Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:13:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What are your thoughts on changing Mjollnircoin fundementals ?
I want to see MNR go full PoS - 7 (18.4%)
I want to see MNR go hybrid PoS/PoW - 15 (39.5%)
Please do not change anything, keep it PoW - 13 (34.2%)
I have no idea - 3 (7.9%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mjollnircoin - MNR - Ultra-secure, Fast Transactions & ASIC resistant  (Read 80147 times)
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 04:31:58 AM

^^ Thats whats up!

Just voted! --->  145 !!! NEXT!!!!  Grin

Keep it moving fellas!

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
endlessskill

Activity: 531
Merit: 500

AMD | Mining | NVIDIA

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:30:57 AM

+Voted ---> 148
braxx

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:34:29 AM

maybe an additional exchange meanwhile voting for mintpal: poloniex

https://poloniex.com/faq

(24-hour Volume: 420.623 BTC)
SimkoMiner

Activity: 925
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:39:05 AM

Let me share my today's finding. Today I have reinstalled Catalyst drivers from 13.12 to 14.14 on a PC where I have Sapphire R7 260x. The speed increased from previous 8,6Mh to 10,15Mh that is cca 18% speed improvement. I have uninstalled previous drivers with "Display driver uninstaller" in a safe mode so that new drivers can be installed in a clean way. Link for display driver uninstaller, very good tool -> http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

Then I have tried to re-install newest drivers 14.4 also on another rig with 280x and 290 but no speed improvement. However in this case I haven't used display driver uninstaller as the machine is on remote site and I can't go to safe mode. Can somebody please try to make clean install of Catalyst drivers to version 14.4 using display driver uninstaller and let us know if you experienced speed improvement on 280x or 290?
auy

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:33:18 AM

https://bittrex.com
Developers can contact this website

Trading this transaction is also great

SO not only focus on MINTPAL
ITchangeWorld_Java

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:37:28 AM

One thing I'd like to know is what is happening with the BTC generated from the IPO, to me that should go to mintpal voting
cayars

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:59:10 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 11:31:15 AM by cayars

maybe an additional exchange meanwhile voting for mintpal: poloniex

https://poloniex.com/faq

(24-hour Volume: 420.623 BTC)

Poloniex was contacted yesterday.  Waiting to hear back.

https://bittrex.com
Developers can contact this website

Trading this transaction is also great

SO not only focus on MINTPAL

Nice, I've never used this exchange before. Don't think I've ever seen the website before.  I'll check it out and contact them.
EDIT: OOPs sorry, this exchange was contacted and they responded back.  I'm putting together the info they requested except for one piece of info I do not have:
Official blockchain explorer
cayars

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:02:16 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 01:57:08 PM by cayars

+Voted ---> 148

#233 with 164 votes
edit: #229 with 170 votes
edit: #225 with 175 votes
cayars

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:09:17 AM

One thing I'd like to know is what is happening with the BTC generated from the IPO, to me that should go to mintpal voting

Would not do anything for us.  Only took in 2.346 BTC.  A small portion was used to put us over the edge at cryptoaltex.com to get us on the first exchange.

We only have 164 votes on MintPal right now and the top spot is 21885 votes.  21885-164=21721 x 0.001=21.721 BTC needed.
auy

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:29:05 AM

Mintpal voting mechanism is not accurate, many top are not trading market

But the other platform large trading volume on his initiative

So you can't use the first name to judge
SimkoMiner

Activity: 925

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:26:29 PM

MNR is currently most traded coin on CryptoAltex. We brought some life into this exchange finally! :-) It's very little volume comparing to other exchanges but at least this is good signal for bigger exchanges that this coin has some potential and might become hit of this summer together with other "asic-resistant coins" like x11 or groestl.

Don't forget to vote on Mintpal, everybody at least 10 votes everyday please Smiley. We might never reach the top but at least we will show how strong and determined this MNR community is. In order for Mintpal/Cryptsy to notice us we should be first get listed on several other medium size exchanges like Bittrex and Poloniex and generate some significant volume there first (20-40 BTC/day). This will attract new miners and traders and snowball effect would come next.

Does anybody remember when and how HVC was added to Mintpal? I have feeling that HVC never reached first position on the voting list but was added anyway.

cayars

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:31:56 PM

HVC was never voted into MintPal.  MintPal added them directly which is what I'd love to see happen here.
I'm working on a post that will cover this which I'll post in a few minutes.
cayars

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:13:52 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 03:27:54 PM by cayars

Some thoughts:

I've heard back from a couple of bigger exchanges.  I've outright asked them if they would directly add MNR to the exchange without going through normal voting processes. What their internal policy is, what they look for etc.  Most important what they don't like about MNR right now that would keep them from directly adding us to the Exchange.

Here are some of the results put in my own words:
1) Viability of coin (uniqueness of coin, timeline, coins minted, age of coin) - no issues from this except we are "young" and less then a week old
2) Active Devs and Active Community - only makes sense.  We could use more involvement as a whole but I think we are active
3) Current trade volume - makes absolute sense.  If they see a coin being actively traded on other exchanges then they would want a piece of the pie.
4) Stability of selling price - eluded to the fact that the higher the buying price the more they are interested.  Again makes sense.
5) Security of network/Pools, etc - Epic Fail
6) Official blockchain explorer (do we have this working yet)?

Some "Exchanges" are scams that only want BTC to get listed. - We don't need these exchanges anyway

We are only 7 days old. Happy 1 week birthday. Smiley  
We are on one small exchange at the moment which is fine considering were only 7 days old. Price of MNR has not stabilized to where it should be at a minimum yet.  People are still selling to low and under valueing MNR.  This is just a matter of time and the market will sort this out correctly.

#3 I've mentioned this before.  People are selling MNR to cheaply.  You can mine another coin at present. Sell it, move btc to CrypotALTex and purchase MNR. You can get more MNR this way for now.  This also helps to drive up the price of MNR and creates more volume. When you can no longer do this then we've hit the point where MNR is valued at a proper minimal price!!!

#5 on the list above is a killer.  In a nutshell almost all of the hashing rate of MNR is done through 1GH.  Can't say I blame anyone for this as 1GH is great but it's REALLY, REALLY bad for MNR's long term success and for getting on a larger exchange.
We have three pools that can be used. Ideally we should have no pool with over 40-45% or so of total hash rate.  I think it's pretty obvious that some have tried moving to SN or Nonce but due to the lower hash rate get "stuck" waiting on a block and get discouraged.  Then you point your rigs right back to 1GH where the MNR flows steady. Smiley

What I was thinking (any other suggestions are certainly welcome) is that if we could make a concerted effort to get many people to switch at about the same time (at least same day) then we would move enough hash rate at one time that no one would feel the burden of running/mining at a smaller pool.  Right now 1GH has about 14GH on it.  If we could start by moving about 4GH to another pool that should be enough to get the ball rolling and keep the blocks being found at a good pace so no one would get discouraged.

I'd be happy to coordinate this via PM or the forum:
1) If you would be willing to do this please post your MNR hash rate
2) If you would prefer to remain (forum anonymous) in this venture feel free to PM me your hash rate and we'll list it as "anonymous"
3) We'll keep a running tally here in the forum until we have enough contributed hash rate to make the move

I'll start:
#1 cayars 92MH
#2 braxx 55 MH
#3 chango 70MH
3783 to go
chango

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:56:07 PM

Hey cayars,

great post Smiley I am currently pointing 70MH to 1gh, but I would gladly use some extra 100MH to secure the network if there is a way to solo mine for amd cards. I am trying to look into it but I am a noob and don't have the time to review the code in depth to try to fix it myself at the moment Undecided .

Also I am not using nonce because I was getting less hashrate in the dashboard compared to 1gh maybe is just a display issue, anyone tested using both and getting the same number of coins ?.

Another thing, just was looking cryptoaltex and someone dumped over my a small buy I had at 3800 but the closed price for the buy was 3000 and they gave me back some btc, so apparently they do not match the listed price like mintpal but maybe they match the sell at the price you write in, I remember cryptorush did the same thing. Better be careful trading there and do not dump or buy at a higher rate than listed :p.

Cheers!.

Edit: Yes I can confirm Cryptoaltex doesn't match the orders correctly, I just sold 1 MNR at 1000 and was matched with the last buy order instead of the first one.

:p.
braxx

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:08:51 PM

less then 70 votes needed for top 200 on mintpal...

KEEP VOTING
cayars

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:22:51 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 02:38:35 PM by cayars

Hey cayars,

great post Smiley
Thanks, I'm trying  Wink
I am currently pointing 70MH to 1gh, but I would gladly use some extra 100MH to secure the network if there is a way to solo mine for amd cards. I am trying to look into it but I am a noob and don't have the time to review the code in depth to try to fix it myself at the moment Undecided .

Also I am not using nonce because I was getting less hashrate in the dashboard compared to 1gh maybe is just a display issue, anyone tested using both and getting the same number of coins ?.
I think you'll find Nonce just as good as solo mining if not better.  They currently have 0% fee so you aren't giving up anything.  You'll get the "power" of additional miners working with you to solve blocks faster.  Overall you should make the same amount.  Nonce (so does 1GH) fluctuate on reported hash rates on their websites.  Nothing to worry about. Typically 1GH and Nonce are on the money if you average what you see over time.  SN on the other hand always shows a much higher hash rate then you are doing, which also means their network hash rate is also much lower then reported.  Putting the website displays aside, all three pools are paying out the proper amount over time compared to your submitted shares.  At least that is what I have found when comparing to the statistical expected rate you should earn.  Honestly the only reason I can think of to mine MNR in solo mode is to avoid the pool fee and if the pool fee is already ZERO then you don't really gain much.

But as you already know, you will need to modify cgminer to solo mine.

Another thing, just was looking cryptoaltex and someone dumped over my a small buy I had at 3800 but the closed price for the buy was 3000 and they gave me back some btc, so apparently they do not match the listed price like mintpal but maybe they match the sell at the price you write in, I remember cryptorush did the same thing. Better be careful trading there and do not dump or buy at a higher rate than listed :p.

Cheers!.

Edit: Yes I can confirm Cryptoaltex doesn't match the orders correctly, I just sold 1 MNR at 1000 and was matched with the last buy order instead of the first one.

:p.
I noticed something similar myself but wasn't sure about it.  Now that someone else has mentioned it I guess I'm not losing it. Smiley
What I have been doing at CryptoALTex in purchase/buying mode is select each transaction and only purchase what is being sold.  I might need to do 3 to 5 transaction to to purchase enough MNR for the BTC I have on hand but this way I don't overpay either.

chango, can we add you to the list for 100MH?
chango

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:09:32 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 03:45:54 PM by chango

Add me with 70MH I will keep the rest to mine something more profitable and buy later.

Edit: The reason I want to mine solo is because I do not trust the pools, even if they are not stealing, someone could be cheating. The fact that I can't solo mine is a big issue for me even if it is not for nobody else, I started to record my progress, so far I have found 8 blocks:

3*75 + 5*50 = 425 MNR.

I have been paid by 1gh since I started recording 304 MNR. if we think that 1 of the blocks might have been orphaned when solo, then the pool is still under by ~ 70 coins, this without counting the block I found at nonce and got only 8 coins for it. So maybe it is just variance, but so far I am not so satisfied with the pools performance I will give it a couple of more days and see if it improves.

Cheers!.

Edit2: I was typing and found another block.... I feel that I am spending all my luck at the pool xD.
cayars

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:55:20 PM

Are you running these tests at the same time or did you test solo first then 1GH?

I ask because we recently switched from a reward of 75 MNR per block to 50 MNR per block (after block 4000).

In general it's never a good/valid test to run one, then another test back to back.  Things change.

What you want to do instead is a "split test" where you test things simultaneously.  This will account for difficulty/global hash rate changes, block reward difference, etc

Simply try and split your mining power as close to 50% as possible between two sources.  Run tests for a few days at minimal (much longer if soloing).
Then take the MNR earned from each source and divide it by the hash power (in MH) you put on that source.
This will give you MNR per MH for each source and it will make it easy to determine which is more profitable.

With solo mining or mining at a pool with low hash rate, luck comes into play more then anything else.  If you happen to test when blocks are found faster then normal you would get the impression you make more at that pool. If blocks are found slower (dumb luck) then you would infer you make less at that pool.  However, if you tested for say 7 days at the same time (split testing) you would probably find the results are almost exactly the same.

The good thing about running at a pool is that is an orphan block is found it is no where near as devastating to you as you only "suffer" a small percent.  On the other hand if you are solo mining and get an orphan block you suffer the full wrath.

Different strokes for different fokes. But in general once the coin is launched at difficulty has risen to reasonable levels there is usually no point in solo mining when you can get a steady flow of coins from a pool which to most people is more rewarding. Again statistically shouldn't matter but it's a psychological thing.
chango

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:08:15 PM

Are you running these tests at the same time or did you test solo first then 1GH?

I ask because we recently switched from a reward of 75 MNR per block to 50 MNR per block (after block 4000).

I am counting the blocks I found mining at 1GH vs the money I get from them, so every time I find a block I add that to the amount I would have received if I am solo mining, not sure if this is a correct way to measure, but since I can't solo I can't run the test in parallel, I assumed that in the long run if I find 100 blocks for the pool, I should get ~ 100*block reward coins.

Yes I accounted the 75 to 50 change I found 3 block before the block reward was reduced.

Cheers!
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:14:22 PM

Some thoughts:

I've heard back from a couple of bigger exchanges.  I've outright asked them if they would directly add MNR to the exchange without going through normal voting processes. What their internal policy is, what they look for etc.  Most important what they don't like about MNR right now that would keep them from directly adding us to the Exchange.

Here are some of the results put in my own words:
1) Viability of coin (uniqueness of coin, timeline, coins minted, age of coin) - no issues from this except we are "young" and less then a week old
2) Active Devs and Active Community - only makes sense.  We could use more involvement as a whole but I think we are active
3) Current trade volume - makes absolute sense.  If they see a coin being actively traded on other exchanges then they would want a piece of the pie.
4) Stability of selling price - eluded to the fact that the higher the buying price the more they are interested.  Again makes sense.
5) Security of network/Pools, etc - Epic Fail
6) Official blockchain explorer (do we have this working yet)?

Some "Exchanges" are scams that only want BTC to get listed. - We don't need these exchanges anyway

We are only 7 days old. Happy 1 week birthday. Smiley  
We are on one small exchange at the moment which is fine considering were only 7 days old. Price of MNR has not stabilized to where it should be at a minimum yet.  People are still selling to low and under valueing MNR.  This is just a matter of time and the market will sort this out correctly.

#3 I've mentioned this before.  People are selling MNR to cheaply.  You can mine another coin at present. Sell it, move btc to CrypotALTex and purchase MNR. You can get more MNR this way for now.  This also helps to drive up the price of MNR and creates more volume. When you can no longer do this then we've hit the point where MNR is valued at a proper minimal price!!!

#5 on the list above is a killer.  In a nutshell almost all of the hashing rate of MNR is done through 1GH.  Can't say I blame anyone for this as 1GH is great but it's REALLY, REALLY bad for MNR's long term success and for getting on a larger exchange.
We have three pools that can be used. Ideally we should have no pool with over 40-45% or so of total hash rate.  I think it's pretty obvious that some have tried moving to SN or Nonce but due to the lower hash rate get "stuck" waiting on a block and get discouraged.  Then you point your rigs right back to 1GH where the MNR flows steady. Smiley

What I was thinking (any other suggestions are certainly welcome) is that if we could make a concerted effort to get many people to switch at about the same time (at least same day) then we would move enough hash rate at one time that no one would feel the burden of running/mining at a smaller pool.  Right now 1GH has about 14GH on it.  If we could start by moving about 4GH to another pool that should be enough to get the ball rolling and keep the blocks being found at a good pace so no one would get discouraged.

I'd be happy to coordinate this via PM or the forum:
1) If you would be willing to do this please post your MNR hash rate
2) If you would prefer to remain (forum anonymous) in this venture feel free to PM me your hash rate and we'll list it as "anonymous"
3) We'll keep a running tally here in the forum until we have enough contributed hash rate to make the move

I'll start:
#1 cayars 92MH
#2 braxx 55 MH
#3 chango 70MH
3783 to go

I think the pool operators are also to blame in this regard.  The reason I (and I suspect a lot of others) use 1GH is because of the P2Pool style setup they have which does not require registration or workers to be setup.  If you have multiple rigs this is a big time saver.  For most coins I use a P2Pool server for the same reason (less work for me).  If someone is going to the effort to setup a pool I don't understand why they don't just make a P2Pool or use a 1GH style setup.  If they did people like me would be more likely to switch.  At the moment I just can't justify fiddling around with settings for each of my miners.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: