Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:23:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [TWC] TwilightCoin-X11-Fair Mining-Fast block-ASIC-proof-LAUNCHED!  (Read 37808 times)
zjz_lgd

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

zjz_lgd

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:24:12 PM

another copy of Dark or something new?

ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution, Share to moon! SbuXjdoiErjmAoGd3s4jcyEWiRifuorVv3
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:26:12 PM

Basically  you gonna be holding 432000 Coins while a regular miner with 1mh/s will get around 4 coins a day thats not fair, i pass on this one...

That's not true, most of those coins will be used as bounties and payments to developers and promoters.
If you can promote Twilight Coin or do any development we will pay you for that too.

There is no coin which promoted itself, it's always people who do the job.
So if you think it's unfair - come on in, join us.

For example, we need a couple of block explorers to be created.
Please let us know if you can help.

Again, you are not getting the point.

Your reward strategy is anti-miner. Your bounty and development/promotion premine is too high. Miners get nothing while those guys get everything. See now? you need BALANCE.

twilightcoin (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:50:07 PM

Again, you are not getting the point.
Your reward strategy is anti-miner. Your bounty and development/promotion premine is too high. Miners get nothing while those guys get everything. See now? you need BALANCE.

MisO69,

Thank you for sharing your opinion.
Our primary focus is on two things - development and promotion.
A coin which has both would have a good value and there will be enough miners who would be happy with the profit they are getting.

On the other hand, if we follow the rule you proposed and take a commission of 0.2% from each block, it would take a year before we gather enough coins to pay for Android wallet or to publish an article.

No miner will wait for a year and the coin would be dead before it got any promotion. And we don't think that's the way TWC miners would want us to follow.
CoolGecko

Activity: 214

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:06:02 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 06:09:11 PM by CoolGecko

So why is this better than Hiro?

Twilight coin features more sophisticated block reward formula that makes it energy efficient and helps to maintain network difficulty at a moderate level not allowing dumpers to ruin the value of the coin. Twilight coin is different to HiroCoin, not "better" or "worse". :-)

X11 is good, as it saves about 30% of the energy. However, it seems to me that coins with a short mining period are the most energy efficient ones. If you look at Asia coin for example. Mining stops in 2 weeks so the energy used for mining would be a small fraction of what it would be for a coin that has a 5 year mining period. Even though Asia coin is a script coin, it would still be much more energy efficient than some X11 coins.

A 0.5% reduction of reward every 30 days is very small. You don't put any limit on the mining period, so it seems to me that your coin could be mined for years, however long it takes for the coins to run out. How long can the twilight coin be mined?

Bitcoin:   1DZRJpmpVctHoP5neqHE9gayBNS3oJNjuV
Quazarcoin: 1PBL7vfv3oEBgVuE5yt3ptHydTACwuD6G9YVNpGLBgSYKN5wZbf1MA3CxfEU6aYNnDbktwyKCfJ2DM3 QRBUoC4NJAapjZEw
Ubuntu 14.04, 64 bit
zhouhuiyan520

Activity: 182

Community

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:43:59 PM

what's the relationship between DARK COIN

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late.Sow3qFsWZYbXJBqoEJgibUjZTwYgNHoP3s
3ACoin -IPO-FREE-POS 10%-Web Games.
Click here-enjoy-Pirate-coin: Pd7k5uwwAJYfR64VyPeuBUa49riKyTWbah
qiwoman

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:54:20 PM

PLEASE Now enjoy Chinese ANN THREAD:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577901.new#new   Smiley Also 0.5% is hardly a huge premine. They need some coin to cover advertising costs..
twilightcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:20:26 PM

X11 is good, as it saves about 30% of the energy. However, it seems to me that coins with a short mining period are the most energy efficient ones. If you look at Asia coin for example. Mining stops in 2 weeks so the energy used for mining would be a small fraction of what it would be for a coin that has a 5 year mining period. Even though Asia coin is a script coin, it would still be much more energy efficient than some X11 coins.

Well, 100% premine would be even more energy efficient, wouldn't it?
A coin with continuous mining has two benefits:
- Continuous mining attracts new miners, therefore more people will be interested in promotion.
- Higher volumes required to maintain stable exchange rate when the coin becomes widely used.

A 0.5% reduction of reward every 30 days is very small. You don't put any limit on the mining period, so it seems to me that your coin could be mined for years, however long it takes for the coins to run out. How long can the twilight coin be mined?

The total mining life of the coin depends on few factors and it'll take years to mine the final block.
It's been designed as a long term project.
kondiomir
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:29:51 PM

Launch timer anywhere?
twilightcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:42:30 PM

Launch timer anywhere?

Please checkout our website: www.twilightcoin.com
feina24h

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:46:08 PM

in future coming TITANIC coin,Inception Coin,God Father coin

Fair Launch, No Premine and Active Devs = Logicoin
twilightcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:03:41 PM

in future coming TITANIC coin,Inception Coin,God Father coin

Are you suggesting we should pay royalties to Hollywood? Wink
twilightcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:52:31 PM

Can Darkcoin miners be used with Twilight Coin?
The launch is in 25 hours, we need to get ready Smiley

Yes, you can use DarkCoin miners! We've provided a download link for both CPU and GPU miners.
CoolGecko

Activity: 214

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:45:03 PM

Well, 100% premine would be even more energy efficient, wouldn't it?
A coin with continuous mining has two benefits:
- Continuous mining attracts new miners, therefore more people will be interested in promotion.
- Higher volumes required to maintain stable exchange rate when the coin becomes widely used.
Though there are a few POS only coins that are 100% premine, most aren't. In fact, the coin I mentioned above "Asia coin" has no premine. But your POW coin has some premine

Volume has nothing to do with the argument. Whether the coin is POW or POS, the developers can make the volume to be as high or low as they want by varying the total number of blocks and the reward per block.

The total mining life of the coin depends on few factors and it'll take years to mine the final block.
It's been designed as a long term project.

That argument is reasonable if you are speaking strictly about POW only coins. But POW/POS coins are long-term, regardless of the mining period, because POS takes over after POW stops.

I think that it's fair to say that using X11 makes your coin more energy efficient and your coin is probably more energy efficient than some of the other POW coins. But POW/POS coins beat your coin's energy efficiency by a long shot.

Bitcoin:   1DZRJpmpVctHoP5neqHE9gayBNS3oJNjuV
Quazarcoin: 1PBL7vfv3oEBgVuE5yt3ptHydTACwuD6G9YVNpGLBgSYKN5wZbf1MA3CxfEU6aYNnDbktwyKCfJ2DM3 QRBUoC4NJAapjZEw
Ubuntu 14.04, 64 bit
twilightcoin (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:16:07 AM

CPU and GPU miners are now available at our website: www.twilightcoin.com/mining.html

Enjoy your mining in less than 12 hours!
Kooness

Activity: 227

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:14:52 AM

Hoping to release on time.
Good luck!
tweminer

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:32:11 AM

block reward interesting but now its pow and pos season    Roll Eyes
qiwoman

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:52:16 AM

I am wishing the DEV TEAM AND MINERS a successful lanch for tomorrow. Here is my blog post for TWILIGHT COIN..enjoy..Smiley  http://bitbillions.net/2014/04/21/alt-currencies-introducing-twilight-coin/
lynsela

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:38:44 AM

nice im so interested.
idcweb

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 12:32:27 PM

Lack of promotion