Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:23:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What are your thoughts on changing Mjollnircoin fundementals ?
I want to see MNR go full PoS - 7 (18.4%)
I want to see MNR go hybrid PoS/PoW - 15 (39.5%)
Please do not change anything, keep it PoW - 13 (34.2%)
I have no idea - 3 (7.9%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mjollnircoin - MNR - Ultra-secure, Fast Transactions & ASIC resistant  (Read 80135 times)
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 11:33:00 PM

Im currently on the fence between just staying with Pow and maybe doing a compromise and go hybrid 90-95% like cayars was saying ..

Id like for us to have a bigger footprint and do a better job with awareness and getting our coin out there.. It sucks that bittrex has such a hefty price tag on the sponsored coin slots.. Good lo, im in the wrong business!

Soul_eater_123 mentioned colored coins and in game currency.. amongst other things, I think those are good ideas, if we can get in touch with game devs and give them an incentive to use mnr ...

The repeat payment system and merged mining were a few other things that stood out for me.. I think that would be a good step in the right direction as well as having an easy way to spend like Cayars was saying. If we dont get in enough peoples ear in terms of getting mnr out there to the masses, we surely arent going to get the attention of retailers. We need mobile wallets asap, for ios and android with qrcode/sms support.

If we cant get the big retailers to come to us the we need to target their smaller competitors so maybe we should have tools for merchants for platforms like wordress maybe in the form of a plugin so anyone with a wordpress site can install and sell their goods for MNR easy!

Another thing we can take advantage of that was mentioned is sponsors for athletes.. My friends brother is a UFC fighter and as an example all fighters have a banner  pre fight thas displayed in the ring and gets some good air time as they announce each fighter. I would love to see MNR coin on some a banners!  Example below!!

Here is some random ufc fighter with said banner behind him right before the fight.. Imagine a big MNR COIN sign right in the middle!

As with alot of things in life there are winners and losers but gambling generally brings no benefits outside of netting a balance for the winning party. It would be nice if we approached it with maybe a system that auto donate 5-10% of winnings to breast cancer foundation or something that can really make an impact .. Maybe we can rotate foundations and target multiple sclerosis, alzheimer's, autism, and cancer! If we can get the pros to outshine the cons then maybe it will be more palatable.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hamer-xx

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:03:49 AM

It's obvious that Brokkir is not the best at marketing...

We need more dev and marketing power behind Mjollnircoin to keep things going forward and maintain a positive atmosphere in the community / more action than talk!

Soul, I agree with most things you have posted, but there is one point, the most important one of all (or maybe two Smiley)

We need a definite plan with deadlines and proper drive behind it or we will end up another forgotten coin.  This requires proper leadership as well as proper PR management - 2 things that I am sorry to say have been lacking so far.

We need a definite document defining what the current plans for MNR are and we need them ASAP within a week if possible -   How awareness will be raised, utility increased, value will be built into the currency etc.  

I hope Brokkir have time and motivation to keep up with the work ( to implement some of the ideas discussed in the thread during the past 2 days )

Soul_eater, I appreciate all your hard work (twitter promotion,bittrex...) and dedication to making Mjollnircoin more attractive for other users/traders
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:31:56 AM

Cayars, Hamer xx - great ideas guys and thanks for your input.

I love the idea of using someone like a UFC/MMA fighter like NAUT did.  Cayars maybe your brother's friend might be interested in sponsorship - could you ask him?  I think Brokkir still has some bounty MNR left and we could raise more if required.  I also think the donations to charity from gambling would also be a good idea.  Given the ethical issues involved it might be best to go for a gambling addiction charity (if they accept it).

Hamer, thanks for spotting those main points amongst the rest of the stuff - I tend to be quite verbose, but yes we need proper direction and leadership.  Now is the time to step up and take action rather than sitting back.  Just see what Patrick has done with Vericoin and you can see how important this is.

I will continue to try to think of other ideas to raise the profile and please also do the same.  If we all work on it we can make this work:)
iwzsce

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:25:45 PM

dev:
    too few people;too few mine pool;too few trading platform.How is this development?Please let me know!!!!
mjollnircoin (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:06:53 PM

Thanks everyone for your valuable input!

In retrorespect, going to the Bittrex Exchange has put Mjollnircoin in danger, the buy volume is not great enough to keep up with mine & dump that is happening now from a handful of miners
and buy volume is decreasing. Like Cayars says, we have to get out of the specific altcoin market - the bull/bear market for traders.

Considering this, I think that we should sharpen the arrows for a continued Marketing campaign while development implements features we feel should have the highest priority

I like very much Zedicus idea of sponsoring in sports; There is still plenty of coins in the Vault and some people here also have offered to donate more, should the need arise. I'm sure it will funtion like a Good Luck Charm for the figher who wears Mjollnir

Also, today I received a template to organize a betting game for the Worldcup in Brazil, but you know that running these types of things is not my spearpoint but I'm not allergic for these kinds of jobs.

What we could do for Marketing:
  • Marketing materials (flyers,banners,etc)
  • Organize (betting) contests for sport games or other MNR games
  • Sponsorship e.g. Sports, Stars, Celebrities, Artists
  • Create physical Mjollnircoin (maybe through a fundraiser such as https://www.startjoin.com/physvericoin)

Considering Development, I have seen some great ideas that merit further study, Soul Eater already summarized them in a previous post and I am actively researching a couple of them.

But I agree with Cayars that all effort should go into Easy of Use, improving the usability and utility of Mjollnircoin up to a point where it can be used as a currency

Logically, I think that that makes Mobile development a high priority for Mjollnircoin from my perspective (as a developer)

Soul Eater also suggested a development plan or, if you will, a roadmap. I am fine with defining a global roadmap but announcing features as specific milestones for specific dates  is another trap we should not fall into; Beeing late on a long awaited feature is something that actively hurts the coin's credibility

Last, I do not believe in classical leadership as in a process of social influence where one person enlists the aid or support of others to accomplish tasks.

What we are doing now is more transformational and in iterations:
  • develop challenging and attractive vision with everyone who participates in MNR
  • identify achievements and develop strategy
  • develop vision and translate to actions
  • express confidence, decisiveness and optimism about the vision (and implementation)
  • realization in small iterative steps for small successes

What we could use is someone's personality and traits to articulate and energize our visions, as a moral exemplar.

As a next thing, I would like to call everyone for an IRC meeting where we can structure our short to medium term goals and priorities.
I will be in later today if you want to chat about something, preliminary we can set the meeting date for Monday or Tuesday 23:00 CEST if that's a good time for you
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:24:28 PM

In retrospect, going to the Bittrex Exchange has put Mjollnircoin in danger, the buy volume is not great enough to keep up with mine & dump that is happening now from a handful of miners
and buy volume is decreasing. Like Cayars says, we have to get out of the specific altcoin market - the bull/bear market for traders.

I think you're missing the point here.  Saying that being on Bittrex is putting the coin in danger is like worrying about a paper cut on your finger when you have a severed limb squirting blood all over the place. 

The reason for low prices and buy volume is because there is not enough awareness of the coin, not enough to give it greater value than the pack and general lack of development or progress.

The big focus on mining, the Hefty algorithm etc, is a big mistake. 

The very people you want to get interested to increase utility and usefulness of the coin don't give a damn about those things. Neither do they care if the coin is mineable through POW or not. 

You will never eliminate pumps/dumps but as long as there is strong continuing development that is clear and well communicated the coin will bounce back and rise to new heights - just look at Vericoin and Nautilus.  Also this is why I was so keen on POS only with a Multipool paying in MNR - this would immediately create demand for the coin and stabilise price, with constant buy pressure.

Soul Eater also suggested a development plan or, if you will, a roadmap. I am fine with defining a global roadmap but announcing features as specific milestones for specific dates  is another trap we should not fall into; Beeing late on a long awaited feature is something that actively hurts the coin's credibility

Unfortunately in the real world definite plans and milestones are expected.  That's why they need to be realistic and also why their accomplishment needs to be taken seriously.  Without dates and milestones people tend to lose confidence and start to believe that they are not being seriously worked on.  It is because not fulfilling plans can be detrimental that makes them so effective and creates pressure to fulfil them.  If there are delays for legitimate reasons and this is properly communicated it is not a major set back.  The problem has been that in many cases developers have failed to communicate adequately about delays and/or have given weak reasons for them.

Last, I do not believe in classical leadership as in a process of social influence where one person enlists the aid or support of others to accomplish tasks.

That's lovely but we do not live in a utopian society where this is respected or indeed useful.  We need strong leadership and direction.  If you cannot provide it then you should find somebody who can otherwise we will end up with a coin that is based on good intentions but never gains any traction and dies a slow pointless death.
mjollnircoin (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:43:04 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 05:57:35 PM by mjollnircoin

In retrospect, going to the Bittrex Exchange has put Mjollnircoin in danger, the buy volume is not great enough to keep up with mine & dump that is happening now from a handful of miners

I think you're missing the point here.  Saying that being on Bittrex is putting the coin in danger is like worrying about a paper cut on your finger when you have a severed limb squirting blood all over the place.  

The reason for low prices and buy volume is because there is not enough awareness of the coin, not enough to give it greater value than the pack and general lack of development or progress.

The big focus on mining, the Hefty algorithm etc, is a big mistake.  

The very people you want to get interested to increase utility and usefulness of the coin don't give a damn about those things. Neither do they care if the coin is mineable through POW or not.  

You will never eliminate pumps/dumps but as long as there is strong continuing development that is clear and well communicated the coin will bounce back and rise to new heights - just look at Vericoin and Nautilus.  Also this is why I was so keen on POS only with a Multipool paying in MNR - this would immediately create demand for the coin and stabilise price, with constant buy pressure.

Soul Eater also suggested a development plan or, if you will, a roadmap. I am fine with defining a global roadmap but announcing features as specific milestones for specific dates  is another trap we should not fall into; Beeing late on a long awaited feature is something that actively hurts the coin's credibility

Unfortunately in the real world definite plans and milestones are expected.  That's why they need to be realistic and also why their accomplishment needs to be taken seriously.  Without dates and milestones people tend to lose confidence and start to believe that they are not being seriously worked on.  It is because not fulfilling plans can be detrimental that makes them so effective and creates pressure to fulfil them.  If there are delays for legitimate reasons and this is properly communicated it is not a major set back.  The problem has been that in many cases developers have failed to communicate adequately about delays and/or have given weak reasons for them.

That's lovely but we do not live in a utopian society where this is respected or indeed useful.  We need strong leadership and direction.  If you cannot provide it then you should find somebody who can otherwise we will end up with a coin that is based on good intentions but never gains any traction and dies a slow pointless death.

Maybe there is some miscommunication, but Mjollnircoin is not just for a mining audience. It is only intended to be mineable with consumer hardware and the choice for HEFTY is another discussion. The point is also not with the Exchange (as it is not a problem for development to get de-listed)

Through Marketing we will increase awareness of the coin and I agree with you that a multi-pool can help to increase buy pressure

Mjollnircoin should be made attractive for the non technical user; Easy to use payment system for Mobile devices - That is a start

I don't see how exactly you disagree with my position on not setting specific dates for specific features; My point there is we currently have only one developer with limited available time. To do this corporate style, with milestones, (internal) release dates, you know - a full blown product development - we would need to be able to spent full time on this, to set dates for large scale features we need to know how much time we can allocate. But that's not our current environment; The best we can do is to agree on a specific set of features for the next few releases and bump the major version when a milestone is reached. Not when the timer alarm rings. When I develop alone, everything is sequential. If there's another task to do, it will take my time from development.

Also, I am not sure exactly what defines strong leadership, hopefully not the narcistic dominant type that relies on authority to get the plans realized.

The direction is what we will plot out; Not by me solo but by everyone here. The purpose of the IRC meeting is to define and prioritize the action list for the ideas envisioned

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:13:02 PM

Through Marketing we will increase awareness of the coin and I agree with you that a multi-pool can help to increase buy pressure

It's pointless having a multipool whilst POW is still ongoing.  It can only work if there is a full transition to POS.  The great thing about it is that it stabilises price and buys time for further development.

Mjollnircoin should be made attractive for the non technical user; Easy to use payment system for Mobile devices - That is a start

Absolutely I agree.

I don't see how exactly you disagree with my position on not setting specific dates for specific features; My point there is we currently have only one developer with limited available time.

We need definite dates as targets.  Which is exactly why we need more people on the team, rather than just having a one man show.  That is too much for one person to carry.

Also, I am not sure exactly what defines strong leadership, hopefully not the narcistic dominant type that relies on authority to get the plans realised.

It's not easy to define and there is a fine line between a good strong leader and a dictator but some people are better than others.

The direction is what we will plot out; Not by me solo but by everyone here. The purpose of the IRC meeting is to define and prioritise the action list for the ideas envisioned

Fair enough but trying to get more than a couple of people on IRC is tricky and it's even more difficult having a conversation between more than two people as it can get confusing.
sunmaoipo

Activity: 120

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:44:04 PM

Market determine success or failure, there is no money to survive a space-based participation that people recognized. If you are unable to get recognized by most people, all the other noble plans are not established. Just when many people participate in them, have a basis for further development, and other great programs. fouz.............................................
mjollnircoin (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:52:18 PM

It's pointless having a multipool whilst POW is still ongoing.  It can only work if there is a full transition to POS.  The great thing about it is that it stabilises price and buys time for further development.

Absolutely I agree.

I don't see how exactly you disagree with my position on not setting specific dates for specific features; My point there is we currently have only one developer with limited available time.

We need definite dates as targets.  Which is exactly why we need more people on the team, rather than just having a one man show.  That is too much for one person to carry.

Also, I am not sure exactly what defines strong leadership, hopefully not the narcistic dominant type that relies on authority to get the plans realised.

It's not easy to define and there is a fine line between a good strong leader and a dictator but some people are better than others.

The direction is what we will plot out; Not by me solo but by everyone here. The purpose of the IRC meeting is to define and prioritise the action list for the ideas envisioned

Fair enough but trying to get more than a couple of people on IRC is tricky and it's even more difficult having a conversation between more than two people as it can get confusing.

The multi pool would not mine MNR directly, it would have to mine something else and sell that to buy MNR (automatically), I'm not sure how it is pointless while PoW is still ongoing; On higher difficulty, you would expect a higher reward for the smaller miner. But I can be wrong, I am not into the mining business.

I agree getting everyone to IRC is difficult, but it will help to speed things up

There is a big need for more active participants; especially on the subject of Marketing and Recruitment ... More developers would be great, but is less of an issue at this point in time.

mjollnircoin (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:56:23 PM

I have drafted an Agenda for IRC http://www.heypasteit.com/clip/1FGE

If possible on such short notice, we can meet monday 23:00 CEST (or please suggest a better date/time between 19:00 and 01:00 CEST)

If everyone could just PM me their regular online times, I can put it in a table and find the best time

Everyone, if you like to add something, please do. PM me the subject and I'll add it to the Agenda or just tell it here in the forum

If you want to get your hands dirty on any of the issues you are most welcome to attend
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:14:42 PM

The multi pool would not mine MNR directly, it would have to mine something else and sell that to buy MNR (automatically), I'm not sure how it is pointless while PoW is still ongoing; On higher difficulty, you would expect a higher reward for the smaller miner. But I can be wrong, I am not into the mining business.

You are not wrong technically but running a Multipool and POW simultaneously is counterproductive.  That's why it hasn't been done.  There are lot's of reasons for this and I'm sure I can't cover all of them but it will cause confusion as to how people should mine whether direct or via the MP.  It will also lead to wild swings in difficulty and hashrate as people switch between the two methods depending on which provides more coins.  Whilst overall it may eventually stabilise the amount of confusion caused will likely harm MNR.  There is also the fact that continuing POW will psychologically give the impression of coins flooding the market.

I still do not understand this major attachment to POW/direct mining of MNR.  I understand you like the HEFTY algorithm but it's not worth throwing everything else away over.  Most multipools run other algorithms such as X11 which also have low power use.  Those that want to mine can still mine via a multipool.  Those that want to buy can still buy.  The coin total doesn't need to change.  All you are doing is changing the way new coins are added and creating buy support with a multipool.

However, if everyone is wedded to the idea of proof of work, another idea might be to alter the block rewards system to dynamically adjust according to the value of MNR.  For example using the rate of change downwards to choke coin supply and prevent the market being flooded with cheap coins.  This would be a very bold move and would instantly attract the interest of investors which is also important in the short to medium term for a currency.
mjollnircoin (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:53:59 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 09:07:33 PM by mjollnircoin

You are not wrong technically but running a Multipool and POW simultaneously is counterproductive.  That's why it hasn't been done.  There are lot's of reasons for this and I'm sure I can't cover all of them but it will cause confusion as to how people should mine whether direct or via the MP.  It will also lead to wild swings in difficulty and hashrate as people switch between the two methods depending on which provides more coins.  Whilst overall it may eventually stabilise the amount of confusion caused will likely harm MNR.  There is also the fact that continuing POW will psychologically give the impression of coins flooding the market.

I still do not understand this major attachment to POW/direct mining of MNR.  I understand you like the HEFTY algorithm but it's not worth throwing everything else away over.  Most multipools run other algorithms such as X11 which also have low power use.  Those that want to mine can still mine via a multipool.  Those that want to buy can still buy.  The coin total doesn't need to change.  All you are doing is changing the way new coins are added and creating buy support with a multipool.

However, if everyone is wedded to the idea of proof of work, another idea might be to alter the block rewards system to dynamically adjust according to the value of MNR.  For example using the rate of change downwards to choke coin supply and prevent the market being flooded with cheap coins.  This would be a very bold move and would instantly attract the interest of investors which is also important in the short to medium term for a currency.

I think that Hybrid PoS / PoW has some support, but changing to full PoS seems to be too radical a change (in this small user-base)

At first sight I like your new idea for a variable block reward system that is tied to the exchange rate. But it raises some questions;
How exactly would the clients agree on the exchange rate in order to calculate the block-reward and can we allow a block reward value of 0 ?
It maybe possible by looking at the historical data, so all clients can 'read' the exchange rate periodically, at a constant frequency.

But it seems this requires some kind of central authority; In this case the exchange platform that relays us the exchange rate ... Mjollnircoin would have to believe this exchange rate at face value and trust the exchange not to manipulate the coin (which can be a symbiotic relationship)

If there is a problem that the market is getting too flooded, we can review the planned block reduction and introduce it earlier as an alternative too (increasing the time that mjollnircon mines out)

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:45:33 PM

I think that Hybrid PoS / PoW has some support, but changing to full PoS seems to be too radical a change (in this small user-base)

The smaller the user base is the easier it is to implement.  The handful of people who are mining it now can't sustain this coin.  Full POS is the simplest solution and now would be the right time to do it before the coin gets any bigger.

At first sight I like your new idea for a variable block reward system that is tied to the exchange rate. But it raises some questions;How exactly would the clients agree on the exchange rate in order to calculate the block-reward and can we allow a block reward value of 0 ?

I would call this a Price Based Rewards System (PBR).

You would collate data from more than one exchange like CoinMarketCap does. So there would be no central authority.  You would propagate the value through the blockchain in the same way that solved blocks are agreed on and transmitted.  Whoever calculates the value of x (with x being the mean exchange value) first has the value to use for calculation of the next block and so on.  

Note: I'm thinking here from a mathematical standpoint.  As I've said before my training is basic sciences and not programming, so whilst I understand mathematical and cryptographic principles I don't know how to translate that into computer language or code or indeed how much work it entails.  From a human standpoint it is pretty simple but I suspect it is more complicated getting a computer to do it all.

Also you don't need a block reward of 0, 1 might be low enough.  I think this is something that would need refinement over time (I don't think testing in private would give enough data) but starting with something like a range of 1-50 would be acceptable.  

The more difficult (though not too difficult) issue would be creating a formula to calculate the adjustment.   Now this would probably be more easy to program, the hard part is coming up with an algorithm that is fair and effective.  This would probably be another situation where actual use in the real world would provide data for further refinement.

The basic methods I was thinking of was to either use an absolute value based system (which would be much easier to implement) vs. a rate of change or gradient based system which would be slightly more complicated requiring a calculation from a certain number of previous values of x.  

The absolute system would require more assumptions with for example predicted values for the price of MNR at certain stages and how close the current value of x was to it.  This value would also need to be periodically reviewed to account for market conditions etc.  The other point to consider would be that the system would be designed to restrict downward pressure on price and not upward pressure, although some mild restriction of upward pressure might reduce the effect of deliberate pumps and this could be added at a later stage.

Like I said solution 2 (PBR) is a lot more ambitious, complicated, difficult to implement, and most importantly unproven when compared to the POS only w. Multipool method.

Note that PBR could also be implemented to calculate interest for POS too.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:53:10 PM

Also in relation to something like the above it might be useful to get the opinion of someone like Bryce Weiner.
cayars

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:54:51 AM

I don't see how exactly you disagree with my position on not setting specific dates for specific features; My point there is we currently have only one developer with limited available time. To do this corporate style, with milestones, (internal) release dates, you know - a full blown product development - we would need to be able to spent full time on this, to set dates for large scale features we need to know how much time we can allocate. But that's not our current environment; The best we can do is to agree on a specific set of features for the next few releases and bump the major version when a milestone is reached. Not when the timer alarm rings. When I develop alone, everything is sequential. If there's another task to do, it will take my time from development.

I think the only thing we need to do is decide which items should be say top 2 or 3 items.  Decide what item is #1 and if you have the ability work on it (or anyone else volunteering to do some programming).
I think the most we should ask of you is how much of the implementation you have done which is SWAG.

For example if mobile wallet was selected number one and we decided it should be android first then the most we should ask if a rough completion status.  Could be 20% this week, 35% next week. Nothing the week after as you have other then in life to deal with. Maybe 50% the week after that...

No timelines per say. Just realistic progress is all anyone needs to know. Not how much time is being put in per day/week. This isn't a paid job and you have no obligation to take on anything more then keeping the coin rolling and working as designed!

From IRC all we need to do is have a good talk to define important things that should/could get done.  Narrow it down to a few and pick the top 2 or 3 we as the community would prefer.  You then pick/choose from the top selected based on your own criteria of (comfortability, knowledge, how long it might take, etc).

I get screwed up everything time I try and do CEST times.  What would that be EST? (NY time)? Smiley

Carlo
juampybarea

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:00:42 AM

I would like to help MNR with Spanish spoken markets and countries. I'm from Argentina so I can very easy spread every new announcement, tools, developments or whatever happens on MNR world Smiley

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:36:54 AM

I get screwed up everything time I try and do CEST times.  What would that be EST? (NY time)? Smiley

CEST is 6 hours ahead of you (EST) because it's one hour ahead of me (UK time).

I think the only thing we need to do is decide which items should be say top 2 or 3 items.

I think this is probably a better idea until we have more members of the team to help Brokkir out (then we can look at implementing deadlines).  Also even then the deadlines should be estimates not set in stone.

Also forgot to mention I'm pretty much free most evenings at the moment (UK time).  So am happy to go with whatever time everyone else agrees on.  The other thing is guys I have a tendency to be a bit dominating in messages etc so if you feel I'm being too forceful or dominating just tell me - sometimes I don't realise:)
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:38:02 AM

I would like to help MNR with Spanish spoken markets and countries. I'm from Argentina so I can very easy spread every new announcement, tools, developments or whatever happens on MNR world Smiley

That would be awesome.  We definitely need to get non-English speakers on board:)
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:02:02 PM

Pools, hash rates and miners
pool
24h Ghash/s
delta %
% of network
workers
delta %
rate/miner
fee %
payout
     1gh
RBPPS
     noncepool
PPLNS
     suprnova
PROP
MjollnirCoin Pools: hash rate % of network
MjollnirCoin Pools: hash ratesMjollnirCoin Pools: workersMjollnirCoin Pools: hash rate/worker
All pools currently listed.

Block progression and luck
pool
7d Ghash/s
% of network
7d blocks
% of network
7d luck %
3d luck %
24h luck %
     1gh
     noncepool
     suprnova
     residual
MjollnirCoin Pools: block progress over hash rate
Higher hash rates (vertical axis) typically result in more blocks found (more dots along horizontal axis).
Density of dots is indicative of luck - closer together is greater luck, further apart is lower luck.
Luck is a ratio between % of blocks found and % of network hashrate claimed and should ideally hover around 100%.
MjollnirCoin Pools: blocks found last 24hMjollnirCoin Pools: 7-day luck

Mining and pool takes (indicative, not authoritative)
The previous day, 732 blocks with an average reward of 50 MNR were found on the network for a total of 36,650.32 MNR distributed.
At an average network hash rate of 8,886Ghash/s, a miner having 1Ghash/s would have earned approximately 4,118.99 MNR (minus pool fees),
that could be traded for BTC0.0864987804 ($53.87)
pool
24h blocks
fee %
MNR take
BTC
$USD
     1gh
     noncepool
     suprnova
MjollnirCoin Exchange rate
Market cap: 2,266,700MNR | BTC47.6 | $29,645

1gh Top hash distribution profile
1gh top (Mhash/s)
Top 10
Top 100
Total
Mean
Median
% of pool
% of network
MjollnirCoin Pool '1gh', top workers hash rate distribution

Like these Stats Posts? Donate MjollnirCoin: METCGJeKpyjr73KHDwo9k2jWe3J5s97rt7

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: