Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:20:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sleepless? Tired? No time for family?  (Read 19905 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 03:39:15 AM

i'm using Chrome

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jessi (OP)

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 03:48:38 AM

Just another FYI: no data appearing on Alarm Tool again for me.

Will let you know when it comes back up.
Hmm, it´s a bit curious, because this time I had always displayed my data.
If you have the next time a blackout, please try this url directly to see, if the data is delivered to my server, or if it is only not delivered from my server to your browser:
www.bitcoin-tools.de/ticker.php

www.Bitcoin-Tools.de - Price Alert & Calculator [OUTDATED!]
A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 03:49:24 AM

Bug? 

last price 6.5802 with high set at 6.56 but no green or sound alert?
Ups?! Could be an error...
I have to check this out.

A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 03:50:37 AM

i'm using Chrome
Normally the Tool should work in all browsers same way, because it´s depending on the used Flash-Plugin-Version.

StewartJ

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 03:51:31 AM

Just another FYI: no data appearing on Alarm Tool again for me.

Will let you know when it comes back up.
Hmm, it´s a bit curious, because this time I had always displayed my data.
If you have the next time a blackout, please try this url directly to see, if the data is delivered to my server, or if it is only not delivered from my server to your browser:
www.bitcoin-tools.de/ticker.php

I restarted Firefox, and it came back. I do quite a lot with my browser, so it could be a bottleneck on my end.

Thanks for the server link, next time it happens I will test it.
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 03:55:36 AM

I restarted Firefox, and it came back. I do quite a lot with my browser, so it could be a bottleneck on my end.
Yes, that could be. Hmm... I may should bring an error-message on top, if data can not be received...
Also again I am thinking about receiving data from two different servers I got in two different data centers.
This would make the tool more independent if something in the routing is not working well.
I´ll keep this idea in mind after implementing that sound-thing.

Thank you for your patience.

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 03:56:35 AM

Yes, that could be. Hmm... I may should bring an error-message on top, if data can not be received...
Also again I am thinking about receiving data from two different servers I got in two different data centers.
This would make the tool more independent if something in the routing is not working well.
I´ll keep this idea in mind after implementing that sound-thing.

Thank you for your patience.

thank you for a cool tool.
Andrew Bitcoiner

Activity: 396

Send correspondance to GPG key A372E7C6

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 04:11:31 AM

brilliant! Grin Grin Grin

MAKE MONEY! ADVERTISE FOR BITCOINS http://www.bitcoinadvertising.com
Bitcoin News Site http://coinbits.com
Bitcoin Blackjack http://bitjack21.com
Bitcoin, Darknet, IT consulting http://cryptophene.com
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 04:21:47 AM

Anyway, I made some little updates:
- Favicon is included now
- The "Bitcoin Alarm clock" is a bit more transparent (about 10%) to keep all more readable
- The first step of other alarms is included what means an optical alarm for each column

What still is missing:
- sound-chooser for different sound (and for turn of sound, keeping only optical alarm)
- email-alarm (if kept running this tool)
- email-alarm (even if tool is closed, but this maybe later)
- twitter-alarm (maybe later, if someone wants it)
- ticker for more data (which data?)
- maybe more alarms (on what?)

i think a nice setup would be "dynamically adding alarms"

3 inputs

[value]  [condition]    [method]  
 [7.5$]   [<= 1 BTC]  [sound alarm]

something like that, just thinking out loud  Wink

StewartJ

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 04:26:54 AM

Going to sleep now, with the Alarm Tool at the ready!

Thanks Jessi for a great job on this.  I am sure others will donate to you as well... Wink

Best,'SJ
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 04:54:48 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2012, 04:38:00 AM by theymos

i love this little thing, so cool.
it seems to have stopped updating?

freshzive

Activity: 447

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 05:11:04 AM

Just tested this out, seems pretty rad. Thanks for the hard work Cheesy

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 05:18:31 AM

i think a nice setup would be "dynamically adding alarms"

3 inputs

[value]  [condition]    [method]  
 [7.5$]   [<= 1 BTC]  [sound alarm]

something like that, just thinking out loud  Wink
Hmm, sorry I am a bit tired now (in Germany it is 6:16 at the morning) and it´s hard to follow for me. Smiley

If I understand you correctly, this does mean, you could place more than those alarms.
Like a "table" where you add a row with an alarm and a condition for it?
Very different to the behavior now, but a nice Idea which I would like to keep in mind and maybe realize in a "reloaded" Version. Smiley

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 05:20:48 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2012, 04:39:35 AM by theymos

i love this little thing, so cool.
it seems to have stopped updating?
Yes, I found a little strange behavior depending on caching. It seem for me, if Mt.Gox does not deliver much data, it is beginning to slow down and sometimes it behaves like old men and "forgets" to receive new data. Cheesy *joking*
I made a new version which seem to pull more accurate data. I bring it online with next update. ;-)

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 05:21:31 AM

Just tested this out, seems pretty rad. Thanks for the hard work Cheesy
You´re welcome.  Nice to see, that some guys like this tool. Smiley

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 06:46:14 AM

Ok. I now made some updates again:

- First I found two little bugs:
  - The strange behavior with showing no alert even if it should is fixed
  - also the "caching"-behavior should be better. Now it should work more accurate like before
- Also updated: Sound on/off-Button
  You should know, that first the sound is turned off, because of the hint regarding those people who are using this at work. ;-)
  You can turn on the sound every time by a single click or you can turn it off again.

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 06:49:25 AM

So what´s left:

What still is missing:
- sound-chooser for different sound (and for turn of sound, keeping only optical alarm)
- email-alarm (if kept running this tool)
- email-alarm (even if tool is closed, but this maybe later)
- twitter-alarm (maybe later, if someone wants it)
- ticker for more data (which data?)
- maybe more alarms (on what?)
- adding as many alarms with individual behaviors line, by line and maybe with reactions (this for V2).
- if there are still caching-problems, then catching data from different servers.

StewartJ

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 02:57:28 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2012, 03:22:52 PM by StewartJ

Jessi:

I really like this alarm and your programming skills are to be commended.

The sound of the Bear and Bulls for low/high alarms are great. The Red and Green Flashing and addition of mute button make it much more practical. I notice also that the Mini-window is much more readable, with the alarm clock graphic nicely faded in the background.

I hope that any other changes you do in the future do not impact the basic functionality for which I think this tool was intended: to simply give us an alarm when highs and lows are crossed.   I think email alarms or specific price alarm improvements might belong to another tool altogether, unless you really think it could be handled just as efficiently with this one?

At this point for me, the only minor improvement that I could see would be to have the default refresh show 10 seconds, instead of 1, with 10 being the optimal one which you had before.  Perhaps caching data from other servers, if that's possible, would be a good addition because of the importance of having the most Bitcoin Price updated data. Aside from that, I like the Bitcoin Alarm just the way it is.

Early in the morning now, I go back under the covers wondering if I will hear the sweet sound of a Bull or the scary sound of a man-eating Grizzly.

Another donation is on it's way.  And hoping that others will contribute to you for this invaluable BTC trading tool.

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2012, 03:19:20 PM

Jessi:

The sound of the Bear and Bulls for low/high alarms are great. The Red and Green Flashing and addition of mute button make it much more practical. I notice also that the Mini-window is much more readable, with the alarm clock graphic nicely faded in the background.

I hope that any other changes you do in the future do not impact the basic functionality for which I think this tool was intended: to simply give us an alarm when highs and lows are crossed.   I think email alarms or specific price alarm improvements might belong to another tool altogether, unless you really think it could be handled just as efficiently with this one?
Thank you very much! Smiley
Also I can promise you, that if further updates are coming (depending on what other people here want), I can hold every time a "basic" version online for those who wants to keep it as simple as possible. ;-)
The basic intention on my side was the same than yours: a very simple and very quick to use alarm clock. Other features (like a complex alarm with "if-then-else"-Features and maybe reactions like a bot, maybe placed in an other tool (V2, "reloaded", whatever).

At this point for me, the only minor improvement that I could see would be to have the default refresh show 10 seconds, instead of 1, with 10 being the optimal one which you had before.  Aside from that, I like the Bitcoin Alarm just the way it is.
Yes, you are right, I left this over from testings regarding your data-stream-loss... I will change the default value back again in next version.

Early in the morning now, I go back under the covers wondering if I will hear the sweet sound of a Bull or the scary sound of a man-eating Grizzly.
Yeah, I guess much better than beeing sleepless and thinking to miss anything what has happened on Mt.Gox...

Another donation is on it's way.  And hoping that others will contribute to you for this invaluable BTC trading tool.
Thank you very much. Smiley

[/quote]

StewartJ

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 03:27:08 PM

Jessi:

Thank you very much! Smiley
Also I can promise you, that if further updates are coming (depending on what other people here want), I can hold every time a "basic" version online for those who wants to keep it as simple as possible. ;-)
The basic intention on my side was the same than yours: a very simple and very quick to use alarm clock. Other features (like a complex alarm with "if-then-else"-Features and maybe reactions like a bot, maybe placed in an other tool (V2, "reloaded", whatever).

At this point for me, the only minor improvement that I could see would be to have the default refresh show 10 seconds, instead of 1, with 10 being the optimal one which you had before.  Aside from that, I like the Bitcoin Alarm just the way it is.
Yes, you are right, I left this over from testings regarding your data-stream-loss... I will change the default value back again in next version.

Yeah, I guess much better than beeing sleepless and thinking to miss anything what has happened on Mt.Gox...

Thank you very much. Smiley

A basic version would be brilliant!  The way it works now would be perfect for the "Basic" version.

We are already talking about your alarm tool in the other threads, like the "Rally" thread.  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: