Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:33:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sleepless? Tired? No time for family?  (Read 19905 times)
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 03:06:21 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2012, 03:18:52 AM by StewartJ

Stews right on this one.  i would never set it for longer than 10 and it doesn't help to set it lower than 10, so why have it?

you could stick some other control feature in that space like a turn off flash button.  it would be nice to turn off flash and sound while retaining the input alert price.
Ok, you mean a on/off-Button for the Flash-Aler, too? Sounds like someone is going to be blinded. Cheesy
Ok, I´ll place it in next Version...

Jessi, for your future update, if you placed those 2 controls -- the mute and flash on/off -- side-by-side in the middle of the Mini Window, that would be awesome. I like it if your mini-window interface is as readable as possible with little clutter, cause I like to make it small.   Grin

I think another donation may be on its way...  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StewartJ

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 03:12:04 AM

Little Update:
- the field where you can enter the value for the request has gone
- instead there is a little countdown to have an indicator that the tool still is active
- also there is shown a green square shown during the loading progress which normally fast disappering
  if it is not appearing, there should be a problem with your internet-connection (maybe slow, or routing problem)
  This is maybe helpful to see if there are loading problems.
  You can test it, by loading the tool and turning off the internet after loading it:
  The green Button should disappear after turning the internet on again.

Yes, that's a great addition. Very helpful!
Jessi (OP)

Activity: 333

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2012, 03:47:22 AM

Jessi, for your future update, if you placed those 2 controls -- the mute and flash on/off -- side-by-side in the middle of the Mini Window, that would be awesome. I like it if your mini-window interface is as readable as possible with little clutter, cause I like to make it small.   Grin
Done! Smiley

Wow! Thank you!!!

www.Bitcoin-Tools.de - Price Alert & Calculator [OUTDATED!]
A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2012, 03:49:02 AM

Little Update:
- instead there is a little countdown to have an indicator that the tool still is active
- also there is shown a green square shown during the loading progress which normally fast disappering
  if it is not appearing, there should be a problem with your internet-connection (maybe slow, or routing problem)
  You can test it, by loading the tool and turning off the internet after loading it:

In this way we could easy see, why the Tool is "hanging".
For example; if Mt. Gock-Ticker and/or Ticker on my Server is changing, and green light appearing long time on, it could be that you have a bad connection...

A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
tarrant_01

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 04:07:29 AM

I liked it on stumble Smiley

1P95gCUCw3Tjb7yyoYtW3ARZZQyTpFgk6H
StewartJ

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 04:10:59 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2012, 04:54:33 AM by StewartJ

Jessi, for your future update, if you placed those 2 controls -- the mute and flash on/off -- side-by-side in the middle of the Mini Window, that would be awesome. I like it if your mini-window interface is as readable as possible with little clutter, cause I like to make it small.   Grin
Done! Smiley

Wow! Thank you!!!

The Alert Tool is a premium must-have for BTC trading.  

I encourage all my trader friends to donate heartily to Jessi.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 05:28:45 AM

Little Update:

For example; if Mt. Gock-Ticker and/or Ticker on my Server is changing, and green light appearing long time on, it could be that you have a bad connection...

usually green indicates everything is ready to go and working whereas red means everything has stopped and not working.  so what does the temporary green light mean over the countdown?
StewartJ

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 06:00:06 AM

Little Update:

usually green indicates everything is ready to go and working whereas red means everything has stopped and not working.  so what does the temporary green light mean over the countdown?

It gives feedback on the 10 second refresh, every green block indicates end of the refresh interval.

I think Jessi is saying that if the green block disappears or hangs, its an indication that the Data has paused, or is not refreshing correctly. Its a good indicator to see if the alert tool is working correctly or not.
StewartJ

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 06:10:56 AM

IMHO, giving it one more night of testing, I would consider the Bitcoin Alert Tool out of Beta phase at this stage.

Jessi, I think either renaming the title of your thread or starting a new thread with "Announcing the Bitcoin Alert Tool!" would be appropriate.

Just in case some folks in the Speculation Forum missed it.
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2012, 07:39:14 PM

I liked it on stumble Smiley
Thank you! Smiley

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2012, 07:39:37 PM

The Alert Tool is a premium must-have for BTC trading.  

I encourage all my trader friends to donate heartily to Jessi.
Thank you again! Smiley

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2012, 07:41:26 PM

yeah...getting around to it...I WILL!

I want to set my own links for the audio

"we're in the money"

"stormy weather"
Yes, this is one of the thought upcoming features: more sounds and selectable.
I am still thinking about keeping the solution simple, but  allow to choose different sounds for each of the six posiible states...

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2012, 07:46:05 PM

Like Stewart told, it is indicating the refresh state.

Exactly it is working this way:
if the download starts, the green "LED" is appearing. If it is finished and going to update the Numbers witch loaded values (or even if they remain) the green LED is disappearing. That does mean: if you are disconnected from internet the LED will appear also, BUT if won´t be disappear until you are not connected again and the data has been downloaded. That means if there are any connection-problems it is appearing longer than before or it does not disappear. It´s more a diagnosis on client errors than on server errors. It does not allow a diagnosis on not refreshing the Mt.Gox Ticker itself. But this you can do on your own if you have problems by refering the given links above. If they won´t refresh there is a problem on Mt.Gox itself.

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2012, 07:48:02 PM

IMHO, giving it one more night of testing, I would consider the Bitcoin Alert Tool out of Beta phase at this stage.

Jessi, I think either renaming the title of your thread or starting a new thread with "Announcing the Bitcoin Alert Tool!" would be appropriate.

Hmm, unsure about that. I would like to implement a bit more features and see what will happen, if the ralley beginning again and more users are online to use it. At the Moment only a few users are using it. That is bad and good together, because it allows me to do little more improvements and test it without being in stress. ;-)

StewartJ

View Profile
January 13, 2012, 09:32:26 PM

Hmm, unsure about that. I would like to implement a bit more features and see what will happen, if the ralley beginning again and more users are online to use it. At the Moment only a few users are using it. That is bad and good together, because it allows me to do little more improvements and test it without being in stress. ;-)

Yes, you're right, the action is slim now, because of no rally.Save that announcement for when the action heats up

The alert tool has been working flawlessly today, I had it running in tandem with clarkmoody tool
and the trade btc prices synchronized very well.
old_engineer

Activity: 387

View Profile
January 14, 2012, 12:14:09 AM

I'm using it - thanks!  I'm finding that I check the charts less often now, and sent you a 2 btc donation.  Oh, and I use noscript and block google-analytics.com, so I (and others like me) won't show up on your user counter.

StewartJ

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 03:55:52 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2012, 04:21:39 AM by StewartJ

HI Jessi.

Report on my the Alert Tool usage: the data performance has been flawless, and got the happy bull sounds and green flashings on this last rally.  A big Moooohhh to you!

Here are 2 minor things I've encountered using the mini-window version:

First, noticed that when I enter a price in the entry field, sometimes before I finish entering the price, the alarm goes off. For instance, lets say the current price is $6.50 and I want to enter in the "High" entry field the number $6.95, if I type in the number 6, somtimes it triggers the alarm before I can finish typing in the rest of the price. Is there anyway to give a few seconds focus for data entry, so the alarm does not inadvertently trigger? Or do I just have  to type faster?  :-)

Second, and this is purely my personal take on the look-and-feel with the Mini-Window. Noticed you are using this Arial Black style font for the price data, which is nice for readability. In the Mini Window, when it is initially launched, the font is quite readable. But if the window is resized smaller, than the price readouts do get harder to read. I find myself adjusting the window size continuously over my other data/charts screens, and trying to find the right window size for number readability is a challenge. Would there be anyway to make the price data fonts maybe 2 points bigger in size without enlarging the window size?  That would help tremendously with continued readability as the mini-window is scaled down in size, which I find to be an extremely useful aspect of the alarm tool.

Many thanks for your work and effort on this. It has become indispensable for my BTC trading.

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2012, 05:51:01 AM

Report on my the Alert Tool usage: the data performance has been flawless, and got the happy bull sounds and green flashings on this last rally.  A big Moooohhh to you!
Grin

First, noticed that when I enter a price in the entry field, sometimes before I finish entering the price, the alarm goes off. For instance, lets say the current price is $6.50 and I want to enter in the "High" entry field the number $6.95, if I type in the number 6, somtimes it triggers the alarm before I can finish typing in the rest of the price. Is there anyway to give a few seconds focus for data entry, so the alarm does not inadvertently trigger? Or do I just have  to type faster?  :-)
Yes, I know what you mean. I recognized this, too and it´s because of the programm-design itself.  As not everyone will enter directly after starting the programm some numbers, a simple "wait" would not work here. Only a delay during typing. But what would happen, if the data is changing during typing? You would not be informed, even if you have made a correct entry. Or if it would start the alarm-check after leaving the field, what would happen, if you forget to leave and the cursor remain still inside?  Wink
It´s hard to catch if you don´t want to loose the fast reaction... I have to think about it.

Second, and this is purely my personal take on the look-and-feel with the Mini-Window. Noticed you are using this Arial Black style font for the price data, which is nice for readability. In the Mini Window, when it is initially launched, the font is quite readable. But if the window is resized smaller, than the price readouts do get harder to read. I find myself adjusting the window size continuously over my other data/charts screens, and trying to find the right window size for number readability is a challenge. Would there be anyway to make the price data fonts maybe 2 points bigger in size without enlarging the window size?  That would help tremendously with continued readability as the mini-window is scaled down in size, which I find to be an extremely useful aspect of the alarm tool.
Yes, you are right here, again. I have been thinking about this sometimes, too. Therefore I made a little update which has 2pt bigger Numbers and some other little changes.

Many thanks for your work and effort on this. It has become indispensable for my BTC trading.
You are welcome!  Grin

StewartJ

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 06:17:50 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2012, 06:30:23 AM by StewartJ

Grin

Yes, I know what you mean. I recognized this, too and it´s because of the programm-design itself.  As not everyone will enter directly after starting the programm some numbers, a simple "wait" would not work here. Only a delay during typing. But what would happen, if the data is changing during typing? You would not be informed, even if you have made a correct entry. Or if it would start the alarm-check after leaving the field, what would happen, if you forget to leave and the cursor remain still inside?  Wink
It´s hard to catch if you don´t want to loose the fast reaction... I have to think about it.

Yes, you are right here, again. I have been thinking about this sometimes, too. Therefore I made a little update which has 2pt bigger Numbers and some other little changes.

You are welcome!  Grin

Hey Jessi,

The alarm "trigger" issue is not that bad actually. Just a bit touchy at times when typing or inserting in the entry fields.  

Saw the update on the mini-window font, your fast!  Bumping up that font size made a huge difference. As a test, I got the mini-window size down to a tiny 2 1/2" x 2"rectangle and the price numbers are still very readable. (I forgot to mention that I always remove the browsing address bar in the mini window, using Firefox command, to make better use of the mini-window real estate.)

Also, the wider space between the alarm mute and flasher on/off is a nice touch.

Thanks again!
Stew
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 15, 2012, 04:27:01 PM

(I forgot to mention that I always remove the browsing address bar in the mini window, using Firefox command, to make better use of the mini-window real estate.)

how do u do this?

btw, what a great little tool this has developed into!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: