Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:16:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I give up  (Read 22581 times)
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 04:28:08 AM

same patterns among many cryptocoins ...

lets map the pattren the fiat fallows

/\
  \ <-- you are here
   \
    \___
          |
           \_/\
                 \

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:07:18 AM

same patterns among many cryptocoins ...

lets map the pattren the fiat fallows

/\
  \ <-- you are here
   \
    \___
          |
           \_/\
                 \

Totally AGree that if we spent a substantional amount of time @ sub 300 the wheels have fallen off and crypo will start to cannibalise itself from the inside out

May happen but I think the % chances of this happening are low ...sooooooo much really good infrastrutural news coming out of the last 4 weeks & VC capital flowing in ....

We will reap the harvest SOON Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:46:14 PM

Even now at $430, Bitcoin is still a good short

:facepalm: please sell your house and follow your "good short" advice. Maybe we won't have you typing here anymore then Smiley

i am satoshi
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:17:21 PM

During the coming uptrend, which is a continuation of the past uptrend, and which will last maybe 5 years, maybe 10, maybe more, there will always be a large number of people who think they are too late. This is probably the main reason why there is a stretched out uptake, even after the point that everybody know what bitcoin is.

+1

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
calmindifference

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:27:25 PM

The supply of coins is constant no matter what the mining cost. Even if miners cant make a profit and shut down the difficulty adjusts and the supply remains the same - unlike any other commodity.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:24:32 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 10:36:57 PM by MatTheCat

:facepalm: please sell your house and follow your "good short" advice. Maybe we won't have you typing here anymore then Smiley

Are you that anxious to see me proven wrong that you pounce on a call of mine as soon as the market goes $20 against it?

Are you such a fkn bulltard that you start wetting your pants whenever Bitcoin rallies $25 on totally unremarkable volume, stopping dead right in front of a very short term and not particularly significant descending resistance trendline?

I originally stated that Bitcoin was a great short at $520. After I said that, Bitcoin went to $548. Where are we now? Was Bitcoin a great short at $520?

As it happens I never shorted at $520 and I never shorted at $430 either just as I amn't going to short now. Whether my $200 range call comes good anytime soon I don't know, but Bitcoin testing $360 is looking very very likely. Infact, I would go as far as to say that it is already written on the wall

P.S. I am not quite sure how bad a call I would have to make to match your recommendation that I hold at $1000 range back in early Dec 2013. Maxcoin to $10K by July 2014?

P.P.S. LOL. Looking at the time of your post, you really were wetting your pants at that pissy little counter trend rally weren't you? Did you think that the great reversal had come did you!? Fool!

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:03:52 AM

Are you that anxious to see me proven wrong that you pounce on a call of mine as soon as the market goes $20 against it?

Are you such a fkn bulltard that you start wetting your pants whenever Bitcoin rallies $25 on totally unremarkable volume, stopping dead right in front of a very short term and not particularly significant descending resistance trendline?

No, I don't care for immediate price movements, but your call to short at 430 is nothing short of ridiculous. For an extremely slim chance of $100 profit, you would risk what, where are your stops? at $800?

i am satoshi
socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:48:36 AM

Just hold! Bitcoin has gone through these bubble cycles at least five times now. With the current level of awareness and holders compared to 2011 in mind, we must be at the bottom of the current cycle or near to it.

God damn... you'd think people would learn by now.

I've been thinking this same thing look at the trends on all the charts you can see plain as day we are at/nearing the end of another correction cycle JUST LIKE THE "REAL" STOCK MARKET! But what if the price continues to go lower? Awesome I'll buy more and hold and if I end up with nothing then screw it it was a fun ride but I'll tell you what even if bitcoin hit 0 today it would not affect my livelihood at all. As for all the Alt coin doomsayers really I spent the past few months constantly balls deep in the alt coin market and guess what? Not a single one of those coins has had even the slightest hint of staying power MAYBE lite coin and doge (just through sheer inertia) all other alt coins are shit scams that last all of a week then drop to 0 volume and 1 sat before being dropped by all exchanges I won't even try to hazard a guess at how high btc will go and when but with the continued adoption (no matter how fast) there's only one direction it can go which is, eventually, up so just chill hang out relax forget you own btc and check the charts AT LEAST once a day 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
MatTheCat

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:27:10 PM

No, I don't care for immediate price movements, but your call to short at 430 is nothing short of ridiculous. For an extremely slim chance of $100 profit, you would risk what, where are your stops? at $800?

It wasn't a 'call'. It was 'even a short at $430 will prove a good trade'. oh and btw, if you are trading with leverage (or indeed not), catching a $50 swing is a sweet trade. Certainly not something you would want to be on the wrong side off.

With that said, if Bitcoin gets up to $470, that would set alarm bells ringing in my head that the market wasn't going to do what I thought it would do. That doesn't mean that $470 would be a stop, but I would certainly be looking closely at the market at this point.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Pente

Activity: 528
Merit: 527

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 07:31:09 PM

This spot reserved for 2016
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:36:50 PM

Any chart says we are on a bear market.
Great to see the perma bulls bashing the girl for her "weak hands". See how much are losing the people that bought litecoin, novacoin and all the other old alt coins at top and are holding. Keep holding, saying to yourself "I won't lose anything until I sell them".

Note you said altcoins rather than bitcoin.

I have never bought an altcoin and the only one I wouldn't think would go to zero is litecoin.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:37:27 PM

They buy, with sacred faith, screaming like a kamikaze "to da moon", the ones you want to sell, no matter the price.
Then, since they are very strong people, with very powerful hands, they hold them, even against all trends. They hold and hold, even losing 80%.
They are always the last bulls standing. So, when they finally give up, losing 90% or something, they easily sell their bitcoins to you on the bottom. You see why it has to be the bottom? When even the perma bulls give up, almost everyone is a bear and, therefore, almost all the people that were willing to sell, already sold. Since there are few sellers, the price has to go up...
How nice are perma bulls, they help us on the top and at the bottom Smiley

Still hodling.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:17:01 PM

It seems every time I find something that looks promising, I'm just a sucker waiting to give someone else a payout.  I have been following advice a gentleman offered to "hodl" my bitcoin, from $984 all the way down to now $436.  I've just been fooling myself, telling myself "Don't worry hon, it will go back up! It always has!"  I've been spending my time reading the forums and hoping.  My friends called me crazy when I told them it's a sure thing.  The shame is just as bad as the lost money.  So I quit.  You guys win.  Coins sold.  Sad

Selling now will end up with you having a sob story here about how you bought high, sold low and didn't have a chance to rebuy before another bitcoin rally: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=163258.0

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
r34tr783tr78

Activity: 481
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:45:27 AM

The problem with permabulls is that they care not for facts, charts or prices. It's all about faith and hope.
At Huobi, that is calling the shots, we have a double bottom at 2555/2558 and already an imperfect double top at 2870/2860. This top seems to be the short-term target. If this top is clearly breached, everything is possible. And I'll be ready to change my position from a bearish one to a bulish one. On the contrary, if the 2555 are breached, run for you money bulls.
Therefore, it's all about facts. I'll change my position accordingly.

Timo Y
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:59:39 AM

Your mistake is that you are letting your emotions influence your decisions. There is nothing wrong with that when it comes to making personal choices such as choosing a career, partner, or house. 

When it comes to the impersonal world of trading, this is a terrible strategy.  Emotions are predictable is that is precisely why more experienced traders are making money off of you.

To be successful in the trading game, you need to be an ice cold bastard.  Few people have what it takes emotionally and the ones who don't should stay away from it.

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d
MatTheCat

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:57:51 AM

Your mistake is that you are letting your emotions influence your decisions. There is nothing wrong with that when it comes to making personal choices such as choosing a career, partner, or house.  

When it comes to the impersonal world of trading, this is a terrible strategy.  Emotions are predictable is that is precisely why more experienced traders are making money off of you.

To be successful in the trading game, you need to be an ice cold bastard. Few people have what it takes emotionally and the ones who don't should stay away from it.

I agree with this.

I find that I am ten times better at making calls when I have no skin in the game than when I do. Having anything significant at stake totally changes the outlook on the market and using leverage (i.e. possibility of being completely wiped out) opens whole different psychological can of worms altogether. But then, the OPs problem was that she was buying emotionally to begin with, and now she is selling emotionally.

Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:20:25 PM

To be successful in the trading game, you need to be an ice cold bastard.  Few people have what it takes emotionally and the ones who don't should stay away from it.

I absolutely agree. I know I don't have what it takes so I just restrict myself to play only with a small portion of my total number of coins. I did more than double that small amount of BTC since the top in December (after losing 30% of the same amount trying to make trades during the big November rally), but I probably would have made more stupid emotional decisions had I used a larger portion of my BTC stack to trade with.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 05:19:09 PM

It seems every time I find something that looks promising, I'm just a sucker waiting to give someone else a payout.  I have been following advice a gentleman offered to "hodl" my bitcoin, from $984 all the way down to now $436.  I've just been fooling myself, telling myself "Don't worry hon, it will go back up! It always has!"  I've been spending my time reading the forums and hoping.  My friends called me crazy when I told them it's a sure thing.  The shame is just as bad as the lost money.  So I quit.  You guys win.  Coins sold.  Sad

Bitcoin is shooting up to 4-5K USD by the end of the year. You will regret your decision, Bitcoin is such a revolution it can't fail. Save yourself from panic buys and panic/desperate sells. In my case, it took almost 2 years, it's tough yes, but you need to be aware what kind of financial revolution is this. Completely distruptive technology that can't fail.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:28:41 PM

Selling now will end up with you having a sob story here about how you bought high, sold low and didn't have a chance to rebuy before another bitcoin rally: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=163258.0

Funny how the one most common regret in that topic is simply four words. "not holding my coins". You would think something as straightforward as holding should be easy but actually it is much harder than anything else Smiley Fight off greed, self-righteousness, temptation, desperation, fear, anger, advice, begging, and just hold. This is the ultimate zen, as in a way of a mind free of emotions.

i am satoshi
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:16:12 PM

I think we should coin the term 'Veronica' in a trading sense.

Veronica as a noun: someone who buys at a peak and sells the bottom
Veronica as a verb: doing a Veronica is the act of buying at a peak and selling the bottom
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: