Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:01:25 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I give up  (Read 22582 times)
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:10:46 AM

I think we should coin the term 'Veronica' in a trading sense.

Veronica as a noun: someone who buys at a peak and sells the bottom
Veronica as a verb: doing a Veronica is the act of buying at a peak and selling the bottom

The irony is that it would be types like you who would be telling Veronica to buy and hold at $1000. Indeed, it was someone like you who told her to buy and hold at $1000 and she done it.

How about

Veronica as a noun: Someone who heeds financial advice from some Nutter with Kool-Aid foaming out his mouth
Veronica as a verb: The act of getting drunk on 2nd hand Kool-Aid and making investment decisions whilst under the influence.

?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Ibistru

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:20:02 AM

It seems every time I find something that looks promising, I'm just a sucker waiting to give someone else a payout.  I have been following advice a gentleman offered to "hodl" my bitcoin, from $984 all the way down to now $436.  I've just been fooling myself, telling myself "Don't worry hon, it will go back up! It always has!"  I've been spending my time reading the forums and hoping.  My friends called me crazy when I told them it's a sure thing.  The shame is just as bad as the lost money.  So I quit.  You guys win.  Coins sold.  Sad

I just love it when noobs lose their money!  Cool
r34tr783tr78

Activity: 481
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:44:44 AM

In Poker they have a say "If you are playing and can't understand who is the sucker being ripped, stop playing and go away, the sucker is you".
The ones that point fingers now might find that in the end they were the suckers at the table.
The Op lost money, but if bitcoin goes much lower and she buys again, the suckers will be the ones who will sell even lower, perhaps to her.
And even if they can endure a hard crash without selling, the problem is that, after losing so much, they won't have the guts to buy much more. The bears that are watching out will have the opportunity to buy strong on the right time or, at least, at lower prices.

nuff

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:49:14 PM

Veronica as a verb: doing a Veronica is the act of buying at a peak and selling the bottom

+1000!!!

Mythul

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:29:12 AM

Veronica hope you are back on the train  Grin .

Hodl or get burned, the only rule in BTC !
frienemy

Activity: 235

I was promised da moon

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:42:02 AM

Veronica hope you are back on the train  Grin .

Hodl or get burned, the only rule in BTC !

Nope, she isn't:

Date Registered:   29-04-2014, 06:15:41
Last Active:   29-04-2014, 06:50:01

She onl came here to let her frustration out and will only come back again to let her frustration out when she sees on TV "Bitcoin makes a new ATH at about 5,000 USD. Sad but true...

MCTRL_751 >   END OF LINE
kehtolo

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:42:34 AM

It seems every time I find something that looks promising, I'm just a sucker waiting to give someone else a payout.  I have been following advice a gentleman offered to "hodl" my bitcoin, from $984 all the way down to now $436.  I've just been fooling myself, telling myself "Don't worry hon, it will go back up! It always has!"  I've been spending my time reading the forums and hoping.  My friends called me crazy when I told them it's a sure thing.  The shame is just as bad as the lost money.  So I quit.  You guys win.  Coins sold.  Sad

That's just fucking mean.
I feel sorry that the OP has 'done a Veronica' - I really do.. i almost can feel her shame. Imagine people laughing at you because you actually LOST money on bitcoin?
You need patience and you'll be well rewarded.. but it takes time, balls and a true understanding of what HODL means. Veronica, sadly never came to grasp this.

The next 24 hours are critical!
frienemy

I was promised da moon

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:45:20 AM

I feel sorry that the OP has 'done a Veronica' - I really do.. i almost can feel her shame. Imagine people laughing at you because you actually LOST money on bitcoin?
You need patience and you'll be well rewarded.. but it takes time, balls and a true understanding of what HODL means. Veronica, sadly never came to grasp this.

Another new phrase in the bitcoin dictionary?

kehtolo

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:48:53 AM

Credit goes to blatchcorn - first post on this page.

The next 24 hours are critical!
frienemy

I was promised da moon

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:54:44 AM

Credit goes to blatchcorn - first post on this page.

Oh, thanks for pointing that out. Didn't catch it myself. Hail blatchcorn!

sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:07:10 AM

...from $984 all the way down to now $436... 

...Coins sold.  Sad

The irony is that it would be types like you who would be telling Veronica to buy and hold at $1000. Indeed, it was someone like you who told her to buy and hold at $1000 and she done it.

How about

Veronica as a noun: Someone who heeds financial advice from some Nutter with Kool-Aid foaming out his mouth
Veronica as a verb: The act of getting drunk on 2nd hand Kool-Aid and making investment decisions whilst under the influence.

?

day by day, it's looking like blatchcorn's definition is proving to be more fitting.

whodathunkit

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
YogoH

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:45:13 AM

How about

?

sounds like you also did a veronica
MatTheCat

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:51:04 AM

No.

I did a Matthew.

'Doing a Matthew'.

As a Noun: Someone who buys an asset that is set to increase in value by over 10000%, only to swap it all out for drugs.
As a Verb: Someone who is in the process of swapping out vast quantities of an asset that is on the cusp of increasing by several orders of magnitude in value, for drugs.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:51:07 AM

Gloating is kind of uncool, mkay.

Seriously though. Those who feel the need to rub it in, don't  come complaining during the next flash crash (hint: they always come at some point) when the equivalent kind of ridicule is targeted at you while you stare at the screen in disbelief while watching the USD value of your account taking a big hit.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
MatTheCat

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:09:25 AM

Seriously though. Those who feel the need to rub it in, don't  come complaining during the next flash crash (hint: they always come at some point) when the equivalent kind of ridicule is targeted at you while you stare at the screen in disbelief while watching the USD value of your account taking a big hit.

The sorts who are doing all the gloating here are exactly those who were already celebrating $1500 (at least) by Jan 2014, and have indeed watched their holdings being absolutely decimated in USD value, all the whilst pretending to themselves and/or other people that, "Hey, I love all these crashes, just gives me a chance to load up on dem cheap coins"  Roll Eyes

Considering that this is the speculation sub-section of thee Bitcoin forum on the whole internet, there really is a hell of a lot of fuck-wits around here. There are many here who have been in Bitcoin since 2011, who are still drunk on Kool-Aid and who are still calling the market totally wrong every single time a retracement hits, let alone an out and out bear market sets in. Also, the majority of the Bitcoin Nutters do seem to be American and I can't help wondering if this has something to do with it.......people with a cultural tendency to want to wear their colours on their sleeves and think with their ball-sacks, and most critically, with a strong aversion to even acknowledging failure, let alone look it in the eye (which means they just don't fkn learn).

I am probably one of the most 'ignored' posters here (to be fair I have a shed load on ignore also), but this is a good thing. Although this the speculation sub forum, the population here with the odd exceptions result in it being more like the Anti-Speculation sub forum.

So what we have is an example of a n00b, who listened to the advice of some Bitcoin Nutter and bought in near a top, and has now sold near a long term bottom, who is now being gloated at by Bitcoin Nutters, each and everyone of whom would have been screaming at Veronica to buy n hold BTC at $1000......shower of despicable cunts!

Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:16:46 AM

I think the moral of the story is that you shouldn't just blindly follow someone else's advice ever. Anyone who guarantees you that investing in Bitcoin will make you lots of money is a moron, but people who actually fall for that are even worse. Start thinking for yourself and make your own decisions. I do feel some sympathy for Veronica and her daughter, but a responsible mother really should have known better.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
bitleif

Activity: 351

I'm always grumpy in the morning.

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:24:14 AM

Seriously though. Those who feel the need to rub it in, don't  come complaining during the next flash crash (hint: they always come at some point) when the equivalent kind of ridicule is targeted at you while you stare at the screen in disbelief while watching the USD value of your account taking a big hit.

This isn't gloating. It's ridiculing someone for their extreme whining and entitlement mentality. "Bitcoin didn't make me rich in six months. So you all suck and the world is against me! /emo"

Most of us have lost money at one time or another, but we don't go rattling off like a butt-hurt twelve year old about it.
MatTheCat

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:26:53 AM

I think the moral of the story is that you shouldn't just blindly follow someone else's advice ever. Anyone who guarantees you that investing in Bitcoin will make you lots of money is a moron, but people who actually fall for that are even worse. Start thinking for yourself and make your own decisions. I do feel some sympathy for Veronica and her daughter, but a responsible mother really should have known better.

I think that every single person in the world has no option to blindly follow others advice on a daily basis because the modern world is so vast and complex, that we have no option but to. Flight passengers have to trust the pilot to fly them safely to their destination, airline pilot has to trust the mechanic that his plane is good to fly, the mechanic has to trust the computer programmers that his fault finding software works, etc etc.

That is the modern world. Veronica trusted someone on an issue in which she was clueless, and in which she thought he was expert. I bet you that person is on this forum as well......JimboToronto? billyjoeallen? Ibian? fuck...the list could go on and on.

dreamspark

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:26:59 AM

No.

I did a Matthew.

'Doing a Matthew'.

As a Noun: Someone who buys an asset that is set to increase in value by over 10000%, only to swap it all out for drugs.
As a Verb: Someone who is in the process of swapping out vast quantities of an asset that is on the cusp of increasing by several orders of magnitude in value, for drugs.

I lol'd.

Thinking back at some of the things I spent my earlier BTC on, some of the most expensive times of my life!

C'mon guys gloating just makes you look 5 years old. The thing is most of the people who say stuff like "noobs deserve it" etc are probably sitting on .1BTC themselves...

Dont forget it could crash to $200 tommmorow and selling at $436 was a perfect move!
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:28:41 AM

Seriously though. Those who feel the need to rub it in, don't  come complaining during the next flash crash (hint: they always come at some point) when the equivalent kind of ridicule is targeted at you while you stare at the screen in disbelief while watching the USD value of your account taking a big hit.

This isn't gloating. It's ridiculing someone for their extreme whining and entitlement mentality. "Bitcoin didn't make me rich in six months. So you all suck and the world is against me! /emo"

Most of us have lost money at one time or another, but we don't go rattling off like a butt-hurt twelve year old about it.

I rarely get to the point of cursing someone out on this forum, but I'll make an exception here: You're a grade A cunt.

Assuming 'Veronica' is real and not some troll account, it looks pretty obvious to me she's probably not in the absolutely highest education bracket (unlike a lot of other early adopters). There are two ways to react to that: 1) ha ha, those dumb people had it coming. 2) [silence].

I'm not asking for your pity if/when a not exactly genius person makes a bad decision. I ask you to refrain from gloating.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: