Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 08:44:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SPC][PoF] SaveCoin | Proof of Fund Coin | 64% Interest Annually / 0.137% Daily  (Read 64585 times)
Suresh Matsui (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:42:14 PM

I like the idea of fast block times, I wish more coins would do that.

Good to hear! I hope you try out SpeedCoin, if you leave your SpeedCoin address I can send you some to try out! Hope you like it Smiley

Maybe it's just me, but I see crypto more like stock/bonds it's not really a coin just yet, yest bitcoin is used, and that has made it. But for alt coins, I do not see no development of payment gate ways or anything in the ways of making it a coin.

right now it's all about the exchanges, and the volume of coins moved into other coins, this could be a good place for investors, but with people who insta mine these coins, they only see paying for the power consumption used, instead of insta mining these premined coins, wouldnt it be better to start backing coins and getting behind them.

Start your own Investment firm that specializes in altcoins maybe? sell the coins you have to investors and make sure you offer prime coins and help them grow.

The goal of this project is to pay out interest to miners of SpeedCoin and to those who buy and hold a balance in Speedcoin. This a new thing in the crypto-currency world, therefore on Thursday the first interest payments will be paid and SpeedCoin users will see the value of this crypto-currency.

This is a long term project which will last over 15 years, the interest paid out will cover payments for over a decade.

This is not a simple pump and dump or scamcoin, this is a whole new idea.

SaveCoin! Earn 64% interest a year with daily payouts! No need to stake your wallet, gain interest on cold storage and paper wallets too! http://savecoin.co
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:51:22 PM

Speedcoin has now been added to MiningPool.co

https://www.miningpool.co

Vardiff Stratum
1% Fee
Amazon EC2 Stratum Server
5 Minute Payouts

For those of you who already use the pool enable Speedcoin via your settings page.

Happy mining!

Smiley
Suresh Matsui (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:00:10 PM

Vardiff Stratum
1% Fee
5 Minute Payouts

For those of you who already use the pool enable Speedcoin via your settings page.

Happy mining!

Smiley

Cool!

By the way, official logo resources can be downloaded from here: http://speedcoin.net/SpeedCoin_Logo_Source.zip

Enjoy!

SaveCoin! Earn 64% interest a year with daily payouts! No need to stake your wallet, gain interest on cold storage and paper wallets too! http://savecoin.co
marsandotherplanets

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:29:14 PM

Vardiff Stratum
1% Fee
5 Minute Payouts

Happy mining!

Smiley

Oh cool this is great thanks, i already used mininpool.co before.

BTW, my hashrate is only 85mh/s on the site but on cgminer its 1.5 - 1/6 Gh/s (the normal for my miner)
Is this normal? or am i definitely receiving a lot less than i should?
ethought
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:06:51 PM

Vardiff Stratum
1% Fee
5 Minute Payouts

Happy mining!

Smiley

Oh cool this is great thanks, i already used mininpool.co before.

BTW, my hashrate is only 85mh/s on the site but on cgminer its 1.5 - 1/6 Gh/s (the normal for my miner)
Is this normal? or am i definitely receiving a lot less than i should?

It takes a little while for the system to see enough shares over time to calculate your correct mining speed.

I see now your miner is reporting at just under 1.4 GH/s.

You get credited for your full speed as soon as you start mining, it just takes a little while for the stats to catch up.
Philll90

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:14:03 PM

Just a simple calculation:

Block time ~ 30s
= ~ 120 blocks/hour = ~ 3000 blocks/day = ~ 1 000 000 blocks/year = 1 000 000 coins/year will be mined with a block reward of 1 coin/block

5% interest/year = 1 000 000 mined coins * 5% = 50 000 coins interest after 1 year.

So the dev will own this coin forever, because after ONE year he will STILL have 19 950 000 coins...LOL. And the miners ONLY 1 050 000

Sorry but this coin is a big shit! Shocked

This coin is going nowhere.
Suresh Matsui (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:32:42 PM

Block time ~ 30s
= ~ 120 blocks/hour = ~ 3000 blocks/day = ~ 1 000 000 blocks/year = 1 000 000 coins/year will be mined with a block reward of 1 coin/block

5% interest/year = 1 000 000 mined coins * 5% = 50 000 coins interest after 1 year.

So the dev will own this coin forever, because after 1 year he will still have 19 950 000 coins...LOL

Your math is off. Block time is 35 seconds and you didn't factor in the block halving every 500,000 blocks. (Which is approx every 202 days). This means you didn't read the OP correctly and thus you are looking at this coin as a pump and dump.

Here, let me fix that math for you.

500,000 coins (202 days)
+
250,000 coins (404 days)
+
125,000 coins (606 days)
+
75,000 coins (808 days)
+
37,500 coins (1,010 days)
+
12,500 coins (1,172 days)

That is 3.21 years in order to mine all available coins, after all coins are mined then transaction fees will be mined only.

As far as the interest payments go, the goal is to keep interest payments going on as long as possible to make sure the coin is still relevant. This is why 50,000 coins a year from the 19 million available will take a long time to deplete. (380 years to be exact!). As I said, SpeedCoin is made in mind for long term prospects.

However, if you don't like the idea of being paid interest on your earnings, then you are more than welcome to try elsewhere.

marsandotherplanets

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:40:22 PM

Block time ~ 30s

So the dev will own this coin forever, because after ONE year he will STILL have 19 950 000 coins...LOL. And the miners ONLY 1 050 000

This coin is going nowhere.

Second year will yield 78750 in interest, a whole 50%+ more than 1st year.
Using logs we can determine that if we start with 1 million on year 1 with 5% to be paid every year
then 20 million will be paid out in close to 61 -62 years.
Philll90

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:41:36 PM

Block time ~ 30s

So the dev will own this coin forever, because after 1 year he will still have 19 950 000 coins...LOL

Your math is off. Block time is 35 seconds and you didn't factor in the block halving every 500,000 blocks. (Which is approx every 202 days). This means you didn't read the OP correctly and thus you are looking at this coin as a pump and dump.

Here, let me fix that math for you.

500,000 coins (202 days)
+
250,000 coins (404 days)
+
125,000 coins (606 days)
+
75,000 coins (808 days)
+
37,500 coins (1,010 days)
+
12,500 coins (1,172 days)

That is 3.21 years in order to mine all available coins, after all coins are mined then transaction fees will be mined only.

As far as the interest payments go, the goal is to keep interest payments going on as long as possible to make sure the coin is still relevant. This is why 50,000 coins a year from the 19 million available will take a long time to deplete. (380 years to be exact!). As I said, SpeedCoin is made in mind for long term prospects.

However, if you don't like the idea of being paid interest on your earnings, then you are more than welcome to try elsewhere.

That makes the coin even more worse...

Why didn't you just implement POS besides the POW, so there won't be a premine Huh
POW like in the OP (max 1 million coins)
and POS (5% annualy)

I don't get it.
There is no advantage of your premine...
Simply a get rich scheme by dumping your coins.
Suresh Matsui (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:44:52 PM

Why didn't you just implement POS besides the POW, so there won't be a premine Huh
and POS (5% annualy)

I don't get it.

The advantage is that with POS you need to burn your coins and keep your wallet software open. You don't need to do that with SpeedCoin, you simply deposit or mine SpeedCoin at ANY address, and without even needing to keep your wallet open you gain interest payments. You save electricity and use less computer resources.

---------------------------

By the way, there is a new feature that is available in SpeedCoin to allow you to check the balance of any address directly from SpeedCoin-QT and SpeedCoind!  Grin

Run SpeedCoin with the -addrindex and -reindex parameters. This creates an index of address transactions. It's used for tracking confirmed balances of any wallet address.

Once SpeedCoin wallet software has started with those two parameters, you then gain access to the searchrawtransactions RPC command which lists the balance for any SpeedCoin address. No blockchain explorer needed! This can be entered at the Debug Window or on the SpeedCoin-cli program while running the wallet software!

Enjoy!

ethought
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:54:09 PM

and POS (5% annualy)

I don't get it.

The advantage is that with POS you need to burn your coins and keep your wallet software open. You don't need to do that with SpeedCoin, you simply deposit or mine SpeedCoin at ANY address, and without even needing to keep your wallet open you gain interest payments. You save electricity and use less computer resources.

By the way, there is a new feature that is available in SpeedCoin to allow you to check the balance of any address directly from SpeedCoin-QT and SpeedCoind!  Grin

Run SpeedCoin with the -addrindex and -reindex parameters. This creates an index of address transactions. It's used for tracking confirmed balances of any wallet address.

Once SpeedCoin wallet software has started with those two parameters, you then gain access to the searchrawtransactions RPC command which lists the balance for any SpeedCoin address. No blockchain explorer needed! This can be entered at the Debug Window or on the SpeedCoin-cli program while running the wallet software!

Enjoy!

Nice features!

I actually think this is quite an interesting coin.
Suresh Matsui (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:56:25 PM

Keep in mind that I do value community feedback, so increasing the annual interest rate is not out of the question, if everyone can agree on a good reasonable figure then I can change the interest rate accordingly.

Philll90

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:58:35 PM

and POS (5% annualy)

I don't get it.

Maybe you should have done better research...

There are also POS coins (1st gen POS coins like PPC, COMM, etc.), which work without keeping the wallet open. Not like e.g. NXT where staking is used for transaction fees.

So, why such a huge premine?
Suresh Matsui (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:07:24 PM

and POS (5% annualy)

I don't get it.

There are also POS coins (1st gen POS coins like PPC, COMM, etc.), which work without keeping the wallet open. Not like e.g. NXT where staking is used for transaction fees.

Coins like PPC need you to keep your coins untouched for a certain amount of time before minting occurs. SpeedCoin allows you to freely move your coins to any address and you'll gain interest no matter what. The pre-mine is for flexible interest payments that PPC and others do not provide.

Suresh Matsui (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:14:17 PM

and POS (5% annualy)

I don't get it.

Enjoy!

Nice features!

I actually think this is quite an interesting coin.

Thank you Smiley

If you or anyone else would like some SpeedCoins, I can send some if you post your address!

Philll90

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:26:17 PM

and POS (5% annualy)

I don't get it.

Coins like PPC need you to keep your coins untouched for a certain amount of time before minting occurs. SpeedCoin allows you to freely move your coins to any address and you'll gain interest no matter what. The pre-mine is for flexible interest payments that PPC and others do not provide.

But with a PoS block generation after 1 day of holding it would be nearly the same. You pay interest also only once per day.
ethought
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:27:16 PM

Thank you Smiley

If you or anyone else would like some SpeedCoins, I can send some if you post your address!

Thanks!

Sb6Li6aePBnP7wK8H71ypwRicavRbA2xFW
Suresh Matsui (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:42:51 PM

and POS (5% annualy)

I don't get it.

But with a PoS block generation after 1 day of holding it would be nearly the same. You pay interest also only once per day.

But you would lose interest if you moved any coins with PPC in that day, with SpeedCoin you don't have this disadvantage. Interest paid daily is perfectly fine for this application in my opinion.

Thank you Smiley

Thanks!

Sb6Li6aePBnP7wK8H71ypwRicavRbA2xFW

Sent! Smiley

------

After careful consideration, I will be increasing interest payments to 50% YEARLY. This is 0.137% interest DAILY. Will be updating OP and main site shortly! Now I hope this is a good reason to use SpeedCoin as a savings account, other coins can't match this kind of network speed, interest rate and flexibility Smiley No changes need to be made on your side, it's all done from mine! Keep mining happily! Smiley

ethought
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:47:45 PM

After careful consideration, I will be increasing interest payments to 50% YEARLY. This is 0.137% interest DAILY. Will be updating OP and main site shortly! Now I hope this is a good reason to use SpeedCoin as a savings account, other coins can't match this kind of network speed, interest rate and flexibility Smiley No changes need to be made on your side, it's all done from mine! Keep mining happily! Smiley

Sounds good!
Suresh Matsui (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:54:34 PM

Sounds good!

Thanks! Enjoy your SPC!

OP and site now updated! Interest payments will begin as scheduled for Thursday 2AM GMT. Smiley

Happy mining!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: