Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 12:01:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][JPC]MAKE JACKPOTCOIN GREAT AGAIN!  (Read 470217 times)
Kracko

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:09:12 AM

Anyone having trouble with Bittrex's JPC wallet?  I sent a couple days of mining worth of JPC from Mintpal to Bittrex and it's been 6 hours and it still hasn't shown up yet.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:24:03 AM

I too always end up coming back to JPC. Once you start getting into the millions of coins the staking gets quite nice! I am about to hit 10 million, I am staking pretty much every 1 or 2 hours now. Smiley
I tried staking but it didn't make any sense. At 0.0955% a day it's significantly less profitable and risky to invest in JPC for staking than just buying 750 Ti card(s) and mining via PoW. I thought maybe my math was wrong so I bought ~ 6mil JPC and tried it in practice.. nope, turned out close to those 0.0955% a day, which is nothing when you have only a few mil. Bought 2 mil @ 10sat and ~4mil @ 9sat, sold those 6mil @ 11sat and stopped my experiments with JPC for now. So far it seems like the only people that really do well with PoS are the developers with their 300mil premine and those users that expect JPC to go up in price at some point later (which is quite unlikely considering how alts usually do over time). I'm a bit curious though what's planned for the next wallet release, maybe the devs will shed some light on it.

I have no idea what your bitching about at all.. your no making any sense.
What does buying 750Ti cards have to do with staking ?
I can't afford to buy any gfx cards and don't have a lot of JPC either.
not sure where your getting your numbers from also.

what other coin is giving you so much better profits staking ? care to us all so we can profit too ?

i get what i get staking and i am grateful for it.
and i don't have any idea why your expectations are so high either.
i think your full of shit with this conspiracy bullshit about the dev premining and staking too.

and this coin is loaded to the tits with features and innovative and all you can say is i am cheated with staking and the devs are cheating us all and
what is the next plan for the update ?
maybe just go pick another coin because if your just going to hang around hoping for wallet updates to pump the value you came to the wrong place.
and maybe rather than asking what the dev can do you tell us all what you can do for him ?
What is it you want on the next wallet update so bad feature wise ?

edit:
oh and how would your staking profits look if the entire altcoin scene did not die and we were stilled valued at 81 instead of 8 ? answer me that lol

edit2:
STFU Trolling Douche-Nozzles
you pricks keep loitering around with noob accounts attacking this coin with made up bullshit last couple weeks and it's getting old.
ALL OF IT HAS BEEN BOLD FACE LIES
Eat a dick little pricks with your dummy ass shell accounts..
These little cunts are just trying to scare people away from the coin to be assholes.. simple as that.

FUD first & ask questions later™
ENIAC_1946

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:12:03 AM

I mined a superblocked  Grin
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:32:31 PM

First off all, there was no bitching, just exchange of opinions. Someone shared his opinion saying how "once you start getting into the millions of coins the staking gets quite nice", and I shared mine — saying that as a financial investment buying JPC at current prices and staking makes very little sense because buying a $150 750 Ti would make you more JPC and it's a lot safer (one can re-sell the card or mine other coins).

What numbers? 0.0955% interest per day was posted a few pages back, not that hard to calculate. Start a calc app and see for yourself how many JPC per day one can acquire via PoS after buying JPC at the current rate, and how many JPC can be made via PoW. Spending $150 on a 750 Ti results in a lot more JPC/day than spending the same $150 on an exchange buying JPC and then staking. Of course PoW and PoS are 2 different concepts, but they were compared strictly as 2 ways to invest in JPC. And it's not really about JPC, it's just staking in general for alt coins doesn't seem like a good idea investment-wise. Better do "staking" with fiat in banks, than with crypto forks that all go down in price over time. They just lose their value too fast, a lot faster than you acquire anything worthwhile with staking, so it makes sense for premined stashes, but not so much for regular users.

i think your full of shit with this conspiracy bullshit about the dev premining and staking too.
You dumbass, what conspiracy?! 300mil JPC is officially stated premine, it's on the first page, just check the 1st block. And it would be plain stupid not to do staking with those 300mil.

and this coin is loaded to the tits with features and innovative and all you can say is i am cheated with staking and the devs are cheating us all and
maybe just go pick another coin because if your just going to hang around hoping for wallet updates to pump the value you came to the wrong place.
and maybe rather than asking what the dev can do you tell us all what you can do for him ?

edit:
oh and how would your staking profits look if the entire altcoin scene did not die and we were stilled valued at 81 instead of 8 ? answer me that lol

edit2:
you pricks keep loitering around with noob accounts attacking this coin with made up bullshit last couple weeks and it's getting old.
These little cunts are just trying to scare people away from the coin to be assholes.. simple as that.
I'm not even gonna bother answering this, you've definitely got mental issues and might need help. At least some chilling pills. Or just get a life.
tarzanbigcity

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:29:19 PM

Man, we have some passionate people in this thread. Regardless of the specifics of JPC. I personally find it interesting that its lasted this long in the alt-crypto market. That itself should say something. It has interesting and exciting features that's for certain. Its a niche coin, and I am certain it will continue to carve out a space for itself in crypto. I haven't yet heard much from the developer on what might be in store for the future, but I am strapped in and ready for wherever the ride takes me.  I understand many people may be profit focused and there is nothing wrong with that. Its part of the crypto game. I personally come from an enterprise IT background and am mostly interested in new and exciting technologies that may come out of JPC or any coin for that matter.  JPC is not my entire bag. I invest in many promising coins that show innovation and forward thinking. Hopefully there are many more like me out there. Smiley
tc61

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:41:38 PM

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:01:40 PM

Fix what problem?

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Dotcommie

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:51:45 PM

Fix what problem?

lol, if we only knew what "problems" people on btctalk are going on about half the time we'd be so much better off  Grin
tc61

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:40:56 AM

No I was commenting on the people who always point out the problems like they are an expert but offer no suggestion on how to help...
TheFridge

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:22:53 AM

Does mining pool hub have a ledger of who scored the jackpot?
miningpoolhub
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1006

Mining Pool Hub

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 04:15:27 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 04:32:44 AM by miningpoolhub

Does mining pool hub have a ledger of who scored the jackpot?

Well, for anonimity and security we don't open who found the jackpot.
That's why we turned on "anonymous" nickname for all by default.

Of course, the block finder can know that he found it from "Blocks" page

Thanks.

Mining Pool Hub - https://miningpoolhub.com
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:09:55 PM

First off all, there was no bitching, just exchange of opinions. Someone shared his opinion saying how "once you start getting into the millions of coins the staking gets quite nice", and I shared mine — saying that as a financial investment buying JPC at current prices and staking makes very little sense because buying a $150 750 Ti would make you more JPC and it's a lot safer (one can re-sell the card or mine other coins).

What numbers? 0.0955% interest per day was posted a few pages back, not that hard to calculate. Start a calc app and see for yourself how many JPC per day one can acquire via PoS after buying JPC at the current rate, and how many JPC can be made via PoW. Spending $150 on a 750 Ti results in a lot more JPC/day than spending the same $150 on an exchange buying JPC and then staking. Of course PoW and PoS are 2 different concepts, but they were compared strictly as 2 ways to invest in JPC. And it's not really about JPC, it's just staking in general for alt coins doesn't seem like a good idea investment-wise. Better do "staking" with fiat in banks, than with crypto forks that all go down in price over time. They just lose their value too fast, a lot faster than you acquire anything worthwhile with staking, so it makes sense for premined stashes, but not so much for regular users.

You dumbass, what conspiracy?! 300mil JPC is officially stated premine, it's on the first page, just check the 1st block. And it would be plain stupid not to do staking with those 300mil.

edit:

edit2:
I'm not even gonna bother answering this, you've definitely got mental issues and might need help. At least some chilling pills. Or just get a life.

"I'm not even gonna bother.." you said ?
exactly lol
your full of shit.
what if the price was at 81 still ? ANSWER ME THAT Wink

if you don't like how much stake you get then pick another coin.. and like i said go ahead and pick an example of one paying so much more.
and frther more you repeated what some other guy said on a previous page ? that is not facts or showing your math like i asked you to do either.
You want to critise the coin that is fine but you were evasive and vague about it all.. it amounted to slander with no facts to back it up.
I don't need chill pills.. you need to back up your mouth !
or STFU.
What is the next wallet update plans ?
I will say again..
"f your just going to hang around hoping for wallet updates to pump the value you came to the wrong place."
And about your hidden secret premine staking ? have any proof to that ?
hey like i said back up your mouth buddy..
and your it's better to buy a graphics card than stake this coin logic is just dumb..
I AM THE one who is "not gonna bother" ..

PS:
take some chill-pills buddy Wink

New flash guys.. buying hardware to mine with is more profitable than staking jackpot coin  Roll Eyes

wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:14:19 AM

what if the price was at 81 still ? ANSWER ME THAT Wink
Doesn't change anything, JPC/BTC exchange rate has nothing to do with staking interest whatsoever. You're making JPC with either PoW or PoS, and how much BTC those JPC you make are worth is a totally different question not related to the original argument. The argument was about the amount of JPC one can make by investing in JPC right now, and there are only 2 ways to invest — you either buy hardware to mine with PoW, or you buy JPC to do PoS (or a mix of both). You can dream about how things would be if the price was 81 sat and not the current 8 sat, but that's just dreams and no one really knows how things would turn out in that case.. you'd probably have a lot less JPC in your wallet now, cause PoW difficultly would be a lot higher and you'd be mining less coins. You'd obviously be staking less coins then.. so, overall it's just a logical flaw in your argument, staking is all about percentages, it's not related to the exchange rates, it's on the fixed schedule described in the first post. I didn't answer you before because I thought it was an obviously stupid question and you weren't really expecting an answer.

if you don't like how much stake you get then pick another coin.. and like i said go ahead and pick an example of one paying so much more.
You're like a little girl on a period, to you it seems like everyone around is attacking you by saying how the stuff you like is bad, but the thing is — no one really cares about this coin enough to come to this thread and attack JPC (as exchange volume easily shows). It's a fine coin with some interesting features, nothing really ground-breaking, at some point it was really profitable for nvidia miners.. its price has been declining for months now, and it will probably die within a few months like most alt coins, although it lasted a lot longer than most, and might still have some life in it. I wasn't even attacking the coin, just shared my PoS experience with those that might be interested in staking, and then you got all stirred up over nothing. That's why I suggested pills.

and frther more you repeated what some other guy said on a previous page ? that is not facts or showing your math like i asked you to do either.
I didn't just repeat what the other guy said, I calculated it to something close to 0.095%, that guy just said the more exact number. You don't have to be a genius to find the approximate value, don't even need to start a calc for that.

"PoS daily interest payout initially at 0.1% per day (equivalent to 44% annual interest rate), gradually dropping down to 0.01% per day (equivalent to 3.7% annual rate), the decrease will be over a period of 5 years (rate adjusted each 3 months)."

Each 3 months and over 5 years — that's ~ 20 adjustments, and since it's going from 0.1% to 0.01% — each adjustment is about 0.005. So right now, after one adjustment, it's ~ 0.095%.

And about your hidden secret premine staking ? have any proof to that ?
hey like i said back up your mouth buddy..
The thing is, it's like with that easy to calculate interest rate that you never bothered to actually calculate.. here is exactly the same thing. The pre-mine is officially declared on that very first page, there's nothing "hidden" about it and I never said it was hidden, I never even implied that this pre-mine is a bad thing, it's just you're a stupid drama queen that likes to make stuff up and spends all his time raging on the internet with strangers instead of actually spending a few minutes to get the facts about stuff you're raging about. As with interest rate, the pre-mine is described on the first page:

"1% premine to cover development costs (website, server, development), code maintenance/enhancements, bounties, shops/games, faucets/giveaways etc."

They also say on that first page that "Total coins will be approximately 30 billions". So you can easily see that the developers pre-mined "approximately" 300 mil JPC. No need to guess though, everyone can just open a block explorer and check the very first block: http://explorer.jackpotcoin.info/block/000007b7e389aeed592cf1c92f80cc3e104a62c05cf064c337f97896c6d9163e

And all I said about the pre-mine was that when you have 300 mil from the very start that you didn't have to mine or buy, staking "gets quite nice" (the words of the user I was quoting originally). I don't even care how pre-mine was used, how much of it was spent as intended, and how much is left if any — not my concern. The point was simply about profitability of PoS and that the current 0.1-0.0955% rate makes sense for a 300 mil pre-mine stash, but not so much for those that have to buy JPC from an exchange right now or mine it via PoW. But alas, as often happens with you apparently, you took the message as an attack of the coin you like, changed it all in your head adding stuff that wasn't there like pre-mine being "hidden" and "secret", and switched to blind rage mode, throwing insults around. Cheesy

Seeing the way you usually talk to people in this forum, I'm pretty sure I've just wasted at least 20 minutes talking to a mentally unstable idiot that thinks he is always right, so the only appropriate thing to say to people like you is: welcome to ignore list, go fuck yourself.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:43:29 AM

The guy saying earlier there was some higher CPU usage i think might be right..

I wonder if the dev looked at this when doing the last update ?
It's not that high really but i think i was seeing fluctuations of about 1% or 2% staking (before)
and now i see 2% then it jumps to 8% a lot (Intel i7 4770k) and i see 14% just now too !
So i think the min and max it uses is higher now compared to before and i did see it a LOT before too (i look in TaskManager on Win7 x64 a lot)
I've also used Sysinternals Process Explorer on a regular basis.

I still can't get the Wallet to run on my (Windows) Primo RamDisk Sad
Seems some c++ api calls are screwing it up with Windows Junctions..
It will just crash on launch if i set it up with junctions.

I wanted to do that because it does a lot of reading and writing to disc and a Ramdisk should speed it up.
I ported over Firefox v28 and the result was amazing.. way faster !
Normally i would use a Fast Samsung EVO SSD but i am only running dual 1TB WD Black Sata 3 drives right now.
So since i pulled the SSD out i wanted to speed things up and the Ramdisk works for most things just not ANY coin wallet i tried.
With Firefox i put the program itself and the Local + Roaming folder contents on my SSD using "Windows junctions"
Many web sites say it will help but they only to tell you do the cache which is only a small part of it all.
I also ran a benchmark and compared some older scores and i slaughtered them too !
Before = 3039 Peacekeeper Firefox 28.0 x86 2014-05-10
Now = 4512 Peacekeeper Firefox 28.0 x86 2014-08-19
Also i have the Ramdisk set to auto save the 2gb Ramdisk to HDD disk every 60 minutes Smiley
A nice feature of Primo is it has auto back up settings and i am using Direct-IO mode and it can save only files that are changed rather than whole images !

I bet my wallet would ROCK BabyMetal style if i could get it running on the Ramdisk though.

nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 09:47:18 PM

I put one of my rigs to solo mine JPC. I just got an alert that I found a block. When I opened the wallet it had several conformations and then poof it was gone. It shows in the blockchain as having gone to another wallet. WTH happened?

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 11:36:54 PM

I put one of my rigs to solo mine JPC. I just got an alert that I found a block. When I opened the wallet it had several conformations and then poof it was gone. It shows in the blockchain as having gone to another wallet. WTH happened?

it might help us all here if you could post some info from your log file.. do you know how find the log and get info from it ?

nanoprobe
Legendary

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:07:54 AM

it might help us all here if you could post some info from your log file.. do you know how find the log and get info from it ?
If you're talking about the log file from the wallet there is none. It's like the transaction never started. The blockchain info is here.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:09:36 AM

If you're talking about the log file from the wallet there is none. It's like the transaction never started. The blockchain info is here.

Someone with more hashpower probably found it at the same time and they mined it first. I had the same thing happen with another coin a couple of weeks ago.

EDIT: I did not get any confirmations, just an alert.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
nanoprobe
Legendary

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:14:30 AM

Someone with more hashpower probably found it at the same time and they mined it first. I had the same thing happen with another coin a couple of weeks ago.

EDIT: I did not get any confirmations, just an alert.
Figured it was something like that. Kinda sux. I did have some conformations but it disappeared before I could put my mouse over it to see how many.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:41:41 AM

strange it would say nothing in your log file.. did you look inside the log ?
If it was orphaned it woudl say so eh..

Pages: « 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: