Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:27:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 535 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official  (Read 940980 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
EFFV

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:14:39 PM

Ok, Thanks alot for the quick responses... I think I may have just mistyped.
Ill get back in a second.

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:21:20 PM

Check your capslock key too. Many a password lockout was due to that pesky capslock. Wink
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:30:06 PM

Check your capslock key too. Many a password lockout was due to that pesky capslock. Wink

I wonder why anyone would even type the secret phrase. The secret phrase needs to be long to be safe as it is open to brute force attack.

The master password for password managers doesn't need to be that long, as the thief would need access to the vault file first (close to impossible), plus password managers use  key stretching to make brute much harder. Users can also enable two factor authentication on lastpass. That's extra security.

You can get away (and never get hacked)  even if you have weak master password for say lastpass, but nxt requires very strong/random password -- weak easy to type password is not an option.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:33:52 PM

I wonder why anyone would even type the secret phrase. The secret phrase needs to be long to be safe as it is open to brute force attack.

The master password for password managers doesn't need to be that long, as the thief would need access to the vault file first (close to impossible), plus password managers use  key stretching to make brute much harder. Users can also enable two factor authentication on lastpass. That's extra security.

You can get away (and never get hacked)  even if you have weak master password for say lastpass, but nxt requires very strong/random password.

My lastpass master is 16 characters. Just the other day after two "try again's" I realized my caps lock was on. On most of my machines I have caps lock mapped to be just a regular shift key. But, yes, point taken, it is the only password I type.

Perhaps the wallets should automatically trim leading/trailing spaces from the password entry. Unless people really want to start or end their passwords with spaces.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:55:08 PM

Hey guys. Does anybody know who produced the main Nxt video? https://vimeo.com/93300399

Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 08:57:57 PM

Hey guys. Does anybody know who produced the main Nxt video? https://vimeo.com/93300399

I think d13id did that one. Not sure who else worked on it. It was before my time.
d13id

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:19:48 PM

I think d13id did that one. Not sure who else worked on it. It was before my time.

Yeah it's mine. I spend two weeks to write this text. and other two weeks for preparing to do this :-D

farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:29:51 PM

Have you checked out the new Nxt video too? It's amazing!  Shocked  Shocked

http://vimeo.com/96827578

@ d13id respect dude! I will send you some LOVE, if I had your Nxt accountnumber!
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:45:20 PM

Have you checked out the new Nxt video too? It's amazing!  Shocked  Shocked

http://vimeo.com/96827578

@ d13id respect dude! I will send you some LOVE, if I had your Nxt accountnumber!

He's got an alias registered: NXT-4LGU-LM3P-H2KC-5WC6M

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
theironman

Activity: 288
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:04:14 PM

Wow, we are going to get tons of Alias squating!

Since this is the wild west with no centralization people can start registering trademarks with impunity right? Things like eBay, eBay.com, Overstock, Overstock.com, Amazon, Amazon.com etc.

You are about 6 months too late for that.   Smiley

Right. Wink But, more will occur.

I'm just saying, people are going to want to sell these aliases to the companies that own the trademarks, and there is no recourse to the trademark holder. I'm not sure how that is going to reflect on NXT. Guess I wasn't clear in what I was trying to say.

As a holder of 1500 aliases (Yes, I didn't sleep for two days to get them Cheesy), I never thought that I would be able to sell them to the big companies. I still think that's a rather unlikely scenario for now.

However, I do think that there will be a lively crypto related trade and things like game related ones. I am interested in how it will pan out.
At least my investment of time and Nxt will hopefully be repaid Smiley

1500!  Even its quite fast to request alias in NXT wallet... Thats a lot of work!  Smiley
Damelon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:15:54 PM

1500!  Even its quite fast to request alias in NXT wallet... Thats a lot of work!  Smiley

Remember, this was around December 20th.
For an alias transaction to complete, you actually had to wait for about 2-5 seconds and sometimes, they timed out...

I have some long nights invested  Grin

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:33:59 PM

Yeah it's mine. I spend two weeks to write this text. and other two weeks for preparing to do this :-D

Got ya in my signature Cool

Good job man

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
theironman

Activity: 288
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 10:37:01 PM

Remember, this was around December 20th.
For an alias transaction to complete, you actually had to wait for about 2-5 seconds and sometimes, they timed out...

I have some long nights invested  Grin

Cheesy

Hey I just got weyland and weylandindustries   Smiley  
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:14:44 PM

Bmo thinks flitz works really well Grin

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:08:16 AM

Bmo thinks flitz works really well Grin

I use auto rubbing and polishing compounds followed by liquid Turtle Wax for repairing guitar finishes and that matches the normal factory shine. Maybe it would work for you too. It also works on rattle can motorcycle paint jobs.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:00:01 AM

looking much much better now anon.. well done!

yep! now i just need to figure out how to get my damn pours better so that it doesnt have those little dents in it. i think im going to just have to try graphite molds.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 03:11:26 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2014, 04:52:18 AM by devphp

I have 3 questions on forging power leasing.

Sorry for the bold font, don't want it buried under other posts.

Suppose account A leases forging power to account B.

1) What is the maximum number of blocks it can lease the forging power for that can be input in the Period field?
2) If account B is not always forging, sometimes you turn off your computer, etc., will that leased power from account A not be lost when account B starts forging again in a few hours?
3) Is there an API call to see which accounts have leased forging power to account B?
SomethingElse

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Looking for the next big thing

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:02:42 AM

Looks like people are buying up NXT to buy NEM on the AE.  This very could be the first big win for the AE. Very exciting. 

NEM
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2014, 04:06:42 AM

yep! now i just need to figure out how to get my damn pours better so that it doesnt have those little dents in it. i think im going to just have to try graphite molds.

It does look a lot better!! The other day you said you figured out the trick with the steel wool but it looked about the same to me.  Now it is a huge difference. 

I have made candles at home and they get strangely shaped if they cool too fast/slow/uneven.  Could that have anything to do with it?

DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 04:20:42 AM

It does look a lot better!! The other day you said you figured out the trick with the steel wool but it looked about the same to me.  Now it is a huge difference. 

I have made candles at home and they get strangely shaped if they cool too fast/slow/uneven.  Could that have anything to do with it?

I make candles too and in addition to uneven or too fast cooling if you vibrate the wax or tap the side of the mold when it is still very hot any bubbles release from the side.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 535 »
  Print  

Jump to: