Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:38:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitscalper anyone use this ? [PASSWORDS LEAKED]  (Read 40939 times)
bittenbob

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:01:52 AM

OK not a scammer directly but one way or another. And then you had the nerve to accuse him of taking the coins out when he hadnt. In fact he only said he took the other coins out and that the money was still in there. You didnt even bother to check.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mooseman99

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:06:53 AM

Does anyone know if the bitscalper on the forum is the same who runs the site? 
The responses I got from the site admin were friendly and helpful but this guy seems angry and asked me to send coins to his wallet. 
Is it possible he's a fraud just looking for extra coins?
bitscalper

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:24:19 AM

I was going to toss a coin in there just to check it out, but now I probably won't

I considered it too but also will not now. Like someone said, this is bad customer service. You could have politely asked for the coins and that would have been ok but since you demanded them and called him a scammer that is just inappropriate. I think an apology might be in order.

Well alright, we do apologizes for rudeness, but still, it is not quite the way the 'ideal' beta tester attitude to attempt multiple withdrawals when you clearly know you are stealing money. It seemed clear to us from the OP that he was well aware of that. Anyway we apologized and he can keep the coin. The bug is fixed now and we understood the causes.
bittenbob

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:25:37 AM

I was going to toss a coin in there just to check it out, but now I probably won't

I considered it too but also will not now. Like someone said, this is bad customer service. You could have politely asked for the coins and that would have been ok but since you demanded them and called him a scammer that is just inappropriate. I think an apology might be in order.

Well alright, we do apologizes for rudeness, but still, it is not quite the way the 'ideal' beta tester attitude to attempt multiple withdrawals when you clearly know you are stealing money. It seemed clear to us from the OP that he was well aware of that. Anyway we apologized and he can keep the coin. The bug is fixed now and we understood the causes.

You still call him a thief. That wasn't much of an apology. You should have just quit about half a sentence in there.
bitscalper

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:27:36 AM

Does anyone know if the bitscalper on the forum is the same who runs the site?  
The responses I got from the site admin were friendly and helpful but this guy seems angry and asked me to send coins to his wallet.  
Is it possible he's a fraud just looking for extra coins?

Sorry mooseman99, it's quite frustrating to lose people's money. Since we're not a scam or ponzi or whatever, every coin we lose counts toward the system`s balance. that's why we was caught with an angry response at first. Apologizes again for being rude, we misunderstood your intentions for sure.
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:29:01 AM

bitscalper: if you aren't a ponzi, why are outputs generally unspent?  you're not even pretending to use the coins

(BFL)^2 < 0
bitscalper

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:30:19 AM

You still call him a thief. That wasn't much of an apology. You should have just quit about half a sentence in there.

This is was just an explanation. Did not mean to accuse anybody, we just made a supposition, but probably we just misunderstood each other. Perhaps the next time an email alerting us about the bug would be more appropriate. that's all.
bitscalper

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:32:20 AM

bitscalper: if you aren't a ponzi, why are outputs generally unspent?  you're not even pretending to use the coins

We do move the coins, the coins are being sent from the main wallet address, not the admin sub-wallet used to send the withdrawals, and neither those used by the users to fund the accounts. Hope this helps.
mooseman99

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:36:20 AM

Ok i think he got me and antoineph confused.  I did not make multiple withdraws and the extra money I earned is still in there, but antoineph was the one with negative balance who kept getting interest.  
However thank you for the apology.  
I understand your frustration at losing coins because of a bug, but that is technically your fault.

You must also understand the hesitation of members of the forum to send money to a site that does not require identification and generates a statistically unbelievable return on their investment.

I think it would reassure many people if you told us why you did not get a loan to wager on bitcoins rather than relying on several bitcoin users.
If you had gotten a $100,000 loan, with 5% return, you would recoup your investment in 15 days and have an additional $100,000 to wager on your own.
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:38:26 AM

I think it would reassure many people if you told us why you did not get a loan to wager on bitcoins rather than relying on several bitcoin users.
If you had gotten a $100,000 loan, with 5% return, you would recoup your investment in 15 days and have an additional $100,000 to wager on your own.

Excellent point...

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
antoineph

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:41:09 AM

guys, this is without doubt a scam. And not a particularly well executed one at that. There are just way too many red flags.
bitscalper

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:42:12 AM

The negative balances issues was caused by a miscalculations in the withdrawal script. It is fixed now i believe.

We could not get a loan because, again, our country is under heavy crisis, and credit is being spilled drop by drop and only to safe ventures. Bitcoin status here is of total illegality. We stay in Italy where now by law, you cannot have more than 1000 eur in cash. Imagine what would be getting a loan for investing with a cryptocurrency, the heaven for money laundering and tax evasion, which is what Italy is fighting the most now.

bitscalper

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:43:33 AM

guys, this is without doubt a scam. And not a particularly well executed one at that. There are just way too many red flags.

antoineph, can you elaborate ? we're willing to clarify.
bittenbob

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:46:19 AM

The negative balances issues was caused by a miscalculations in the withdrawal script. It is fixed now i believe.

We could not get a loan because, again, our country is under heavy crisis, and credit is being spilled drop by drop and only to safe ventures. Bitcoin status here is of total illegality. We stay in Italy where now by law, you cannot have more than 1000 eur in cash. Imagine what would be getting a loan for investing with a cryptocurrency, the heaven for money laundering and tax evasion, which is what Italy is fighting the most now.

Not allowed to have more than 1000 Euros cash? That sounds pretty fascist to me. I also wasnt aware that bitcoin was illegal anywhere. If your in such a crazy country why not move to another one that's a little more sane?

To me I would worry that you will one day say sorry we got busted and cant pay back the coins in your accounts. Im not accusing you of anything but its a little too much for me to invest even a single satoshi in.
mooseman99

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:50:53 AM

Okay this is more along the lines of what I wanted to hear.
An alibi backed by some facts.
http://www.stripes.com/news/italy-transactions-exceeding-1-000-euros-must-be-electronic-1.165892

However, bank transactions are electronic.  Did you not have 10,000 in your bank account? Or were you not willing to wager it, which raises additional concern?

It still surprises me that you didn't go through a loanshark or some other way of getting a large amount of money, albeit with high interest.
With the current statistics (182 bitcoins scalped) you will have only made 3 bitcoins (.0175 x 182) which doesn't seem to justify the time or effort you put into this, as your return is far lower than that of the users.

Even if you only used 1000 of your own euros you would have almost 20,000 euros after just 2 months, and 80,000 the next month.
bitscalper

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:53:08 AM

Not allowed to have more than 1000 Euros cash? That sounds pretty fascist to me. I also wasnt aware that bitcoin was illegal anywhere. If your in such a crazy country why not move to another one that's a little more sane?

To me I would worry that you will one day say sorry we got busted and cant pay back the coins in your accounts. Im not accusing you of anything but its a little too much for me to invest even a single satoshi in.

yeah, it's true, this country is going toward fascism. We will leave it in the future for sure, even if we love it. don't think we're gonna be busted, that's the reason we want to stay anonymous, the risk is real. Your doubts are understandable and the final decision is yours.

Here is a simple script i made up to show you a couple of the opportunities we use in our engine :

http://bitscalper.com/p/app/opp

The prices are updated by a separate component from the trading engine, by a machine residing in a different place, with a better ping rate.
antoineph

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:54:18 AM

The major points have been covered.

- bitscalper admins are anonymous
- coins do not appear to be moved around
- why don't they use their own money or take a loan?
- the account balances and interests are inconsistent.

In fact I wouldn't even be surprised that much of the UI is a front, and all withdrawals and account balances are carried out manually.

bitscalper has an answer to each of these, but there is no proof. It is trivial to make something up.

Bitcoin is totally illegal in their country? I have never heard of this. Source?
antoineph

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:57:44 AM

And their first FAQ is "This seems too good to be true. Is it a scam?"

That means it's a scam.
mooseman99

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 03:59:16 AM

And their first FAQ is "This seems too good to be true. Is it a scam?"

That means it's a scam.
Ok let's hold off on accusations and let him address the points we made.  From here people can make their own informed decisions whether or not to try their luck.
bitscalper

View Profile
January 16, 2012, 04:01:13 AM

The major points have been covered.

- bitscalper admins are anonymous
- coins do not appear to be moved
- why don't they use their own money or take a loan?
- the account balances and interests are inconsistent.

In fact I wouldn't even be surprised that much of the UI is a front, and all withdrawals and account balances are carried out manually.

bitscalper has an answer to each of these, but there is no proof. It is trivial to make something up.

Bitcoin is totally illegal in their country? I have never heard of this. Source?

It's totally illegal now because the parlament just approved laws that impose the use of cash up to 1000 eur, for more you have to use a bank account. So bitcoin = money laundering in italy = jail. Somebody already linked source for this legislation.

We are not making anything up, in the next weeks we'll launch another more open service, along the lines of bitscalper.
We explained just now in another reply why we cannot take a loan in Italy now, on top of the reasons already given, we do not have a nice credit score because we're 25-30 young entrepreneurs just starting out.
The inconsistencies were caused by miscalculations, and it should be fixed now.
Coins are moved from the main wallet account which is not shared.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: