Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:26:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [0/140 LEFT] ★ ONE OUNCE .999 FINE SILVER - CRYPTOLATOR PHYSICAL BITCOIN ★  (Read 14108 times)
Cryptolator (OP)

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:36:46 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2014, 01:07:44 AM by Cryptolator

********* NO MORE COINS LEFT **********

Announcement
Saturday, April 26, 2014
---------------------------------

Today, we are happy to present to you a new physical cryptocurrencies company called "Cryptolator."

We've been working on this project for quite a few months, and after much effort and investment (time and money), we are proud to present the first set, called "Cryptolator - Unchained."

We've been hiring great talent from all over the world for all aspects of the creation, from the first drawing that we've made to the final product. Everything is just perfect.

Coin Front (This is an actual picture of the coin itself)

Coin Package

Information on the Cryptolator - Unchained Series:

The first series, in Fine Silver, is available right now. This series comes in an air-tight capsule in a leatherette box with a certificate of authenticity.

A maximum of 140 one troy ounce Fine Silver .999 coins will be minted for the first series. This series' denomination is 1 Bitcoin. The size of the coin is 39mm. Each Fine Silver coin will have a gold hologram stating "original" if purchase with multi-signature feature or a non applied silver hologram stating "personal" if you chose to go the DIY way.

All coins have their own serial number, which is engraved on the coin itself. Numbers start at 001 and end at 120.

Each coins will be delivered empty. They can be either funded by us (You provide us the Bitcoin to a given address and we fund it once it has been delivered) or by the customer itself.

Our online tool (https://dashboard.cryptolator.com) can easily tell you if a coin is either empty, partially funded, funded or over funded.

20 Coins have been made without a serial number and four of them will be released for auction on eBay. They will be called (Red, Green, Blue and Yellow). Another will be randomly given to someone who likes and shares Cryptolator's official Facebook page. The 15 others will be for supporters and relatives who believed in this project from the start.

Another series, in shiny brass this time, will be released in the near future. That series will come in an air-tite capsule and will be, of course, a lot cheaper than the Silver series. The denomination on this series is aimed to be 0.1 Bitcoin. You'll have the choice to have it pre-built, with certificate, or in a DIY, without a certificate.

A maximum of 500 brass coins will be minted per series. Brass coins will have the hologram stating « Original », if preinstalled with the secret key, or « Personal » if you go with a DIY kit option.

All silver coins come in a leather box, in an air-tite capsule with two certificates, one from the minter and the other from Cryptolator, including the Public Key, Address, series information and serial number.

Each coin is a piece of art in itself, created by talented artists and imagined by us, at Cryptolator.

Information on Cryptolator plans:

One series will be created, with a new design every year.

The objective is to make at least one other cryptocurrency the first year from a cryptocurrency that really bring something different and significant or that is widely adopted.

The next years could see more cryptocurrencies if we find that it is relevant to add more.

Every coin will represent our own imagined visions of cryptocurrencies in general or of a particular cryptocurrency.

Security:

Security is crucial to us. That is why we've worked with talented developers to create a great tool that makes Bitcoin multi-signature easy to use.

Using multi-signature solves the problem of having to trust the person or company creating the physical cryptocurrencies. There are two keys to unlock the coin: the one under the hologram and the one you've created on your side. (You can do it on an offline computer to be sure it can't be compromised.)

We will never see your Passphrase (Your key), and you'll see our Coin Secret (Our key) only by removing the temperproof hologram. You will have the option to print a certificate with your Passphrase, Public Key and Coin Address after the order has been placed. If you chose not to print the certificate, be sure to remember your Passphrase or Password as it will be needed to redeem your Bitcoin in the future.

All key rounds (Coin Secret and Firstbit) are created on a dumb printer (No memory).

The computer is disconnected from the internet and a fresh install of OS X is run.

All keys are inserted right away under a hologram on the back of the coin.

I am the only one with access to those keys from start to finish.

A nice tool has been created to facilitate the verification of the validity of a password and address, create passphrase and public key or get all informations about a specific coin. Some part of this tool can also be used offline for more security. You can find the Online Tool here (https://dashboard.cryptolator.com) and the Offline version can be downloaded here: (https://dashboard.cryptolator.com/Cryptolator_Offline_Dashboard.zip)

Goal:

Cryptolator's goal is to offer high quality, unique pieces of art, limited, collectable coins, with the best security available and at a good price.

We sure hope you'll appreciate this first series as much as we do!

Feel free to comment or ask questions. We will be happy to reply as fast as we can.

Buying process:

In order to buy, you need to head to (http://www.cryptolator.com) then click on "Buy it now" or on the "Buy" section in the top menu.

You then click on "Add to Cart" and click on the shopping bag.

If you have a coupon, type it in the "Coupon" textbox and click on "Apply Coupon"

Click on "Proceed to Checkout"

Fill the "Billing Details" form.

In the "Your public key" textbox, you need to paste the public key that you'll have created here (https://dashboard.cryptolator.com/#generate) or in the Offline Dashboard (https://dashboard.cryptolator.com/Cryptolator_Offline_Dashboard.zip)

It is really important to keep the Password or Passphrase that you created as it will be required to create your certificate and also required to redeem your Bitcoin in the future.

When everything as been filled correctly, click on "Proceed to Paypal" and make the payment.

In less than 12 working hours you will receive an email from us to create your certificate containing your Public Key and Coin Address (You can either enter your password there or not, if you chose not to, be sure to remember this password in some way because it will be needed to redeem your Bitcoin in the future). This certificate can either be printed on a regular printer or in a PDF using a software like PDF Creator (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/).

In less than 48 working hours, your coin will be shipped.

Bitcoin and Litecoin payment is also accepted (PM me if you want to use this option)

Buying Options:

As of today (May 24th 2014)

The price for one empty coin in Bitcoin is set at......... 0.15BTC
The price for one funded coin in Bitcoin is set at........ 1.15BTC

The price for one empty coin in Litecoin is set at........ 7.20LTC
The price for one funded coin in Litecoin is set at....... 58.00TC

Shipping price in Bitcoin:
Canada........... 0.02BTC
USA.............. 0.03BTC
EUROPE........... 0.04BTC

Shipping price in Litecoin:
Canada........... 1.00LTC
USA.............. 1.50LTC
EUROPE........... 2.00LTC

As for the coin themselves there is three options:

First: Multisignature. This way, you have your own password or passphrase on your side (Which you can print using a link we will provide you once the coin is created) and there is one password on our side (Which is inserted under the hologram on the coin). This solution come with a gold "Original" hologram pre-installed. This solution is the most secure you can get.

Second: Single-key signatures. This way, you have a password, created by us, under the hologram. This solution come with a gold "Original" hologram. This solution also come with a gold "Original" hologram pre-installed.This solution is also secure, but you have to trust us (We create and print the key round on an offline computer and a dumb printer, also, the hard drive is encrypted and files are securely deleted)

Third: DIY. This way, you receive three silver "Personal" hologram (In case you make a mistake applying it on the coin). You need to create your round key and address rectangle to be inserted under the hologram (You can PM me if you want a little software wrote in Python to create them, or you can create them by yourself). With this option, future buyer will need to trust YOU in order to buy them.

Social Network:

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/cryptolatorinc

Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/cryptolator

eBay Account:

http://stores.ebay.com/cryptolator

User Manual V2.0:

http://cryptolator.com/Cryptolator_User_Manual_V.2.0.pdf

http://www.cryptolator.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:37:11 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 06:53:48 PM by Cryptolator

As of today (May 24th 2014)

The price for one empty coin in Bitcoin is set at......... 0.15BTC
The price for one funded coin in Bitcoin is set at........ 1.15BTC

The price for one empty coin in Litecoin is set at........ 7.20LTC
The price for one funded coin in Litecoin is set at....... 58.00TC

Shipping price in Bitcoin:
Canada........... 0.02BTC
USA.............. 0.03BTC
EUROPE........... 0.04BTC

Shipping price in Litecoin:
Canada........... 1.00LTC
USA.............. 1.50LTC
EUROPE........... 2.00LTC

As for the coin themselves there is three options:

First: Multisignature. This way, you have your own password or passphrase on your side (Which you can print using a link we will provide you once the coin is created) and there is one password on our side (Which is inserted under the hologram on the coin). This solution come with a gold "Original" hologram pre-installed. This solution is the most secure you can get.

Second: Single-key signatures. This way, you have a password, created by us, under the hologram. This solution come with a gold "Original" hologram. This solution also come with a gold "Original" hologram pre-installed.This solution is also secure, but you have to trust us (We create and print the key round on an offline computer and a dumb printer, also, the hard drive is encrypted and files are securely deleted)

Third: DIY. This way, you receive three silver "Personal" hologram (In case you make a mistake applying it on the coin). You need to create your round key and address rectangle to be inserted under the hologram (You can PM me if you want a little software wrote in Python to create them, or you can create them by yourself). With this option, future buyer will need to trust YOU in order to buy them.

snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 04:44:37 PM

Love the design- the people running away from the collapsing bank after discovering Bitcoin. Coin looks great, really wish I had the extra money for all of these physical cryptos. Good luck!

Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:45:52 PM

Great looking coin! Just liked and shared it on my facebook Smiley  Any prize for first share/post? lol

Thanks ! Unfortunately, the winner will be chosen randomly ! Tongue
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:48:35 PM

Love the design- the people running away from the collapsing bank after discovering Bitcoin. Coin looks great, really wish I had the extra money for all of these physical cryptos. Good luck!

Thanks ! Smiley I'm happy to see peoples like the design !
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 04:49:38 PM

No problem Smiley Will 001 be up for sale or reserved for some purpose?

For the moment I was thinking keeping it for me, but I might change my mind if peoples request it ! Smiley
bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 07:19:25 PM

that shit's riduculous and i like to buy ridiculous shit but not for that price
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 07:23:38 PM

Looks nice, I want to buy multiple coins... but... $90 really isn't the best price for a coin...  I guess if it were to prosper, the coin would be worth a lot more.  But it's not, so it shouldn't :/
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:07:47 PM

that shit's riduculous and i like to buy ridiculous shit but not for that price

Why is that ridiculous ? That price is, in my opinion, a fair price, it does cost quite a lot to produce, those are limited series, high quality, serial numbered and in fine silver .999, it got a really good security feature, come in a leatherette box with certificate.

If you look at Royal Canadian Mint for exemple, a coin that is minted at 7500 units sell for 89.95$:
http://www.mint.ca/store/coin/1-oz.-fine-silver-coin-arctic-fox-mintage-7500-2014-prod1920063#.U1wRpF6xCxo

What would be a good price in your opinion ?

Thanks for your comment Tongue
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:12:07 PM

Looks nice, I want to buy multiple coins... but... $90 really isn't the best price for a coin...  I guess if it were to prosper, the coin would be worth a lot more.  But it's not, so it shouldn't :/

What price do you think would be a fair price in your opinion ? You need to consider that those coins cost a lot more than the price of silver to produce.

For the moment, it does not seems like the price is too high for some peoples, because I've already got a few orders.

Thanks for your comment ! Smiley
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:34:07 PM

Very nice! I'm always happy to see new physical crypto! Wish you the best of luck

I can't wait to see the brass ones. I am looking to pick up a few low denomination coins, and this seems promising  Wink

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:57:18 PM

Very nice! I'm always happy to see new physical crypto! Wish you the best of luck

I can't wait to see the brass ones. I am looking to pick up a few low denomination coins, and this seems promising  Wink

Thanks for the kind words !

I'm looking to get the brass one in production next months, should have them by summer ! Smiley
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:32:04 AM

I'm thinking about buying one, but $50 international shipping is just a bit over the top IMO!
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:37:19 AM

I'm thinking about buying one, but $50 international shipping is just a bit over the top IMO!

Yes, I know, it's the minimum price with tracking number, if you have any idea for me, I would be glad to lower the fees ! Smiley
AT101ET
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:51:46 AM

Yes, I know, it's the minimum price with tracking number, if you have any idea for me, I would be glad to lower the fees ! Smiley

Is there any other shipping method that doesn't include tracking but is still insured?
£29 adds quite a bit to the total. It adds on just under 50% of the total.
It's really the only thing stopping me from buying it.
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:56:53 AM

Is there any other shipping method that doesn't include tracking but is still insured?

PM me your address and I'll see what I can do for you ! Smiley
AT101ET
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:04:35 AM

PM me your address and I'll see what I can do for you ! Smiley

PMed. Thanks.

P.S See the last part of my PM. I'd sort that out quite urgently if I were you!
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:07:30 AM

Just ordered two and looking forward to receiving them. I like the design and the price is good for a silver physical coin that has dual factor authentication.
Cryptolator (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:23:59 AM

Just ordered two and looking forward to receiving them. I like the design and the price is good for a silver physical coin that has dual factor authentication.

Thanks Pistachio, your two coins are ready, I'll ship them on Monday morning !
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 01:57:07 AM

Where is the pay via BTC option?!?
I see it is via PM only!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: