Bitcoin Forum
August 19, 2024, 11:24:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What are your thoughts on changing Mjollnircoin fundementals ?
I want to see MNR go full PoS - 7 (18.4%)
I want to see MNR go hybrid PoS/PoW - 15 (39.5%)
Please do not change anything, keep it PoW - 13 (34.2%)
I have no idea - 3 (7.9%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mjollnircoin - MNR - Ultra-secure, Fast Transactions & ASIC resistant  (Read 80162 times)
reorder

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:04:39 AM

Well we could only assume we might have a working pool without the actual source code and/or a miner beforehand
but curious and smart folks could probably find what they are looking for now.  Wink

But the code is published for review several posts ago, isn't it? I have a confirmation that parts important for mining won't change before release Smiley
nonce-pool

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:14:37 AM

Well we could only assume we might have a working pool without the actual source code and/or a miner beforehand
but curious and smart folks could probably find what they are looking for now.  Wink

But the code is published for review several posts ago, isn't it? I have a confirmation that parts important for mining won't change before release Smiley

Reading that back, our own post sounds confusing  Tongue, we have already looked at the code and intend to support Mjollnircoin with a pool but would rather not advertize such until we are certain that it's functional (the assume part) the pool is already prepared and waiting for launch.

We will have a link once it's "officially" open but folks could easily find it now if they looked for it  Grin
cayars

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:46:31 AM

Yes, that's much clearer in intention.

It would be nice for mjollnircoin to be able to update the op message under the pool section.  Would it be ok to add?

http://mnr.nonce-pool.com/ (planned)

Then once up and running the "planned" could be removed or changed to "operational" or similar.

But this way anyone following MNR can see progress being made.  Lots of people don't like to solo mine so having at least one pool on the list is good stuff.

hint, hint, reorder  Cool
reorder

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:50:13 AM

It would be nice for mjollnircoin to be able to update the op message under the pool section.  Would it be ok to add?

Then once up and running the "planned" could be removed or changed to "operational" or similar.

But this way anyone following MNR can see progress being made.  Lots of people don't like to solo mine so having at least one pool on the list is good stuff.

hint, hint, reorder  Cool
I'd rather suggest focusing on a webwallet now. To avoid 5-10 pages of 'my wallet won't sync' messages in this thread on the start.
cayars

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:17:13 PM

Hmm, without a local wallet you can't solo mine. If you can't solo mine then you need a pool(s).

Chicken and Egg, or am I missing something?
reorder

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:21:09 PM

Hmm, without a local wallet you can't solo mine. If you can't solo mine then you need a pool(s).

Chicken and Egg, or am I missing something?
Yes, pools will be there of course (and yes, I have everything ready at this moment). Just it is not mining that brings value to a coin.
cayars

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:21:28 PM

I really haven't followed online web wallets to much as the thought of my coins being in someone else's control doesn't sit well with me.  IE Mt Gox, etc.
Even when using exchanges, I usually quickly move any coins back to my own local wallets after the transactions are complete.

Not to derail the thread, but are a lot of people still using web wallets (I'm pretty ignorant on this subject)?
reorder

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:26:50 PM

I really haven't followed online web wallets to much as the thought of my coins being in someone else's control doesn't sit well with me.  IE Mt Gox, etc.
Even when using exchanges, I usually quickly move any coins back to my own local wallets after the transactions are complete.

Not to derail the thread, but are a lot of people still using web wallets?
In most cases web/lightweight wallets do not host your coin, rather they provide access to the blockchain. Quite a lot of people are using them, in Bitcoin it is even the majority of users.
cayars

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:32:57 PM

In order to actually take possession or to spend/trade coins do you still have to have a local wallet?

Any good example web wallets for BTC or any other coins you could point me to? Love to check it out.
reorder

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:36:20 PM

In order to actually take possession or to spend/trade coins do you still have to have a local wallet?

Any good example web wallets for BTC or any other coins you could point me to? Love to check it out.
You only need private keys for your addresses (or a unique secrets they are generated from) stored/remembered locally. The most prominent example is blockchain.info . There are also electrum/armory/mobile wallets etc.

Edit: I have posted a site for another coin initially Smiley
nlh

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:46:12 PM

no wallet, no pool

how to get the coin Huh Shocked
reorder

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:47:53 PM

no wallet, no pool

It is not started yet, the launch is on May 3rd
cayars

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:53:18 PM

no wallet, no pool

Coin is launching in 3 Days, 3 Hours from right now.  See http://brokkir.github.io/mjollnircoin/index.html for the countdown timer.

The pools aren't mentioned in the OP message but it appears these will be ready at launch.  This was just discussed a few messages up from this one.  There are pool operators active in this thread so we are in good shape.

The wallets are going to be available prior to launch for you to download and have on hand.  You will just need a password to unlock/unzip the the file.  This password won't be given out until launch time.

Everything seems to going pretty smoothly so far leading up to the launch.
cayars

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 01:00:43 PM

You only need private keys for your addresses (or a unique secrets they are generated from) stored/remembered locally. The most prominent example is blockchain.info . There are also electrum/armory/mobile wallets etc.

Edit: I have posted a site for another coin initially Smiley

I thought you were talking about something closer to this: https://blockchain.info/wallet
nlh

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 01:13:35 PM

The name seems unpronouncable. Anyway, good luck with your project! Tongue
cayars

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 01:56:34 PM

The name seems unpronouncable. Anyway, good luck with your project! Tongue

From earlier in the thread:
cryptomines

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:17:04 PM

Great news even if it is unofficial at this time. It would be nice to know if ccminer will be tweaked for MNR and ready for launch but still no word....
nonce-pool

Activity: 149

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:47:35 PM

It would be nice for mjollnircoin to be able to update the op message under the pool section.  Would it be ok to add?

But this way anyone following MNR can see progress being made.  Lots of people don't like to solo mine so having at least one pool on the list is good stuff.

hint, hint, reorder  Cool

It would be safe to add, we have tested the pool with the provided cpu-miner and don't anticipate any issues.
mjollnircoin (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 06:48:24 PM

Excellent job everyone and Thanks! So far, it seems to be looking good in preparing for the release,
Let me know if there could be anything wrong, otherwise I'd like to add you (Reorder and Nonce) to the Pool list in the OP.

The building of the binaries for the various platforms is nearly finished, they will be released (later today) protected by a password; I'll be using gpg and 7zip to encrypt the files and you will be able to decrypt them using Mjollnir's Genesis Block hash

Also, the cpu miner was modified to mine exactly one block; This block will be mined shortly before the release so the release of MNR funds can start as soon as possible

More later!
cayars

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:09:32 PM

Excellent job everyone and Thanks! So far, it seems to be looking good in preparing for the release,
Let me know if there could be anything wrong, otherwise I'd like to add you (Reorder and Nonce) to the Pool list in the OP.

The building of the binaries for the various platforms is nearly finished, they will be released (later today) protected by a password; I'll be using gpg and 7zip to encrypt the files and you will be able to decrypt them using Mjollnir's Genesis Block hash

Also, the cpu miner was modified to mine exactly one block; This block will be mined shortly before the release so the release of MNR funds can start as soon as possible

More later!

mjollnircoin, Next time you edit the OP message could you change
"None available" to "Coming Soon" in sections like the Exchanges?

Essentially means the same thing but has a better "tone". It won't take long after the coin launches that we'll get some exchanges on board. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: