Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:18:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SOLD OUT - 750GH/s for $849 - VMC Fast Hash One Gold Rush 0.83w/gh  (Read 25078 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rangerbob21

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:01:59 PM

I am hoping someone will find fault on my rig setup and be the answer to getting the card up to spec...

Corsair HX750M PS + Corsair H110i cooler + 1-coolermaster 240MM fan cooling the board + good exhaust for the radiator (this same exhaust keeps a small room /w 4 S1's @~72F)

-I used the procedure in the Prospector card thread to attach the cooler using the 8/32 nuts.
-Cleaned and re-applied thermal paste on the board and cooler.
-The PS has all 4 Pci-e plugs attached
-I tested the OC from 400MHz-850Mhz and found the board hashed no faster and only created more heat for no gain... I let the board run for ~1 hour for testing at different OC levels.
-Getting <600GH/s steady @775MHz @~87C

I am beginning to think this is a card problem... Anyone else have a different outcome?

Having the same issue's as you, same PSU, running the H80I cooler, extra fan blowing across the board.
Followed the Prospector card procedure to attach everything and I can only average 600ghs @ 800mhz @ 91c-93c.
Anyone have an idea on how to get over 700ghs?
Masking tape test results on ours showed 689ghs @.88volts and 800mhz...can't get anywhere close to that number,
even running an ice chilled water cooling system @ 800mhz still only pulls 600ghs average @ 90c.

What base are you using with the water block? I used the block of aluminum that came with the OGR card. The base that came with the H110i has threaded standoffs that were too long going through the board and would never work.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rangerbob21

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 08:15:00 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2014, 09:04:17 PM by rangerbob21

Just another PIC...
Stalker2

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 10:09:55 PM

I am hoping someone will find fault on my rig setup and be the answer to getting the card up to spec...

Corsair HX750M PS + Corsair H110i cooler + 1-coolermaster 240MM fan cooling the board + good exhaust for the radiator (this same exhaust keeps a small room /w 4 S1's @~72F)

-I used the procedure in the Prospector card thread to attach the cooler using the 8/32 nuts.
-Cleaned and re-applied thermal paste on the board and cooler.
-The PS has all 4 Pci-e plugs attached
-I tested the OC from 400MHz-850Mhz and found the board hashed no faster and only created more heat for no gain... I let the board run for ~1 hour for testing at different OC levels.
-Getting <600GH/s steady @775MHz @~87C

I am beginning to think this is a card problem... Anyone else have a different outcome?

Having the same issue's as you, same PSU, running the H80I cooler, extra fan blowing across the board.
Followed the Prospector card procedure to attach everything and I can only average 600ghs @ 800mhz @ 91c-93c.
Anyone have an idea on how to get over 700ghs?
Masking tape test results on ours showed 689ghs @.88volts and 800mhz...can't get anywhere close to that number,
even running an ice chilled water cooling system @ 800mhz still only pulls 600ghs average @ 90c.

What base are you using with the water block? I used the block of aluminum that came with the OGR card. The base that came with the H110i has threaded standoffs that were too long going through the board and would never work.

I used the same base you did, had the same problem.
faxfan2002

Activity: 83

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:14:16 PM

Ordered one trying to pay by btc, messages sent (here and on website) but no response  Sad
rangerbob21

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:18:06 PM

Vince, Actm, Ken any feedback on the OGR card setup/performance?
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:29:58 PM

Just noticed on the OP it says 750 Gh/s +/-20%.
-20% is 600 Gh/s.
rangerbob21

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 06:47:52 PM

Just noticed on the OP it says 750 Gh/s +/-20%.
-20% is 600 Gh/s.

Yep... I am getting less than 600GH/s... and nowhere near the "tested at" hash rate sent with the card.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 07:07:13 PM

Been following this thread to see if these are worth it due to the reasonable cost.  Doesn't look like these cards come close to 750 GH/s.  So far it's a pass.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
rangerbob21

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:18:46 PM

Been following this thread to see if these are worth it due to the reasonable cost.  Doesn't look like these cards come close to 750 GH/s.  So far it's a pass.

I am hoping this is a "my setup" issue... hoping...  Undecided
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:38:11 PM

I have never installed a water cooler or large CPU cooler.  I have a couple of questions for anyone that can answer:

1. I have purple adhesive, but no heat sinks like in the Prospector instructions.  Was I suppose to have them?

2. If the answer to that question is no heatsinks needed on this board, then what do I do with the adhesive?

3. I am following the Prospector instructions on placing the A Plate on the bottom of the board, turning it over and then attempting to screw in the large Plate that was sent with the Gold Rush.  But I don't have screws long enough to go through large plate and then the A Plate.  Should I be doing it a different way?

Appreciate any help.
rangerbob21

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:13:52 PM

I have never installed a water cooler or large CPU cooler.  I have a couple of questions for anyone that can answer:

1. I have purple adhesive, but no heat sinks like in the Prospector instructions.  Was I suppose to have them?

2. If the answer to that question is no heatsinks needed on this board, then what do I do with the adhesive?

3. I am following the Prospector instructions on placing the A Plate on the bottom of the board, turning it over and then attempting to screw in the large Plate that was sent with the Gold Rush.  But I don't have screws long enough to go through large plate and then the A Plate.  Should I be doing it a different way?

Appreciate any help.

I set the card up with the aluminum block as the base (pay attention to the orientation...) cleaned all, reapplied the thermal compound and discarded the base plate that came with my cooler (H110i) and the purple stuff. I then followed the prospector setup with the 8/32 nuts to attach... I have no idea if this is correct but it seems to work.

I needed to get the nuts pretty snug to get good heat transfer but not too tight or you can cause damage to the chips, 1/4 turn at a time...
Swimmer63
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:16:20 PM

Appreciate any help.

I set the card up with the aluminum block as the base (pay attention to the orientation...) cleaned all, reapplied the thermal compound and discarded the base plate that came with my cooler (H110i) and the purple stuff. I then followed the prospector setup with the 8/32 nuts to attach... I have no idea if this is correct but it seems to work.

I needed to get the nuts pretty snug to get good heat transfer but not too tight or you can cause damage to the chips, 1/4 turn at a time...
Excellent.  Very helpful.  Thank you! Not sure why there are no specific instructions for this card?
rangerbob21

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 10:24:24 PM

Appreciate any help.

Excellent.  Very helpful.  Thank you! Not sure why there are no specific instructions for this card?

This is DIY territory Smiley
eestimees

Activity: 651
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:01:45 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2014, 11:33:26 AM by eestimees

to whom who have received their boards:

were you able to track shipping before you received it? behind the order I have DHL tracking, status says it was shipped some day's ago, but DHL tracking site has no information whatsoever... ?

EDIT: Never mind.. Fedex just called.. package in customs.. Smiley

eestimees
Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:07:59 AM

What is the performance on these units?

Do they perform as advertised?
faxfan2002

Activity: 83

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 09:55:39 AM

Ordered one trying to pay by btc, messages sent (here and on website) but no response  Sad

zzzzzzzzzz.. guys, don't try paying by bitcoin.
rangerbob21

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:20:29 PM

This...
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 02:24:31 PM

So in reality, this card is really 550 GH/s to 600 GH/s for $849 when you can get 3 Ants for $600?

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
rangerbob21

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:29:58 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2014, 02:40:37 PM by rangerbob21

So in reality, this card is really 550 GH/s to 600 GH/s for $849 when you can get 3 Ants for $600?

...With ~X2+ the power consumption for the S1s, but so far, yea that is what I see...

I really wish I could get any feedback from Ken (and/or company) on what is going on with the performance of the board. So far I am under spec...     

Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:05:46 PM

I do not have a Gold Rush card but because it is an EVO or extremely similar I've been told the contact of the cooler is EXTREMELY important for the hashrate. If the cooler is even slightly out of contact you'll get the numbers you are getting. Also if you are using a second grade paste this can cause issues too or if you put the paste on wrong (too many "air bubbles" from not spreading correctly)

It's also Extremely important that the back plate on the bottom is secure and taking some heat off the board. Get some air flow under the card as well.

As I said before I do not have one of these cards so I can't tell you exactly what's wrong. Also what does your CGMiner/BFGMiner command say so I can compare. It is extremely unfortunate that Ken is not giving any recommendations but not surprising.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: