Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:52:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost 150 BTC from this address  (Read 3818 times)
activebiz

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 02:04:59 AM

Sorry for your loss. I believe the chances of someone else generating ur keys are still very slim. This must be the work of malware

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BunsenBurner

Activity: 653

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:09:22 AM

blockchain.info is an online wallet?

Though you have sole control of your private keys on blockchain.info wallet (unlike on exchanges), your bitcoin can be stolen with malware on your computer.

BunsenBurner

Activity: 653

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 03:19:02 AM

16mLN1bvHArZGUxT5TgHjixR43sLJ6hUMR

After hearing about the R-value and RNG incidences,
I wondering if the private key of the address can really be derived or the intruder must have got in another way.

I posted on reddit few days ago, http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/23ybk8/just_came_back_from_hospital_for_appendix_rupture/

but it's such a big amount that I couldn't let go,

TLDR:, the address is from my blockchain.info wallet, I made a big mistake importing it to my main wallet, forgot about it, and one day decided to randomly pick an address to receive 151 BTC, turned out that I picked that address, 2 months later, 150 BTC traveled on its own out of the address, it took me 5 days to realized the loss.

I wasn't sure how I signed up for my blockchain.info wallet. I cannot find prove that I used browser to sign up that day, there is a slight chance that it could be an android device.

Sorry to hear your loss.
I don't think you can recover the loss, and I suggest you to create a new paper wallet or offline wallet and put majority of your bitcoin in it now.

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 06:16:29 AM

I wondering if the private key of the address can really be derived or the intruder must have got in another way.

I posted on reddit few days ago, http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/23ybk8/just_came_back_from_hospital_for_appendix_rupture/

TLDR:, the address is from my blockchain.info wallet, I made a big mistake importing it to my main wallet, forgot about it, and one day decided to randomly pick an address to receive 151 BTC, turned out that I picked that address, 2 months later, 150 BTC traveled on its own out of the address, it took me 5 days to realized the loss.

I wasn't sure how I signed up for my blockchain.info wallet. I cannot find prove that I used browser to sign up that day, there is a slight chance that it could be an android device.

Have you recovered your money?
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 12:26:34 PM

no, it's hard earned money, and I'm sick of it. I got hit by a string of bad luck since october, starting by popping shoulder in ocean while surfing, cracked another wrist a few months later wakeboarding, diagnosed with anal fistula, went through ass operation, upon recovery appendix suddenly bursted, went through another surgery, came back home, checked the wallet, and kaboom !
Ouch, that sounds really harsh.
I hope you will manage somehow, life is great, money is not everything.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 02:07:10 AM

no, it's hard earned money, and I'm sick of it. I got hit by a string of bad luck since october, starting by popping shoulder in ocean while surfing, cracked another wrist a few months later wakeboarding, diagnosed with anal fistula, went through ass operation, upon recovery appendix suddenly bursted, went through another surgery, came back home, checked the wallet, and kaboom !

Well that is really alot of money, i have considerably less bitcoins than him, but i take 100x more precautions.

It must be one of the worst days in a persons life to wake up with empty wallet  Sad

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 11:17:21 AM

Well that is really alot of money, i have considerably less bitcoins than him, but i take 100x more precautions.

The most right thing to do. I'm astonished about his loss (sorry). Seems like him has ten times more and use them like cents.
SmartIphone
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 12:45:35 PM

150 BTC is really a huge huge amount of money. Must be careful every time when dealing.
g1974ak

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:54:10 AM

It's a big loss. So sorry for this. I can't imagine even to have those bitcoins. But if, I will be sure to not will lose those in such way.
Somekindabitcoin

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 09:10:02 PM

I'm really sorry for your loss, but never ever keep more than 1 BTC in one address! I have slightly lower amount than this and I have even 3x more addresses than BTC and if one of my private keys is hacked, I don't really care..
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:26:15 AM

as said in this thread a few times already... thats a LOT of money. also OP has much more, but that doesnt make the loss any easier to bear.

OP, sorry, but there is little to no chance to get your funds returned... you are only a member rank, but you have so many btc... were you an early miner? its wierd because i would assume, from the amount of btc you hold that you must have been around for a while.

It just goes to show you, no matter how much you think you understand btc and your own safety, you can be victimized.

I lost ~6 btc last year to some hack. I bought a ledger wallet the next day.

OP needs to get a hardware wallet.

sorry bro.
Somekindabitcoin

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:28:24 AM

as said in this thread a few times already... thats a LOT of money. also OP has much more, but that doesnt make the loss any easier to bear.

OP, sorry, but there is little to no chance to get your funds returned... you are only a member rank, but you have so many btc... were you an early miner? its wierd because i would assume, from the amount of btc you hold that you must have been around for a while.

It just goes to show you, no matter how much you think you understand btc and your own safety, you can be victimized.

I lost ~6 btc last year to some hack. I bought a ledger wallet the next day.

OP needs to get a hardware wallet.

sorry bro.

How much BTC does he have and ho do you know it? Are you friends? I would probably kill yourself for a 150 BTC loss because of a "mistake".. that's terrible Sad
dollarneed

Activity: 742

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 08:22:13 PM

wow it so much bitcoin amount
most important that you have to thinking about it is not about how much you're losed your money itsmore about how you're let them go and mae yourself free and relax
lissandra

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 06:47:56 AM

Holy crap.. man.

I dont know what to say, but my mouth kinda dropped when i saw the #. In the future though, you should test the amount youre sending not like all at once cause i noticed its the easy simple mistakes that happen way more.

Eg: mistyping amount to .1 when its supposed to be like 0.01

I know the mistake isnt the same as sending 150 btc, but its like how most forget to also back up a dat file and falls under the basics category with bitcoin. So sorry though this happen to you..

RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:00:34 AM

Ah crap guys this is a 1 year old post, i`m sure he already earned back his losses since then.

It's obvious to not use online wallets for so big sums of money.

Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 08:07:50 PM

Lose 150 BTC when the price was almost at the top, sad.

See the good side, if you have 150 BTCs to lose, even at current prices, you already are ahead of most people that maybe won't hold such large sums in his whole life, then you probably will recover with less effort than normal people would take to gather 150 BTC
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: