Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:30:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 [495] 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed Thread  (Read 677630 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:24:55 PM

A lot of people dissatisfied here.
I'd be curious - anyone is happy with how things are going?

You can't do things well and have bad outcomes.

Edit:
Yet it's smart to change something than to persist in the same ... things!

As with many things in life, it's all about communication. The lack thereof has always been the major bugbear with this project.

A market and community develops well when there are detailed and responsive explanations of how the project works and how it intends to progress. That sustains interest and increases expectations.

Almost all alts are pure speculation at the moment. You can't speculate and eventually make use of something you don't know anything about and have no idea when you might know more.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5017

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:28:21 PM

How are things progressing with Node? Any news?

I guess we should just wait for the next wallet release..

NODE developers seem to ninja launch / release without warning.  They said end of summer they'ld have NODE integrated into some bank and there'll be $Fiat on the blockchain, honestly I'm skeptical until it happens.  It's a huge mental leap for me (and presumably others) that some bank in Ukraine would happily adopt some obscure cryptocurrency with some $90K capitalization.

Ninja launch? WTF are you talking about. Man your trolling gets worse and worse. Do you even think before posting? The rest of what you said is pretty much on though.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
whitecloud

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 08:59:42 PM

The project started with a lot of hope but has now fallen behind. The market doesn't lie.
This is what happens when schedules are not met and it keeps getting dragged on.

Actually Node Project have not even started yet Wink

May be few of the Crypto community has a fundamental economic education so just a few of them realize that today's CryptoCurrency market is not a market at all - it's a Trade Fair of hopes rather than the market of products and services as it should be, and this is its biggest drawback btw.

We created Node for other purposes, so we are not interested in speculative market at all.
Today Node is trading on a single exchange on an experimental basis, and soon we will add it on a couple of others, but only because there is a need of the Community - for us it is unnecessary at this stage, honestly.

Btw on that single Exchange Node is always in Top15 Cheesy regularly leaving Darkcoin behind by trading volume  Grin ...what is a quite strange for us at this stage 'cause we don't play with the rates like others, - we don't blow bubbles and don't arrange American races with japanese candles, - we haven't sold on Bter a single Node from the development fund (what is easy to check btw). Honestly we don't paying attention to the present exchange rate at all, 'cause in fact before the release of final product it doesn't cost anything like any other Cryptocurrency btw, but unfortunately very few people understand it.

We would rather work for the future and did not focus on speculative trading, we have a different concept.
Honestly, the less speculations will be associated with a Node the better for us in the long run, even if the Exchange rate will be 2 Satoshi.
Frankly, speculative trading is the biggest problem of any crypto project.

So if you really want to help you just run the client and support network Smiley I think soon we will release manual about how to run Node Client on an inexpensive Linux hosting with regular payback it's costs Smiley

... but is ideed a need of the Community for you ?  Grin
CryingMidget

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 11:07:50 PM

The community is only part of the problem.  Our main problem is BTER. 
We've been asking for a new exchange for months.  IDEK if devs are trying, but it's time to pay the 3.0BTC to Bittrex for a spotlight.
In my opinion, this is the only way Node will survive another 6 months. 
If we don't have a new exchange soon, it's over for Node.
I want to see this project to succeed and I'm willing to help.
No offense to Dev's, but you're doing a really bad job. 
If you are only going to code, GET SOMEONE ELSE TO HANDLE MARKETING because while you may be great coders, marketing is going to be your downfall.

Tired of watching prices drop, DEVS DOING NOTHING about it.
Very unhappy with how this is going right now, but I'll remain a supporter aslong as these issues are addressed.
LemonAndFries

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:14:16 AM

I'm going to give you guys the side of my story:

I stepped up when I noticed that node was losing ground. I really did like the idea behind node and what it could bring to crypto scene.

A lot of community members wanted to start a reward program, at the time I had some extra money to spend so I decided to use it towards node.
There was a lot of "we should" but not a lot of "let's do it", so I said to myself "let's do it."

When the BTER scandal happened, I was the one to contact Alcurex and convince the dev to list node. No other exchanges were willing to do it, but I did receive some info from one of the active participants on Poloniex that node's node.js coding was not good for a crypto coin (no other explanation, just that node.js was a bad idea).

Silkk did pay me at one point 150k node for helping out, but after that any questions I had were just basically the same thing he answers with on this thread.

Then the questions of what happened to the rest of the team, NodeClub's way of talking even seemed like he was a payed hype man to get everyone on board but I thought to myself "maybe he's just really excited about the project."

Fast forward a few months, koop4u shows up with his MLM style scheme and here we are today.
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:30:23 AM

I'm going to give you guys the side of my story:

I stepped up when I noticed that node was losing ground. I really did like the idea behind node and what it could bring to crypto scene.

A lot of community members wanted to start a reward program, at the time I had some extra money to spend so I decided to use it towards node.
There was a lot of "we should" but not a lot of "let's do it", so I said to myself "let's do it."

When the BTER scandal happened, I was the one to contact Alcurex and convince the dev to list node. No other exchanges were willing to do it, but I did receive some info from one of the active participants on Poloniex that node's node.js coding was not good for a crypto coin (no other explanation, just that node.js was a bad idea).

Silkk did pay me at one point 150k node for helping out, but after that any questions I had were just basically the same thing he answers with on this thread.

Then the questions of what happened to the rest of the team, NodeClub's way of talking even seemed like he was a payed hype man to get everyone on board but I thought to myself "maybe he's just really excited about the project."

Fast forward a few months, koop4u shows up with his MLM style scheme and here we are today.
Were they talking about the node the coin or node.js the programming language? I have talked to a few other devs about the node.js the programming language and they think it will be great for a crypto.
LemonAndFries

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:31:55 AM

Were they talking about the node the coin or node.js the programming language? I have talked to a few other devs about the node.js the programming language and they think it will be great for a crypto.

The coding language, for some reason a lot of people don't think node.js is a good language for crypto coin.

No one explains why, just that it's not good.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 08:01:44 AM

We've been asking for a new exchange for months.  IDEK if devs are trying, but it's time to pay the 3.0BTC to Bittrex for a spotlight.
If you are only going to code, GET SOMEONE ELSE TO HANDLE MARKETING because while you may be great coders, marketing is going to be your downfall.

Very unhappy with how this is going right now, but I'll remain a supporter aslong as these issues are addressed.

If you really think Bter is the main problem then you are delusional.
Not to mention...who can blame other exchanges for not adding NODE ? Would you add notoriously unfinished software to your exchange that on top of it wouldn't even bring you any volume ?
Peoples fixation on exchanges is astounding.

SCREW MORE EXCHANGES! What this project needs is a proper team to drive it and not 2 to 3 people that rarely show up and basically never deliver what they promise. I don't even blame them for not being around. I'm sure they have their reasons. Maybe it's personal problems. Whatever it is though...you can't run a project like this.

kevinkk525

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 12:56:24 PM

the devs always pronounced that this will be a longterm investment.
And they are probably right but if the community dumps a project before it is finished then nobody even cares about it once it is finished (or at least it will be very very hard to rise again).
I don't want to say that devs are doing a bad job because they don't, at least for the coding part.
But as many people here already said, marketing and information flow is horrible and that will be the fall of NODE..
Even testnet is not working properly because they just expect the community to download it, search for other people they can send money to and hope for contribution.. this could be easily coordinated as they did it during the first testclient period!
But maybe Silkroad is the only dev left and has no time for anything... who knows. they don't really give answers about anything.
A few months ago there was the idea of skyping with the devs but it did not happen. Maybe it's good to try that again?
We need honest answers and information, coordination and marketing.
I don't want short success but you can't let a project die like this..
visaco

Activity: 359

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:21:38 PM

if i invest 1 000 eur on this project?         a wise choice?

i used the the wallet it's really smoth & fast...i like it

I have told you NEM will make you a millionaire and we have made it ...IOST is the new baby Money making machine.  keep an eye on this little Monster...
whitecloud

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:35:16 PM

How wise do you think can be to get advice here ?
Do you think would be objective?
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 05:39:41 PM

if i invest 1 000 eur on this project?         a wise choice?

How wise do you think can be to get advice here ?
Do you think would be objective?

That and we've seen these kind of "posts" from low-post accounts for many years now.  Someone swooping in saying they'll spend $1000s or more (or scaled up if the volume / capitalization is bigger) and yet never follow through.   Cheesy  Those kind of posts happen all the time and I think it's just people trying to create false excitement to boost the price up, so they can cash out (a psychological game) but it rarely ever works.

Even if you did put $1000s into NODE, it's still roulette because nobody is sure if NODE can pull off being integrated by a bank and putting $Fiat on blockchain.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:05:43 PM

Not wise.

If you feel like taking a wild bet and you don't care if your money goes up in smoke then there are still better bets out there.
CryingMidget

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 07:32:34 PM

If you really think Bter is the main problem then you are delusional.
Not to mention...who can blame other exchanges for not adding NODE ? Would you add notoriously unfinished software to your exchange that on top of it wouldn't even bring you any volume ?
Peoples fixation on exchanges is astounding.

SCREW MORE EXCHANGES! What this project needs is a proper team to drive it and not 2 to 3 people that rarely show up and basically never deliver what they promise. I don't even blame them for not being around. I'm sure they have their reasons. Maybe it's personal problems. Whatever it is though...you can't run a project like this.

Yes, there's tons of problems with this project, but how are we supposed to build anything sustainable with an exchange with a horrible reputation, and one that hardly even exists.  We don't need more exchanges, we need ONE that isn't COMPLETE SHIT.

Nobody trusts their coins on BTER, and Alcurex is tiny.  Forget them.  Pay the 3.0 BTC spotlight on Bittrex with the promo fund before NODE isn't worth anything.

It's going to be how dev's react to this that determines if I dump for good. 

The ONLY reason I am still invested is the innovation this coin brings to the table.  Wish the Devs cared.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:20:28 AM

The ONLY reason I am still invested is the innovation this coin brings to the table.  Wish the Devs cared.

Without them finally giving technical credence to those innovations I consider them questionable at best.
The only reason I'm still invested is because i signed up when it was free and kinda missed the last dump.

Andrelvogue

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:27:11 AM

My wallet is not syncing, can anyone help me?
BitHappy24

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:29:41 AM

My wallet is not syncing, can anyone help me?

Have you tried downloading the latest version. ?
whitecloud

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:47:42 AM

From may 14 'till now, TheRealSilk post one word: yes!
Good to know he is still positive! Grin

is this test client or a real client?

yes
whitecloud

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 08:01:44 AM

I have seemed strange rounding in transactions.
Sure in long-term, in many transactions ... not give more or less than 1 billion nodes?

Maybe TheRealSilk say more than "yes".  Cheesy
CoinsInTheCan

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 11:07:14 AM

I guess we need three basic things that every coin has, which should keep up interest to Node and gives the community something to discuss, while waiting "the big news":

1. Website

2. Somebody from dev-team to stop by every day and give some info about the project and answer some guestions that people have about Node.
    Koop4u ? ...or where's "Nodeclub" ? Drag him back here asap !

3. Bittrex ...to get some volume and new Nodesters on board. (If devs don't have those BTC to spend, maybe 3 BTC wholesale ?)
Pages: « 1 ... 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 [495] 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 »
  Print  

Jump to: