Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:13:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitscalper anyone use this ? [PASSWORDS LEAKED]  (Read 40939 times)
bitscalper

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 04:20:12 AM

Another point to consider; If the site owner is so concerned about being anonymous with the volume he claims he would have had to verify at MTGox and other exchanges. Their AML policies are pretty strict and its very easy to trigger a verification. Anonymous in this type of business only means that he is taking your money. If anyone has money in here I would advise to get it out immediately.

I'm verified with mtgox of course. You are just diffusing panic.

Translation: Don't take out all your coins or I will be found out!

What are you going to do when MTGox reports your $10K+ operations on your income taxes? If you are so concerned about remaining anonymous then the verification at MTGox goes against that.

This is your translation, because you think i'm a scammer. Operations did not go beyond that yet, and we plan to move out from the country within a short timespan.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 04:22:16 AM

Matthew, i do believe that you do not have any authority for asking our source codes.

No one is forcing anything. Welcome to the free market.

What i agreed with you was showing our codebase, with some of the sensitive parts removed.

2 weeks has passed. Several kind nudges were given, followed by flat out requests. You have yet to provide anything remotely considerable as proof. Furthermore, I would have loved to keep this between you and I and gave you ample time to consider (which you also agreed on) and warned you that if you cannot provide this evidence that you are not just a scammer that I would not support you and would actively voice my opinions on it as I feel bound to do (as you agreed on).

You refused and acted like a mafia boss by threating us of being shutdown, and now this.
Nice try. No one has refused anything. We, myself and at least 12 others from the DCAO in separate conversations have been pleading with you to give some shred of recognizable proof and you have delayed, pretended your phone was not working, cited your fears of conspirators and the legal system, etc etc etc.

The "now this" part you're referring to is me kindly telling the community my own personal opinion of your risk-laden website. Do you have a problem with me voicing my opinion? Does the mafia often voice their opinion and ask for proof of things? I'm pretty sure the mafia would just break your kneecaps if you didn't let them in on any of your business endeavors. I have logs to prove that I have only tried to involve you in our endeavors, sharing much more than I should in fact. For someone who lives in a glass house you sure do throw a lot of stones.

Do you go to your bank and ask for their trading algos?
Banks aren't anonymous. Do you consider yourself a bank now?

Also, do you see that withdrawals are processing correctly? we are not a scam, and not running away. there are just a few  hundreds bitcoin in the fund now.
Yes well, as I said both publicly and privately, I hope I am wrong about you as you seemed to be a very nice chap. The problem is, the business your running is anonymous and scammy.

I'll say this again:

Do not let this community suffer through another MyBitcoin. Let's kindly and quietly raise our standards and show these so called 'businesses' how it's done.

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 04:23:36 AM

I took my (very small amount of) Bitcoins and withdrew them from Bitscalper.  It was a test run.

I think you guys should cut Bitscalper some slack.  If people want to be stupid and take the chance of losing a large amount, that's their prerogative.  Bitscalper has no obligation to share anything -- he simply won't have my business, that's all.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 04:26:57 AM

he simply won't have my business, that's all.

Exactly. This is all I am trying to say. Let's leave the drama out of this entire thing. Just, as a community, let's stop letting scammy businesses sell their FUD to us anymore.

Do not let this community suffer through another MyBitcoin. Let's kindly and quietly raise our standards and show these so called 'businesses' how it's done.

bitscalper

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 04:37:55 AM

well, sometimes mafia pretends to know more than what they are allowed to know, using coercive methods. I do see some patterns here.
Anyway, lately i was busy coding, had some personal issue, and still think there are things i won't share with you, because i don't feel i need to.
What it is clear now, is that we did not run away with the money, we are coders, very well grounded in the financial field, and we're developing more and more infrastructure. The facts are all against your theory Matthew. Even if you use fancy words. I hope you seriously reconsider your position in a few weeks when you see that everything is working smoothly, also contact me if you want to see a part of our codebase.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 04:43:51 AM

still think there are things i won't share with you, because i don't feel i need to.
You don't need to. No one is forcing you to. It's called the free market. Your honest, transparent replacement is already being designed by another party as you already knew. Business advice: Step up the transparency and stop running things like a scammer.

What it is clear now, is that we did not run away with the money, we are coders, very well grounded in the financial field, and we're developing more and more infrastructure.

You can code a script to echo a ticker, and even that is not proven as you could have paid someone else to make it. You are missing the point here. No one is calling you a scammer. You're defending against nothing. You should be working to communicate with the community and be more transparent before you lose all of your business to your competitors.

The facts are all against your theory Matthew

O Rly? So you're a professional that we should all trust? You know your stuff when it comes to coding, finance, systems, security, etc?

I know for a fact that's a lie and if I told why (even though I agreed not share the details of our conversations) everyone in the community would abandon your shaky site in a second.

Tread lightly and stop arguing with me. Start proving yourself. Or just keep spreading FUD and playing pretend.

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 04:45:05 AM

well, sometimes mafia pretends to know more than what they are allowed to know, using coercive methods. I do see some patterns here.
Anyway, lately i was busy coding, had some personal issue, and still think there are things i won't share with you, because i don't feel i need to.
What it is clear now, is that we did not run away with the money, we are coders, very well grounded in the financial field, and we're developing more and more infrastructure. The facts are all against your theory Matthew. Even if you use fancy words. I hope you seriously reconsider your position in a few weeks when you see that everything is working smoothly Matthew, also contact me if you want to see a part of our codebase.

With all due respect, given what happened with MyBitcoin it really doesn't matter if you've been loyal for 2 years.  We need proof of security of the assets we invest -- rock solid security and/or insurance.  The more users deposit (let's assume this will become an increasingly larger figure over time), the more incentive you have to walk.

That is what MyBitcoin did.  
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2012, 04:45:48 AM

I took my (very small amount of) Bitcoins and withdrew them from Bitscalper.  It was a test run.

I think you guys should cut Bitscalper some slack.  If people want to be stupid and take the chance of losing a large amount, that's their prerogative.  Bitscalper has no obligation to share anything -- he simply won't have my business, that's all.

+1

he got this thing up and running and so far so good, everyone has only reported good things.

I'm closely looking at his business, and hoping one day he will be able to win my trust, and ill have all my coins safely stored their.

storing your bitcoin in a "bank" which pays interest is so going to become the norm. who ever can get their first and set the trend, wins 90% of the market.

I hope you figure out a way to gain my trust bitscalper

We need proof of security of the assets we invest -- rock solid security and/or insurance.  The more users deposit (let's assume this will become an increasingly larger figure over time), the more incentive you have to walk.

That is what MyBitcoin did. 

yup thats the idea win our trust by providing a way in which we dont need to trust you, maybe make us sign a contract? and organize to not have to be anonymous 

bitscalper

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 04:48:46 AM

still think there are things i won't share with you, because i don't feel i need to.
You don't need to. No one is forcing you to. It's called the free market. Your honest, transparent replacement is already being designed by another party as you already knew. Business advice: Step up the transparency and stop running things like a scammer.

What it is clear now, is that we did not run away with the money, we are coders, very well grounded in the financial field, and we're developing more and more infrastructure.

You can code a script to echo a ticker, and even that is not proven as you could have paid someone else to make it. You are missing the point here. No one is calling you a scammer. You're defending against nothing. You should be working to communicate with the community and be more transparent before you lose all of your business to your competitors.

The facts are all against your theory Matthew

O Rly? So you're a professional that we should all trust? You know your stuff when it comes to coding, finance, systems, security, etc?

I know for a fact that's a lie and if I told why (even though I agreed not share the details of our conversations) everyone in the community would abandon your shaky site in a second.

Tread lightly and stop arguing with me. Start proving yourself. Or just keep spreading FUD and playing pretend.

I offered you to checkout a part of the codebase, isn't that enough for you to legitimate our business ? you need to see everything ? please explain why throughly if you call for transparence.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 04:53:54 AM

I offered you to checkout a part of the codebase, isn't that enough for you to legitimate our business ? you need to see everything ? please explain why throughly if you call for transparence.
Don't tell me what you offered when we both know exactly what you offered, when you offered it, how many deadlines you missed, how many excuses you gave, how many times you change the description of what you in fact were going to be showing as 'proof', and then finally never showed anything more than a screen capture of something a 12 year old could make that proved nothing.

Stop arguing with me and starting asking the community-- not me-- how you can win their business. I didn't do anything to you. I am speaking my opinion of your risk-laden website.

bitscalper

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 05:00:52 AM

Don't tell me what you offered when we both know exactly what you offered, when you offered it, how many deadlines you missed, how many excuses you gave, how many times you change the description of what you in fact were going to be showing as 'proof', and then finally never showed anything more than a screen capture of something a 12 year old could make that proved nothing.

Stop arguing with me and starting asking the community-- not me-- how you can win their business. I didn't do anything to you. I am speaking my opinion of your risk-laden website.

Well, coding takes time, so sorry i missed your very important "deadlines". I shown the screen capture here for people to see something and not just words. I offered you to check a part of our codebase that would prove we have coded a private cross exchange trading api for node.js and we do operate it for real. Final decision is up to you. I will respect it. I just don't like your personal arrogance.
mav

Activity: 169
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 05:06:59 AM

At the moment the only trust people can establish with this site is based on the notion that 'they earn me money' (something other forum users have verified, and I don't doubt this claim).

To me, this is a shaky basis for trust. I personally do not trust bitscalper. For a professional person to offer 'proof' via the youtube video posted earlier is terrifying and extemely unprofessional. No truly professional person would be willing to say that the video posted legitimises their business. It amazes me that they are brazen enough offer that as 'proof'. The video showed nothing. Yes, nothing. Messages from the websocket ticker proves nothing at all. It actually decreases the trust because bitscalper claims the video conveys information, yet there is only the appearance of information.

Whether you use this service is entirely up to you, and I concede that they may be legitimately offering a valid service, however there is NO ESTABLISHED TRUST and until that is established... I would stay clear.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 05:10:41 AM

At the moment the only trust people can establish with this site is based on the notion that 'they earn me money' (something other forum users have verified, and I don't doubt this claim).

To me, this is a shaky basis for trust. I personally do not trust bitscalper. For a professional person to offer 'proof' via the youtube video posted earlier is terrifying and extemely unprofessional. No truly professional person would be willing to say that the video posted legitimises their business. It amazes me that they are brazen enough offer that as 'proof'. The video showed nothing. Yes, nothing. Messages from the websocket ticker proves nothing at all. It actually decreases the trust because bitscalper claims the video conveys information, yet there is only the appearance of information.

Whether you use this service is entirely up to you, and I concede that they may be legitimately offering a valid service, however there is NO ESTABLISHED TRUST and until that is established... I would stay clear.

+1

bitscalper

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 05:22:01 AM

I never said this would legitimize our business. The video was posted just to show some of our infrastructure. As per a legitimization i was hoping matthew would consider checking our source code as proposed before, but seems he changed his mind. Also we'll be taking further steps to open up data about actual transactions and fund deposited on our site.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 05:28:33 AM

I never said this would legitimize our business. The video was posted just to show some of our infrastructure. As per a legitimization i was hoping matthew would consider checking our source code as proposed before, but seems he changed his mind. Also we'll be taking further steps to open up data about actual transactions and fund deposited on our site.

Great! Until then....

bitscalper

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 05:33:56 AM

Great! Until then....

What?
bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 05:36:51 AM

What do you suggest ? do you want us to liquidate everyone and close the site ? we already received multiple requests for taking the system down for private use, or for purchasing it out. by the end of the month we'll be probably doing this anyway.

Has anyone forgotten this post yet? I would be getting your coins out before the end of the month.
bitscalper

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 05:39:45 AM

What do you suggest ? do you want us to liquidate everyone and close the site ? we already received multiple requests for taking the system down for private use, or for purchasing it out. by the end of the month we'll be probably doing this anyway.

Has anyone forgotten this post yet? I would be getting your coins out before the end of the month.

there's no plan for that now. if you read my posts, instead that bitching on this thread, you would see i've announced we are leaving beta and rolled out a new trading engine that should maximize profits. We had emails about poor performances in the last week.
bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 05:41:26 AM

there's no plan for that now. if you read my posts, instead that bitching on this thread, you would see i've announced we are leaving beta and rolled out a new trading engine that should maximize profits. We had emails about poor performances in the last week.

More super professional conduct. I just quoted what YOU said.
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 29, 2012, 05:44:27 AM

This seems to connect to what Matthew said in his post in Meta, that someone was interested in purchasing Bitscalper, but backed out.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: