Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:08:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Show on OnlyOneTV.com  (Read 53394 times)
superpc

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 07:45:50 PM

I contacted one of the sponsors about this, Meze Grill linked to this thread as well as a few other websites about these stories that are coming out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 07:57:29 PM

Honestly, I think half the posters on this thread deserve to be ripped off out of every last dime they have. The stupidity is astounding.
I concur. For example, everyone that was stupid enough to use mybitcoin. I mean what is the sense of a distributed currency when you store it centrally - plain stupid. And everyone that think that Bruce rapes children because he fucks 20+ year old "boys" in Thailand - plain stupid. And of course, everyone that send bitcoins to Bruce - why should I thrust anyone but me? This list could go on and on.

"Oh, it was years ago." Yes, people. Conveniently forget the CURRENT, ACTIVE case in New York. If I recall right that one is an over half a million dollar judgment.
And why should I care? Would I send him my bitcoins/money. No! So why should I care?
Maybe you have an unpaid speeding ticket - probably we should hang you on the next tree. No? Exactly! Why should we care?

Jesus Christ people. Stop apologizing for the criminal. This is what's going to kill bitcoin. How many of you are absolute fucking idiots.
I am starting to believe you hate him so much, because since we have Bruce you are no longer the only gay in bitcoin town.
BlockHash

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 08:07:01 PM

Honestly, I think half the posters on this thread deserve to be ripped off out of every last dime they have. The stupidity is astounding.
I concur. For example, everyone that was stupid enough to use mybitcoin. I mean what is the sense of a distributed currency when you store it centrally - plain stupid. And everyone that think that Bruce rapes children because he fucks 20+ year old "boys" in Thailand - plain stupid. And of course, everyone that send bitcoins to Bruce - why should I thrust anyone but me? This list could go on and on.

"Oh, it was years ago." Yes, people. Conveniently forget the CURRENT, ACTIVE case in New York. If I recall right that one is an over half a million dollar judgment.
And why should I care? Would I send him my bitcoins/money. No! So why should I care?
Maybe you have an unpaid speeding ticket - probably we should hang you on the next tree. No? Exactly! Why should we care?

Jesus Christ people. Stop apologizing for the criminal. This is what's going to kill bitcoin. How many of you are absolute fucking idiots.
I am starting to believe you hate him so much, because since we have Bruce you are no longer the only gay in bitcoin town.

Because unpaid parking tickets are exactly like multi-million dollar mortgage scams, among other things.
Anonymous

September 08, 2011, 08:08:30 PM

I highly suggest this thread gets moved to off-topic. It's more about Bruce than Bitcoin.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 08:11:37 PM

This was a fricken hilarious video. "BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM"

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

aq

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 08:22:19 PM

Because unpaid parking tickets are exactly like multi-million dollar mortgage scams, among other things.

Could be, but what diffidence does it make for you? Are you going to make some business with Bruce? Are you going to marry him? What else? So why should we care? I mean we "use" him as a sort of bitcoin advertising spokesman. Now, when you saw that tv commercial of that car that you own, did you start caring about the private life of the person in there? Did you try to find out everything about this stranger? No? So why Bruce? Why are you so obsessed with Bruce?
BlockHash

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 08:28:35 PM

Could be, but what diffidence does it make for you? Are you going to make some business with Bruce? Are you going to marry him? What else? So why should we care? I mean we "use" him as a sort of bitcoin advertising spokesman. Now, when you saw that tv commercial of that car that you own, did you start caring about the private life of the person in there? Did you try to find out everything about this stranger? No? So why Bruce? Why are you so obsessed with Bruce?

It's been pointed out before - in a market like Bitcoin, trust is the key element in being able to have a strong currency. He's been proven to be anything but trustworthy, therefore the community needs to know so he can be shut down and stop being a drag on Bitcoin as a whole. He associates his name with the currency like he's in charge of it and it wont be long before the media picks it up and goes with it, which will cause even more ridicule and steer people away from investing in it.

As for a commercial on TV when I buy a car, I always look at the company that I'm going to do business with and their reputation. Just because they haven't personally scammed or cheated me, doesn't mean it can't or won't happen and vigilance has kept it from happening to me and my friends. This has nothing to do with his private life and everything to do with his public and business life, period.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 08:29:02 PM

Honestly, I think half the posters on this thread deserve to be ripped off out of every last dime they have. The stupidity is astounding. "Oh, it was years ago." Yes, people. Conveniently forget the CURRENT, ACTIVE case in New York. If I recall right that one is an over half a million dollar judgment.

What the fuck do you think he did to get that, swiped a pack of cigarettes?

What DID he do to deserve a half million dollar judgement? And did he hurt you, or the bitcoin community, personally for them to be so enraged about it? If not, just consider him a bad and untrustworthy man, and move on. If the trangressions that have nothing to do with Bitcoin, by some guy with an obscure internet TV show, can kill Bitcoin, then Bitcoin has bigger problems than Bruce Wagner!
BlockHash

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 08:31:42 PM

Honestly, I think half the posters on this thread deserve to be ripped off out of every last dime they have. The stupidity is astounding. "Oh, it was years ago." Yes, people. Conveniently forget the CURRENT, ACTIVE case in New York. If I recall right that one is an over half a million dollar judgment.

What DID he do to deserve a half million dollar judgement? And did he hurt you, or the bitcoin community, personally for them to be so enraged about it? If not, just consider him a bad and untrustworthy man, and move on. If the trangressions that have nothing to do with Bitcoin, by some guy with an obscure internet TV show, can kill Bitcoin, then Bitcoin has bigger problems than Bruce Wagner!

And yet you are just fine with him leading the gullible and promoting himself as some kind of Bitcoin Messiah?

It's funny, the biggest things that Bitcoin is known for in the public eye is scamming. And you people want a well-known scammer to be the face of the currency? Like it or not, he is the face of the currency as far as the media is concerned and you'll never get people to adopt if their first impression is Bruce fuckin' Wagner.
Colargol

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 08:33:41 PM

Why are you so obsessed with Bruce?

Why are you and Rassah etc. so obsessed with defending him?  If you don't want to join in any boycott then why keep posting instead of moving on?

You his buddies?

Please donate a few pennies to the singing and dancing bear:
1KUsZU8GkUAQJH5ryqSFtTJGgFtqJnsedE
Colargol

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 08:40:56 PM

And yet you are just fine with him leading the gullible and promoting himself as some kind of Bitcoin Messiah?

It's funny, the biggest things that Bitcoin is known for in the public eye is scamming. And you people want a well-known scammer to be the face of the currency? Like it or not, he is the face of the currency as far as the media is concerned and you'll never get people to adopt if their first impression is Bruce fuckin' Wagner.

Yes. And to answer Immanuel Go: Why should this thread get moved to off-topic like all the others ones? Why should newcomers not see these warnings and know that we as a community are dealing with it instead of protecting Bruce Wagner by trying to hide it under the carpet?

This is not about Bruce Wagner. It is about dissociating Bitcoin from him as much as possible.  I am not personally enraged and frankly couldn't care less what happens to him. I do care about Bitcoin and how it is perceived by the public. 

Please donate a few pennies to the singing and dancing bear:
1KUsZU8GkUAQJH5ryqSFtTJGgFtqJnsedE
aq

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 08:43:21 PM

Why are you so obsessed with Bruce?

Why are you and Rassah etc. so obsessed with defending him?  If you don't want to join in any boycott then why keep posting instead of moving on?
Did you see me defending him? I just don't care about his private life. And thus I just don't understand why you are so obsessed destroying him. I mean sure you could boycott meze grill, but didn't you notice that without Bruce you wouldn't even know what the hell a meze grill is?
I think Bruce is an asset, he successfully convinced quite a few stores to accept bitcoins. He makes a funny little show I like to watch, and there is no other show. Bruce is one of our PR instruments. You are actively destroying this. As I own bitcoins you are also destroying my PR instrument.

You his buddies?
Sorry, not gay Wink
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 08:44:29 PM

To me it seems more like what happens in the furry fandom, where when one of them gets caught on camera in the news doing something embarrassing or illegal, the rest of them immediately freak out, turn against them, and try to distance the community as far from that person as possible by any means necessary. It's a rather sad source of drama in that fandom, and, sadly, is a major source of entertainment for SA goons and anyone else who likes to pick on insecure nerds. Really though, as you said, they just shouldn't care.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 08:46:18 PM

Multi-million now? I you sure it wasn't billions? It's like the charges against Bruce on this forum are like Bitcoin, going "Up... up... up...!" (wasn't the ruling about amounts ranging from $600 to $3000?)
BlockHash

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 08:51:38 PM

Multi-million now? I you sure it wasn't billions? It's like the charges against Bruce on this forum are like Bitcoin, going "Up... up... up...!" (wasn't the ruling about amounts ranging from $600 to $3000?)

Read the Illinois State Prosecutors documents. It was well in excess of $1 million all told and he only had to pay a fractional percentage of that value and it still ended up at $500k.  Well, he obviously didn't care enough about the order to pay it back, but the point still stands.
wolftaur

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 08:54:59 PM

Yes, multi-million. And remember there's been problems more than once. He's been hauled into court in multiple states. And remember that not everyone defrauded actually went for help. I'm sure many believed he "tried."

But that's OK, I understand you conveniently forgot because that let you keep defending him. And I understand that you're only interested in defending the beloved spokesman and so you repeatedly ignored facts. I understand that you made up your mind right from the start and the discussion we had in another thread where I pointed at actual court documents, then pointed out why some of the "explanations" were bullshit, well, of course you and a bunch of other people just have to reject that because it doesn't fit the conclusion you formed before you had facts.

And I understand that the concept that a spokesman should have a reputation for integrity, instead of a reputation for fraud, is obviously completely beyond you. But, hey, if you think someone who scammed tons of people in multiple states is the best person to make Bitcoin look good...

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
aq

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 08:55:20 PM

Difference between Bruce and some certain bitcointalk members:

Bruce
 is always optimistic, has positive energy and forward looking
 does something by himself, is active - the bitcoin show, bitcoin conference(s)
 tries to evangelize bitcoin, convinces shops to accept bitcoins

Certain bitcointalk members
 are always destructive, suspects everyone being a scammer
 are passive, see everything as bad
 wait until others do something
 badmouth bitcoin

So looking at the above comparison, I say, for the value of my own bitcoins and the whole bitcoin economy, I rather get rid of the BlockHashes, Colargols and wolftaurs (so to speak) than Bruce
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 08:57:57 PM

You his buddies?

Don't know him personally, no. Don't actually have an opinion of him, since all I know of him is what the court's opinions of his actions are, and the persona he projects on camera. Those do not a person make. From a business sense, I would be very wary of hiring him to do anything or giving him my money. From a personal hanging-out type sense, I don't know, he seems like a fun guy. Do I think he's despicable for what he did? I don't know, because I'm still not convinced of the facts. Thing is, none of you here know all the facts, either. Just court decisions, and a lot of speculation.
Why am I "defending" him? I guess it just bothers me when I see a shit-ton of angry trolls start witch hunts, which quickly go from court decisions based on he-said she-said, to wild accusations about who the hell knows what.
Bottom line is, I can say that the court evidence is damning, but doesn't tell me everything. Can you say that you know for a fact that Bruce does not feel remorse for screwing up the people he did, whether through scam or shit business idea?
BlockHash

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 08:58:04 PM

Difference between Bruce and some certain bitcointalk members:

Bruce
 is always optimistic, has positive energy and forward looking
 does something by himself, is active - the bitcoin show, bitcoin conference(s)
 tries to evangelize bitcoin, convinces shops to accept bitcoins

Certain bitcointalk members
 are always destructive, suspects everyone being a scammer
 are passive, see everything as bad
 wait until others do something
 badmouth bitcoin

So looking at the above comparison, I say, for the value of my own bitcoins and the whole bitcoin economy, I rather get rid of the BlockHashes, Colargols and wolftaurs (so to speak) than Bruce

You left out the part about Bruce being a known scammer, among other things, and the fact that I have no such stains upon my record. Oh, and I don't badmouth Bitcoins, I'm completely behind it but I dont like the direction it is headed. And passive? You need to check your definitions.

Otherwise, carry on.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 08:59:31 PM

Read the Illinois State Prosecutors documents. It was well in excess of $1 million all told and he only had to pay a fractional percentage of that value and it still ended up at $500k.  Well, he obviously didn't care enough about the order to pay it back, but the point still stands.

The one I raid listed amounts in the $600 to $3000 range, had a total he had to pay back be around $230k, and the $500k was punitive (fine/punishment). I didn't see anything about a million, or that $500k being part of the money he stole.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: