Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:12:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What are your thoughts on changing Mjollnircoin fundementals ?
I want to see MNR go full PoS - 7 (18.4%)
I want to see MNR go hybrid PoS/PoW - 15 (39.5%)
Please do not change anything, keep it PoW - 13 (34.2%)
I have no idea - 3 (7.9%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mjollnircoin - MNR - Ultra-secure, Fast Transactions & ASIC resistant  (Read 80134 times)
cayars

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:27:56 AM

What I would suggest is download GPU-Z which will allow you to check many sensors on your cards including temps.  You can then adjust the core a bit to where you feel comfortable with the temps.

You may want to OC a bit more then what you have or might want to drop clock a bit depending on temps.  Great util to have.

Anyway, all the best to you and happy mining.

Carlo

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cayars

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:33:13 AM

It happened.

We just passed HVC in network hash rate.
HVC: 26.36 GH/s
MNR: 27.48 GH/s

Was wondering how long it would take. Answer 3 days. Smiley

Good things happening with MNR!
chango

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:06:57 AM

may be 'cause im running at core/mem 1000/625 and without -X 105 parameter, just added it to command line and now get 18MH/s each, nice! thanks.

You should be able to get that card a few MH higher.  Are you running on Windows?
What driver version are you running?

If you want a bit of help in a quicker manner, drop in the IRC channel #MNRCOIN on freenode (see op message).  If you have TeamViewer or can install it I'd be happen to give you a quick hand to get your card tuned up and mining a bit higher.

Carlo

im running win 7, 13.12 drivers. The thing is i dont want to put the core to 1250, it's too hot since i have rig with 3 cards putting in case.
Anyway i'm happy with 18MH/s each Grin

I would like to compare electricity usage because here is not cheap :p, I was able to squeeze more from my 280xs currently my rig has ~66-70MHZ using 530W. Anyone has measured this?, maybe getting less hashrate is more efficient if the electricity is expensive.

Also I am interested in solo mining, anyone has been able to do it ? can I use the cgminer from 1ghz because it didn't work for me Sad.

Cheers!.
cayars

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:36:09 AM

I would like to compare electricity usage because here is not cheap :p, I was able to squeeze more from my 280xs currently my rig has ~66-70MHZ using 530W. Anyone has measured this?, maybe getting less hashrate is more efficient if the electricity is expensive.
Every mining rig is going to be different.  Best advice I could give you is to pickup something similar to a KillaWatt meter https://www.google.com/search?q=killawatt&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ei=RAhrU-PNB83YyQHu0YHoDg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=927  Obvioulsy it needs to work with your country's electrical system but you want to get something similar to this.  You can then tune your system to get the best hashrate per electrical unit used.

Also I am interested in solo mining, anyone has been able to do it ? can I use the cgminer from 1ghz because it didn't work for me Sad.

Cheers!.

Totally not worth doing with current difficulty IMHO.  You could get lucky from time to time but could go a long time without finding a block which gets frustrating. Better IMHO to see smaller but consistent coins coming in on a routine basis. All three of the MNR pools I believe charge 1% or less in fees so there is really nothing to gain but frustration by trying to mine solo at this point.
cayars

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:39:19 AM

mjollnircoin,

Noticed you crossed off "This Thread" in the OP message under Forums.  Probably not a good idea as bitcointalk.org is the place to be for miners.  Many a coin have tried to setup their own forums but it usually doesn't work out so well as many of the people who mine coins follow many different coins, development or hardware and want everything in more or less one place.  An alternate forum is fine but I wouldn't downplay this forum by striling it out.  An alternate forum however would be great to take some stuff offline. ie board or management team (if/when formed), etc where you may not want info publically available for all to read until ready.  Just IMHO of course.  Other may disagree.

Under Exchanges, you might want to add as a hyperlink:
"MintPal.Com (currently in voting stage) <- click here to cast your vote"

Maybe consider adding a section under IPO section for expense or IPO money/btc spent.  Not that it was a big IPO to begin with, but it shows you are using some of the IPO money already to support MNR.  Alot more then many devs can say that took in far more money without ever spending a dime to support the coin.  Goes to credibility of both you and the coin.

Under binaries for "Cudaminer for Windows" you should change this to the v9 release that contains EXEs from C&C that were recently released.

In the OP message you have links for Twitter, Facebook and Reddit.  That's a good start but typically these target an audience not really familar with Crypto Currencies or mining.  As I mentioned to you in PM, I think many coins fail at marketing with these types of marketing methods as they have posts without any substance to attrack new people into our world. Probably most people reading these type of posts have NO IDEA about any of this. Leading up to next section (continued in next post):
cayars

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:41:40 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 05:03:46 AM by cayars

Not specific to mjollnircoin but to the community.  How do you explain crypto currencies, bitcoin, alt coins, etc to non miners?  How do you attrack them or at least get them interested in either mining or investing/buying/using coins (specifically MNR)?  How would you answer. Why MNR?  Why is it better then any of the other coins? How do you intend to grow?  What is your short and long term plans? What is unique about MNR? etc, etc, etc.

I don't know how many of you have seen http://megacoin.co.nz/ but I think these guys are on the right track/aproach.  It would be great if we could put together something similar (but better) that would serve as an introduction to cryto currencies as well as explain how or why MNR is the coin to mine or invest in.  With some type of similar site that can be linked to for these type of answers, then things like twitter, facebook, reddit, blogs and similar social sites could make a far better/bigger impression and ROI on time spent promoting via these sites.

Do any of you guys agree with this type of approach?  Do any of you know of any similar sites that contain a good amount of info for the newbs? Anybody have any ideas?

Lets get the creative juices flowing.

Carlo

PS moved up to spot 360 on Mintpal.com.  We have a long way to go, but it's fun to watch us move up in rank.

PPS Someone right now has 22.4 coins listed at 0.00005000.  That is only 62% of the next lowest sell price.  Please kill this sell order and re-list it if needed at a far better price.
We have only been mining for 3 days so no one has coins they need to dump.  Lets set the price high for MNR so when a bigger exchange like Mintpal come online we are set.  If you need to mine and dump to pay the bills please split your hash between a couple of coins.  Hold or sell high, your MNR while dumping the other coin like everyone else. Smiley
chango

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:01:11 AM

Every mining rig is going to be different.  Best advice I could give you is to pickup something similar to a KillaWatt meter https://www.google.com/search?q=killawatt&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ei=RAhrU-PNB83YyQHu0YHoDg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=927  Obvioulsy it needs to work with your country's electrical system but you want to get something similar to this.  You can then tune your system to get the best hashrate per electrical unit used.
Yes I have one, that's how I know the current usage, I just want to compare with others, that is the best that I can do at the moment and I have a quite efficient PSU, but still is not too much profit.

Cheers!.

Totally not worth doing with current difficulty IMHO.  You could get lucky from time to time but could go a long time without finding a block which gets frustrating. Better IMHO to see smaller but consistent coins coming in on a routine basis. All three of the MNR pools I believe charge 1% or less in fees so there is really nothing to gain but frustration by trying to mine solo at this point.

There are several reason why I want to do this, first the selfish greedy reason is to get more coins. Maybe is not worth doing now that the block reward is still 75, but after it is stabilized around 50 why not ?
In the long run it should be 1% more coins due to the pool fee, but there is something else very important, the efficiency of the miner is directly related to the difficulty, that's why you see more hashrate using VIP as password at 1gh pool, the change is less dramatic as the diff increases so I maybe a VIPVIP with 2.5 diff or VIPVIPVIP for a diff of 8 will render the maximum result. I don't have the numbers right now I will measure in the evening and will report later how much more efficient it is to hash with a higher / lower difficulty.

Also there is the security of the network, I don't think it is a good idea to have all the hash in only one pool. And to keep the pool operator honest it might be a good idea to try to split the hashrate, yesterday I tried using nonce but the dashboard was showing consistently 50 MH while cgminer shows 70MH, 1gh reports 66-72MH at the moment.

And my final and most important goal is to learn Smiley I want learn how to set up a p2pool node, but for that I first have to learn how to solo mine properly lol.

Cheers and thanks for your reply.
Mjollnir

Activity: 182

http://virtualcurrenciesnews.com/

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 09:17:55 AM

Since when do i have a coin Tongue ?

My website. Collection of cuttings of crypto news world wide. With links to full article. http://virtualcurrenciesnews.com/
And on steemit.com now Smiley
crovasco

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:34:49 AM

A little devil's attorney here:

I can mine 1 MNR, and in same amount of time i can mine 6 HVC (just tested it).
Given the best buy @ HVC whis is 775s, in order to MNR to be profitable, (compared to HVC) it's price should be 4650s.
Current best buy is 2000s ...
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 10:40:55 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 11:37:36 AM by djm34

Given the best buy @ HVC whis is 775s, in order to MNR to be profitable, (compared to HVC) it's price should be 4650s.
will go up when the reward will be at 50, some people are just giving at the moment the "easy to get" MNRs

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
chango

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:44:02 AM

I was thinking the same :p I think I will mine HVC for a while dump and buy MNR, makes more sense anyways.

Edit: Price in cryptoaltex is 163 for HVC Sad.
Edit2: Also there are no sell offers for MNR, so it is risky. Back to MNR xD.
cayars

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:54:40 AM

HVC already has mined 34,109,459 out of about 92.5 million coins.  It is about 36.87% mined already.
HVC in about 3 months time will be close to 90% mined with only 10 million coins left to mine.
They will most likely take a huge hit in hash rate in 3 months time which people know about (and it does affect current HVC trade price).

MNR is currently on block 3150. At block 4000 we drop down to a block reward of 50 MNR.
This will stabalize the supply side of things and the prices on the exchange(s) should go up a bit because of this and the fact it will slowly become harder to get MNR from mining.

But as crovasco pointed out.  HVC & MNR both use a 2 minute block time.
HVC is currently at 627 coins per block vs MNR at 75 coins per block and dropping to 50 coins per block in less then 1000 blocks.

At present you can earn 8.25 times more block on HVC then MNR.  Soon it will be 12.54 times as many.

Current Buy HVC price of 0.00000776 x 12.54 = 0.0000973104

That's just using "pure math".  However this is based on a direct relationship of MNR to HVC.  HVC was trading much higher a while back until it was reported about possible problems with their voting timeline and how it may affect security and price of coin when it hits the sustain phase (unique to HVC only).  Value of HVC started to drop at that point (combined with falling BTC) and has settled to around the 0.00000775 mark.

If you look at the value of HVC right before the timeline issue was announced HVC was trading at about 0.000035. 
0.000035 x 12.5 = 0.0004375

Yesterday I mentioned 0.00026603 which is 0.0004375 with a bit of factoring in on my part because of the higher payout of MNR thus far (125MNR dropping to 50MNR).

So as crovasco pointed out anything being sold at less then 0.00006402 is foolish due to nothing more then supply and demand. Or a great buy if you are an investor!

Put another way: Those currently selling MNR at 0.00004988 would be selling HVC at 0.00000640 which is below market value for a quick dump.
And this is comparing MNR to HVC which is somewhat flawed and is already 4 to 5 times lower then it should have been.

Just something to think about, but MNR is being sold FAR to cheap right now and should be worth a lot more!

Carlo

cayars

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:02:34 PM

I was thinking the same :p I think I will mine HVC for a while dump and buy MNR, makes more sense anyways.

For HVC look at https://www.mintpal.com/market/HVC/BTC where it's trading on a regular basis.

Yes and this is a solid strategy which I've just started doing this morning.  With the low ball selling of MNR at present you can mine HVC, sell it on Mintpal, move BTC to CryptoALTeX and buy the MNR.
More MNR per mining hash at present.  This will also drive the price of MNR up as now there is demand!

Carlo
crovasco

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:06:42 PM

HVC already has mined 34,109,459 out of about 92.5 million coins.  It is about 36.87% mined already.
HVC in about 3 months time will be close to 90% mined with only 10 million coins left to mine.
They will most likely take a huge hit in hash rate in 3 months time which people know about (and it does affect current HVC trade price).

MNR is currently on block 3150. At block 4000 we drop down to a block reward of 50 MNR.
This will stabalize the supply side of things and the prices on the exchange(s) should go up a bit because of this and the fact it will slowly become harder to get MNR from mining.

But as crovasco pointed out.  HVC & MNR both use a 2 minute block time.
HVC is currently at 627 coins per block vs MNR at 75 coins per block and dropping to 50 coins per block in less then 1000 blocks.

At present you can earn 8.25 times more block on HVC then MNR.  Soon it will be 12.54 times as many.

Current Buy HVC price of 0.00000776 x 12.54 = 0.0000973104

That's just using "pure math".  However this is based on a direct relationship of MNR to HVC.  HVC was trading much higher a while back until it was reported about possible problems with their voting timeline and how it may affect security and price of coin when it hits the sustain phase (unique to HVC only).  Value of HVC started to drop at that point (combined with falling BTC) and has settled to around the 0.00000775 mark.

If you look at the value of HVC right before the timeline issue was announced HVC was trading at about 0.000035. 
0.000035 x 12.5 = 0.0004375

Yesterday I mentioned 0.00026603 which is 0.0004375 with a bit of factoring in on my part because of the higher payout of MNR thus far (125MNR dropping to 50MNR).

So as crovasco pointed out anything being sold at less then 0.00006402 is foolish due to nothing more then supply and demand. Or a great buy if you are an investor!

Put another way: Those currently selling MNR at 0.00004988 would be selling HVC at 0.00000640 which is below market value for a quick dump.
And this is comparing MNR to HVC which is somewhat flawed and is already 4 to 5 times lower then it should have been.

Just something to think about, but MNR is being sold FAR to cheap right now and should be worth a lot more!

Carlo

Or in other words:
Mine HVC, dump @ any price - Buy MNR @ any given price
Still more profitable then mining MNR

This is current situation - maybe even in 24h it will be different
But still - there is only 0.06 BTC TOTAL demand for MNR

Altcoins have no internal value, their value is purely perceprtive and is completly determined on market where supply and demand collide.
If noone wants to buy it, coin is worthless. Period. No matter which resources you put in use or how much electricity spend.
Therefore, marketing, block explorer, coinmarketcap etc. Need to put some perceptive value on this coin

crovasco

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:08:58 PM

For HVC look at https://www.mintpal.com/market/HVC/BTC where it's trading on a regular basis.

Yes and this is a solid strategy which I've just started doing this morning.  With the low ball selling of MNR at present you can mine HVC, sell it on Mintpal, move BTC to CryptoALTeX and buy the MNR.
More MNR per mining hash at present.  This will also drive the price of MNR up as now there is demand!

Carlo

Eye to eye on this one.
cayars

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:18:34 PM

Eye to eye on this one.

Great minds think alike
or
It takes two cheeks to make a dumb-ass  Shocked

Guess we'll find out soon enough. LOL
gpuminer

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:49:12 PM

we need better exchange. Bittrex should be bare minimum

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. Sw4sYCL3h9NjLu1i9d6YSSsuQZQztFR7jW
griffinriz

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:50:25 PM

Poloniex will do the work, someone should contact busoni  Grin
cayars

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:59:24 PM

Poloniex will do the work, someone should contact busoni  Grin

Already in the works for both.
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:38:01 PM

For the curious, still poking away, but here's the one I did for MaxCoin in the mean time:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=438150.msg6612369#msg6612369
( Please, please, please don't quote that full post it here - they're pretty big posts and not actually related to MNR!  Oh and if anybody wanted to make an interactive website using the same setup - have at it! )

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: