Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:06:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I didn't pay capital gains tax on bitcoin sales to IRS today  (Read 24012 times)
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:30:41 AM

That is a rather amusing rant.  I didn't have a bank account for a little while so I guess I was categorized as some kind of useless degenerative monk who may or may not be dangerous to others lol.  So glad I got that new account phew that was close.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 01:22:19 AM

Guys, you should grow up. If you don't like this system, go live somewhere else.

Not everyone has the option to "go live somewhere else".
What are those people supposed to do if they don't like to pay for corrupt BS?

They're supposed to get educated about the issues at hand, vote, write to their congress members, etc etc.

Honestly one of the biggest issues is people don't care or don't really know about the issues that they claim to be pissed off about. I love when they do surveys and find that for example 30% of people support one side, 25% support the opposite, and the rest don't know don't care or don't have any better idea.

You forgot to factor in the people that realize both sides are corrupt. Vote, write to congress members, you can't be serious right?
counter

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:31:10 AM

You sir are a criminal and should be thrown into the deepest darkest dungeon and feed to the lions.  You terrorist, how dare you not pay the man more of your hard earned money for no good reason.
Sage

Activity: 632

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:33:05 AM

OP - I would invite you to write a crypto-anarchist/libertarian post on Bitcoin taxes for my magazine, http://BitForum.org

It seems you have some interesting insights and we would be honored to have you as a Guest Author.

Dr. Michael Moriarty

Thank God someone's saying what everyone is or should be thinking:

http://bitforum.org/with-tax-day-fast-approaching-in-the-united-states-the-subject-of-bitcoin-and-taxation-has-been-all-over-the-news-lately-over-the-past-several-years-bitcoin-miners-investors-and-startups-have-enj/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=562282.0

Keep the discussion going.  Enough of the lemmings see others standing up they'll join in too.

botolo86

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:13:06 AM

I think this nice and clear calculator may be appropriate for this discussion.

http://act.one.org/sign/fy15_budget/

If you don't want to click on the link, here is an example of someone who makes $60k gross per year of profits.

Of this amount, this guy has paid $11,125 in taxes and here is how these taxes are going to be used:

$2,614.38 for social security
$1,891.25 for national defense
$1,657.63 for unemployment
$1,579.75 for medicare
$1,368.38 for health
$934.16 for other expenses
$678.73 for interests on US debt
$111.25 on foreign assistance

I myself am happy to contribute to all these things. I would like to reduce national defense but I would not put a $0 there.
Sage

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:36:10 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2014, 06:30:28 AM by Sage

I think this nice and clear calculator may be appropriate for this discussion.

http://act.one.org/sign/fy15_budget/

If you don't want to click on the link, here is an example of someone who makes $60k gross per year of profits.

Of this amount, this guy has paid $11,125 in taxes and here is how these taxes are going to be used:

$2,614.38 for social security
$1,891.25 for national defense
$1,657.63 for unemployment
$1,579.75 for medicare
$1,368.38 for health
$934.16 for other expenses
$678.73 for interests on US debt
$111.25 on foreign assistance

I myself am happy to contribute to all these things. I would like to reduce national defense but I would not put a $0 there.

Another brainwashed apologist for the Federal Reserve scam...

Not one red cent of the income tax goes to those things other then interest on the debt... the fraudulent debt created by design to enslave you.

P.S.  Don't forget to include in your list...

Baseless, unfounded wars of aggression
Government sponsored torture
Government kill lists
TSA
Ubiquitous government spying of every detail of your life
Unending terrorizing of sovereign countries through relentless drone attacks
The shredding of the Constitution

Hell, you can even be jailed now for collecting rainwater on your own land!

Wake the $%^^ up.  Every dollar you send them is used only to further enslave you.  And further a globalist, anti-human agenda.

If you support that, then by all means, send them your wealth.

But if you actually do have a moral conscience, and actually do want a future for your children with some modicum of freedom and prosperity, then use every tool at your disposal acting out non-violent civil disobedience.

Don't enable that monster any longer folks.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 05:00:28 AM

Well, it happened OP.

I took my garbage out to the road yesterday and nobody came to pick it up.

I called the government today and asked why they did not pick up my garbage. They told me "some guy didn't pay taxes on his bitcoins so we don't have enough money to pick up garbage"

Thanks a lot.

I wish government wasn't the only entity that could provide garbage service. Yet, according to some people, it apparently is.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Sage

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:03:10 AM

Well, it happened OP.

I called the government today and asked why they did not pick up my garbage. They told me "some guy didn't pay taxes on his bitcoins so we don't have enough money to pick up garbage"

Thanks a lot.

I wish government wasn't the only entity that could provide garbage service. Yet, according to some people, it apparently is.

Elwar are you ignorant, or just plain brainwashed beyond hope?  Or perhaps too apathetic to do some research.

Are you so ignorant as to really believe the income tax pays for garbage collection?Huh

Nope, city taxes do that...

(eye roll) Another brainwashed lemming.

silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:14:07 AM

Well, it happened OP.

Thanks a lot.

Elwar are you ignorant, or just plain brainwashed beyond hope?  Or perhaps too apathetic to do some research.

Are you so ignorant as to really believe the income tax pays for garbage collection?Huh

Have you considered Elwar may be using the literary technique sometimes referred to as  sarcasm?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sage

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:19:15 AM

Well, it happened OP.

Thanks a lot.

Have you considered Elwar may be using the literary technique sometimes referred to as  sarcasm?

I wish that were true... but taken in context with Elwar's other posts it's painfully apparent Elwar is hopelessly brainwashed or just plain ignorant... and as misery loves company uses this forum to further that brainwashing/ignorance on others.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 05:39:49 AM

Well, it happened OP.

Thanks a lot.

Have you considered Elwar may be using the literary technique sometimes referred to as  sarcasm?

I wish that were true... but taken in context with Elwar's other posts it's painfully apparent Elwar is hopelessly brainwashed or just plain ignorant... and as misery loves company uses this forum to further that brainwashing/ignorance on others.

What is this sarcasm thing you speak of? Will the government provide this for me with the help of taxes?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
counter

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 06:27:43 AM

Nor should you have.  Why so they can use it to start more wars or claim it goes to schools and roads even though both are in the worst shape ever.  Or maybe so they can use it to arm themselves against the citizens?
turvarya

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:22:04 AM

I am really fascinated by this Thread. There is so much BS going on here.
In the end, all you "anarchist" just want to keep your money.
Do you "anarchists" know, what Common Goods are? I don't think, I saw that term in this thread.
Let me ask one question:
Besides not paying taxes(because government is bad), what do you do to change the system?
It should be clear for everybody with some brain, that just not paying taxes wouldn't change anything, shouldn't it?

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 07:32:13 AM

You should clean that bullshit off your mirror, then.

Anarchists want to SPEND 100% of their OWN money. Not have it taken at the barrel of a gun, then spent by evil, sociopath pieces of shit who feign having IQs below that required to complete toilet hygiene tasks without daily assistance/reeducation.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
turvarya

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:37:51 AM

You should clean that bullshit off your mirror, then.

Anarchists want to SPEND 100% of their OWN money. Not have it taken at the barrel of a gun, then spent by sociopath pieces of shit who feign having IQs below that required to complete toilet hygiene tasks without daily assistance/reeducation.
Did you earn the money without using any infrastructure the government provides? If not, it is not 100% your money.
That's the same as a manager, who just stops paying his employees because he thinks, he did all the work and should get 100% of the gains.
You "anarchists" are not better, than this asshole capitalists.

7Priest7

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:39:49 AM

what do you do to change the system?
I use BTC.
I run a 1TB freenet node.
I pirate things.
I piss in polices coffee.
I advocate free thought when possible and encourage individuals to stop thinking like lemmings.
I break many laws.
I contribute nothing, and take everything.
I hope and pray for the day that the mountain of debt becomes a vertical wall and the U.S. falls on its fat ass.
I encourage others to do all of the above.

Fear of the law makes you a slave.
Materialism makes you a slave.
Lack of education makes you a slave.
Inability to form your own thoughts/opinions makes you a slave.
Gluttony makes a slave.
Sexual immorality makes you a slave.
Laziness/sloth makes you a slave.
Laws confine/restrict/punish human liberty.
Government/Civilization enslaves the human race.
turvarya

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:49:56 AM

what do you do to change the system?
I use BTC.
I run a 1TB freenet node.
I pirate things.
I piss in polices coffee.
I advocate free thought when possible and encourage individuals to stop thinking like lemmings.
I break many laws.
I contribute nothing, and take everything.
I hope and pray for the day that the mountain of debt becomes a vertical wall and the U.S. falls on its fat ass.
I encourage others to do all of the above.

Fear of the law makes you a slave.
Materialism makes you a slave.
Lack of education makes you a slave.
Inability to form your own thoughts/opinions makes you a slave.
Gluttony makes a slave.
Sexual immorality makes you a slave.
Laziness/sloth makes you a slave.
Laws confine/restrict/punish human liberty.
Government/Civilization enslaves the human race.
And still people in here, think they are free, because they keep as much money for themselves as possible.

7Priest7

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:51:55 AM

And still people in here, think they are free, because they keep as much money for themselves as possible.
Nobody is truly free.
Freedom is a nearly unattainable ideal.

The way to have freedom is to be outside the jurisdiction of any government.
Career Criminals have true freedom, they do as they please.
They exercise their freedom until another human exercises the freedom to imprison them.
Most of us cannot/will-not take our rebellion to outlaw level.

A truly free world/country would be bloody.
Sage

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:05:34 AM

Nobody is truly free.

The only way to have freedom is to be alone and outside the jurisdiction of any government.

Or come to the realization that you answer to no one.  Not to any government.  Not to any external authority.

You answer to natural law only.

How many governments are using fear & intimidation to get you to break those natural laws, forcing you to be party to killing & torture?

Doesn't matter if they forced you to or not, there's still a karmic price on your head for enabling that killing & torture.

Consider how much your spinelessness, falling prey to their fear & intimidation, is really costing your soul.

Consider what you're enabling next time you so gleefully write that check to the illegal & outlaw collection agency for the fraudulent Federal Reserve.

There is nothing good that has come from the Federal Reserve scam... only pain & suffering for all of humanity.

Any moral human would resist with all their heart & soul enabling such a system in any way.  Even if that means risking jail, torture, or even death.
Sage

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:34:01 AM

Nobody is truly free.

The way to have freedom is to be outside the jurisdiction of any government.
Career Criminals have true freedom, they do as they please.
They exercise their freedom until another human exercises the freedom to imprison them.
Most of us cannot/will-not take our rebellion to outlaw level.

A truly free world/country would be bloody.

How flawed can your logic be?  Did you bother to read that before posting?

We all have our freewill.  And with freewill comes the responsibility to accept the consequences of all freewill choices. Nobody has the right to violate anyone's freewill.  Do so & you most certainly should go to prison.

Your logic trying to paint true free men/women as criminals could not be more flawed & idiotic.

Only courageous humans who refuse to answer to anyone but their own conscience, always respecting the freewill of others, & the Golden Rule are truly free.  (The exact opposite of any criminal.)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: