Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:22:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][JPC]MAKE JACKPOTCOIN GREAT AGAIN!  (Read 470201 times)
zidansz

Activity: 165
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 10:52:00 AM

from bittrex
Code:
This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on January 9th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC.

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JackpotCoin (OP)

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:34:46 PM

Hi everyone,

I didn't find any willing dev for now. As a community, everyone can contact other devs and ask them if they're interested. I'll do more official announcements on monday.
It would be a bad thing if Bittrex were to delist us, even though the loyal Allcrypt is still there in case of. Besides, JPC has never been so high than when it was only on Allcrypt.
At the moment, the best bet is to buy some JPC on Bittrex, so that the volume is higher than 0.2 BTC per day, not an impossible mission, right?
FoldingCoin

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:57:51 PM

Hi everyone,

I didn't find any willing dev for now. As a community, everyone can contact other devs and ask them if they're interested. I'll do more official announcements on monday.
It would be a bad thing if Bittrex were to delist us, even though the loyal Allcrypt is still there in case of. Besides, JPC has never been so high than when it was only on Allcrypt.
At the moment, the best bet is to buy some JPC on Bittrex, so that the volume is higher than 0.2 BTC per day, not an impossible mission, right?

Hello! I was sent a message by the admin to see if FoldingCoin Inc. was interested in taking over JackpotCoin.

I would love to help take over JackpotCoin, but of course their is a but Smiley Please read all the response to understand exactly how we could revive the development here as our solution could help your coin, and humanity all at the same time. I am giving the 1000 foot view, but I will stay active on this forum to help answer any questions.

What we do at FoldingCoin Inc. http://foldingcoin.net/ is to find a better use for the energy that is put into mining for altcoins. We support a long running distributed computing platform called Folding@home developed by Stanford university back in 2000. FAH was one of the earliest examples of distributed computing long before Bitcoin was a thought.

What FAH does is sends out work units called "protein folds" that has the end users use their computational power (CPU and GPU) to process exactly how a protein folds and unfolds. These results are sent back to Stanford university once they are done, and Stanford supplies them to medical researchers to better understand DNA and proteins in the human body. These results then help in the creation of new medicines looking to cure cancer, Alzheimer, ext.. http://folding.stanford.edu/

Then Stanford assigns something called "FAH credits" to the donors to allow them to see how much they have contributed personally http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userstats to compete with other donors. Up until this point, this has been purely donational computational cycles given by donors with no profitable outcome. The reason being is that FAH is a non for profit and cannot pay its donors. Its like instead of giving money or volunteer hours, you volunteer your computer to crunch medical research.

The credits that you receive determines how many FLDC (FoldingCoins) one receives. This means that the FAH credits act as a difficulty rating that cannot be attcked by ASICs as ASICs cannot do molecular protein folding, but rather do algorithms. So this is an ASIC proof coin.

What we are doing for the first month of operation of the new year is developing code to allow other coins to use our platform to also be a means of gaining their respective coins in addition to FLDC, so think of it as merged mining. This will allow 100% of the "mining" power to not only be used to gain JackpotCoin, but also the energy isnt wasted, but rather used for medical research.

To accomplish this, JackpotCoin must move over to the Counterparty protocol just as Scotcoin has http://scotcoin.org/

FoldingCoin Inc. would be willing to help in this transitional phase just as we are helping another coin move to our platform POWcoin. One huge benefit to this is JackpotCoin would no longer need a development team for the coin, as Counterparty, a multimillion dollar operation, handles the development of the code. And the wallets ride inside of Bitcoin so the multibillion dollar coin BTC developers handle the security of your wallets.

If anyone isn't familiar with Counterparty, please go to http://counterparty.io/ and if this message didnt make much sense please read our announcement page https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0 or leave a question and i will answer it.

I hope this community considers this offer, as we would love to help Smiley

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
jsamul

Activity: 300

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 11:02:20 AM

from bittrex
Code:
This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on January 9th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC.

last chance to sell the shitty coin Smiley
FoldingCoin

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 02:50:40 PM

from bittrex
Code:

If JackpotCoin moves to Counterparty, it would be able to stay on https://masterxchange.com/index.php permanently and it whould be compatible with the built in Counterwallet exchange (which is a decentralized exchange that requires no third party). A decentralized exchange is important because of things that have happened to MtGox, BTER, and most recently Bitstamp.

Counterparty is a revolutionary protocol that I think this community should really look into. It has tons of applications built into it and more being developed everyday. The most exciting in my opinion is Overstock.com hired the Counterparty team to create a decentralized Wall street http://www.coindesk.com/overstock-hires-counterparty-developers-build-cryptosecurity-stock-exchange/

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
Dotcommie

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:45:37 PM

from bittrex
Code:

If JackpotCoin moves to Counterparty, it would be able to stay on https://masterxchange.com/index.php permanently and it whould be compatible with the built in Counterwallet exchange (which is a decentralized exchange that requires no third party). A decentralized exchange is important because of things that have happened to MtGox, BTER, and most recently Bitstamp.

Counterparty is a revolutionary protocol that I think this community should really look into. It has tons of applications built into it and more being developed everyday. The most exciting in my opinion is Overstock.com hired the Counterparty team to create a decentralized Wall street http://www.coindesk.com/overstock-hires-counterparty-developers-build-cryptosecurity-stock-exchange/

I guess I haven't been following other developments recently since you guys flew under my radar it seems.  Would what you're talking about require a swap and reconfigure of the coin?  In my opinion the unique algorithm and jackpot features are the most interesting and it would be a shame to change that.  Also, this coin is a bit different than others since it will reach nearly the max POS coin amount around 1.25 years from now(i think) and then the other coins making up the total would be 25 years worth of POS/POW rewards.  Would any of this have to change?
FoldingCoin

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 06:51:31 PM

from bittrex
Code:

I guess I haven't been following other developments recently since you guys flew under my radar it seems.  Would what you're talking about require a swap and reconfigure of the coin?  In my opinion the unique algorithm and jackpot features are the most interesting and it would be a shame to change that.  Also, this coin is a bit different than others since it will reach nearly the max POS coin amount around 1.25 years from now(i think) and then the other coins making up the total would be 25 years worth of POS/POW rewards.  Would any of this have to change?

It would require a swap to be fully on our system, however one coin we are working with is going to continue to run both CP and their own blockchain. We will not delegate how the community wishes to proceed, but to be fully secured it is recommended that a swap be done like Scotcoin where the old blockchain is simply abandoned. The unique algorithm you would lose, but here are the main advantages and disadvantages to moving over: (simply replace FLDC with JPC to understand the following)

Counterparty’s advantages over a traditional mined Altcoin

The assets share a wallet and blockchain with BTC

BTC miners hash the blocks for the transactions

When one sends a Counterparty token to another wallet, the transaction is actually encapsulated into a BTC transaction on the BTC blockchain. In effect, one also sends a very small amount of BTC, in addition to Counterparty token.

Asset issuance can be locked by the Counterparty protocol ensuring that even the asset owner can’t introduce more of the token into the market. FLDC was created as a locked asset http://blockscan.com/assetInfo/FLDC.

As Bitcoin and Counterparty developers innovate, assets evolve with them. With Counterparty there is no separate development of new apps like mobile wallets. When Counterparty creates them, all assets are compatible automatically. Most Altcoins have to develop their own apps since they have a separate blockchain.

Counterparty assets automatically get security and GUI updates as the Bitcoin and Counterparty developers release them, due to the common Bitcoin blockchain.

No mining is required by Counterparty assets. Token creation and transfer can be verified by third party sites such as “blockscan.com”. For the FLDC asset, this is available at http://blockscan.com/assetInfo/FLDC

The asset owner can focus on adoption, distribution, and economy of the coin, and not software development of the coin itself.

No energy is wasted securing a blockchain, all resources are strictly for Folding@home work units.

There is no exposure to a 51% attack unless it happens to the Bitcoin network itself.

CGminer and other mining applications are very confusing and require a lot of patience and research for the first time miner or general user. The FAH program and FoldingCoin Inc. has made it incredibly easy for anyone to start right away. http://foldingcoin.net/video-tutorials/

Counterparty’s minimal cost structure has allowed for 100% of the FLDC tokens distributed everyday to be divided amongst the combined daily credits of the folders. No percentage goes towards SHA 256 or Scrypt miners, donations to the project, or development funds.

Counterparty’s disadvantages over a traditional mined Altcoin

Every FLDC payment to a folder requires 0.00006 BTC in order to be included on the Blockchain. Up to now there have been less than 100 payouts a day so the BTC amounts have been funded out of the FLDC team personal holdings.

Incorporating FLDC with FAH could potentially reach hundreds of thousands of individuals, so this issue would need to be addressed.

That fee could potentially be lowered depending on Counterparty’s willingness to change their code. It could also depend on the blockchain accepting micro transactions. The team is still researching this.

Since the FLDC token is on the Counterparty network, it is considered a “fully pre-mined” asset.

The term “premine” is considered a bad thing in the AltCoin world.

Folders are concerned that all coins are already created.

We have good intentions and so far the community does not doubt that, but the fact remains that we fully control the distribution of the coin.

IF we wanted we COULD do a runner after the coin became valuable. With Counterparty there really is no way to stop to this.

We could have created the coins as we did distributions but the problem would still exist, that we could create a whole bunch and do what we want with them.

There are potential solutions on the horizon to mitigate some of these risks, the most promising is “Multi-Sig”

JackpotCoin (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:15:05 AM

Good news people!

A new dev is going to work on the coin, ensure maintenance and add new features. It's not 100% official yet but should be confirmed in the coming hours/days.
Also we will be working on a new promotional plan and potentially new services.

Edit: people who promised to give some coins (I think it was about 50 million), be prepared to keep your promises!

coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:16:18 AM

Good news people!

A new dev is going to work on the coin, ensure maintenance and add new features. It's not 100% official yet but should be confirmed in the coming hours/days.

FoldingCoin or another choice? And is the Dev well known to the community with successful coins?

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
JackpotCoin (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:22:23 AM

Good news people!

FoldingCoin or another choice? And is the Dev well known to the community with successful coins?

Another choice. The dev wishes to stay anonymous, so I won't disclose much more but yes, he has worked on other coins of course.
Dotcommie

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:38:25 AM

Good news people!

Another choice. The dev wishes to stay anonymous, so I won't disclose much more but yes, he has worked on other coins of course.

Anonymous is fine with me as long as there is quality work to back it up.  I'm hoping it's one of the few experienced devs I've seen around these forums though.
Andy2009

Activity: 697
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 09:22:42 AM

Good news people!

Edit: people who promised to give some coins (I think it was about 50 million), be prepared to keep your promises!

Best news so far this year Smiley I'll keep my promise for sure Smiley
parvalue

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:26:01 AM

the old dev has gone ?  Huh

TakeItEasy

Activity: 1622
Merit: 270

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 10:39:49 AM

Good news people!

I hope new Dev is not bitsta/collegestudent Cheesy

Thanks for good news, still holding my JPC.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Andy2009

Activity: 697
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:15:12 PM

What happens to my current JPC after such transfer to your system with new blockchain etc.? Will I still have the same amount?
atomrigs

Activity: 282

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 09:46:11 PM

Good news people!

Very good news. Happy to keep my promise. Cheesy
FoldingCoin

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 05:29:22 PM

What happens to my current JPC after such transfer to your system with new blockchain etc.? Will I still have the same amount?

It seems they are going in another direction, so you can ignore my proposal. Please contact me if the other dev does not work out, thank you and good luck Smiley

liquidiser

Activity: 77

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 05:39:57 PM

Good news people!

Very good news. Happy to keep my promise. Cheesy

Great news, I hope the new dev's takeover happens smoothly. Thanks for finding someone and all the work of arranging the takeover.
Dotcommie

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:46:00 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2015, 04:01:14 AM by Dotcommie

Well look at JPC go on Bittrex.  We have always had a committed user base, nice to see they're still around.  Cool

**On page 2 for daily volume now. At this rate maybe we'll make page 1 by the morning?
panthea0

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 05:41:42 AM

Hey, Dev could you tell us your plan?

Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: