Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:54:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [closed] Buy shares NOT  (Read 49694 times)
rb2k

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 08:13:07 PM

Arch linux will require a LOT of commandline interaction before you end up with a usable graphical desktop.
I personally run a headless server and just SSH in, I'm happy with that.
But if you don't have a lot of Linux experience, I'd not necessarily recommend it. 
Why would you want to use Linux? Does it actually give you better performance? (Actual tests, not just people claiming things)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dishwara (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 08:23:20 PM

OpenCL for windows don't allow more than 4 GPU's. That't the only problem i am going for Linux.
Coz i personally used windows for the past 12 -14 years & i know how to handle it , even though novice in programming.
But since mining refuses more than 4 GPU's i am forced to switch to Linux.

Also, i saw some saying for 100% CPU usage, have to send emails to AMD.
Sending emails to AMD won't work as it just returns to you.
But i found developer forum for AMD & especially OpenCL, where you can put your questions.
Check out these links.

I request all Bitcoin Windows & also Linux users to ask in AMD developer forum to make OpenCL supports more than 4 GPU's in Windows also.

Here is the link, i asked.
http://forums.amd.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=390&threadid=146241

Go for last unread post. my user name is dishwara there also.
If the developer team put their eyes in OpenCL then Windows can mine with any number of GPU's
dishwara (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 09:46:40 PM

off topic.

by reading forum post found out a video of a guy doing pen trick, & in that page found a video which is hilarious.
Have fun.
http://www.clipaday.com/videos/drugs-you-shouldn039t-do-while-driving
dishwara (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 06:13:47 PM

Sorry SH, i was not well, so can't post/update.

I installed Ubuntu 10.4 & then got lite fever, so can't able to work due to body pain.

Now i switched on pc with all 7 cards & gone through steps given by Inaba.
Everything went smooth & after reboot & login to Ubuntu, i got White screen & system freeze.
Nothing worked, so restart.
But before restart i got doubt that its due to different cards in same pc.
5870 & 6970.
3 nos. of 5870 is connected to 1st PSU which also connected to mother board with 24 pin & CPU with 4 pin connector.
4 nos. of 6970 is connected to 2nd PSU & 2 nd PSU is switched on by connecting pin green & black (Power on & ground)

I didn't switch on 2nd PSU, switched on 1st PSU only & Ubuntu working fine & mining with 3 cards.

If some one have any idea, please share. I can't able to figure out where the problem is.
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:49:34 PM

Try using 8 cards.

Maybe the motherboard does not like having odd numbers of cards installed Huh Could be UEFI bug you never know etc. !
dishwara (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 08:07:52 PM

have 7 cards only, if i add my 6870 that will make 8 card. But now got doubt that mixing cards may be problem.
so try with 3 5870 & 3 6970
Also, now got some suggestions/help from DiabloD3. Going to try that too.
dishwara (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 11:13:43 PM

Those who want to run only one miner with more than 2 cards use Diablo's miner.

I with his help in windows able to run 3 5870 & 1 6970. Adding another 1 6970 crashes his miner also.
That confirmed that windows can't mine with more than 4 GPU's.
But still some are running with more than 4 GPU's in Windows, seems it happens if all cards are same 8 6970's.
Since here after going to buy only 6970's so in future can be able to mine in windows also.

About diablo's miner, it has a feature which all other miners lack for now.

In other miners, you select device from 0, poclbm its -d0, phoenix its -DEVICE=0, but in diablo device start from 1.

Just try this & u will see one miner mining in all cards u installed with only one worker.

Code:
DiabloMiner-Windows.exe -o api.bitcoin.cz -r 8332 -u YOURUSERNAME WITH WORKER -p PASSWORD OF WORKER -v 2 -w 128 -f 1

You can see, their is no where device mentioned. If you want to mention particular device then use -D 1 (capital D, small d is for debugging)
If you want to use all devices, then don't use -D at all.
Its a great feature not known to many as DiabloD3 not published so far directly in 1st post.
His miner sends data to pool from one miner only instead of 8, which may reduce pool data receiving & bandwidth.
With his miner you don't need to run 4 miners for 4 cards, just one miner is enough for 4 cards.
Try it.
Use affinity in task manager to reduce cpu usage.
Use "DiabloMiner-Windows.exe -h" in cmd for all parameters.

dishwara (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 12:26:23 PM

SH, short update.
After posting the last post, instead of installing Ubuntu, i tired Linuxcoin & it detected the 3 5870 & 3 6970 connected.
It took some time for me to give correct mining details in the start_mining terminal for the 6 cards. Not easy.
Anyway, i just let it run for 5-6 hours then try to update, that made restart & since no persistence, i just gone to windows & mining with 4 cards till now.
So, it just some wrong installation in Ubuntu 10 that made crash. Going for Ubuntu 11 by removing gdm as DiabloD3 said.
gdm is causing all the slowness. Uninstalling it & running startx will make system faster.

Also, got call from shop that the 2 5870 ordered arrived & now sent payment through NEFT, it will take 4-5 hrs or a day, then only he give card.
paid for 1 CMSPG1200W & 2 nos. of MSI 5870 + 4 belkin gold series surge protectors.

DiabloD3 also said some are running with 8 GPU's in windows. It seems it happens when all GPU's are identical.
Since, i got 3 + now another 2 5870 & no more 5870 is going to available, i just remove 6970 from mobo & run with 5 5870's in windows.
If that works, then i have to buy another mobo with only 5 slots (1x,16x ) & just have it as separate system & can mine in windows.
Then i have to increase 6970 cards in big bang & also mine in windows (as already 4 is from MSI & can buy another 4 from them). For that i need money. It will take 2-4 days for me to confirm.

In hand have around 50000 INR, which is to pay the electricity bill. since now in domestic, (i haven't changed so far due to 8 card not mining, also need more money for deposit..) don't know what they will do this month. In 1 or 2 days they visit to get reading from meter.
Then only can know they ask to pay in domestic or commercial. Also they will ask to pay same amount or more as deposit.

I also bought a 3 star whirlpool 1 ton aviator air conditioner last month.
I didn't use SH money for that, but bought from my own money using EMI.
I actually have no intention to buy air conditioner now, but the heat from card made me & my parents sick with outside temp also in 38C-41C.
My dad is in CAPD(dialysis for kidney failure) & have to pay BAXTER to get medical supplies.
So to pay the installment to baxter, i sold a gold jewel i had which gave me enough money to pay for installment & also for air conditioner.

Since i bought air conditioner for my own purpose i can't use SH money for that. But to pay electricity bill, i have to use SH money.
It takes around 1200W per hour same as a PSU.

I post update after installing & running in Ubuntu 11.04
dishwara (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 11:50:33 AM

sorry share holders.

I came to understand the real truth that i was/am/will not fit to run a company.
Already i once got name thief, i don't want to get it again.

Just now motherboard got busted.
First i thought it was PSU, but it seems motherboard, as i removed PSU & checked it with a fan & its working fine.
Connecting to motherboard & switching on does nothing.

Also, from this i learnt i am not fit to run this or any other company.
Motherboard is in warranty, but i am not sure, they will repair it, coz it seems it got blown out due to having 8 cards.
Even though 8 cards get power from PSU only.

Also, with this, even i repair & run, i will get another problem & i know i don't have management capability or administration capability to fight again & again.

So, before again anything blows out, some one please take this.
Here no one will buy the hardware & even if they did, they will ask for less than half price.

I don't even know how to send to any other country, as fucking customs & transport will do anything for bribe but not for truth.

If anyone ready to take , i am ready to send.

I have one MSI big bang marshal motherboard(If got repair & replacement)
4 nos. of MSI R6970 Lighting cards
2 nos. of MSI R5870 lighting cards
2 nos. of ASUS EAH5870 cards
1 Sapphire HD 5870(bought as used one)
3 Cooler Master SPG 1200W PSU.
1 4GB Corsair 1600 Mhz RAM
1 Intel i5 2400, 3.1 Mhz , LLA1155
1 250 GB Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM HDD
6 Belkin gold series surge protectors.
4 cooler master 120 mm black fan
8-9 zebronics 120mm blue led fan.
21 nos. of 1x extender cables.
2 nos. of 16x extender cables.
& now in transit, 6 nos of 16x extender cables & 3 nos. of 1x extender cables.
1 AOC 19 inch LED monitor, 1 Microsoft PS/2 keyboard & 1 Microsoft USB mouse.

800 INR worth slotted angles.
1 4GB sandisk cruzer edge.

I think thats it, If i found any thing, i post in next post.

All are bought new & used only for less than a month. Bought after 19th may 2011 only, except the Sapphire 5870 card, which also bought after may 2011, but it was bought from ebay as used one.
dishwara (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 11:56:31 AM

I forgot , ~18-20 bitcoins in mtgox & also some ~14 coins mined, can see in the wallet id. Also ~50000 INR as cash to pay last & this month electricity bill.
rb2k

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 03:15:48 PM

So what you say is that all the shares are worthless and you can't even sell the hardware?
Ben Walsh (beamer)

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 03:33:38 PM

dishwara - once the GLBSE exchange is back up, I suggest you sign a piece of text (perhaps the content of the last two posts) using the private key that pairs with the public key which was placed in the contract.xml file placed on GLBSE.

This will confirm to all shareholders the content of the last two posts came from the CEO of the company DISHWARA, as listed on GLBSE.

Rather than, for example, some person who has managed to acquire access to the account of the user dishwara on this forum.

wahbasah

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 03:44:42 PM

Rather than, for example, some person who has managed to acquire access to the account of the user dishwara on this forum.

I'm crossing my fingers for this one
demonofelru

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 04:20:02 PM

I'm not sure what you are trying to say dishwara, are you giving the hardware away for free if so it would be better to sell the hardware even at less then half and give that percentage back to share holders.  example being let's say it cost $10,000 for hardware you find someone to buy for $3,000 you sell and shareholders all get .3 BTC.  sure we don't get everything back but that was the risk of investing .3 BTC is better then nothing.

Names do not matter; however, if you insist...id...
agaguk

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 04:31:50 PM

So basically, you're telling us, your share holders, that all the money we invested was for nothing?  You were doing a great job at maintaining the company.  Your motherboard busted.  So what? You'll probably get a new one in less than 2 weeks if you contact MSI.  Some people have invested the equivalent of thousands of dollars in your company, and you come and tell those people, who helped you make this great company that you have, that all their money is gone now?  I understand that those are the risks of investing, but really, basically go bankrupt because of a broken motherboard?

I think it'd be great of you signed your message.
Tawsix

Activity: 210

I have always been afraid of banks.

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 04:44:52 PM

PM sent.

demonofelru

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 05:24:11 PM

Another thing you could do is just post it on selling board here, or do biddingpond.  I have no idea why you think just giving away the hardware is the best option for your shareholders.  It's quite doubtful giving it away to someone would be good they most likely would not continue to reward shareholders at all. As I said I'm glad I didn't invest a lot I believe your hearts in the right place and you're a good honest guy, you're just WAY too emotional IMO.

Names do not matter; however, if you insist...id...
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2011, 06:18:39 PM

I'm not sure what to make of this.

I've contacted dishwara, and until I'm able to find out just what the situation is and what can be done I'm going to lock this thread.

Otherwise people are going to be exploding all over everything.

I'd like to ask everyone to please be calm and patient, and I'll try to see if I can work things out.

Nefario.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Nefario

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2011, 08:09:53 PM

So to clarify, Dishwara is NOT going to be just giving the hardware away.

We're working on what options are available (including continueing as before if possible, but no guarantees).

I'll post updates here.

Nefario

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 08:30:11 AM

OK, so here is a link to a thread outlining the basic deal with DISHWARA.

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=8167.msg274429#msg274429

Essentially DISHWARA is being taken over by SIN, in practical terms it's a shareswap.

I need to think how this will work in practice.

This thread is now open to discussion.

Nefario.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: