Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:39:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investigation Complete of Instamines and Fastmines for almost every top alt coin  (Read 11990 times)
BBmodBB

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 06:58:02 PM

This doesn't come as a surprise. There might be a handful of developers that keep releasing coins to earn/scam people for money.
I don't think that you can get him into a prison. How would you even find him?

P.S. Never touch coins that have 'bitcoin' in their name, except the original one of course.
yes hold tight, the more cryptos get accepted in the Wall Street circles the more you will see this kind of thing. you remember that guy in Texas? pirate...yes i have no problem with people who follow their dreams whatever if its premined/instamined if they stick around and use the bread for building their dream!
Bitcoin sCrypt(BTCS) is one i'm actually holding a few thousand long term because they have a tight community and devs who are on the ball and want to take it back to the roots!

*good to see you are still around LaudaM ~it's been a trying season! =\
Which guy, I can't seem to remember?
Well good luck with your investment, I'm only into a very few altcoins. Yeah this season hasn't been that great, but I'll be here for another year or so if all goes well.

pirateat40 ?  Cheesy ~i'm new to this lol

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:59:45 PM

How is LTC not an instamine? Honestly?
BBmodBB

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 07:03:57 PM

lurking in the bushes are weeee haha ;-)

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
bl0ckchain

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:07:56 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 10:12:11 PM by bl0ckchain

Well, I bring up intrinsic value because I believe that that needs to be accounted for when you make investment analysis. If anything, the initial distribution is just one factor in the outcome (X + Y = Z) - basing any conclusions purely off of this one variable *might* give you the right answer (Y happens to = Z), but more than not, it'll be wrong because you didn't account for the other known variables.

So there's nothing wrong with providing this "data", but, as I said, making investment conclusions based off incomplete data is more often wrong than not.

Exactly.

What we have here is an opinion piece disguised as an objective report. The author (in the report comments) is attempting to make a complete argument by blatantly "spinning" incomplete data.

Law enforcement does this all the time by using convenient evidence to make their case while ignoring facts that might exonerate their suspect.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:19:31 PM

A lot of hard work you’ve put into this, and I too must congratulate you. I am a miner AND investor and, in this crypto space that’s filled with con-artists and their all too often willingly ignorant victims, I wholeheartedly welcome your contributions. It’s work like this that will someday be seen as part of the beginning of the emergence of serious bona fide cryptocurrencies.

I’ve got to commend you on your courage as well - got to stand up to them face to face and give them hell like you did here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=587086.msg6635563#msg6635563 (When you can anyway . . . the army of sock puppets are a little bit more difficult to address . . .)

If you are still adding coins, perhaps you might find interesting adding the following to your wiki:
SRC, EXE, HIRO, DGB, DMD, GRS

And maybe the best take away from this analysis to date might be Myriad.

Myriadcoin: "It may not become the gold standard, but it's one of the best out there."

Everyone likes Myriad, but nobody wants to invest in it because you're unable to form a cartel to choke off coin supply and artificially increase value.  It's greatest strength is it's greatest weakness!

This seems to be the problem with most legit coins. Those scheming to get rich in a week aren't interested because they can't manipulate the price as easily.

Sad but true.

Might that be yet another very compelling reason why MYR is quite possibly one of the best long term investment prospects out there right now? Wink

BTW, @r0ach, how do you explain DGC’s distribution curve (a coin that has prided itself on fairness from day one and released in a pre-KGW World)?

Whoisthelorax (OP)

Activity: 370
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 02:43:34 AM

A lot of hard work you’ve put into this, and I too must congratulate you. I am a miner AND investor and, in this crypto space that’s filled with con-artists and their all too often willingly ignorant victims, I wholeheartedly welcome your contributions. It’s work like this that will someday be seen as part of the beginning of the emergence of serious bona fide cryptocurrencies.

I’ve got to commend you on your courage as well - got to stand up to them face to face and give them hell like you did here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=587086.msg6635563#msg6635563 (When you can anyway . . . the army of sock puppets are a little bit more difficult to address . . .)

If you are still adding coins, perhaps you might find interesting adding the following to your wiki:
SRC, EXE, HIRO, DGB, DMD, GRS

And maybe the best take away from this analysis to date might be Myriad.

Myriadcoin: "It may not become the gold standard, but it's one of the best out there."

Everyone likes Myriad, but nobody wants to invest in it because you're unable to form a cartel to choke off coin supply and artificially increase value.  It's greatest strength is it's greatest weakness!

This seems to be the problem with most legit coins. Those scheming to get rich in a week aren't interested because they can't manipulate the price as easily.

Sad but true.

Might that be yet another very compelling reason why MYR is quite possibly one of the best long term investment prospects out there right now? Wink

BTW, @r0ach, how do you explain DGC’s distribution curve (a coin that has prided itself on fairness from day one and released in a pre-KGW World)?

Grin

Glad I can be of service!

Sure I can check out those coins. Might take a few days before they show up...

i'm hoping the alt coin ecosystem evolves so that we can move beyond the money making schemes and get our hands and feet dirty with changing the economic system for the better, not just to make a buck.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:24:01 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 08:39:41 AM by HR

I am somewhat surprised by the nearly complete absence of intellectual integrity on the part of the critics of this research and the insistence on defending the indefensible by means of innuendo and unfounded attacks. NOT!

The first line of the Wiki goes like this:

"Note: The following attempts to approach 90% of the top ranking coins on www.coinmarketcap.com in terms of their rudimentary mining data."

What is it that is so hard to understand about that statement? Are you all really that mentally challenged?

. . . in terms of their rudimentary data.

Now, if you’d like to criticize the fact that there isn’t better data to work with (instead of trying to blame that shortcoming on the author), that’d be another thing (where, by definition, you’d actually end up finding yourselves more closely aligned with the author and probably not too happy doing so).

There are other metrics, like being able to tell the difference between which dev is a scam-man, and which is simply incompetent (two very important metrics for making long term investment decisions BTW, both equally disastrous, but with the latter always having the remote possibility of ‘making good’), but those are very subjective metrics ATM (not to be ignored, to be sure, just because of that however, when we see very clear signs that someone is either killing the code or intentionally manipulating).

On the other hand, this research is attempting to be as objective as possible. What problem does anyone possibly have with that? Other than not wanting what little objective data there is to become better known?

Why would someone suggest that this research is invalid due to the limited (by nature) data it is based on? And how infantile to think that you might be able to discredit the author based on such a childish attack!

Is there somehow, somewhere, more objective data on real, verifiable, historical coin behavior that could be included?

How can you blame the author for the shortcomings of the subject under study?

Objectivity depends in large part on objective data. The only reason why I think someone would try to put down with irrationally aggressive attacks an objective report based on the scant objective data available would be that they don’t want any objective analysis to begin with of whatever little objective data that there may be – they'd prefer to keep the ‘suckers’ in the dark (much can be said about someone by their reaction and attitude towards any given stimulus . . .).

Now, the next logical step would be to start comparing what different devs say with what they do/have done, coin specs and objectives with real life expectations, transparency with the lack of, etc., but those are, as I’ve said, much more subjective and open to debate, and, as such, well beyond the scope of this current work (so if you want to be critical of the limitations of this wiki, you know what to do and can start rolling up your sleeves).

And if anyone is honestly struggling with the conceptual premise of this current work in progress, think about it this way: if past performance (i.e. track record) is any indication . . . Wink

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:28:05 PM

Nice updating of your wiki. The graphs are an especially helpful addition - a picture's worth a thousand words!

bl0ckchain

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:07:59 AM

On the other hand, this research is attempting to be as objective as possible.

You must be joking. I've never seen a single author with this many axes to grind.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:55:21 AM

You must be joking. I've never seen a single author with this many axes to grind.

Thanks for doing your part to help keep this at the top!

bitcoinreactor

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:07:40 AM

found an error :

from http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#terracoin :
Terracoin
    type of algorithm: scrypt
    PoW

Terracoin (TRC) is not scrypt.

BTC: 17CHqn3XE3Waf7Qfkm9p2MQE1VgB8gVbG4
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:27:28 PM

Bump

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 10:39:57 PM

According to the latest news, everything is a instamine.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Whoisthelorax (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:42:27 PM

found an error :

from http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#terracoin :
Terracoin
    type of algorithm: scrypt
    PoW

Terracoin (TRC) is not scrypt.

thanks,

updated to SHA256.
Whoisthelorax (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:12:25 PM

Nice updating of your wiki. The graphs are an especially helpful addition - a picture's worth a thousand words!

Yeah graphs are great, although I've gotten a few messages from people that too many images slows down their page dramatically. I'm slowing down the images for now, kinda hoping they just get new tech eventually haha.
Whoisthelorax (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:17:52 PM

I know you like goldcoin.

I don't like goldcoin. However, I didn't have an opinion of goldcoin until I looked at their basic blockchain data.

The fact is, coins like goldcoin were designed to do one main thing; make their developers and first few adopters wealthy. Look at the data, they practically admit openly that the coin was meant to enrich early adopters (although they don't tell latecomers that...hmm).

You can call it an axe to grind all you want. I give every coin a chance to SHOW ME empirically something worth smiling about. Goldcoin has nothing of the sort to offer me. Now that I have seen what I shouldn't have seen, I don't like goldcoin. The same is true for all the coins.

In fact, I had to do some soul searching before I posted about Peercoin and Primecoin. I still support PPC, although not nearly to the extent I used to.

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:20:45 AM

I imagine you're busy and haven't been able to give SRC, EXE, HIRO, DGB, DMD, GRS, and MYR the attention they deserve (or perhaps the attention they don't deserve, since, in the main, my quick glance analysis using your criteria puts these coins in pretty favorable light).

That being said, my positive "quick glance analysis" is by no means an endorsement however. There's much more to be looked at beyond a coin's inception.

Here's a good exercise for anyone wishing to look at these 7 coins more in-depth.

Can you match each coin with the following descriptions?

• Slick hucksters with a very polished spiel who are only interested in getting rich themselves
  • Kids who really are convinced that they know what they're doing
  • Adults who are in way over their heads and risking total coin inoperability at every turn
  • Seasoned experts who will survive
  • The man who someday will be called the Steve Jobs of cryptocurrencies is a member here
  • Kids who are smart enough to know their days are numbered and are bailing
  • More kids who still think they just might get lucky and pull it off

As you might imagine, 2 of the seven are on my aggressive accumulation list (along with one other not included in this list - in a portfolio that also has a smattering of "long shots"). Wink

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 11:37:04 PM

Oh my!

A very possible big winner here that was on my short list!

It's very difficult (to not say practically impossible) to find anything against this one at all.

Nothing but positive here. Unless you can uncover something I have no clue about.  Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.msg10892349#msg10892349

Braino

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

IRONX - Fully regulated World-Class Exchange

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 12:20:36 AM

The bias in this resource is so overwhelming it's absurd.

"Remember that these alternative currencies should be trying to be better than government fiat currencies"

Really? If that is the basis for comparison then I think the point of cryptocurrencies is being missed completely. Good luck to those who think any of this is a basis for judging where to put their money.

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2015, 12:57:09 AM

The bias in this resource is so overwhelming it's absurd.

Yes. This was ax-grinding taken to a level never before seen in the modern world.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: