Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:50:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SOLD OUT - 750GH/s for $849 - VMC Fast Hash One Gold Rush 0.83w/gh  (Read 25078 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 11:28:02 PM

Do you have any image?

nope, but it's not that hard,

I did something like this:

1) download Debian Wheezy rasbperryPi image from here: http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/
2) write it to SD card: http://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/installation/installing-images/README.md
3) connect microusb for power and monitor and keyboard to rasbPi and boot up, there will be little setup, i think you should do the 1st step atleast (just choose to enlarge partition, and all will be automatic)
4) connect fash-hast card to raspbery, after that when typing 'lsusb' you should see a new device that was not there before you connected fash-hast card.
5) install some more packages:
sudo apt-get install build-essential autoconf automake libtool pkg-config libcurl3-dev libudev-dev
6) clone cgminer from git
git clone git://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer.git
7) compile
cd cgminer
./autogen
./configure --enable-hashfast
make
 Wink run cgminer as usual

EDIT: And don't forget to tip ckolivas Smiley

Thanks, that was very nice.

VERY NICE!  But I'm stuck on #7.  After cd cgminer.  I get errors on "./autogen"  What am I missing?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xjack

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 11:56:11 PM

Do you have any image?

1) download Debian Wheezy rasbperryPi image from here: http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/
2) write it to SD card: http://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/installation/installing-images/README.md
3) connect microusb for power and monitor and keyboard to rasbPi and boot up, there will be little setup, i think you should do the 1st step atleast (just choose to enlarge partition, and all will be automatic)
4) connect fash-hast card to raspbery, after that when typing 'lsusb' you should see a new device that was not there before you connected fash-hast card.
sudo apt-get install build-essential autoconf automake libtool pkg-config libcurl3-dev libudev-dev
7) compile
cd cgminer
./autogen
make

VERY NICE!  But I'm stuck on #7.  After cd cgminer.  I get errors on "./autogen"  What am I missing?

./autogen.sh

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
rangerbob21

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:43:53 PM

Do you have any image?

7) compile
cd cgminer
./autogen
make

I may be incorrect here but if you did not get cgminer from GIT then autogen is not needed. Just configure and make.
gujo82

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:44:47 PM

i have put it together (to the best of my knowledge) according to the instructions..

there is your problem.. you need to be creative Smiley I get my h110 tomorrow, will keep you posted then.. at the moment my board is hashing 450-550G with h100i @800MHz

Great Smiley hope you have better luck with it  Grin
rangerbob21

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:51:32 PM

Well I am sad to report that my GR card is no longer recognized by any system after I plugged in an additional fan to the board (fan 2 header). I am now at a loss. The board powers up with the normal lights and the normal indicators when USB is plugged in. after that, nothing is recognized.

What I did to "cause" this...
1. All systems running stable ~600GH/s @ ~90C @ 800MHz
2. Power Card down
3. Plug additional fan into fan2 header pins
4. Power up card (new fan was spinning)
5. nothing, card usb not seen by multiple systems.

Anyone have any troubleshooting ideas here?

I contacted Ken and company but have had no response.

My card was running off and on (off for liquid block placement) for roughly <2 weeks total.

Thanks!  
Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:57:15 PM

i have put it together (to the best of my knowledge) according to the instructions..

there is your problem.. you need to be creative Smiley I get my h110 tomorrow, will keep you posted then.. at the moment my board is hashing 450-550G with h100i @800MHz

Great Smiley hope you have better luck with it  Grin
You should be fine with your cooler, just attach better fans to the radiator.
Double cfm fans, double the cooling Smiley
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:59:09 PM

Well I am sad to report that my GR card is no longer recognized by any system after I plugged in an additional fan to the board (fan 2 header). I am now at a loss. The board powers up with the normal lights and the normal indicators when USB is plugged in. after that, nothing is recognized.

2. Power Card down

My card was running off and on (off for liquid block placement) for roughly <2 weeks total.

Thanks!  

Perhaps try removing the second fan and seeing if it comes back to life.  I half recall there being issues with power when running multiple fans.
Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:11:03 PM

BTW has anyone measured power efficiency at the wall?
eestimees

Activity: 651

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 04:56:19 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2014, 05:11:08 PM by eestimees

ok, here I go:

indeed, using parts that came along with h110 watercooler, it is not possible to fit it on card, there will be a small cap..
so I used kids construction parts that were laying around.. and fitted into coolermaster mini-itx 130 case, I must say H100i is easyer to install on the miner board and into that chassi, also H100i is same size as air-intake holes on the side of case, although I leave cover off..

Temps seem to be about the same.. this card was 659GHz tested, 0.88v.. for me eligius about the same performance or maybe a 20G+ more.. time will tell..

Still I wonder how to rise voltage to the same step as "tested" label indicates...

I must say I lake the design of my miner.. If building it would not be so expensive and time consuming, I would add rPi and voila, you would get a nice miner Smiley for now I have some more to build for myself Wink

EDIT: ok,, system with H100i get hotter.. it sits infront of air ventilation hole and gets hotter than system that has H110 and is next to it but does not have fresh and cool air ventilation hole in front of it.. so for next systems for me it is H110 or H100i + better fans..

eestimees
eestimees

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:30:14 PM

2 cards on btcguild:
1,074.86 GH/s   5115392 (99.42%)   27136 / 0 / 2560

1,2G and I would be fine, but this is.. this is.. too low...

eestimees
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 05:38:36 PM

2 cards on btcguild:

Wow, not even 600 GH/s per card.  I've been following this thread to see if anyone has had the magic touch to push them to 700 or up.

Still waiting on the sidelines.  Decent price too.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
rangerbob21

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:38:51 PM

My cgminer totals were in the 800+GH/s range while mining at eligius but the actual hash rate from the pool showed what I had normally on other pools-550-600 GH/s.
rangerbob21

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:41:21 PM

2. Power Card down

Thanks!  

Perhaps try removing the second fan and seeing if it comes back to life.  I half recall there being issues with power when running multiple fans.

First thing I did... Smiley No joy.
rangerbob21

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:46:00 PM

2 cards on btcguild:

Wow, not even 600 GH/s per card.  I've been following this thread to see if anyone has had the magic touch to push them to 700 or up.

Still waiting on the sidelines.  Decent price too.

No one has answered where/what/how the "masking tape" test results came from but I know of no one getting more than 650GH/s out of any of the GR cards in the wild. I personally never was above 600GH/s at any time.
rangerbob21

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:47:59 PM

BTW has anyone measured power efficiency at the wall?

@ 800MHz ~580-600GH/s @750 watts at the wall If I remember correctly.
rangerbob21

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:49:41 PM

Has anyone contacted VMC to see what they'll do for miners that fall outside of the +/-20% variance?

It seems that ~650Gh/s is a more realistic expectation from these.

I think it's pretty well accepted at this point that they'll ignore you and your inquiries.

Other then for payment, yea, so far, nothing...
rangerbob21

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:52:56 PM

How are the miners performing?

at least 13% under the promised 750gh/s spec.  over 30% under spec in my case.

Has anyone contacted VMC to see what they'll do for miners that fall outside of the +/-20% variance?

It seems that ~650Gh/s is a more realistic expectation from these.

Yes. Nothing but us crickets here...
gujo82

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:12:34 PM

ok, here I go:

indeed, using parts that came along with h110 watercooler, it is not possible to fit it on card, there will be a small cap..
so I used kids construction parts that were laying around.. and fitted into coolermaster mini-itx 130 case, I must say H100i is easyer to install on the miner board and into that chassi, also H100i is same size as air-intake holes on the side of case, although I leave cover off..

Temps seem to be about the same.. this card was 659GHz tested, 0.88v.. for me eligius about the same performance or maybe a 20G+ more.. time will tell..

Still I wonder how to rise voltage to the same step as "tested" label indicates...

I must say I lake the design of my miner.. If building it would not be so expensive and time consuming, I would add rPi and voila, you would get a nice miner Smiley for now I have some more to build for myself Wink

EDIT: ok,, system with H100i get hotter.. it sits infront of air ventilation hole and gets hotter than system that has H110 and is next to it but does not have fresh and cool air ventilation hole in front of it.. so for next systems for me it is H110 or H100i + better fans..

Thanks for the update Smiley did you manage to get it in contact with the cores? another stupid q - are you having the fans blow into the radiator or out from it? doesnt say in the corsair manual..  Huh
Stalker2

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:25:55 PM

2. Power Card down

Thanks!  

Had the same thing the other day, I pushed the reset button on the card, it rebooted and showed up on my pc.
eestimees

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:38:38 PM

ok, here I go:

Thanks for the update Smiley did you manage to get it in contact with the cores? another stupid q - are you having the fans blow into the radiator or out from it? doesnt say in the corsair manual..  Huh

I installed fans to pull air inside the case through radiator and out. case has one 120mm and one smaller fan to push air in, also case is open in the back, so air can flow freely around the PCB also.

yes, it is in contact w cores

eestimees
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: