Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:45:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667061 times)
btell

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:58:06 PM

Guys, does anybody know why XC is rising on Poloniex (not price only, but volume too), second day already? I look at their thread, and see last post Jun 29.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=600706.6100

WTF not Monero?

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:12:20 PM

Guys, does anybody know why XC is rising on Poloniex (not price only, but volume too), second day already? I look at their thread, and see last post Jun 29.

WTF not Monero?

That thread is locked...lmao

The real xc thread is moderated.

Reason is because Monero doesnt have an official GUI yet. There are GUI wallets you can use, but they're not the "official"  monero gui wallet.

DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:14:39 PM

WTF not Monero?

you got a pm
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:15:28 PM

You need to look at this other thread instead:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=630547.0

I'm hopeful that the senior members here would kindly deliver one of their interesting analysis, addressing the potential threat from XC. I'm not knowledgeable enough on the privacy implementations to discern an advantage here or there. The major downside with XC, for me, is that a) I don't hold any, and b) it's already turned PoS only.

Cheers,
~Myagui

darkota

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:20:16 PM

You need to look at this other thread instead:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=630547.0

I'm hopeful that the senior members here would kindly deliver one of their interesting analysis, addressing the potential threat from XC. I'm not knowledgeable enough on the privacy implementations to discern an advantage here or there. The major downside with XC, for me, is that a) I don't hold any, and b) it's already turned PoS only.

Cheers,
~Myagui

I've looked at XC for a while....it simply uses coinjoin and calls that "anonymity". And that is considered laughable..Read Gmaxwell's posts, he  is the creator of coinjoin, and has said himself that it is not anonymous, even the slightest bit of taint when mixing and it would be possible to discover who sent what and where.

All coinjoin does is mix transactions around, that's it, it shouldn't be considered anonymity.
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:27:27 PM

Reason is because Monero doesnt have an official GUI yet. There are GUI wallets you can use, but they're not the "official"  monero gui wallet.

I seriously doubt that. I think it's already priced in. People are not so dumb to value the currency completely differently if there is "official" on the name of the GUI or not.
To me it's like mintpal, everybody was like "it will skyrocket", but in fact this was completely integrated in the price already.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 09:29:50 PM

Extreme Pool

Extreme Pool has updated its Monero pool to the latest code!  Enjoy

http://mro.extremepool.org
http://www.extremepool.org

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
monero (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 134

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:38:21 PM

Monero Missives

July 6th, 2014

Hello, and welcome to our fifth Monero Missive!

Major Updates

1. fluffypony had a great time discussing Monero at the Bitcoin Supernode Conference in Estonia. Many thanks to rpietila for hosting him and all attendees.

2. Work on the academic peer review of the CryptoNote whitepaper is slowly starting to move away from an academic platform and on to the code itself, to determine whether the reference implementation correctly implements the whitepaper. Before that happens, though, a summary of the initial findings will be published. We are expecting this to be completed this coming week.

3. Transaction auto-splitting is now in the main codebase. To explain our methodology: the main github repo will always be "active development", and may contain code that will be reverted or is not fully tested. For those that are brave and want to test and contribute to development, it is the ideal starting point. However, on an ongoing basis we are going to create tagged releases, whereby when a group of new features have been fully tested, a new release can be tagged, and binaries can be put out (along with the code on the github tag, of course). Expect this change to start taking effect within the next 4 weeks.

4. We'd like to apologise for not finalise the GUI bounty - everyone has been a little scattered this week. We will resolve this in its entirety within the next 48 hours!

Dev Diary

Core: daemonizing changes are ready for testing: https://github.com/mikezackles/bitmonero/tree/daemonize

Core: rpcwallet is ready for testing: https://github.com/tewinget/bitmonero/tree/rpcwallet

This Missive is a little light on major updates (well, we can't have something major every week;) primarily because there has been lots of plotting and planning this week. As always: you can keep up to date with the nitty-gritty on IRC in #monero-dev on Freenode if you're interested.

Until next week!

- updated by fluffypony
strangewildthing

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2014, 09:42:51 PM

ExtremeHash
www.extremehash.com
99.99% Uptime | Super Advanced Pool | Multiple Servers | 1+ MH/s
0% fee

We're growing! Come join in the hashing party now!

btell

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:59:20 PM

Core: rpcwallet is ready for testing: https://github.com/tewinget/bitmonero/tree/rpcwallet

When do you plan to release Monero binaries with rpcwallet? Approx.?

This Missive is a little light on major updates (well, we can't have something major every week;) primarily because there has been lots of plotting and

Please make instructions to migrate from 32-bit to 64-bit Monero sticky at 1st page of the thread - just for newbies. I had migrated and feel fine with Monero's 64-bit executables stability under Windows!
ltcnim
Legendary

Activity: 914
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 10:16:47 PM

ExtremeHash
www.extremehash.com
99.99% Uptime | Super Advanced Pool | Multiple Servers | 1+ MH/s
0% fee

We're growing! Come join in the hashing party now!

I now tried a few times on the irc channel, but nothing happened so far:

can you please send me my remaining balance for addr.

4A6dz63kfnEPDzefMU51Y1AcbwmsdyxH1aAyKLVF5KigTMzfK824zM7SZ276pWzR7MNQwd8Suwv34a6 Ju9gQGztCT5TNgXk

thanks..

Mumbles

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:22:21 PM

Wow, so lame! I am pretty much thinking at this point that the "dev team" is not capable of progressing much on this. Four weeks and still analyzing the white paper?! WTF.

No major progress in the last two weeks? This is sick.

Monero Missives

July 6th, 2014

Hello, and welcome to our fifth Monero Missive!

Major Updates

1. fluffypony had a great time discussing Monero at the Bitcoin Supernode Conference in Estonia. Many thanks to rpietila for hosting him and all attendees.

2. Work on the academic peer review of the CryptoNote whitepaper is slowly starting to move away from an academic platform and on to the code itself, to determine whether the reference implementation correctly implements the whitepaper. Before that happens, though, a summary of the initial findings will be published. We are expecting this to be completed this coming week.

3. Transaction auto-splitting is now in the main codebase. To explain our methodology: the main github repo will always be "active development", and may contain code that will be reverted or is not fully tested. For those that are brave and want to test and contribute to development, it is the ideal starting point. However, on an ongoing basis we are going to create tagged releases, whereby when a group of new features have been fully tested, a new release can be tagged, and binaries can be put out (along with the code on the github tag, of course). Expect this change to start taking effect within the next 4 weeks.

4. We'd like to apologise for not finalise the GUI bounty - everyone has been a little scattered this week. We will resolve this in its entirety within the next 48 hours!

Dev Diary

Core: daemonizing changes are ready for testing: https://github.com/mikezackles/bitmonero/tree/daemonize

This Missive is a little light on major updates (well, we can't have something major every week;) primarily because there has been lots of plotting and planning this week. As always: you can keep up to date with the nitty-gritty on IRC in #monero-dev on Freenode if you're interested.

Until next week!

- updated by fluffypony
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:38:08 PM

Wow, so lame! I am pretty much thinking at this point that the "dev team" is not capable of progressing much on this. Four weeks and still analyzing the white paper?! WTF.

You are more than welcome to contribute your coding skills. Otherwise, STFU and/or GTFO. Moron!  /sorry, but so sick of morons here lol. :\

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
darkota

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:39:40 PM

They're doing this the right way. In real life, people that work for corporations take their time and apply fixes, they don't rush through things and give half arsed "solutions"

Would you rather have half arsed work that cause major problems down the road? Or rather have well done, professional solutions applied for today and with the future in mind?
cyberdonger

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:41:00 PM

Yes, I'm wondering how these people make it to the end of the bed in the morning. Every day I must demand field-leveling advancements that encompass redefining reality itself.

To settle for anything less means that the developers are completely incompetent and lazy. We should clearly all get torches and start a witch hunt.

Seriously, if you're planning on developing this coin you'd best make sure you hand me a million bitcoins first because I took all the risk here by mining and investing in your open-source coin. Then you can ask me for permission to develop this open-source software, because I felt forced to giving you my infinitely valuable attention.

Only after all of my demands have been met will I even consider allowing you to grace my pristine presence in this thread all my like-minded peers, and I'll also think about allowing you to compile binaries for us to use in which I will continue to acquire infinite money and bitches.

If people aren't constantly forced to, at least once every single day, stop dead in their tracks and re-consider their place in the universe thanks to the incredible achievements of such beautiful minds as the Monero development team well I just don't know what I'd do.

Everything they do is horrible, it sucks, I hate it, the world hates it, clearly we should just complain to them until everything gets better....

...is what I would say if I were some kind of pompous assbag.
othe

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:43:51 PM

You are more than welcome to contribute your coding skills. Otherwise, STFU and/or GTFO. Moron!  /sorry, but so sick of morons here lol. :\

I couldnt say it better.

Heres a quote from Gavin Andresen (Bitcoin) which fits perfectly:
“Do not treat the core development team as if we were a commercial company that sold you a software library. That is not how open source works; if you are making a profit using the software, you are expected to help develop, debug, test, and review it.”

PS: We have around 4-5k+ (!) changes on all our branches combined the last weeks.

Check Neos latest Pull request here: https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/pull/58 "+4,490 additions −1,189 deletions + Files changed 52"

Hes prolly one of those Bytecoin fake accounts, so just ingnore.

statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:44:43 PM

Yes, I'm wondering how these people make it to the end of the bed in the morning. Every day I must demand field-leveling advancements that encompass redefining reality itself.

To settle for anything less means that the developers are completely incompetent and lazy. We should clearly all get torches and start a witch hunt.

Seriously, if you're planning on developing this coin you'd best make sure you hand me a million bitcoins first because I took all the risk here by mining and investing in your open-source coin. Then you can ask me for permission to develop this open-source software, because I felt forced to giving you my infinitely valuable attention.

Only after all of my demands have been met will I even consider allowing you to grace my pristine presence in this thread all my like-minded peers, and I'll also think about allowing you to compile binaries for us to use in which I will continue to acquire infinite money and bitches.

If people aren't constantly forced to, at least once every single day, stop dead in their tracks and re-consider their place in the universe thanks to the incredible achievements of such beautiful minds as the Monero development team well I just don't know what I'd do.

Everything they do is horrible, it sucks, I hate it, the world hates it, clearly we should just complain to them until everything gets better....

...is what I would say if I were some kind of pompous assbag.

Haha, nice post.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
btell

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:15:32 AM

Look at XC moderated thread for example, and you will consider what's actually WTF Smiley Closed source & censored discussion Smiley

If you can here - study a source and contribute a commit!
darkota

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:18:48 AM

Reason is because Monero doesnt have an official GUI yet. There are GUI wallets you can use, but they're not the "official"  monero gui wallet.

I seriously doubt that. I think it's already priced in. People are not so dumb to value the currency completely differently if there is "official" on the name of the GUI or not.
To me it's like mintpal, everybody was like "it will skyrocket", but in fact this was completely integrated in the price already.

You overestimate how dumb people are.

Any sort of news can send a coin skyrocketing or crashing in the world of cryptocoins... incase you haven't noticed.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:40:33 AM

Reason is because Monero doesnt have an official GUI yet. There are GUI wallets you can use, but they're not the "official"  monero gui wallet.

You overestimate how dumb people are.

Any sort of news can send a coin skyrocketing or crashing in the world of cryptocoins... incase you haven't noticed.

absolutely. if a full qt based wallet came out that wasnt' bug ridden, this coin would probably take off big, but thats just speculation of course. i do understand and fully back the technology behind it either way - this is NOT a btc clone, it's completely new and amazing! .. so i'm hodl'ing. Smiley

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Pages: « 1 ... 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: