Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:33:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sleepless? Tired? No time for family?  (Read 19905 times)
Jessi (OP)

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 07:24:57 AM

Ok. Here comes another update. Don´t know, if it´s clean like the "old" version without calculator. - Maybe I have to drop functions if it´s too much?!

Anyway I decided to give it a try. The Idea behind three calculators is the same like behind three alarms: more flexibility.
If only a calculator for "last" is needed, then I am going to drop the other two.

Now it´s calculating "live" and in both directions.

www.Bitcoin-Tools.de - Price Alert & Calculator [OUTDATED!]
A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StewartJ

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 08:44:13 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2012, 08:55:06 AM by StewartJ

Ok. Here comes another update. Don´t know, if it´s clean like the "old" version without calculator. - Maybe I have to drop functions if it´s too much?!

Anyway I decided to give it a try. The Idea behind three calculators is the same like behind three alarms: more flexibility.
If only a calculator for "last" is needed, then I am going to drop the other two.

Now it´s calculating "live" and in both directions.

Hey Jessi, I like that update much better thanks!  Calculating in both directions, very cool.

Maybe there are some advantages to having those 3 calcs after all.

Just 2 minor things I see:

- Could you center the High/Low alarm prices like they were before? They are right justified now, and look way better when centered.

- I know you're tight on space, but could you bump up the calculator-based fonts up 2 points in size? That would make
the calculator numbers much easier to read in the mini window.

Great job man. This thing has really improved leaps and bounds.

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2012, 02:27:27 PM

Hey Jessi, I like that update much better thanks!  Calculating in both directions, very cool.
Thank you! Smiley

- Could you center the High/Low alarm prices like they were before? They are right justified now, and look way better when centered.

- I know you're tight on space, but could you bump up the calculator-based fonts up 2 points in size? That would make

Done all! Smiley

A little tool to keep you informed or wake you up, if Mt.Gox reaches a defined price level and a calculator to convert  BTC or USD based on live Prices. It´s not working any more, because of Mt.Gox... but it was fun to code that time... keeping this link just for reminding... Thanks to everyone for donations done that time!
BTC: 1BQTankpeCZict849JRHxxYFnwZARV3YX7 | LTC: LecEsSJMYZK7wk493QvyNzA4BxHpXviAEA | PPC: PQdjfxTbjnXThwJ5bbEgJkc9GZcKpib9DM
StewartJ

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:07:52 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2012, 05:31:38 PM by StewartJ

Hey Jessi, I like that update much better thanks!  Calculating in both directions, very cool.
Thank you! Smiley

Done all! Smiley

Well Done Jessi. All the numbers are very readable!

I am testing the calculators, verifying that they update correctly with the changing buys/last/sell prices.

I noticed in recent changes the Buy, Last and Sell ticker prices in the first row,were not enclosed in rectangles. That looked
great because it stood out from the rest of entry fields, and was less cluttered in both the standard and mini broswer versions.
 I think that would help clean up the look one last time.

Again, many thanks for making it a calculator too!  

Sent you another donation.   Smiley
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 06:52:52 PM

the calculator doesn't seem to update with changing price.  nice job overall.
StewartJ

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 07:09:57 PM

Been noticing that too, calcs are not updating with current prices. Have to manually reenter them for now.
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 03:01:53 AM

Sorry for the long delay, but during this day/evening I wasn´t able to concentrate much, because of the rally I lost most of my Bitcoins. What a bad month... Sad
The only good thing is, that I am now not sleepless any more, because I do not have to care about my Bitcoins.  Smiley

Anyway here comes a new update.

I am testing the calculators, verifying that they update correctly with the changing buys/last/sell prices.

I noticed in recent changes the Buy, Last and Sell ticker prices in the first row,were not enclosed in rectangles. That looked
great because it stood out from the rest of entry fields, and was less cluttered in both the standard and mini broswer versions.
Yes, you are right, I did change it. I was thinking that you maybe prefer the white one and therefore I gave it a try. But to be honest I prefered the transparent one, too. ;-)

Yes, you are welcome and thank you very much!! Smiley

Been noticing that too, calcs are not updating with current prices. Have to manually reenter them for now.
Yes, you where right. I was just working on a bug in this feature, when the rally began to start.

Now this should also work well. If you put in a number, then it will be changing "live" if the number in the head will change. This is depending in which box you made your entry. Therefore it will remain green, if you have made an input to show that this is the given number. The other field will remain white and will change then dynamically.

StewartJ

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 03:19:02 AM

Sorry for the long delay, but during this day/evening I wasn´t able to concentrate much, because of the rally I lost most of my Bitcoins. What a bad month... Sad
The only good thing is, that I am now not sleepless any more, because I do not have to care about my Bitcoins.  Smiley

Anyway here comes a new update.

Yes, you are right, I did change it. I was thinking that you maybe prefer the white one and therefore I gave it a try. But to be honest I prefered the transparent one, too. ;-)

Yes, you are welcome and thank you very much!! Smiley

Yes, you where right. I was just working on a bug in this feature, when the rally began to start.

Now this should also work well. If you put in a number, then it will be changing "live" if the number in the head will change. This is depending in which box you made your entry. Therefore it will remain green, if you have made an input to show that this is the given number. The other field will remain white and will change then dynamically.

Don't feel too bad Jessi about your Bitcoins, most of us lost BTC on this crazy spikefest.

It will come back to you because of the time/effort you have put in this sweet trading tool

Your alarm tool saved me from losing a lot more money, cause when I saw the Red Flasher go off at the coffee shop,
it was a major sell alert !!! 

Hope all is well with the Euro...

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 03:31:53 AM

Don't feel too bad Jessi about your Bitcoins, most of us lost BTC on this crazy spikefest.
Yes. you are right, I am just a bit tired because it´s not only this day. ;-)
Anyway I am also a bit angry about bitcoinica ("bitpanica") from now, because some days ago they told that they would do about 75% of tradings. If so, they are responsible for 75% of this large spikes and letting the newbies like me uninformed about the trading-basics it is hard not to do something wrong.

It will come back to you because of the time/effort you have put in this sweet trading tool
I don´t know... I worked very hard on my amount. I worked 9 month as a miner and when it wan´t much rentable I switched and bought BTC directly even when I was low on money. Some weeks ago I lost a big part and today the biggest part ever. That was like loosing a half year. Altogether about 400 BTC (now finally about 60-70% what I had) where gone... bad luck and to risky decisions for a newbie. Finally my fault.

Your alarm tool saved me from losing a lot more money, cause when I saw the Red Flasher go off at the coffee shop,
it was a major sell alert !!! 
That´s a good news! I am happy to hear, that someone was rescued by this tool. That shows me, that the idea behind basically is working.
Anyway I did see, that after the crash begun the tool not delivered new data. But it wasn´t the tool itself, it was the ticker of Mt.Gox which wasn´t refreshing any more.

Hope all is well with the Euro...
I don´t know. I do not have any Euro either!  Grin

StewartJ

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:11:27 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2012, 04:30:37 AM by StewartJ

Jessi,

Wanted to show you the Alert/Calc tool in action on my BTC trading rig:

Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 04:31:42 AM

Jessi,

Really intresting... what is the yellow window? And wherefore do you need a calculator?

StewartJ

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:35:19 AM

The yellow window is Stickies notepad program, to quickly store trading info from MT Gox.

The other calculator, Windows version, is to figure out fees, profits/losses.

Your Calculator tool provides real-time pricing on my BTC traded.
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 04:42:31 AM

The yellow window is Stickies notepad program, to quickly store trading info from MT Gox.

Your Alert / Calculator tool provides real-time pricing on my BTC traded.
Ah. Ok. Do you have Excel?

StewartJ

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:44:57 AM

Your Alert / Calculator tool provides real-time pricing on my BTC traded.
Ah. Ok. Do you have Excel?

Yes, but it's too cumbersome for me to figure out for now.

I might get around to doing a spreadsheet so I can calculate numbers and record my trades in an easier way.

If you ever created a MT Gox add-on tool to help me trade more efficiently, I would pay BTCs for that.
Jessi (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 04:48:55 AM

Which Version of Excel do you use?

StewartJ

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 04:50:37 AM

Which Version of Excel do you use?

Excel from MS Office Pro 2003
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 05:06:35 AM

just wanted to thank the OP for making this.  it saved my ass this morning.  instead of being -$150 im only -$20 Cheesy

on another note, i was wondering if it would be possible to make something similar to this that would let you submit orders on mtgox.  if there was a way to set it up so only sertain orders get placed when a certain price is reached that would be excellent!  would this be possible?
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 05:08:47 AM

Jessi,

what are those  pull down bars at the top of the firefox status bar?  "MTGOX BTC.."
StewartJ

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 05:09:15 AM

just wanted to thank the OP for making this.  it saved my ass this morning.  instead of being -$150 im only -$20 Cheesy

on another note, i was wondering if it would be possible to make something similar to this that would let you submit orders on mtgox.  if there was a way to set it up so only sertain orders get placed when a certain price is reached that would be excellent!  would this be possible?

You mean like a Stop Loss Order? 
StewartJ

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 05:16:26 AM

Jessi,

what are those  pull down bars at the top of the firefox status bar?  "MTGOX BTC.."

More of the "Stickies" notes.  They are rolled up into into title bar mode, double-click on them and they
roll out into the Notes again.  I find them handy for storing BTC trade data and notes:
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies/index.html

The Stickies have API capabilities for integrating stuff, I should learn to do something with that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: