Bitcoin Forum
August 21, 2024, 08:43:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MOTO] Motocoin  (Read 178209 times)
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 08:28:13 PM

Just keep pressing F6 until you find a level that is possible to complete.
The game is hard but at least you can rewind it, otherwise it'd be impossible.
I also made it through one level and it took about 6 minutes or so. Can't wait to try it out for real.
lamosty

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:30:58 PM

As a big fan and rider of motorcycles, I'm really glad someone made this coin. Although I'm better on the road than on the dirt, let's play this game and win all the coins!! Smiley
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:32:39 PM

I also had that idea already. The problem is, that you can write a bot, that drives for you.
everything a human can do can be botted, except something creative, but that probably can not be done by all people otherwise...
good thing is, that at the beginning it doesn't make sense to write a bot, because it costs a lot of time.
But if the coin growed, you'll have a lot of cheaters...
lamosty

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:36:54 PM

I also had that idea already. The problem is, that you can write a bot, that drives for you.
everything a human can do can be botted, except something creative, but that probably can not be done by all people otherwise...
good thing is, that at the beginning it doesn't make sense to write a bot, because it costs a lot of time.
But if the coin growed, you have a lot of cheaters...

nevermind, the community can grow bigger and help with the development of the game. It could be 3D in the future, for example. I'm starting to like these concepts. Instead of waiting for some games to adpot crypto currencies, let's integrate them into the game from the very beginning, make the game fun to play and the word will spread among people who like playing games (a lot of them).
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:39:27 PM

nevermind, the community can grow bigger and help with the development of the game. It could be 3D in the future, for example. I'm starting to like these concepts. Instead of waiting for some games to adpot crypto currencies, let's integrate them into the game from the very beginning, make the game fun to play and the word will spread among people who like playing games (a lot of them).

also 3D games can be botted. just look at wow or diablo3, where a lot of bot software can be found...
just buy a few computers and let a bot program run and you have your 51% attack

edit:
don't understand me wrong, i also like the idea, but it has problems...
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 06:39:05 AM

also 3D games can be botted. just look at wow or diablo3, where a lot of bot software can be found...

edit:
But are those games generated randomly?
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1170

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 09:08:45 AM

edit:

To be honest, I've not yet tried the game behind Motocoin (since there seem to be no sources released for it for some reason).  But considering that it should be something with a quickly verifiable solution, I imagine that it is a bit like a "logic puzzle" (even though it is motorcycle-themed).  I can well imagine that this is not too hard to solve for a computer either by brute-force or with some dynamic programming technique.  But we'll see when the coin launches.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 11:39:22 AM

edit:

To be honest, I've not yet tried the game behind Motocoin (since there seem to be no sources released for it for some reason).  But considering that it should be something with a quickly verifiable solution, I imagine that it is a bit like a "logic puzzle" (even though it is motorcycle-themed).  I can well imagine that this is not too hard to solve for a computer either by brute-force or with some dynamic programming technique.  But we'll see when the coin launches.
It's actually really hard because you don't rotate smoothly. You rotate at like 20 degree increments (obviously to keep the blockchain size low) you can only hold and release a button 60 times and it needs to be done in 60 seconds. So I don't see a bot coming out anytime soon.

It's not a motorcycle themed logic puzzle. You actually make the motorbike drive through a level to get the coin.
You spawn in at the top and need to get the coin at the bottom.
sonihr

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

THE TIME HAS COME...

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:42:55 AM

interesting...

What goes around comes around...
domob
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 12:02:45 PM

It's actually really hard because you don't rotate smoothly. You rotate at like 20 degree increments (obviously to keep the blockchain size low) you can only hold and release a button 60 times and it needs to be done in 60 seconds. So I don't see a bot coming out anytime soon.

It's not a motorcycle themed logic puzzle. You actually make the motorbike drive through a level to get the coin.

And how does the "solution is verifiable easily" thing work in that case?  If it is also about right timing of commands, it sounds like it would be even easier to construct a valid solution algorithmically instead of playing the game.  But of course, this is just a gut feeling - we will have to see when the code gets released how everything is done.  Without code and the details, we can only speculate.

Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 12:20:34 AM

And how does the "solution is verifiable easily" thing work in that case?  If it is also about right timing of commands, it sounds like it would be even easier to construct a valid solution algorithmically instead of playing the game.  But of course, this is just a gut feeling - we will have to see when the code gets released how everything is done.  Without code and the details, we can only speculate.
I'm pretty sure they said earlier that replay is submitted into the blockchain so everyone can see how you got to the end.
You should probably just download the test software from on the website, you'll see what I mean.
pangba

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:33:08 AM

Nice idea with playing a game in order to get coins.
domob
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 05:45:39 AM

And how does the "solution is verifiable easily" thing work in that case?  If it is also about right timing of commands, it sounds like it would be even easier to construct a valid solution algorithmically instead of playing the game.  But of course, this is just a gut feeling - we will have to see when the code gets released how everything is done.  Without code and the details, we can only speculate.
I'm pretty sure they said earlier that replay is submitted into the blockchain so everyone can see how you got to the end.
You should probably just download the test software from on the website, you'll see what I mean.

Yes of course - but if it is a real-time game instead of a logic puzzle with discrete moves, it makes a difference how exactly the replay is simulated to verify it (for instance, floating-point differences due to rounding on different machines / architectures when simulating the physics).

As stated already above, I'm definitely not going to download a binary-only code from somewhere.  If they don't release the source, I can't trust them - both for the example demo game and also the final client.  (I understand that they will probably release at the launch date, though.  I'll take a look then.)

workminer

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:00:50 AM

waiting
konamist

Activity: 243

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:56:42 AM

Mine with brain? Is this an innovation or just a joke? I'll wait and see how it works

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 07:13:00 AM

Yes of course - but if it is a real-time game instead of a logic puzzle with discrete moves, it makes a difference how exactly the replay is simulated to verify it (for instance, floating-point differences due to rounding on different machines / architectures when simulating the physics).

As stated already above, I'm definitely not going to download a binary-only code from somewhere.  If they don't release the source, I can't trust them - both for the example demo game and also the final client.  (I understand that they will probably release at the launch date, though.  I'll take a look then.)
Yeah, if the replay is different for every machine then this coin will fail. Hopefully not though.
WilliamLie2 (OP)

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:24:29 PM

This game has determinisctic physics made only with integer arithmetics (no floating point). Replay is just a list of actions - like turn left, wait 2 seconds, press gas, wait 1.2 sec, release gas, etc. You can perform only 60 actions, so each replay is very compact. Replays are saved in blockchain as proof of work (like nonce in Bitcoin) and they are verified by each client.
dimez

Activity: 239

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:29:24 PM

this is something new in the world of crypto  Smiley

btcltcdigger

Activity: 2044
Merit: 757

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:32:18 PM

MissCrypto

Activity: 945
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:17:50 PM

Sounds really cool. I'm in!

|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ |
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: