Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:16:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbet.cc -- $340,000 stolen, the worst 45 days of my life. [Long]  (Read 41560 times)
luckyluigi

Activity: 239
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:12:21 AM

In the middle of all this drama, OP's internet connection is named Horse_Cock , LOL !
Testing123

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:23:19 AM

that really sucks - did you manage to get back some cash?

OP didn't get it back, and will very likely never get it back. Sad
There is no way to contact the scammers now, as the email no longer work.

goxcraft

Activity: 593
Merit: 271

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:51:17 AM

I do wish the more known bitcoin books converted your BTC to USD like coinbet did, then you can withdraw back to BTC  when you feel like you're getting a fair price.

Exactly my thoughts. This is why I have Jetwin in my BTC-SB's portfolio.
Jcw188

Activity: 546

Carpe Diem

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 01:18:10 PM

This is why I try to not keep more than 1 BTC on any given site. Even then it was bitbookk. They caved but at least they let you get your BTC back before they closed.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 05:36:37 PM

Left them negative feedback, it's sad that there are still uncivilized baboons in this world.  I'm not much into law, but hope you can somehow retreive your money from these assholes.

Good Luck.
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 09:13:10 PM

This is why I try to not keep more than 1 BTC on any given site. Even then it was bitbookk. They caved but at least they let you get your BTC back before they closed.

A good rule could be not to leave more than 5% on any given site, 10-15% if you have reasons to trust the website

Lovethecoins

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:04:26 AM

Has anyone received word from them lately? Or checked out coinbetnow on twitter?

BitcoinzRulez (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:17:33 PM

its been said a few times that that customer service guy was paul and that blogger from many pages back said he was paul regan from florida. 

i'm about 97% certain this is his facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/paul.regan.313

i sent him ONE message about coinbet and he changed his privacy settings almost immediately, but i have the original page up on my computer still with all his information.  he's from florida, formerly NY and if you google coinbet, paul regan you get to that profile.

https://www.google.com/search?q=facebook+paul+regan+coinbet&oq=facebook+paul+regan+coinbet&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l2.6826j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

i think he's the weakest link and we should all take a trip to florida and confront him.  see what he knows.
Jaybird

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 12:41:54 AM

Simon's blog is rediculous. He said that player's were owed $5,000,000 and that Coinbet's starting capital was $30,000. You should disregard everything that Simon posts.
BitcoinzRulez (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:14:07 AM

Simon's blog is rediculous. He said that player's were owed $5,000,000 and that Coinbet's starting capital was $30,000. You should disregard everything that Simon posts.

possibly.  but in this particular instance he posted screen shots of his email conversation with paul regan.
FormerCB

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:22:50 AM

possibly.  but in this particular instance he posted screen shots of his email conversation with paul regan.

That seems like typical coinbet though: Hire unsuspecting employees who need money and use their real names and have them tow the line without knowing about the scam or the end game, or steal peoples identities themselves and run with them.

I still think vince and john are your best leads, though some of the info you sent me privately kinda looks good as well. Hard to say what is what at this point though.
Jaybird

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 01:31:04 AM

Simon says a stiff wind is a tornado or a tornado is a stiff wind depending on his point.
Lovethecoins

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:44:23 AM

Let's keep the pressure going if they are reading this they should be shitting there pants we are closing in... let's see what paul has to say!!

boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 02:45:38 PM

its been said a few times that that customer service guy was paul and that blogger from many pages back said he was paul regan from florida. 

i sent him ONE message about coinbet and he changed his privacy settings almost immediately, but i have the original page up on my computer still with all his information.  he's from florida, formerly NY and if you google coinbet, paul regan you get to that profile.

https://www.google.com/search?q=facebook+paul+regan+coinbet&oq=facebook+paul+regan+coinbet&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l2.6826j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

i think he's the weakest link and we should all take a trip to florida and confront him.  see what he knows.

So you are getting closer to the owners, it seems it was a case of bad management, can someone confirm?

Jcw188

Carpe Diem

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:57:27 PM

THey always struck me as an operation located in the US.  If you can gather enough proof you could certainly sue them, I believe, in any US state or in federal court.  It wouldn't be easy but for $340k, you definitely could get something back.  The biggest obstacle is proof of who the owners of the site were.  If Coinbet was not incorporated anywhere, then you could go after the owners individually.  Usually you can search the state business records to see if an entity is incorporated.  Has anyone tried Florida?

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Jcw188

Carpe Diem

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:02:32 PM

So you are getting closer to the owners, it seems it was a case of bad management, can someone confirm?

This guy Paul is such a genius, I sent an e-mail to customer support asking about rollover, and the support must have asked Paul, then Paul accidentally replied to me (meaning to talk to support) and called me some unsavory names!  Then they lied to me, apparently, about getting rid of Paul just to shut me up.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Lovethecoins

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 07:56:15 PM

Very little information being giving out here if your looking for answers I think he's right paul is the weak link

boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 09:52:47 PM

Very little information being giving out here if your looking for answers I think he's right paul is the weak link

Ok ty

This guy Paul is such a genius, I sent an e-mail to customer support asking about rollover, and the support must have asked Paul, then Paul accidentally replied to me (meaning to talk to support) and called me some unsavory names!  Then they lied to me, apparently, about getting rid of Paul just to shut me up.

I feel everyone has a small piece of info but it is very hard to understand what happened and who are the responsables

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 10:18:32 PM

File a lawsuit against the company with all the proof and details you have and get ones that act on a no win no fee they owe you the money clearly detaild in emails and I sure as hell would be making claims for that money and ammount

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Lovethecoins

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:43:29 AM

I have at least a hundred from them... we need to come together and get our money back people if we don't stop them here it will happen over and over again

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: