Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:11:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 [530] 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667225 times)
Brad_BCK

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:08:13 AM

Hey guys, I have a huge question to XMR promo team and their actions.

Could you answer why your PR agency publishes a very controversial press release with a confusing email at the bottom?
http://www.pressat.co.uk/releases/nys-45-days-to-exchange-your-bitcoin-for-monero-4a505fd85756055adbab096249001371/

Amazing!
Isn't it called scam to mislead the investors that your promo campaign is endorsed by Department of Financial Services?
This site is just a release distribution system.
Anyone can publish realease about everything. So I prefer not to trust such a information.

Could you answer why your PR agency publishes a very controversial press release with a confusing email at the bottom?
http://www.pressat.co.uk/releases/nys-45-days-to-exchange-your-bitcoin-for-monero-4a505fd85756055adbab096249001371/

Amazing!
Isn't it called scam to mislead the investors that your promo campaign is endorsed by Department of Financial Services?

That's nothing to do with us, we have not released any press releases. We can't control what other people do or force anyone not to do something.

Official releases are only here: monero.cc or there are a newssite you cooperate with?

And who is the official public person?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 09:15:49 AM

Anyone can publish realease about everything. So I prefer not to trust such a information.

Spot on - looks like they charge £110 for a submission.

Official releases are only here: monero.cc or there are a newssite you cooperate with?

If we release press releases it will only ever be on the website, and it would also be put on the sub-reddit and possibly to the OP in this thread.

The only people that can speak publicly for the Monero core team is the core team (in no particular order) - tacotime, eizh, smooth, fluffypony, othe, davidlatapie, NoodleDoodle.

If we were going to say anything particularly important or official or ask for major funds or do anything like that we would ALWAYS have a GPG signed confirmation of it so that you know that it is coming from us. My GPG key is on the GPG key servers and in the Bitcoin-OTC WoT, GPG fingerprint is 7455C5E3C0CDCEB9. All of our GPG keys will be included in the Monero source as well in future. If it is not accompanied by a GPG signed confirmation from us you can ignore it as not being official.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:16:44 AM

I understand that you want to engage more investors for your p&d coin but there are much more "fair" ways to do that.

Try reading the official response from core team member a few posts back. EDIT: and the further explanation one post back.

We had nothing to do with it.

End of story.
dzonikg28

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:22:36 AM

I have seriuos problem and i realy need help because i am out off ideas..i tryed everything  Angry

Last 7 days i cant send any coin from the wallet ..wallet normaly ascept coins i mine but just want send anything

when i try to send in wallet windows he says OK ..money send BUT ITS NOT

In block chain window says "some problem at write :An existing connection was forcibly closed by remote server"

I try to install wallet on another computers ..just copy wallet.bin.keys and wait to blackchain update ..but same sht..i done i 5 times allreadu and i just dont know what to do anymore...wallet.bin.keys is not corupt ..i copied to few other places when i created wallet and everything worked good until last week...WHAT TO DO..i thing that network has some bug..why i cant send coins from my wallet when i could until last week  Huh

▄▄██████▄
    ▄████████████▄
  ▄███▀  ▀███████▀  ▄▄
 ▄████      ▀▀▀   ▄███▄
▄████             ▀████▄
█████               ▀██▀
████▌  ███      ███
▀████   ▀▀      ▀▀
 ▀████▄    ▄▄▄▄      ▄█▄
  ▀█████▄   ▀▀    ▄█████
    ▀██████▄▄▄▄███████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄███▄▄
█████████████▄    ████  ▄████████▄    ▄███████████▄
█████▀    ▀████   ████  ███▀  ▀██▀   ████▀    ▀████▄
████        ████  ████  ▀████▄▄▄    ████        ████
████        ████  ████    ▀▀▀████▄  ████        ████
 ████▄    ▄████   ████  ▄██▄  ▄███   ████▄    ▄█████
  ▀██████████▀    ████  ▀████████▀    ▀█████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ████
                                                ████
                                                ████
.....MARKET DAY - MARCH 20TH 2023....Download Now .#...
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 09:27:46 AM

I have seriuos problem and i realy need help because i am out off ideas..i tryed everything  Angry

Last 7 days i cant send any coin from the wallet ..wallet normaly ascept coins i mine but just want send anything

In block chain window says "some problem at write :An existing connection was forcibly closed by remote server"

I try to install wallet on another computers ..just copy wallet.bin.keys and wait to blackchain update ..but same sht..i done i 5 times allreadu and i just dont know what to do anymore...wallet.bin.keys is not corupt ..i copied to few other places when i created wallet and everything worked good until last week...WHAT TO DO..i thing that network has some bug..why i cant send coins from my wallet when i could until last week  Huh

I wonder if you're not using an outdated wallet; did you get the Windows binaries from this OP?

Brad_BCK

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:35:52 AM

Spot on - looks like they charge £110 for a submission.

If we release press releases it will only ever be on the website, and it would also be put on the sub-reddit and possibly to the OP in this thread.

The only people that can speak publicly for the Monero core team is the core team (in no particular order) - tacotime, eizh, smooth, fluffypony, othe, davidlatapie, NoodleDoodle.

If we were going to say anything particularly important or official or ask for major funds or do anything like that we would ALWAYS have a GPG signed confirmation of it so that you know that it is coming from us. My GPG key is on the GPG key servers and in the Bitcoin-OTC WoT, GPG fingerprint is 7455C5E3C0CDCEB9. All of our GPG keys will be included in the Monero source as well in future. If it is not accompanied by a GPG signed confirmation from us you can ignore it as not being official.
Thank you.
Sure its up to you, but I recommend you to place this information to the OP in this thread and to the official site - to let people know how to communicate with you. And not to get scammed.
Too much scam in the cryptocurrencies world.
Brad_BCK

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:39:17 AM

BTW, why did someone create this release?
What for?
What is his goal?
dzonikg28

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:41:11 AM

I wonder if you're not using an outdated wallet; did you get the Windows binaries from this OP?
I use 0.8.8 from first page..just paste my wallet.bin.keys in same directory ..run bitmonero..wait until blockchain updates ..my coins are in wallet ..they come normaly from my miners but i cant send it ..everytime that problem at write even u tryed on 3 different computers

▄▄██████▄
    ▄████████████▄
  ▄███▀  ▀███████▀  ▄▄
 ▄████      ▀▀▀   ▄███▄
▄████             ▀████▄
█████               ▀██▀
████▌  ███      ███
▀████   ▀▀      ▀▀
 ▀████▄    ▄▄▄▄      ▄█▄
  ▀█████▄   ▀▀    ▄█████
    ▀██████▄▄▄▄███████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████
                                                ████
                                                ████
Quicken

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:51:27 AM

What for?
What is his goal?

Who knows. There are a lot of 'rival' coins like DRK and BCN that feel very threatened by Monero, and for good reason.

Beware the trolls/FUD'ers. Here's my current list from this thread:
Rinndaranaur
digitalninja81
titan86
Vilawil
HolyTrumpet
dNote
Hexah
Mumbles
Rias
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:51:55 AM

What for?
What is his goal?

To increase the value of their investment, why else!
Brad_BCK

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:41:08 AM

What for?
What is his goal?

Who knows. There are a lot of 'rival' coins like DRK and BCN that feel very threatened by Monero, and for good reason.

Beware the trolls/FUD'ers. Here's my current list from this thread:
Rinndaranaur
digitalninja81
titan86
Vilawil
HolyTrumpet
dNote
Hexah
Mumbles
Rias

Then why not to create a list and not to place it on the main page?  Roll Eyes

What for?
What is his goal?

To increase the value of their investment, why else!

Heh. I think about 1000 people max. saw this release. Also it is too optimistic. Maybe someone wanna to try to call and ask her several questions about an article: Virginia Pratt
(212) 709-1691 ;]]]]

dzonikg28

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:45:54 AM

▄▄██████▄
    ▄████████████▄
  ▄███▀  ▀███████▀  ▄▄
 ▄████      ▀▀▀   ▄███▄
▄████             ▀████▄
█████               ▀██▀
████▌  ███      ███
▀████   ▀▀      ▀▀
 ▀████▄    ▄▄▄▄      ▄█▄
  ▀█████▄   ▀▀    ▄█████
    ▀██████▄▄▄▄███████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████
                                                ████
                                                ████
Quicken

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:47:07 AM

Then why not to create a list and not to place it on the main page?  Roll Eyes

Perhaps because I don't have any control over the main page.  Roll Eyes
dreamspark

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:57:38 AM

Your issue is very strange, is that transaction ID found on monerochain.info? I attempted to find it but the screen shot pixelates the numbers too much to read the ID.
dzonikg28

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:05:52 AM

Your issue is very strange, is that transaction ID found on monerochain.info? I attempted to find it but the screen shot pixelates the numbers too much to read the ID.
it says ok ..even balance in wallet is down but no coin left the wallet..when i restart wallet it is again same balance ..i realy have no idea what else i can do..i trued from shratch on 3 different computers..its 5 days since all day i try ..i thing its some bug in network but i am just miner not programer

What does this "was forcibly closed by remote host" what is that host?  

▄▄██████▄
    ▄████████████▄
  ▄███▀  ▀███████▀  ▄▄
 ▄████      ▀▀▀   ▄███▄
▄████             ▀████▄
█████               ▀██▀
████▌  ███      ███
▀████   ▀▀      ▀▀
 ▀████▄    ▄▄▄▄      ▄█▄
  ▀█████▄   ▀▀    ▄█████
    ▀██████▄▄▄▄███████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████
                                                ████
                                                ████
dreamspark

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:09:09 AM

[snip]

My advice then would be to see if a dev is free for you to send your wallet to and see if they can make it work, I would happily do that for you but obviously I understand if you dont trust me.
dzonikg28

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:11:16 AM

it says ok ..even balance in wallet is down but no coin left the wallet..when i restart wallet it is again same balance ..i realy have no idea what else i can do..i trued from shratch on 3 different computers..its 5 days since all day i try ..i thing its some bug in network but i am just miner not programer

maybe you only need to refresh?
type "refresh" into simplewallet.exe
i refresh it zilion times and many times even wait blockchain to load from 0

▄▄██████▄
    ▄████████████▄
  ▄███▀  ▀███████▀  ▄▄
 ▄████      ▀▀▀   ▄███▄
▄████             ▀████▄
█████               ▀██▀
████▌  ███      ███
▀████   ▀▀      ▀▀
 ▀████▄    ▄▄▄▄      ▄█▄
  ▀█████▄   ▀▀    ▄█████
    ▀██████▄▄▄▄███████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████
                                                ████
                                                ████
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 11:54:45 AM

I don't know where you're sending it, but that transaction in the screenshot has gone through just fine:

http://monerochain.info/tx/2d7f6fbc5ef22f05cf6677d1d675c956f641e699109bc23d738f6be5bca3bc4a

dreamspark

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:03:42 PM

I don't know where you're sending it, but that transaction in the screenshot has gone through just fine:

http://monerochain.info/tx/2d7f6fbc5ef22f05cf6677d1d675c956f641e699109bc23d738f6be5bca3bc4a

Well done fluffy, my eyes are terrible  Grin
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:45:43 PM

Amazing!

NY government supporting Monero - it's awesome! Oh wait... it doesn't. Why would you go for such a cheap move? It's not professional marketing move at all.

I understand that you want to engage more investors for your p&d coin but there are much more "fair" ways to do that.

You and Rias have to be stupid to think that's from the Monero team, it's more likely our competitors wrote that to make us look bad.

You two are a joke, seriously, you redefine stupid.
Pages: « 1 ... 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 [530] 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: