Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:33:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: [POLL] What altcoins will triumph at the end of the coin wars?
Litecoin - 60 (7.4%)
Dogecoin - 38 (4.7%)
Darkcoin - 30 (3.7%)
NXT - 98 (12.1%)
Worldcoin - 8 (1%)
Megacoin - 56 (6.9%)
Hirocoin - 4 (0.5%)
Fedoracoin / TIPS - 4 (0.5%)
Vertcoin - 16 (2%)
Feathercoin - 2 (0.2%)
Quarkcoin - 13 (1.6%)
Peercoin - 15 (1.9%)
Mintcoin - 75 (9.3%)
Zeitcoin - 14 (1.7%)
Digibyte - 4 (0.5%)
Anoncoin - 14 (1.7%)
Digitalcoin - 8 (1%)
Cryptogenic Bullion - 3 (0.4%)
BitLeu - 0 (0%)
CoinO - 1 (0.1%)
Coin2 - 41 (5.1%)
Gridcoin - 9 (1.1%)
Pesetacoin - 31 (3.8%)
Unobtanium - 1 (0.1%)
TAG coin - 0 (0%)
Blackcoin - 198 (24.4%)
Community coin - 66 (8.1%)
Fluttercoin - 1 (0.1%)
Stabilityshares - 0 (0%)
Silkcoin - 0 (0%)
Namecoin - 0 (0%)
Goldcoin - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 810

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] What altcoins will survive the next 12 months?  (Read 9508 times)
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:54:10 PM

I vote for Mintcoin because it is actually making efforts to have an impact in the real-world: http://mintcoinfund.org/
The community is strong and full of people who are in it for more than making a quick buck.
Also, Mintcoin might be the first to have a fully functional (and secure) PoS android wallet. Which will be open source and benefit all PoS coins.

I think Fluttercoin (PoW/PoS/PoT hybrid) should be added to the list, I doubt it will get the votes it deserves because it seems like few people know about or appreciate it but I think it deserves a lot more recognition considering it is one of the first truly innovative coins since PoS was invented. I mean, it invented and utilizes an entirely new reward system (Proof-of-Transaction) that helps incentivize spending/using of the coin- this is the perfect counterpart for PoS systems since PoS generally incentivizes saving/holding.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:58:22 PM

I vote for Mintcoin because it is actually making efforts to have an impact in the real-world: http://mintcoinfund.org/
The community is strong and full of people who are in it for more than making a quick buck.
Also, Mintcoin might be the first to have a fully functional (and secure) PoS android wallet. Which will be open source and benefit all PoS coins.

I think Fluttercoin (PoW/PoS/PoT hybrid) should be added to the list, I doubt it will get the votes it deserves because it seems like few people know about or appreciate it but it deserves a lot more recognition considering it is one of the first truly innovative coins since PoS was invented. I mean, it invented an entirely new reward system (Proof-of-Transaction) that helps incentivize spending/using of the coin- this is the perfect counterpart for PoS systems since PoS incentivizes saving/holding.

How can the android wallet work for PoS, with a blockchain that's already so big?
stormia

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:01:38 AM

I think Fluttercoin (PoW/PoS/PoT hybrid) should be added to the list, I doubt it will get the votes it deserves because it seems like few people know about or appreciate it but it deserves a lot more recognition considering it is one of the first truly innovative coins since PoS was invented. I mean, it invented an entirely new reward system (Proof-of-Transaction) that helps incentivize spending/using of the coin- this is the perfect counterpart for PoS systems since PoS incentivizes saving/holding.

How can the android wallet work for PoS, with a blockchain that's already so big?

I'm no technical expert you would have to ask paspi, he is the person working on it. He probably won't disclose everything until it is done, and he shouldn't, since he has been putting a lot of work into it and would like to be the first to release such a wallet.
stormia

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:26:49 AM

I really think fluttercoin will have exploded by then

Proof of transaction really brings something new to the table.

Just saw this. I agree. Fluttercoin is the only truly technologically innovative coin I see on the market. The potential effect that PoT could have on the economics of the coin is very interesting IMHO.
lynn_402

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:50:34 AM

I'm no technical expert you would have to ask paspi, he is the person working on it. He probably won't disclose everything until it is done, and he shouldn't, since he has been putting a lot of work into it and would like to be the first to release such a wallet.

Ok thanks. It's intriguing, I'll follow the news about this.
nzminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:09:58 AM

fluttercoin does indeed look interesting, its a good way to encourage distribution.
2014 is going to be the year we see coins switch to POS and POT, and perhaps x11 mining, all these ASIC farms cant just keep running forever, its a ridiculous amount of energy needed to keep something like this alive.
Have added it to the poll.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Pedroishere

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 11:42:12 AM

PESETACOIN Smiley

ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 06:03:37 PM

Too bad we can't choose more than 1, or prioritize. My list (based on a combination of factors) might look something like this:
1. Blackcoin
2. Pesetacoin
3. Darkcoin
4. Fluttercoin

I'm surprised how little I hear in terms of development and promotion for litecoin. Seems like the only advantage it has is that it was among the first clones of bitcoin. If I could short it I would. Even dogecoin or mintcoin likely has more staying power than LTC.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Dreibhahn

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:11:41 PM

1. NEM-coin
2. EXO-coin
3. NXT-coin
4. BC
5. PPC
6. LTC
7. NMC
nzminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:25:31 AM

Too bad we can't choose more than 1, or prioritize. My list (based on a combination of factors) might look something like this:
1. Blackcoin
2. Pesetacoin
3. Darkcoin
4. Fluttercoin

I'm surprised how little I hear in terms of development and promotion for litecoin. Seems like the only advantage it has is that it was among the first clones of bitcoin. If I could short it I would. Even dogecoin or mintcoin likely has more staying power than LTC.
I dont think litecoin has much future, its difficulty has dropped significantly, although once ASICS become more common, everyone will direct their hashpower at it as a quick pump and dump. I dont see any advantage with LTC other than its faster than bitcoin and was ASIC proof at the time.

There are many coins all with good features, i feel that we will see probably POS coins being the most successful in the long term, but here is my list of coins that i feel will have major success:
1: NXT
2:Blackcoin
3:Darkcoin
4:Megacoin

Fluttercoin is too new to judge its potential, as goes with stabilityshares.
I think we will see Doge being around for some time, but dont know high it will reach.

ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:55:57 AM

I recently built a small position in HoboNickels.

After doing some research I found the fundamentals, community and developers very solid compared to the marketcap. It is a hybrid PoW (scrypt) & PoS coin with an attractive stake reward. So I'll mainly use it for PoS mining over the next year or so.

...Also I guess I got a bit tired of the 'coin' postfix :)
firefly88

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:07:25 AM

My view is that Litecoin is still regarded as the "standard" to which script based coins are benchmarked. So I don't think it will go away anytime soon. Smiley
neuroMode

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:09:40 AM

Come on...Myriadcoin!!

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
lynn_402

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:55:24 AM

My view is that Litecoin is still regarded as the "standard" to which script based coins are benchmarked. So I don't think it will go away anytime soon. Smiley

Do altcoins really need a scrypt standard? Since their value already systematically follows that of BTC anyway.
omahapoker

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:32:40 AM

i think potcoin will do goood as soon as they have a solid biz plan
centralpark

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 06:55:50 AM

I think community coin good for now and future  Cheesy
terrojptc

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 10:46:46 AM

1. Blackcoin
2. Pesetacoin
3. Darkcoin
4. Fluttercoin

I think the same...
nzminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:00:20 AM

There are so many coins to choose from i wish i could see into the future to know what ones to invest in .
I think NXT will be adopted eventually, and that POS coins will supersede mining coins.
Look at blackcoin and darkcoin seem to be doing well.
Dont know if megacoin is a pump and dump or if it will actually succeed as a serious currency.

eeee12344

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:35:40 PM

1. NXT-coin
2. EXO-coin
3. Qora
4. BC

Wink
Isildur23

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:20:19 PM

Not much clones, if any.
Only coins that are more like a platform have potential.

Ties are a prison for the soul...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: