Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 05:17:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 535 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official  (Read 940989 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
minterwintrer

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:17:40 AM

Very nice work on the client. Its an user friendly interface and i am sure people will love this.
visual111

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:07:23 AM

wow, I'm not technically inclined but I see the value here. I can't stop looking into Nxt...this wallet is so nice, it's something my parents would use. There's a greater feeling of security with the interface compared to the -qt wallets

tell me your address and ill send you some silver and nxt.

sure, thank you. 16853559438583152720

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:03:06 AM

added asset overview : http://nxtexplorer.com/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=70&sort=1
(sortable for name, num. trades etc. and a keyword search for the description)

and a profile view : http://nxtexplorer.com/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=75&aea=13926712251908664867

with open orders for each asset and a simple barchart to blockexplorer.

ps: detailed stats and more data about all assets including full trade history will follow.
great for AE overview.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:07:11 AM

Global Bitcoin Summit 2014 (GBS) in China has been successfully closed,you can found more info here:
https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/global-bitcoin-summit-in-china-beijing-may-10th-to11th/

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
tersagun

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:12:14 AM

Another basic NXT question here from a new NXT adopter:

All transactions and even balances are transparent on NXT which is quite uncommon. You can keep track of a users whole activity which is a brilliant and fun thing for other users but might be unwished for the account owner. What I'm wondering if, does the community think this is a good thing or "hidden" transactions and account balances should be implemented?

I've read in the forum that there is a anonymity project going on but what would that change exactly regarding transparency?

Sorry if this has been discussed many times before but couldn't find a proper conversation about it.

Thanks in advance!
peacefulmind

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:44:46 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 06:55:00 AM by peacefulmind

Concrete example: the distribution issue will keep popping up anyway. Because it's there. Some people will never be comfortable with it. That's their right and prerogative.
Some people do feel comfortable with it, like me. It's an issue that cannot be solved by force without destroying what we have.

I was not comfortable with it, yet now NXT is a major part of my portfolio.  I am not going to just be quiet, to me NXT has a black eye still from the way the initial coins were handed out to "the special people."  Those people got rich for nothing.  It was unfair and immoral.

If it was IPO'ed openly and fairly, allowing anyone to buy in over a period of say, 30 days under the same terms for everyone, NXT would be MUCH further along right now as far as adoption and goodwill.  NXT really shot itself in the foot with the initial distribution.

The major problem NXT has is marketing.

NXT does a terrible job imho of explaining its benefits and innovations, and desperately needs some "right-brained" talent to evangelize about what this crypto is capable of, and why it matters.

I had to overcome the bad feelings left over from the initial distribution, and wade through a website that desperately needs updating, engineering capability feature lists and explanations that need to be simplified, to finally arrive at the conclusion that NXT is capable of something special, and there is engineering talent here that can accomplish it.  I put aside my personal feelings and made the rational choice to make NXT a part of my portfolio.

That is saying a lot, my portfolio is basically:

Bitcoin
Darkcoin
Litecoin
Maidsafe (Safecoin)
NXT
Peercoin

and I will buy some Ether when Ethereum does their IPO.

NXT desperately needs an ELI5 version for people who do not understand how potentially revolutionary this coin might be.  NXT desperately needs marketing to go with its great engineering.

JMHO.  Please don't call me a troll, I am substantially bullish on NXT, provided they continue to deliver on promises and get someone hired to do marketing and promotion/education for what NXT can do and will do.  I have overlooked major ethical issues about the launch that still bother me personally to become a big supporter of this coin.

Sometimes "tough love" is good.  This post is from someone who has been "outside looking in" at NXT and may provide a different perspective.

Surrounding yourselves with "yes men" and not listening to constructive criticisms - well that sort of hubris leads to failure or at the least will keep us from reaching full potential.

I like the steps taken to make the client more user friendly, I understand that what NXT is doing is very complex, but the more the functions can be made simple to use, the more this project could become world changing - and I mean it, there is a remote possibility that NXT could become world changing.  Wider adoption and simplicity of use along with marketing/education targeting non-NXT users to convert them need to improve.

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
pandaisftw

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:28:45 AM

Concrete example: the distribution issue will keep popping up anyway. Because it's there. Some people will never be comfortable with it. That's their right and prerogative.
Some people do feel comfortable with it, like me. It's an issue that cannot be solved by force without destroying what we have.

I was not comfortable with it, yet now NXT is a major part of my portfolio.  I am not going to just be quiet, to me NXT has a black eye still from the way the initial coins were handed out to "the special people."  Those people got rich for nothing.  It was unfair and immoral.

If it was IPO'ed openly and fairly, allowing anyone to buy in over a period of say, 30 days under the same terms for everyone, NXT would be MUCH further along right now as far as adoption and goodwill.  NXT really shot itself in the foot with the initial distribution.

The major problem NXT has is marketing.

NXT does a terrible job imho of explaining its benefits and innovations, and desperately needs some "right-brained" talent to evangelize about what this crypto is capable of, and why it matters.

I had to overcome the bad feelings left over from the initial distribution, and wade through a website that desperately needs updating, engineering capability feature lists and explanations that need to be simplified, to finally arrive at the conclusion that NXT is capable of something special, and there is engineering talent here that can accomplish it.  I put aside my personal feelings and made the rational choice to make NXT a part of my portfolio.

That is saying a lot, my portfolio is basically:

Bitcoin
Darkcoin
Litecoin
Maidsafe (Safecoin)
NXT
Peercoin

and I will buy some Ether when Ethereum does their IPO.

NXT desperately needs an ELI5 version for people who do not understand how potentially revolutionary this coin might be.  NXT desperately needs marketing to go with its great engineering.

JMHO.  Please don't call me a troll, I am substantially bullish on NXT, provided they continue to deliver on promises and get someone hired to do marketing and promotion/education for what NXT can do and will do.  I have overlooked major ethical issues about the launch that still bother me personally to become a big supporter of this coin.

Sometimes "tough love" is good.  This post is from someone who has been "outside looking in" at NXT and may provide a different perspective.

Surrounding yourselves with "yes men" and not listening to constructive criticisms - well that sort of hubris leads to failure or at the least will keep us from reaching full potential.

I like the steps taken to make the client more user friendly, I understand that what NXT is doing is very complex, but the more the functions can be made simple to use, the more this project could become world changing - and I mean it, there is a remote possibility that NXT could become world changing.  Wider adoption and simplicity of use along with marketing/education targeting non-NXT users to convert them need to improve.

Thanks for the thought out answer and not just baseless accusations Smiley

However, I do want to address this part:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.msg3620732#msg3620732

The thread was started September 27th and IPO closed on November 17th, which is more or less 50 days. It would have ran longer, but I think we can agree that BCNext's timing was impeccable. Can you imagine being 1-2 months behind right now? The crypto-space is moving extremely fast.

As for the "right-brained" stuff, we definitely need that. Perhaps introduce yourself in the NXT forum (if you haven't already) and make some suggestions there. I think there is a thread concerning nxtcommunity.org, so if you have any input on that, definitely comment there as well.

Pandaisftw

NXT: 13095091276527367030
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:58:21 AM

I was not comfortable with it, yet now NXT is a major part of my portfolio.  I am not going to just be quiet, to me NXT has a black eye still from the way the initial coins were handed out to "the special people."  Those people got rich for nothing.  It was unfair and immoral.

What? The IPO happened on this forum. It was open for 2 months. Everyone was free to join.

IPO thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.0

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:18:19 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 08:53:13 AM by Daedelus

People are allowed to disagree, as long as their disagreements are based in reality.

Case in point, we still see people who apparently believe that BCNext got a number (20 is common, lowest I have seen is 3) of his close personal friends or "special people" together in a backroom and then distributed Nxt to them as he saw fit, excluding everyone else. BCNext did this in a day and then tried to sell Nxt on for profit, not giving them access to the same terms as his special people.

We all know this line of arguement is ignorance at best, bare faced FUD at worst.

What actually happened was an ANN thread was started by BCNext inviting anyone to send any amount of BTC, capped at 1 BTC, as a donation. The donations were only a means to limit sock puppets and NXT was divided up in the proportion of your donation. If your donation turned out to be 0.1% of the total you got 1 Million NXT, 5% you got 50 Million NXT.

It was open to everyone on the same terms for 50 days. Around 100 people signed up but when the time came, only 73 people actually came forward to claim their share. No one cared about Nxt, for whatever reason, before it was launched and even after it was and that is why the distribution was the way it was. This is all on public record, transaction hashes and all that can be verified in the Blockchain, and links can be provided for those who don't know where to look

Any hint of a suspicion that there was any element of design in the distribution should be stamped on and the verifiable facts (with links) provided  Grin People are free to disagree, especially with those who don't know the facts  Cheesy

Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 08:28:19 AM

We should have a doc, if there isn't one already, with a basic history/about NXT that covers these objections incidentally (if you address them head on it's making a big deal about something that shouldn't be a big deal). What it is, how it was started, dev team/community, key differences/advantages from other cryptos, how to get started, etc. A bit like a white paper but pitched at a very accessible level and geared towards getting people to download the client and get started.
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:35:36 AM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwAGADgnQcrtM3g1cU1VSHZtTGM/edit?usp=sharing

http://nxtcoin.blogspot.cz/2014/01/nxt-distribution-infographics.html
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:38:21 AM

We should have a doc, if there isn't one already, with a basic history/about NXT that covers these objections incidentally

We have wiki and websites. Everything is in record as everything happened on this forum. People still come up with weird made up theories.  Not only IPO was open to everyone (and stayed open for 2 months), there were not even "special" stakes for the developer (BCNext, who was the original founder). The rules were same for everyone.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
zuqka

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:47:13 AM

wow, I'm not technically inclined but I see the value here. I can't stop looking into Nxt...this wallet is so nice, it's something my parents would use. There's a greater feeling of security with the interface compared to the -qt wallets

tell me your address and ill send you some silver and nxt.

if you still have silver left I would gladly accept :-)

NXT-2V7G-C8BY-KTYY-CAHNU

nxt: NXT-2V7G-C8BY-KTYY-CAHNU * btc: 19UcQHepGvXb2fDcAMBJo1a3iduqBNXaGw * byte: XJBP46RQ7OZ6KKY4IXKL73VQBDKRIYJ4
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 08:47:26 AM

Actually there was a set of graphs I liked with the concentration of NXT in the top 100, 1000 accounts. It was still fairly concentrated but definitely going in the right direction. I'm guessing the AE will accelerate the redistribution as large holders invest in promising companies instead of waiting for the currency alone to appreciate. Partly, of course, it's just that not many people currently use NXT. My client is saying 34,432 accounts, assuming that means what I think it does. If that went up by an order of magnitude then the price would follow and redistribution would be even more attractive.
zuqka

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:42:37 AM

https://twitter.com/coindesk/status/467233469857533952

Byrne ends keynote with big news: "I'm exploring [listing Overstock] on a block chain kind of stock exchange."

It can only be NXT AE!

nxt: NXT-2V7G-C8BY-KTYY-CAHNU * btc: 19UcQHepGvXb2fDcAMBJo1a3iduqBNXaGw * byte: XJBP46RQ7OZ6KKY4IXKL73VQBDKRIYJ4
Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:56:26 AM

Byrne ends keynote with big news: "I'm exploring [listing Overstock] on a block chain kind of stock exchange."

It can only be NXT AE!

Was just about to say this  Cheesy

Good times ahead, community is working hard to make as many connections as possible at the Bitcoin 2014 Conference in Amsterdam

Answering technical question together etcetera

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
|
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 10:10:18 AM

It can only be NXT AE!

That would be so immense my head would probably explode.
Other than that, I feel it would be quite a good thing.
jackyrozario

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:22:14 AM

Mintpal.com will be looking into NXT again in a few months, here is their reply in the ticket I made:

MintPal Jay (Staff)
04/03/2014 2:53 AM
Hi ,

We still have the scripts that were largely working, so we will be looking at it again in a few months.

Regards,
Jay
​MintPal

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇ ▇

Trade Over 140 Cryptos

Secure Platform API Support

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇ ▇
    ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
VanBreuk

Activity: 460

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:32:36 AM

Mintpal.com will be looking into NXT again in a few months, here is their reply in the ticket I made:

MintPal Jay (Staff)
04/03/2014 2:53 AM
Hi ,

We still have the scripts that were largely working, so we will be looking at it again in a few months.

Regards,
Jay
​MintPal

It's interesting, because the response I received about three weeks ago was

Hrllo,

Thanks for getting in touch, unfortunately currently we still do not have the time and resources to develop the scripts required for NXT. We will be considering it again in the coming months.

Regards,
Jay

It would be good if they made up their mind in these few months, but by then Mintpal might be mostly irrelevant for Nxt.
Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:43:25 AM

A few months...

The hell, they have a volume of more than 10000 BTC last day, which is impressive.

But they are cocky as hell.

When Overstock will be partnering with NXT, a lot of Patrick Byrne's friends will probably follow.

Then we will laugh at Mintpal for their ignorance and cockyness

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
|
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 535 »
  Print  

Jump to: