. Again make sure NOTHING else is on that circuit where the miner is plugged in. IF so unplug it all. If there is a question of whats on the circuit go to the breaker box and switch off the circuit to see what is going on (And PLEASE be using a surge protector with your miner or you will fry it soon as it comes back on or you will have a paperweight after you flip the circuit back on).

I am covering everything just in case. I don't know your knowledge level so please don't be offended if I say something that is so basic and obvious, you would be surprised how often even advanced users miss the basic stuff.

DO things in small steps. Don't go for the big mining yet until you can determine why its not mining. I am relatively certain its a power problem but again without the questions answered above noone here can help you better address this.

To sum up:
Power single blade up in powersave mode.
Power 2 blades up in powersave mode.
power 3 blades up in powersave mode.
do this until you get to 5 working blades OR 0GHs issue. If 0Ghs issue then its almost certainly the PSU at that point. It might have a shared rail in which case I recommend getting an 8pin EPS to PCIe 6+2 pin connector (frozencpu sells them).

Also so far it seems you have only been able to get 2 cards working is that right?

I have 20a circuits.

I have the backplane plugged in.

When I power up the PSU the Raspberry Pi controller PWR light come on. After a few moments the internet connection lights turn green. Then a few moments later the fans spin up.

I am plugging the modules in one at a time and only one.

I have it set to power save mode.

1. I plug in module 1. See if it works. unplug it
2. I plug in module 2. See if it works. unplug it.

and I go down the line for all 5 modules.

all 5 do not respond.

I'm not sharing any rails right now. I have one 12v going to one module. It's one cable from the PSU to one module. That's it.

The connection on the power supply is 12v 104a.
opieum2

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 03:40:51 AM

I will take a look to see what I can find out. My thought is the power supply might be the problem. Even though it has 104A on a single rail....that might be the issue in and of itself. I ran into a problem with my Lepa 1600W and had to replace it recently. I had to relegate to PC. I ordered a pair of these instead.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=17-182-251

I was seeing power sags with my lepas that I could not explain as I knew the electrical was fine. Figured I had some extra on my budget so I shelled out for the ones above. I will post back more though once i have them. THe performance on the lepas was good BUT not as consistent. I was sure it was not the hardware in this case. FYI that rosewill was one of 3 models AMT actually recommended. They obviously had their systems working with those so I am going on that recommendation. Also the amps on those are more in line with our needs for these miners. I will know more once i have them. But chances are its the PSU in this case. Like I said. It kinda sucks because its a bit of trial and error. BUT it will help others out at least.

loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:23:01 AM

I will take a look to see what I can find out. My thought is the power supply might be the problem. Even though it has 104A on a single rail....that might be the issue in and of itself. I ran into a problem with my Lepa 1600W and had to replace it recently. I had to relegate to PC. I ordered a pair of these instead.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=17-182-251

I was seeing power sags with my lepas that I could not explain as I knew the electrical was fine. Figured I had some extra on my budget so I shelled out for the ones above. I will post back more though once i have them. THe performance on the lepas was good BUT not as consistent. I was sure it was not the hardware in this case. FYI that rosewill was one of 3 models AMT actually recommended. They obviously had their systems working with those so I am going on that recommendation. Also the amps on those are more in line with our needs for these miners. I will know more once i have them. But chances are its the PSU in this case. Like I said. It kinda sucks because its a bit of trial and error. BUT it will help others out at least.
Obviously amt systems are not working dude!
Will you be so kind to share how your systems are working?
Pool graph preferably.
Thank you very much in advance

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: