Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:37:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 [531] 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667420 times)
Erik Goff

Activity: 261
Merit: 10

https://assetsplit.org/

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:30:42 PM

Monero passed darkcoin today on the coingecko.com ranking Smiley
6th position now (5 to go lol)

Well done everyone , to a bright future !

⚜⚜⚜  ASSETSPLIT ICO  ⚜⚜⚜
⚡⚡⚡Asset Split is the place to build shares of your valuables⚡⚡⚡
♻ ▬▬▬▬▬  Facebook ♦️️ Twitter ♦️️ Telegram ♦️️ Discord ♦️️ Bitcointalk   ▬▬▬▬▬ ♻

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rias

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:56:14 PM

Hey guys, I have a huge question to XMR promo team and their actions.

Could you answer why your PR agency publishes a very controversial press release with a confusing email at the bottom?
http://www.pressat.co.uk/releases/nys-45-days-to-exchange-your-bitcoin-for-monero-4a505fd85756055adbab096249001371/

Amazing!
Isn't it called scam to mislead the investors that your promo campaign is endorsed by Department of Financial Services?

That's nothing to do with us, we have not released any press releases. We can't control what other people do or force anyone not to do something.

Edit: also, there is no "XMR promo team". There is the core team, whose job is to advance XMR primarily from a technical perspective. There are contributors, who are almost entirely devoted to either contributing code to Monero, or to building related projects. We have neither the time, the money, nor the time to do ANY sort of promoting at this stage. In future when we have achieved a modicum of maturity and ease-of-use, sure, but right now it would be wasted effort.

That's very convenient position, I must admit. If you're not standing behind this press releases, than who does? Why could it came out the same day as XMR markets on Poloniex? Just a coincidence?

I may be totally wrong, but the story with this article stinks for me. I highly doubt that XMR is already that noticable to make some random people create fake press releases targeted at investors.
Vanderi

Activity: 283

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:01:27 PM

Could you answer why your PR agency publishes a very controversial press release with a confusing email at the bottom?
http://www.pressat.co.uk/releases/nys-45-days-to-exchange-your-bitcoin-for-monero-4a505fd85756055adbab096249001371/

Amazing!
Isn't it called scam to mislead the investors that your promo campaign is endorsed by Department of Financial Services?

That's nothing to do with us, we have not released any press releases. We can't control what other people do or force anyone not to do something.

Edit: also, there is no "XMR promo team". There is the core team, whose job is to advance XMR primarily from a technical perspective. There are contributors, who are almost entirely devoted to either contributing code to Monero, or to building related projects. We have neither the time, the money, nor the time to do ANY sort of promoting at this stage. In future when we have achieved a modicum of maturity and ease-of-use, sure, but right now it would be wasted effort.

That's very convenient position, I must admit. If you're not standing behind this press releases, than who does? Why could it came out the same day as XMR markets on Poloniex? Just a coincidence?

I may be totally wrong, but the story with this article stinks for me. I highly doubt that XMR is already that noticable to make some random people create fake press releases targeted at investors.

It could actually be an attempt at trying to hurt the coin as it still is in its infancy and does not need, or even make us of, such promoting at this point. Who the fuck knows.
One thing is for sure, your hate is pure, bro. Never stop.
Rias

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:03:15 PM

BTW, why did someone create this release?
What for?
What is his goal?

Who knows. There are a lot of 'rival' coins like DRK and BCN that feel very threatened by Monero, and for good reason.

Beware the trolls/FUD'ers. Here's my current list from this thread:
Rinndaranaur
digitalninja81
titan86
Vilawil
HolyTrumpet
dNote
Hexah
Mumbles
Rias

Then why not to create a list and not to place it on the main page?  Roll Eyes

I'm being trolled by 2 sock puppet accounts, how nice.

Quicken - Newbie - Activity: 21
Brad_BCK - Newbie - Activity: 28

I do think that XMR team does marvellous job on promoting Monero. I do respect the core team.
However, I raise crucial questions (and if we take e.g. botnet issue it should have bothered you too, if you were a real user). And I really don't like it when people brag too much.

If that is what's required to be make it to the first post of XMR thread, it will be a great honor.
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:04:25 PM

Amazing!

Oh I dunno wise guy, maybe even the guy who added the XMR markets  Roll Eyes

Could be busoni for all you know or any others of the few people who knew it was going to happen. Fact is it wasn't the core dev team( you must have missed the part where they dont actaully hold that much XMR).

What about this guy https://twitter.com/BitcoinAnalyst/status/492305967795544064

What about all the whales who have been buying it up over the last few months or the big miners, fact is you look asinine trying to pin this on the "XMR promo team", firstly because there isnt one and secondly because the devs have said time and time again they dont want to do any marketing until the core of the project is refactored, usable and stable. Simple.

You keep reffering to the promotion that the XMR team does but there really isn't any promotion coming from the XMR team.
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:08:39 PM

some crap

You post crappy FUD. You don't ask relevant or interesting question, you are an obvious stupid hater and you troll very very badly. You're not even good at it, seriously. I hope nobody's paying you to discredit XMR, because the way you do it, that would be 100% wasted money.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
coinfinder000

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

Swipe

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:13:19 PM

Monero passed darkcoin today on the coingecko.com ranking Smiley
6th position now (5 to go lol)

Well done everyone , to a bright future !
Congratulations! I'll hold my coins for long time investment.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
Rias

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:14:22 PM

amazing text

You post crappy FUD. You don't ask relevant or interesting question, you are an obvious stupid hater and you troll very very badly. You're not even good at it, seriously. I hope nobody's paying you to discredit XMR, because the way you do it, that would be 100% wasted money.

Do you really want to discuss it here? Nice!
Could it somehow be that the reason I'm bad at trolling is that I'm not trying to troll? Can't I express my real opinion instead? Is it prohibited by XMR core team? Is it the target for newbie bot accounts to discredit freedom of speech (not pointing at you currently)?
Quicken

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:29:04 PM

Quicken - Newbie - Activity: 21

I do think that XMR team does marvellous job on promoting Monero. I do respect the core team.
However, I raise crucial questions (and if we take e.g. botnet issue it should have bothered you too, if you were a real user). And I really don't like it when people brag too much.

If that is what's required to be make it to the first post of XMR thread, it will be a great honor.

LoL. Who's bragging?

I'm just an independent investor and I have placed a good chunk of savings in XMR as a medium/long term investment. The reason? I think the base technology, fair emission system, community, and development team warrant that investment. I am also mining XMR in my own modest way.

Yes, I haven't posted much here because firstly XMR was the first Cryptocurrency I decided to invest in, second I have only been here 6 weeks and 3rd I spend more time reading than posting as I am still learning. Most of my posts are questions. However, I do read every post.

My Fudder/Troll list is based on complete lack of constructive input to the thread. Congratulations for making it on there.
Quicken

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:38:38 PM

Below is an example of a typical Rias FUD post. I will stop feeding the troll now.

[snip]

Thanks to the XMR devs the payments are order of magnitude faster at losing user's money. So lol.

Rias

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:39:22 PM

I could go on into counter-trolling you, mr. bot operator.

However, I deeply apologize for this offtopic and will depart.
kbm

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:44:09 PM

amazing text

Do you really want to discuss it here? Nice!
Could it somehow be that the reason I'm bad at trolling is that I'm not trying to troll? Can't I express my real opinion instead? Is it prohibited by XMR core team? Is it the target for newbie bot accounts to discredit freedom of speech (not pointing at you currently)?

What can be done to make you happy?

-The underlying software is being worked on
-The price is just fine, and liquid
-People come here and post every day
-Word is spreading every day

. . .and you make a point to overexaggerate anything that can be used as an edge .. you're literally the first person in line with a pitchfork and a torch at the drop of a hat.

You make an illogical assumption that the developers have released a press release that totally makes them look scummy (literally nobody on the dev team would logically do this IMO - but you'd know that if you talked to a couple of them a little bit), after you flip out over literally two characters in code. Monero is shaping up to be something nobody thought it could have been three months ago and things seem insanely tense because of that .. but what more do you want?

Do you really think that someone on the dev team would go and release that right after this was said in a coin source article?

Quote from: Coins Source
Is a negative response towards anonymous currencies from governments and law enforcement a threat to Monero? How will Monero respond to criticism of anonymity?

David – First by not being anonymous if you don’t want to. Monero is private by default, optionally transparent (just like cash!) – the details of individual transactions, or even of an entire wallet, can be revealed publicly or privately. Plus, the developpers are publicly accessible. You can Google my name and the French and South Africa governments could knock at our door if they need someone to talk to. We play fair with everyone, governments included.

Or are you just looking for something to rage about? Really, what do you want out of this?

Thanks Smiley
Brad_BCK

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:56:00 PM

Heh. Forum status doesn't mean anything. I do not like this forum cuz too much scammers, bots and trolls here.
I post in this thread only because I am interested in trading with XMR.
And this thread is the only place in the internet where I can get feedback from XMR users.
Am I right?

I just said my opinion about an "article".
I did not even try to troll you.
If you do not like my posts just ignore me.
Rias

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:02:22 PM

And going back to the strange press release on Monero.

You keep reffering to the promotion that the XMR team does but there really isn't any promotion coming from the XMR team.

How come? David Latapie (core team member) mentions the following in his recent interview: http://www.coinssource.com/monero-interview/

We hired marketing agencies to spread the word

Or should I believe that this interview was also fabricated by some random community members?  Huh
kbm

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:16:44 PM

And going back to the strange press release on Monero.

How come? David Latapie (core team member) mentions the following in his recent interview: http://www.coinssource.com/monero-interview/

We hired marketing agencies to spread the word

Or should I believe that this interview was also fabricated by some random community members?  Huh

A news article about Monero from a reliable source, with an interview from someone from the dev team .. who will admit to having the interview? Must be fabricated by the community! The horror!

Thanks Smiley
Brad_BCK

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:21:46 PM

BTW this is the 3rd page, where we discuss this article...

Its creators got what they wanted to get.
Today everyone in this thread saw this article.

eizh

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:44:04 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 03:59:54 PM by eizh

Rias, that is not from any of us. I wonder how you just happen to have a URL for something so obscure and clearly fake.

In any case, I'm delighted that trolls care enough to make fake press releases. But this one is a little too transparent. In the future, try to aim for more realism so that at least some might fall for it.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:21:43 PM

It is anonymous for those who want, transparent for those who want (like regulators)

http://www.coinssource.com/monero-interview/

This is a scary thing to read. The jack of all trades will always be the master of none. Any one who makes transparent transactions reduces the anonymity of all other participants or forces them to pay a higher cost to regain the same level of protection. It imposes externalities on other actors. Anyone who wants transparent transactions can just go use bitcoin, there is no need to have a single network that does both when we have 2 networks, where each does one of the two. I hope this sentiment is not echoed by too many on the dev team.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:21:49 PM

All can vote for Monero here;
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568166.0

or you can vote for StealthCoin   Grin
dga

Activity: 737
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 04:39:13 PM

It is anonymous for those who want, transparent for those who want (like regulators)

http://www.coinssource.com/monero-interview/

This is a scary thing to read. The jack of all trades will always be the master of none. Any one who makes transparent transactions reduces the anonymity of all other participants or forces them to pay a higher cost to regain the same level of protection. It imposes externalities on other actors. Anyone who wants transparent transactions can just go use bitcoin, there is no need to have a single network that does both when we have 2 networks, where each does one of the two. I hope this sentiment is not echoed by too many on the dev team.

Actually, that's an interesting bigger-picture question.

Is the network stronger if an anonymous technology is used for all transactions, where a fraction of them are deliberately made transparent;

or is the network stronger if BTC is used for transparent transactions and XMR/BBR/foo is used only for anonymous transactions?

My concern about the latter is guilt-by-association.  We know, for example, that the NSA archives permanently all encrypted data, but (publicly says) that it does not retain certain classes of unencrypted data.

One or two anonymous transactions per minute may be much more easily traced via traffic analysis than 1000 anonymous transactions per minute mixed together with 10 deanonymized transactions.  This is based, admittedly, on the assumption that people who don't carefully ask the question of whether they want anonymity will default to BTC.

Pages: « 1 ... 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 [531] 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: