Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:53:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitscalper anyone use this ? [PASSWORDS LEAKED]  (Read 40939 times)
trentreznor321

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 03:50:40 AM

bitcoind down? Or did they finally ran off?

Back up again

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sysrq

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 04:41:59 AM

Yep, back up and payments made for the last 2 days ...  Smiley
Frozenace

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 04:04:19 PM

Down again.

maybe the algorithm just isn't very stable.

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2012, 04:42:23 AM

Down again.

maybe the algorithm just isn't very stable.

you mean the website is down, or the return is negative? 

website down is inconvenient

negative return is possible and part of why investments are risky.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
BTC-engineer

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 02:05:50 PM

Bitscalpers "internal statistics" webpage is showing that over 3 days already no payout requests where paid. All of them are in the untouched "processing" state and from Bitscalper we have no sign of life, whether on his website nor in this forum. Haven said that, he is still silently checking this forum (see his user-account).

It's getting interesting...

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            ▄███████████████   █████▄   
         ▄██████████████████   ██████   
       █████████████████████  ███████   
     ██████████████████████   ████████ 
   ▄████████▀                █████████ 
  ██████    ▄██████         ██████████ 
 ███▀    ▄██████████      ███████████   
██       ████████████    ████████████   
          █████████████   ██████████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

VALVE      UBISOFT     GAMING ECOSYSTEM      Origin      GAMELOFT 
                   WEBSITE WHITEPAPER MEDIUM TWITTER FACEBOOK TELEGRAM █       

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 03:45:08 PM

and there are some very big withdraws waiting - 50's 100's , 500(!)

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 05:48:33 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2012, 07:53:36 AM by Kluge

and there are some very big withdraws waiting - 50's 100's , 500(!)
lol.... that's not funny. I ended up getting most of what I put in out, finally.

5BTC deposited on 2/3. 5BTC withdrawal requested on 2/3. Request canceled by server a couple days later. .0035BTC in losses by time account is accessible again. 4.9965BTC withdrawal requested on 2/6. 4.9091BTC paid out to my wallet on 2/6. ...As of 2/9, there's .588BTC on the account. Withdrawal requested, stuck in "processing." ETA: Today, the account balance is 2.6645352591004E-15 Bitcoin. ETA2: Wow. Was actually paid out on 2/13. Took a full 10 days from my original withdrawal request to get everything out, but ended up with ~5.5BTC. Was pleased just to get the 4.9. Cheesy
phorensic

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 06:05:24 PM

My withdrawal was pending for over 12 hours.  I logged in again this morning and it gave me somebody else's random account apparently.  Instead of my real balance I had a new balance of exactly 0.45BTC and the reports showed no earnings at all.  Interesting!  I sent them an e-mail to their support.
teek

Activity: 667

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 06:35:56 PM

i've tried withdrawing twice now, first time cancelled by server, second time I am in the queue for around ~18 hours or so so far.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2012, 03:17:58 AM

I want to disbelieve this is not as popular as a 25 page thread would suggest it is.   Undecided  How many of you have been buying from legit bitcoin merchants?  Huh

Good question; however making interest on bitcoin certainly seems like an appealing idea for all of the hoarders while they wait for bitcoins to become worth millions!

I have used bitcoins to purchase a future copy of Bitcoin Magazine.

I might be able to use them for a cab in Chicago in March.  I will be visiting for St. Patty's day and someone is working with a Chicago cab company to get Bit-pay.com's Limocoin solution up and running!

Woot!

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 05:20:54 AM

Bitscalper.com passwords have been leaked. More info.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
BTC-engineer

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 09:34:55 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2012, 09:46:43 AM by BTC-engineer

Interesting things are going on.

At the first view it looks like payment request were finally paid during the last days. But when you remember the large amount of payment requests since February 9, it's clear that only a few ones were paid. This are smaller payouts. It looks like all other payout requests were silently "rejected" and the bitcoins are back on the bitscalper user accounts.

Because of this and the last breaking news regarding passwords leaked, most of the "rejected" payout request were now requested again from the users plus some new requests.
There are currently about 1900 BTC payout request open (state processing) and still counting.

The user bitscalper has read inside this forum a few minutes ago. Still no reaction from his side.  Shocked

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            ▄███████████████   █████▄   
         ▄██████████████████   ██████   
       █████████████████████  ███████   
     ██████████████████████   ████████ 
   ▄████████▀                █████████ 
  ██████    ▄██████         ██████████ 
 ███▀    ▄██████████      ███████████   
██       ████████████    ████████████   
          █████████████   ██████████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

VALVE      UBISOFT     GAMING ECOSYSTEM      Origin      GAMELOFT 
                   WEBSITE WHITEPAPER MEDIUM TWITTER FACEBOOK TELEGRAM █       

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
M4v3R

Activity: 607

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 10:16:16 AM

Huh, fortunately I've used a generated password from 1Password there, so I really don't care if it leaked. Still, this is depressing... How can you even think of letting your users' funds basically without any protection? This is sick.
Blind

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 12:57:26 PM

How can you even think of letting your users' funds basically without any protection? This is sick.

This is very sloppy practice, but why should you really care if you plan to defraud your users anyway? The fact that Bitscalper stopped replying in this thread (while still checking it), despite climbing up reports about inability to withdraw funds, clearly speaks for his intentions.

Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. -- Ronald Reagan
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 03:15:11 PM

Magical excuse for running off with peoples' money: "We got SQL injected and the plaintext passwords were stolen!!" Grin

It's so old by now, it's growing a beard. And Bitscalper reeked of scam from day one... seriously, what excuse did they have for staying anonymous again? What was their trading tactic, and why exactly wouldn't they trade with one investor's money instead of distributing the inflow?

I haven't heard a single credible explanation to Bitscalper's "business model" yet. I would assume that what's happening now is either a scammer screwing up because caring for security is too expensive, or an intentional leak with the purpose of covering the tracks at the cost of some of the BTC at hand.

e.g.: Limit withdrawals to 20%, leave gaping security hole, wait until hole is discovered, withdraw 80% to own BTC addresses; announce "we are sorry, we have been hacked, OMG a lot of money is gone!"
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 03:42:41 PM

Magical excuse for running off with peoples' money: "We got SQL injected and the plaintext passwords were stolen!!" Grin

It's so old by now, it's growing a beard. And Bitscalper reeked of scam from day one... seriously, what excuse did they have for staying anonymous again? What was their trading tactic, and why exactly wouldn't they trade with one investor's money instead of distributing the inflow?

I haven't heard a single credible explanation to Bitscalper's "business model" yet. I would assume that what's happening now is either a scammer screwing up because caring for security is too expensive, or an intentional leak with the purpose of covering the tracks at the cost of some of the BTC at hand.

e.g.: Limit withdrawals to 20%, leave gaping security hole, wait until hole is discovered, withdraw 80% to own BTC addresses; announce "we are sorry, we have been hacked, OMG a lot of money is gone!"

So far the most successful business model in the bitcoin world is the oops-we-got-hacked-see-ya-later-guys model.  FFS, this thing is never going to go anywhere if our standards are so fucking low.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 03:45:43 PM

So far the most successful business model in the bitcoin world is the oops-we-got-hacked-see-ya-later-guys model.  FFS, this thing is never going to go anywhere if our standards are so fucking low.
Free market bro, fuck the powers that be. People who lose money simply deserve it. People who make them lose money deserve it. Might makes right. Grin
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 04:02:15 PM

Free market bro, fuck the powers that be. People who lose money simply deserve it. People who make them lose money deserve it. Might makes right. Grin

Exactly.  Any idiot who put a significant amount of money in expecting that it was actually being used to scalp (LOL) deserves to lose their money if they didn't get out in time.

(BFL)^2 < 0
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 04:08:04 PM

Yay, all hail bitcoin!  Anonymous internet money for scamming.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
phorensic

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 13, 2012, 05:06:24 PM

Great, I feel like I have to wait a YEAR of operation now before I can trust a new BTC business again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: