Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:41:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Marinecoin. Sex Lies and Videotape. Truth, scandal or scam. Thoughts?  (Read 4253 times)
pandacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:31:28 PM

You talk to yourself, so funny. Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arteleis (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:39:37 PM

Uh no.  We are two different people.
  Does anyone have any way of verifying ips or something?

To recap this thread.  I asked you guys for input on the subject, so far i hear

Fruitcakes
Scam
Lunatic
Multiple personalities LOL
Bullys/monsters
Mystery...

Only one valid point, about the code has come up.  The rest seems.to be made by kindergarten trolls.  Its fun to troll but not why i am hear.
  Interested in supporting the coin further and finding out the other half of all your so far useless and speculative trolls.
   Asked for any info.  Not just trolls.  But thats what this forum mostly is.  Trolls driving price on exchanges up and down. Haha cmon troll.harder kiddies.  Give me something that will actually change my mind about marinecoin, not just piss in my face.

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 08:42:38 PM

A list of 'real' Micronations - https://wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_micronations

Though this one seems a bit like New Utopia: http://www.new-utopia.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-CFz9kYBJI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syujTp5m5Vk   Cheesy

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
marine4u

Activity: 673
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:47:04 PM

I cant seem to find much writing about marinecoin on this forum.
   If anyone has any links to threads or thoughts on the subject, id love to hear em. 

I am the developer, what do you want to know about Marinecoin?
contact me from the website.
you can't get facts on the threads, this is the usual spot for slanderers.

Yep im on the site forum for marine coin.  And i believe i have the facts correct.  It is a utopian dream.  But is also.strange that so many 'slanderers' as youve mentioned exist in the forums are not ripping the idea to shreds.
   Premines scare people because it puts the power in the hands of the devs.. but as the site says.  Built in mutual trust.  Which is the only way it could work.
  We've all learned our lessons which the country coins and airdrop coins to find they are worthless as the airdrop.is immediately cashed in on the exchanges.
    I have a feeling if marinecoin is honest, this idea will work and all of the dreamy/cultish idealism can be strangely but logically possible.
    Just was wondering what the general public outside of the marinecoin site was thinking.

Okay understand, you can always invest in an other coin, the devs have the power no matter what, premine or not, they can diminish your investment to 0 if they have the intent you don't need pre-mine for that, but it all comes down to intent, also How are you going find a Dev who will work for you for free or based on ridiculous donations for the next 10-15 years to make things happen, Marinecoin is designed in a way that it is able to pay salaries to of the line professionals in their respective fields and outsource what ever its needed to stay ahead the curve without looking at the sticker price. 1 year later %75 of all devs will throw the towel the rest will follow soon after, I will be here we will talk later.

Yep i hear ya. Without premines, there is no money to manage the coin and all the salaries incorporated with having a proper dev team.

One fellow did bring up an interesting point about old litecoin code.  I am not a developer (or you as others have implied haha) but i have noticed the pos revolution taking off and now seeing things like proof of transaction, proof of resource, proof of transaction, proof of risk etc..
  Any plans with marinecoin to develop code to move forward with the rise of technological advance we are seeing?
   I think pos and pot are great ideas and would like to see that ability for marinecoin in the future.

You POS the Dev just enough to pay his rent and see what type of service you will be getting in return, What marinecoin is talking about is corporation level development mostly in merchant integration.
Honestly I don't see any technological development I look at their code time to time which they call revolutionary, yeah what ever.
For a non-programmer it may seem something tangible is being developed, but every programmer on this forum knows its just a few more lines of code with couple of functions which will most probably come with many flaws and broke other things in the process, we are not seeing any substantial development,
another fact is that how much development is really necessary to move one number from one wallet to the other wallet? The banks with all their resources all they do is move numbers from one bank account to the other, technological development claims are overrated and almost came to a point now are used as a scam.
marine4u

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:49:06 PM

You are not so smart I tell you.
pandacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:51:23 PM

You are not so smart I tell you.

Relax, I know who you are. Your other accounts are already banned. Wink
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:54:22 PM

If anyone has any links to threads or thoughts on the subject, id love to hear em. 

Yep im on the site forum for marine coin.  And i believe i have the facts correct.  It is a utopian dream.  But is also.strange that so many 'slanderers' as youve mentioned exist in the forums are not ripping the idea to shreds.
   Premines scare people because it puts the power in the hands of the devs.. but as the site says.  Built in mutual trust.  Which is the only way it could work.
  We've all learned our lessons which the country coins and airdrop coins to find they are worthless as the airdrop.is immediately cashed in on the exchanges.
    I have a feeling if marinecoin is honest, this idea will work and all of the dreamy/cultish idealism can be strangely but logically possible.
    Just was wondering what the general public outside of the marinecoin site was thinking.

Okay understand, you can always invest in an other coin, the devs have the power no matter what, premine or not, they can diminish your investment to 0 if they have the intent you don't need pre-mine for that, but it all comes down to intent, also How are you going find a Dev who will work for you for free or based on ridiculous donations for the next 10-15 years to make things happen, Marinecoin is designed in a way that it is able to pay salaries to of the line professionals in their respective fields and outsource what ever its needed to stay ahead the curve without looking at the sticker price. 1 year later %75 of all devs will throw the towel the rest will follow soon after, I will be here we will talk later.

Yep i hear ya. Without premines, there is no money to manage the coin and all the salaries incorporated with having a proper dev team.

One fellow did bring up an interesting point about old litecoin code.  I am not a developer (or you as others have implied haha) but i have noticed the pos revolution taking off and now seeing things like proof of transaction, proof of resource, proof of transaction, proof of risk etc..
  Any plans with marinecoin to develop code to move forward with the rise of technological advance we are seeing?
   I think pos and pot are great ideas and would like to see that ability for marinecoin in the future.

You POS the Dev just enough to pay his rent and see what type of service you will be getting in return, What marinecoin is talking about is corporation level development mostly in merchant integration.
Honestly I don't see any technological development I look at their code time to time which they call revolutionary, yeah what ever.
For a non-programmer it may seem something tangible is being developed, but every programmer on this forum knows its just a few more lines of code with couple of functions which will most probably come with many flaws and broke other things in the process, we are not seeing any substantial development,
another fact is that how much development is really necessary to move one number from one wallet to the other wallet? The banks with all their resources all they do is move numbers from one bank account to the other, technological development claims are overrated and almost came to a point now are used as a scam.

I believe the whole point of marinecoin is to use that premine money to pay people such as yourself to help in development to make it better.
   And yeh.. centralized cryptocurrency..  ill be signing up for a cryptovisa 100% and will take my banking there if and when they gain credibility.
   There is a voting system and many plans to develop what would look to be a democratic FED which yes is a utopian dream but also a possibility.  I havent ruled.this coin out yet because the dev who writes on the site actually seems to believe in such a radical idea and has devoted his life to it.
    If it is an apartment.. there is nothing wrong.with that. All great things start with being humble.
If i knew how to code i would be donating my time in hopes that this utopian idea succeeded.

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:01:08 PM

This was so cool, from:

to this:

The market cap is not 'faked'.  It is actually 100% accurate based on total and available supply amounts and value.
  And yes, every coin has a tactic on driving up the price of the coin.  That is the game.  By controlling the influx of coins in the market and having the availability to supply rare mineable coins to the public, it actually creates a brilliant plan for a constant state of growth.

As far as intimidation/bullying/evil monsters? Sorry is there any examples of this? I have definitely seen it before with other coins developers being ripped to shreds on forums and going back to cry in their hole..  but again i have seen little activity about marine coin other then short unexplained subjective quotes. 

Thanks for any info!

Inside less than a page.

Guy really should learn how to get the sock off his hand consistently.

The more I hear about Marine, the more facepalm.....I'm used to some lunacy in the alt-world, but this is next level.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
marine4u

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:02:33 PM

I believe the whole point of marinecoin is to use that premine money to pay people such as yourself to help in development to make it better.
   And yeh.. centralized cryptocurrency..  ill be signing up for a cryptovisa 100% and will take my banking there if and when they gain credibility.
   There is a voting system and many plans to develop what would look to be a democratic FED which yes is a utopian dream but also a possibility.  I havent ruled.this coin out yet because the dev who writes on the site actually seems to believe in such a radical idea and has devoted his life to it.
    If it is an apartment.. there is nothing wrong.with that. All great things start with being humble.
If i knew how to code i would be donating my time in hopes that this utopian idea succeeded.

Premine can be calculated to be used for wide variety of things and services, example is merchant transaction fraud insurance between verified customer and merchant,

Right now we have plans to bail out our Cryptorush victims, where it now seems they will be getting BTC instead of their MTC from cryptorush, they will be presented the option to get their MTC from Marinecoin confiscated by Cryptorush if they don't like what they are offered by Cryptorush in BTC value.
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:07:11 PM

This was so cool, from:

to this:

The market cap is not 'faked'.  It is actually 100% accurate based on total and available supply amounts and value.
  And yes, every coin has a tactic on driving up the price of the coin.  That is the game.  By controlling the influx of coins in the market and having the availability to supply rare mineable coins to the public, it actually creates a brilliant plan for a constant state of growth.

As far as intimidation/bullying/evil monsters? Sorry is there any examples of this? I have definitely seen it before with other coins developers being ripped to shreds on forums and going back to cry in their hole..  but again i have seen little activity about marine coin other then short unexplained subjective quotes. 

Thanks for any info!

Inside less than a page.

Guy really should learn how to get the sock off his hand consistently.

The more I hear about Marine, the more facepalm.....I'm used to some lunacy in the alt-world, but this is next level.

yeah OP went from zero to marinecoin hero in 9 hours. 

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:19:09 PM

Proof of transaction i believe pays merchants for using the currency for their business. Proof of stake is just a nice interest builder for someone like me to keep his wallet open. Does this not add speed to the network? More active connections the better?

It seems a lot of these coins are being built by or on the etherum programming base.  Using the blockchain to its utmost potential. Messaging in wallets, contracts and corporations forged on the blockchain etc.

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:22:13 PM

Interested in supporting the coin further and finding out the other half of all your so far useless and speculative trolls.
   Asked for any info.  Not just trolls.  But thats what this forum mostly is.  Trolls driving price on exchanges up and down. Haha cmon troll.harder kiddies.  Give me something that will actually change my mind about marinecoin, not just piss in my face.

There is natural suspicion when new people seem pro anything in this forum. And in many cases, it's justified. I do admit it's suspcious that anyone would be pro-marine coin, and it does look bad since the dev has been known to spam and use sock puppets before.

But even dismissing that ... and even dismissing the giant premine, and the fact people are supposed to trust the dev. Simply look at the website --

'Designed to be the crypto standard for the next thousand years.'
'Marinecoin City Project, The Ultimate City for the Ultimate People.'
'The Maritime Tower, datacenter & central trading floor. NewYork City'

It reads like a bad infommercial. Either the developer is a scammer or clearly delusional .. or both. And the way the premine is set up, it basically games the market cap to make it look bigger than it really is. The key number to look at is volume. 24 hr volume of $2100. You can pick coins that nobody has heard of, with tiny market caps, that easily double that.
crunchynut

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:30:39 PM

and look at all the copy&paste when he talks with himself, only to let the other posts disappear on page #1.

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯

>>>>>> LAUNCHED: RAPECOIN - YOU CAN'T SAY NO TO THIS COIN <<<<<<

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:35:52 PM

There is natural suspicion when new people seem pro anything in this forum. And in many cases, it's justified. I do admit it's suspcious that anyone would be pro-marine coin, and it does look bad since the dev has been known to spam and use sock puppets before.

LOL  thank you!! Haha i was just about to ask what a sock puppet was.  Haha

[/quote]

It reads like a bad infommercial. Either the developer is a scammer or clearly delusional .. or both. And the way the premine is set up, it basically games the market cap to make it look bigger than it really is. The key number to look at is volume. 24 hr volume of $2100. You can pick coins that nobody has heard of, with tiny market caps, that easily double that.
[/quote]

Yes delusional perhaps but great dreams are born from delusions..  and is designed to have small markey growth to stabalize.the coin.
    Gotta look at the absolute idea of the thing.  It is truly genius in my opinion.  Maybe not the first and.last, but definitely still possibility.  Im pretty sure we'll be seeing this coin bounce around the marketcap for some time yet.

Think i am looking for validation on errors in the coin or even something more then one sided troll.chatter on a forum.. ha

Cmon give me something more.then this idea is too radical and the guy is probably insane. Thats just truth mixed with heresay

marine4u

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:36:37 PM

and look at all the copy&paste when he talks with himself, only to let the other posts disappear on page #1.

To make it clear to everyone some one started this thread, not me.
I am the developer, no one is talking to his or herself here.
I have just quoted and responded to some replies that I found worthy to clear things up.

Marinecoin Dev
marine4u

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:41:52 PM

Asked for any info.  Not just trolls.  But thats what this forum mostly is.  Trolls driving price on exchanges up and down. Haha cmon troll.harder kiddies.  Give me something that will actually change my mind about marinecoin, not just piss in my face.

LOL  thank you!! Haha i was just about to ask what a sock puppet was.  Haha

[/quote]

Yes delusional perhaps but great dreams are born from delusions..  and is designed to have small markey growth to stabalize.the coin.
    Gotta look at the absolute idea of the thing.  It is truly genius in my opinion.  Maybe not the first and.last, but definitely still possibility.  Im pretty sure we'll be seeing this coin bounce around the marketcap for some time yet.

Think i am looking for validation on errors in the coin or even something more then one sided troll.chatter on a forum.. ha

Cmon give me something more.then this idea is too radical and the guy is probably insane. Thats just truth mixed with heresay

[/quote]

Those are not delusions but Goals for the future,
the price will bounce in the near future there is a point at which it will not go lower, which is around Litecoin scrypt profitability level around 25 cents per MTC should be considered close to bottom, but it is very hard to get themin large amounts at those realistic prices because people have high expectations which I plan to deliver.
to make it more clear, my own personal mining rig will not allow the price drop lower than that 25 cent level.
crunchynut

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:44:42 PM

To make it clear to everyone some one started this thread, not me.
I am the developer, no one is talking to his or herself here.
I have just quoted and responded to some replies that I found worthy to clear things up.

Marinecoin Dev

if you could stop quoting yourself and talking to yourself, that'd be nice.

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯

>>>>>> LAUNCHED: RAPECOIN - YOU CAN'T SAY NO TO THIS COIN <<<<<<

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:47:11 PM

Well, it's your money. If you feel safe investing in delusions, be my guest. And yes, many coins and new inventions may have great dreams. But there is a difference between an achievable dream and downright nuttiness.

It probably will bounce around marketcap, but so what? Again, I stated to look at volume, not its fake cap number.

People actually aren't even trolling in this thread, much to my surprise. Almost everyone thinks the coin looks way too fishy, relies on a gigantic premine, and the dev is using infommercial-speak on his website. The title of your thread is truth, scandal or scam. We offered our thoughts... just because we think negatively of the coin it doesn't make people a troll.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:49:12 PM

Think i've made up my mind about investing in Marinecoin.  Grin

*kof* nutter *kof*

Why can both of the MC guys not use the quote feature properly?

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:56:50 PM

who knows if you're the developer, or a developer for another coin.  who the fuck cares.

you are likely a shill account, though. 

Asked for any info.  Not just trolls.  
 just becuase you don't agree with someone, doesn't mean they're trolling.  they disagree with your limited experience.

The market cap is not 'faked'... And yes, every coin has a tactic on driving up the price of the coin.  That is the game.  

Going by your own definition: Marinecoin is a troll.

Trolls driving price on exchanges up and down.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: