Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:13:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What are your thoughts on changing Mjollnircoin fundementals ?
I want to see MNR go full PoS - 7 (18.4%)
I want to see MNR go hybrid PoS/PoW - 15 (39.5%)
Please do not change anything, keep it PoW - 13 (34.2%)
I have no idea - 3 (7.9%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mjollnircoin - MNR - Ultra-secure, Fast Transactions & ASIC resistant  (Read 80137 times)
cayars

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:46:00 PM

another HVC coin?
another HVC scam cpu-only )))

Next time read the op message and the "whole" 1 page thread before making a comment that is wrong.

They have Bounties listed for GPU miners.  This coin is based on HeavyCoin which has two good miners for both amd and nvidia so this coin will have GPU miners within days if not by launch time.

Source code is readily available so there is no question this is going to be a CPU and GPU coin.

This coin also fixes the one thing wrong with HeavyCoin (voting) and keeps all the parts that worked well.  Also very, very small premine.

What is SCAM about it?
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mjollnircoin (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 10:45:16 PM

Yes, this is a clone of HVC - but not a fork (Mjollnircoin was forked from Vertcoin)

We believe that decentralized block voting does not change anything - It is simply a means of imposing illegitimate control over the currency - by miners (who are not even the majority of the users)
The ability to vote does not positively change anything; This so called democracy is bogus and undemocratic as over half of the voters do not understand the implications of their vote. Instead, only direct action and other alternatives (by the developers) are more likely to result in a better coin.

Also, we have given some thought about your statements on the pre-mine and come to the conclusion that we can easily do without - it merely seemed a good way to reserve funds but once the mining phase has started, but it won't be before long that we'd accumulate the same sum of coins - Therefore, the pre-mine, including any bounty, will be removed entirely for a comeback at a later time

As for the IPO and your counter solution, we do not believe that imposing a 1% fee via a pool will be sufficient to make Mjollnir a sustainable project - And besides, there already is an Investor, canceling it now would be simply too late. Also, as for the other arguments; We do not intend this to be a hobby or classroom project; Relying on the community to complete tasks with no incentives other then "believing in the coin" will not bring many fruits (in innovative terms). On the contrary, submitted works usually suffer from amateurism compared to work on a professional level. Besides, wouldn't a true believer be fully committed to Bitcoin - the one and only, instead of an Alt coin - assuming they have a different motive other than pure profit and pump/dump schemes.  

Still, I appreciated your feed-back and thank you for that,

No argument from me on voting.  Just check the HVY forum and you'll see I'm dead against it.

That's great news to hear on the premine.

I understand what you are saying with the IPO and already having an investor involved.  Here is what I'd suggest if you want to keep it.
Eliminate bounties for the 3 pools. They will not need bounties as they will be charging a mining fee and transaction fees, so they already have motivation and don't need bounties.  Use the bounties previously assigned to the pools for something else in the PR/Marketing end of things since you don't have anything there.

HeavyCoin had a big IPO (much larger then what you are doing).  While it may not be fact there is a perception the devs have went into hiding and aren't supporting the coin.  With that said, some of the most likely candidates you will get to mine this coin will come from that community and they sort of feel burnt by the devs for lack of communication.  What I might suggest (and only that) is maybe re-work the escrow of the IPO so funds aren't released to you at launch but X amount at 30 days, 45 days and 60 days assuming you are taking part in the community and making an effort.  Of course bounties could be released directly from escrow.

I don't know if those things are doable at this point or not but these changes would go A LONG WAY I'm sure with the Heavy Coin community right now and build up some additional credibility that is lacking from the devs there.

One other suggestion.  Get all the files uploaded a day or two ahead of time and password protect the files.  Allow people to download them and have them ready.  Then during launch post the password here.  This will help with a smoother launch.

Carlo

PS what did you fork from Vertcoin?

Thanks for your reply, it is much more constructive then the rest of the thread. The suggestion to delay the release of the IPO funds over a 60 day period is well received but it will take some re-organization on our part (which should not be too much of a hassle)

Also, concercing the release of the wallet I will follow up your suggestion and have a package ready 24h - 48h before launch day

Originally we forked Vertcoin to launch another Scrypt-N but then we decided against it; Not only are there already enough Adapative Scrypt N coins but it also exposes a real security concern in combination with the difficulty re-targeting algorithm (KGW, see Auroracoin). Besides, it adds a lot of stress for the graphic card - High energy consumption, high temperature and lower hash rates. So, we found that HVC's proof of work algorithm was much better performing in terms of energy consumption vs hash rate and without the KGW weaknesses. Additionally, HVC can be CPU and GPU mined thus, those parts were interchanged. A part from differences in the wallet version, Mjollnircoin has a working coin control feature where HVC does not (which would be the only real feature we inherited from Vertcoin, even tho it is a little outdated given the recent work done in Bitcoin Core)

goo38

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:13:59 AM

Will the wallet have a built in cpu miner like HVC wallet did or will we have to use a separate mining application?
cayars

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:09:22 AM

Thanks for your reply, it is much more constructive then the rest of the thread. The suggestion to delay the release of the IPO funds over a 60 day period is well received but it will take some re-organization on our part (which should not be too much of a hassle)

Also, concercing the release of the wallet I will follow up your suggestion and have a package ready 24h - 48h before launch day

Originally we forked Vertcoin to launch another Scrypt-N but then we decided against it; Not only are there already enough Adapative Scrypt N coins but it also exposes a real security concern in combination with the difficulty re-targeting algorithm (KGW, see Auroracoin). Besides, it adds a lot of stress for the graphic card - High energy consumption, high temperature and lower hash rates. So, we found that HVC's proof of work algorithm was much better performing in terms of energy consumption vs hash rate and without the KGW weaknesses. Additionally, HVC can be CPU and GPU mined thus, those parts were interchanged. A part from differences in the wallet version, Mjollnircoin has a working coin control feature where HVC does not (which would be the only real feature we inherited from Vertcoin, even tho it is a little outdated given the recent work done in Bitcoin Core)

I think you'll find if you can make the change to the IPO it will be better received by many people.  Not all people of course, because many will call any coin with an IPO or premine a "scam".  Ignore them...

With summer coming up quickly, you made a great choice in selecting HVC due to lower heat and energy costs.  Your timing of launch is also pretty good considering Heavy Coin is having a lot of troubles at present which I probably contributed to, due to a topic I posted on 4/9 which more or less found a flaw in their timeline that could cause security issues in a few months. The devs don't want to make a change so a lot of people are starting to abandon the coin.  This coin DOES NOT HAVE THAT ISSUE which is great!

However, I typically "tear" things apart questioning why things are/were done the way they are.  So if you don't mind, please allow me to share some thoughts and/or questions:
What I didn't like about HVC is that approximately 90% of the coins would be mined in the first 3 to 4 months.  Super high inflation and right off the bat the value of the coin is set low do to high initial volume.  This coin will be all most the extreme opposite which is good.

It's currently listed at 42,000,000 total coins. Forgetting about block halving which is approximately every 1.6 years, there will be 30 blocks per hour (every 2 minutes) or 720 blocks per day.  At 50 coins per block that is 36,000 coins per day or 3,240,000 roughly the first 90 days which is only 7.7 percent of total coins.  Much nicer then 90% which is roughly what HeavyCoin looks like at present.

Again following the logic above, at 36,000 coins per day it would take 1166.66 days to mine or 3.19 years assuming there was no block halving.  The timeline again from this metric looks fantastic.

As already stated there are 720 blocks per day. The block reward is currently set to half itself at 420,000 blocks which is every 583.33 days or about 1.6 years.  Again, nothing wrong with this BUT may I make a suggestion (if doable) that you consider.  This is only that (a suggestion). Instead of halving the block reward every 1.6 years, have you thought about doing a monthly or weekly reduction in block reward?

The reason I ask this, is that say 1.6 years from now the coin is worth X amount which is just profitable to mine.  Come the next day the reward is halved and now mining profitability is also halved which could mean a lot of people stop mining the coins.  Granted hopefully the market catches up but anytime there is a sudden "halving" of reward or profitability you get a shake up, lose miners and the market bounces around a bit until it again stabilizes.

Instead maybe consider a straight 6% reduction in coins per month. There would never be a 50% drop this way. The market can easily adjust to a 6% drop in coins produced each month by easily going up in value that much each month!  This also helps solve the "inflation" issue most coins have.  BTW, starting with 36,000 coins per day on month 1 there would be 18226 at month 12 (just about half).

Along the same lines as above you don't need to use 6%.  You could decide on a straight 5% per month and even do something like start it after the first 90 days or 3 months. Just ideas.

But the point I was trying to make is that this could very well help boost the value of the coin in the market because it would be producing less and less coins each month but there would never be a sudden decline
in miners which could happen more easily at the 1.6 year mark.

On a separate topic I noticed you removed the section on bounties and lowered the premine from 0.75% to 0.5%. I think this was a very good move that will pay off well.   0.5% is very manageable and a lot lower then many new coins.  I believe this will benefit the coin as it will be easier to attract those who were mining HeavyCoin (as well as many other coins) as they already know the advantages of lower energy and heat produced using the Hefty1 algorithm.

You also seem to show a good capacity to listen to the community (so far) and take criticism/ideas very well without assuming your way is "the only way".  This is nice and refreshing and goes to show this may very well be the "community coin" to watch and take notes from.

Although probably too early as the coin hasn't even launched yet, If I were to speculate, I'd say this coin has a tremendous amount of things going well or being done correctly and short of the 0.5% premine which I'm not a fan of, nothing wrong with it.

My 2 cents for what it's worth, Smiley
Carlo
mjollnircoin (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 04:52:30 PM

Will the wallet have a built in cpu miner like HVC wallet did or will we have to use a separate mining application?

It also has a built-in CPU miner, but the external mining application has a much better performance
mjollnircoin (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:57:18 PM

I think you'll find if you can make the change to the IPO it will be better received by many people.  Not all people of course, because many will call any coin with an IPO or premine a "scam".  Ignore them...

With summer coming up quickly, you made a great choice in selecting HVC due to lower heat and energy costs.  Your timing of launch is also pretty good considering Heavy Coin is having a lot of troubles at present which I probably contributed to, due to a topic I posted on 4/9 which more or less found a flaw in their timeline that could cause security issues in a few months. The devs don't want to make a change so a lot of people are starting to abandon the coin.  This coin DOES NOT HAVE THAT ISSUE which is great!

However, I typically "tear" things apart questioning why things are/were done the way they are.  So if you don't mind, please allow me to share some thoughts and/or questions:
What I didn't like about HVC is that approximately 90% of the coins would be mined in the first 3 to 4 months.  Super high inflation and right off the bat the value of the coin is set low do to high initial volume.  This coin will be all most the extreme opposite which is good.

It's currently listed at 42,000,000 total coins. Forgetting about block halving which is approximately every 1.6 years, there will be 30 blocks per hour (every 2 minutes) or 720 blocks per day.  At 50 coins per block that is 36,000 coins per day or 3,240,000 roughly the first 90 days which is only 7.7 percent of total coins.  Much nicer then 90% which is roughly what HeavyCoin looks like at present.

Again following the logic above, at 36,000 coins per day it would take 1166.66 days to mine or 3.19 years assuming there was no block halving.  The timeline again from this metric looks fantastic.

As already stated there are 720 blocks per day. The block reward is currently set to half itself at 420,000 blocks which is every 583.33 days or about 1.6 years.  Again, nothing wrong with this BUT may I make a suggestion (if doable) that you consider.  This is only that (a suggestion). Instead of halving the block reward every 1.6 years, have you thought about doing a monthly or weekly reduction in block reward?

The reason I ask this, is that say 1.6 years from now the coin is worth X amount which is just profitable to mine.  Come the next day the reward is halved and now mining profitability is also halved which could mean a lot of people stop mining the coins.  Granted hopefully the market catches up but anytime there is a sudden "halving" of reward or profitability you get a shake up, lose miners and the market bounces around a bit until it again stabilizes.

Instead maybe consider a straight 6% reduction in coins per month. There would never be a 50% drop this way. The market can easily adjust to a 6% drop in coins produced each month by easily going up in value that much each month!  This also helps solve the "inflation" issue most coins have.  BTW, starting with 36,000 coins per day on month 1 there would be 18226 at month 12 (just about half).

Along the same lines as above you don't need to use 6%.  You could decide on a straight 5% per month and even do something like start it after the first 90 days or 3 months. Just ideas.

But the point I was trying to make is that this could very well help boost the value of the coin in the market because it would be producing less and less coins each month but there would never be a sudden decline
in miners which could happen more easily at the 1.6 year mark.

On a separate topic I noticed you removed the section on bounties and lowered the premine from 0.75% to 0.5%. I think this was a very good move that will pay off well.   0.5% is very manageable and a lot lower then many new coins.  I believe this will benefit the coin as it will be easier to attract those who were mining HeavyCoin (as well as many other coins) as they already know the advantages of lower energy and heat produced using the Hefty1 algorithm.

You also seem to show a good capacity to listen to the community (so far) and take criticism/ideas very well without assuming your way is "the only way".  This is nice and refreshing and goes to show this may very well be the "community coin" to watch and take notes from.

Although probably too early as the coin hasn't even launched yet, If I were to speculate, I'd say this coin has a tremendous amount of things going well or being done correctly and short of the 0.5% premine which I'm not a fan of, nothing wrong with it.

My 2 cents for what it's worth, Smiley
Carlo

Thanks for your input,

I agree on the HVC issues, there is just too much voting. Implementing democracy is quite a thing!

I really liked the suggestion to steadily decrease the block reward, so I just dropped the block reward halving in Mjollnircoin.

Instead, the first ~21 weeks, the block reward is set to 50 MNR, after which the block reward will slowly decrease, at a steady rate of 0.85% every 11 days.  Less harsh and in 420,000 blocks the reward will be  around 36 MNR, in total requiring about 1800 days to complete mining (ending block reward is ~13 MNR). I've put up a short table on the website

The first week of Mjollnir's Mining phase has special mining rewards, starting at 125 MNR and dropping to 50 MNR in 5.5 days,
this way we hope to attract some early hashing power to secure the network

I think the above parameter set is a lot better, it will definitly make it to the release, Thanks!

More soon on the IPO btw,

cayars

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:38:24 PM

Nice!  I think this will definitely help (surely can't hurt) this coin from both a mining perspective as there will never be any sudden drops in reward block sizes.  I would imagine it will help from a market standpoint also for the same reason.  Also from about the 5th month onward there is a nice slow reduction in coinage being produced which will should help to elevate the price ever so slowly (hopefully more due to other factors) just based on mint rate.

This should track well across the board for both miners and investors.

You might want to change the op message.

Block halving: Every 420K blocks (~2 years)
Starting block reward: Increased for the first 4000 blocks

to something like:

First week reward: 125 MNR dropping to 50 MNR in 5.5 days
Weeks 2 -21: 50 MNR
Block reduction after week 21: Slow steady decrease of 0.85% every 11 days

or similar which reflects the new mint policy.

Do you need any help getting any pools lined up or do you have that covered?

At this point in time, what help do you need from the community?

mjollnircoin (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:49:55 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2014, 12:01:14 AM by mjollnircoin

Nice!  I think this will definitely help (surely can't hurt) this coin from both a mining perspective as there will never be any sudden drops in reward block sizes.  I would imagine it will help from a market standpoint also for the same reason.  Also from about the 5th month onward there is a nice slow reduction in coinage being produced which will should help to elevate the price ever so slowly (hopefully more due to other factors) just based on mint rate.

This should track well across the board for both miners and investors.

You might want to change the op message.

Block halving: Every 420K blocks (~2 years)
Starting block reward: Increased for the first 4000 blocks

to something like:

First week reward: 125 MNR dropping to 50 MNR in 5.5 days
Weeks 2 -21: 50 MNR
Block reduction after week 21: Slow steady decrease of 0.85% every 11 days

or similar which reflects the new mint policy.

Do you need any help getting any pools lined up or do you have that covered?

At this point in time, what help do you need from the community?

Yes, I think your suggestions made some substantial improvements to Mjollnircoin,

AFAIK, there is no pool lined up. Would be nice to have one

Another thing that would be helpfull is a GPU miner (there should be one available, otherwise someone would just patch one up based on the cpuminer)

cayars

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:37:06 AM

More soon on the IPO btw,

If you can make any changes as talked about previously to the IPO then that is "icing on the cake".  If not, I certainly wouldn't worry much about it as you are already using Escrow which many other coins don't do.

With the bounties taken out we're only talking about 0.5% which is about as small as you can get these days for any new coin.  You've documented what the premine is used for and thus anyone who actually reads the op message will know it serves a purpose and isn't lining anyone's wallet.

You could argue (if there was even a reason) this is a good thing because it helps to set the value from day one before the first coin is ever sold or purchased.  This CAN IN FACT help the miners who do not invest in the IPO because right out of the gate there is an established baseline value for the coin.  So even those people who mine and sell (mine/dump) new coins will benefit as well as those who wish to hold for further added value down the road as the coin becomes even more valued.

Carlo
cryptomines

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:39:40 AM

I am definitely in. Addresses heavycoins shortcomings, responsive devs, good long term mining prospects. You should talk to cbuchner1 about ccminer, from what I hear in the cudaminer thread it shouldn't be too hard to tweak it for MNR. Then you could add nvidia friendly to your coins list of attributes.
reorder

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 09:54:09 AM

But escrow address is still empty? Looks like no luck for non-PoS coins anymore.
gpools

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 09:58:44 AM

Look price HVC . deny invest Grin
cayars

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:00:11 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2014, 07:24:55 PM by cayars

You don't need to invest.  But you know you're going to mine it.  Tongue

But escrow address is still empty? Looks like no luck for non-PoS coins anymore.

I think POS is just a current trend because it's "new". Although it does for sure have some unique advantages too.  But new POS coins definitely get much of the attention.

HVC was one of the NON-POS coins that had promise but due to a combination of events went down hill fast.  MNR on the other hand is EVERYTHING HVC originally set out to be without the gimmick of voting.

HVC originally had a strong community behind it (forums and IRC).  There was good communication and people were excited.  People had or put to much faith in the devs and took what they said as "gospel".
But then things started unraveling as the coins implementation and marketing were slowly ripped apart. The devs slowly lost all credibility and things got shaken up.

1) Coin was STRONGLY poised to be CPU only with no chance of GPU mining.  They even did a paper on it.
2) REORDER put a halt to that (strike 1) with release of CGMINER (amd/ati)
2) Chris further put a nail in that coffin with ccminer (nvidia) release
3) I posted the flaw in the voting algorithms (doomsday message) and how it affects the timeline, block reward especially going into Sustain Phase, and security if hashing dropped (strike 2) - however could have been fixed
4) Devs went into hiding and basically stopped communicating (strike 3)
Besides the "strike" items above it also had a HUGE premine/IPO which effectively is about 10% of minting. They did not use escrow and basically forced everyone to do things there way.

MNR on the other hand is billed from day one (rightfully so) as both a CPU and GPU coin. No illusions or denial.
Has a solid timeline and unique slow downward block reward that should allow the value of the coin to easily increase as block reward drops.
Seems VERY OPEN to discussing and even implementing changes offered by the community.  No pre-notion of "our way or the high-way" mentality.
Very small premine of only 0.5%

Basically the BEST of what HVC should have been!

BTW, I know this is a completely different coin then HVC but since it uses the HEFTY algorithm it will likely be a candidate to mine by the people originally involved with HVC so...

Reorder.  The devs might be trying to change the IPO a bit due to a suggestion I had made a few message up.  This could be why the escrow address is empty?.?.?  Maybe mjollnircoin can comment.
Reorder, are you planning on setting up a pool for MNR and releasing a version of CGMINER to work with it?

If so, could I suggest something maybe controversial? Could you not release source code for the first week and only binaries?  Have the binaries only work with your pool or a couple of pools but "hard" code 10% of mining to a special wallet address.  Take the profit from this wallet and split it with mjollnircoin.  This way you each get a bit of compensation for your work. If anyone doesn't like that they can use the CPU miner until the GPU miner is out of the 1 week "testing/proving" test. Smiley  Don't know how you feel about something like this but I for sure wouldn't mind seeing you guys get a bit of compensation for what you bring to the table!

If Chris comes on board with a version of CCMINER he could do the same or similar.

Carlo

mjollnircoin (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:16:00 PM

You don't need to invest.  But you know you're going to mine it.  Tongue

I think POS is just a current trend because it's "new". Although it does for sure have some unique advantages too.  But new POS coins definitely get much of the attention.

HVC was one of the NON-POS coins that had promise but due to a combination of events went down hill fast.  MNR on the other hand is EVERYTHING HVC originally set out to be without the gimmick of voting.

HVC originally had a strong community behind it (forums and IRC).  There was good communication and people were excited.  People had or put to much faith in the devs and took what they said as "gospel".
But then things started unraveling as the coins implementation and marketing were slowly ripped apart. The devs slowly lost all credibility and things got shaken up.

1) Coin was STRONGLY poised to be CPU only with no chance of GPU mining.  They even did a paper on it.
2) REORDER put a halt to that (strike 1) with release of CGMINER (amd/ati)
2) Chris further put a nail in that coffin with ccminer (nvidia) release
3) I posted the flaw in the voting algorithms (doomsday message) and how it affects the timeline, block reward especially going into Sustain Phase, and security if hashing dropped (strike 2) - however could have been fixed
4) Devs went into hiding and basically stopped communicating (strike 3)
Besides the "strike" items above it also had a HUGE premine/IPO which effectively is about 10% of minting. They did not use escrow and basically forced everyone to do things there way.

MNR on the other hand is billed from day one (rightfully so) as both a CPU and GPU coin. No illusions or denial.
Has a solid timeline and unique slow downward block reward that should allow the value of the coin to easily increase as block reward drops.
Seems VERY OPEN to discussing and even implementing changes offered by the community.  No pre-notion of "our way or the high-way" mentality.
Very small premine of only 0.5%

Basically the BEST of what HVC should have been!

BTW, I know this is a completely different coin then HVC but since it uses the HEFTY algorithm it will likely be a candidate to mine by the people originally involved with HVC so...

Reorder.  The devs might be trying to change the IPO a bit due to a suggestion I had made a few message up.  This could be why the escrow address is empty?.?.?  Maybe mjollnircoin can comment.
Reorder, are you planning on setting up a pool for MNR and releasing a version of CGMINER to work with it?

If so, could I suggest something maybe controversial? Could you not release source code for the first week and only binaries?  Have the binaries only work with your pool or a couple of pools but "hard" code 10% of mining to a special wallet address.  Take the profit from this wallet and split it with mjollnircoin.  This way you each get a bit of compensation for your work. If anyone doesn't like that they can use the CPU miner until the GPU miner is out of the 1 week "testing/proving" test. Smiley  Don't know how you feel about something like this but I for sure wouldn't mind seeing you guys get a bit of compensation for what you bring to the table!

If Chris comes on board with a version of CCMINER he could do the same or similar.

Carlo

Hi,

Yes but that's very controversial! What maybe possible is that the user enables something to donate part of his mining time to Mjollnircoin, but it is not something I want to enforce.

As for the empty Escrow, it is probably just that - Empty. There is no new Escrow address AFAIK.
However, there has been a very small investment on our direct IPO fund address by one person

SimkoMiner

Activity: 925
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:19:49 PM

I have bad feeling that Mjollnircoin dev is the same person as HVC dev (keccak512) who abandoned HVC ship long time ago and is now trying the same IPO scam. It's worth trying to create another clone if couple of tens (if not hundreds) of BTCs can be earned so easily. HVC story has proven that there are always hordes of greedy fools who are willing to invest in some shitcoins even before they are launched so why not try the same concept once again.
cayars

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:52:32 PM

I have bad feeling that Mjollnircoin dev is the same person as HVC dev (keccak512) who abandoned HVC ship long time ago and is now trying the same IPO scam. It's worth trying to create another clone if couple of tens (if not hundreds) of BTCs can be earned so easily. HVC story has proven that there are always hordes of greedy fools who are willing to invest in some shitcoins even before they are launched so why not try the same concept once again.

Highly doubtful as Mjollnircoin is "talkiing" to me. Smiley   Keep in mind HVC was like 10% ipo/premine and MNR is only 0.5% and the devs make basically nothing.  Where is the scam in that? Read the OP message for more info on allocation of funds.

We NEED/WANT an HVC clone that fixes the problems with HVC.  EVERYTHING that I can think of that was wrong with HVC is NOT WRONG in MNR and IS DONE CORRECTLY!

What more can we ask for at this point in time?

Carlo

PS I was sort of skeptical myself and you can probably get this from the tone in my first message on page 1. But the dev embraced ideas in the thread and is making them happen.  That's a great first step if nothing else and something keccak512 never did (even when people were begging for changes). Keccah512 was always "my way, or the highway".  Even with not using escrow back before the IPO.  Everything was always done his way and not the communities way.  Different story here as you can read.

So if the IPO scares you, then just don't invest, but keep your options open and start mining it when it launches.  This way you are out nothing and stand a chance of earning some good coins from day one.

Due to this coin using Hefty and the high IPO % of HVC I think most people will be leery of investing in any IPOs for a while (especially those using Hefty).  That is understandable, but that also doesn't make a coin that has a very small IPO a scam either.

reorder

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 09:45:39 PM

Actually I have peeked at escrow address just to find out how much should I invest to get a better position on that tan-curve Smiley The zero transactions was surprising at least, as the coin has all the potential to become *the* GPU coin for the summer.
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 09:51:17 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2014, 10:03:08 PM by zedicus

I really liked Heavy and im keeping an eagle eye on this coin.  

A proactive dev that is open to suggestion and addresses issues as they come up is a +!

MNR -    "                                 "

Do we have a tag line to put in between the quotes above!

( Can someone patch this miner to work with MNR )

http://hvcdl.1gh.com/cgminer-heavy-2014-04-01.zip

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
reorder

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:06:11 PM

I really liked Heavy and im keeping an eagle eye on this coin.  

A proactive dev that is open to suggestion and addresses issues as they come up is a +!

MNR -    "                                 "

Do we have a tag line to put in between the quotes above!
Millionaire god?
cayars

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:32:06 PM

( Can someone patch this miner to work with MNR )

http://hvcdl.1gh.com/cgminer-heavy-2014-04-01.zip

Perhaps the person who posted right before and after your message? lol
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: