Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:36:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Show on OnlyOneTV.com  (Read 53394 times)
aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 09:32:58 PM

BTW: for those of you "old" enough: there where quite a few threads some month ago, how we could convince international drug dealers, the mafia and other criminals and black markets to use bitcoin. Now we have our little Brucey and everyone screams. But compared with the wished ones, I say Bruce is the father, son and holy spirit combined.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 09:36:18 PM

I'm sure it's pointless to ask, but was he the sole employee of that company? Was he in charge of advertising or creating the website? Does he even know how to make a website? Do we have a timeline from when his business opened doors and got its first customer until they were sued, to see if they were really given enough time to find clients?
More importantly, do we have proof that Bruce stole millions, or is a pedo, or is behind Mybitcoin?
Even MORE importantly, are you running your own show? Do you know who will make a better spokesman for Bitcoin? Do you have any plans to help them get started?
The MOST important question, do you think you can influence the opinions of the community as a whole about whom they should or should not give a feck about? Do you think you will be able to stop Bruce from continuing his show? Do you think you can change the minds of the fans of his show, or change the minds of people who never liked his show, anyway? Do you think anyone else outside of Bitcoin will even care?

If you had read my posts on the Pattaya thread you would know I was repeatedly telling the people shouting "pedophile!!" to either provide proof or shut the fuck up. The same is true of MyBitcoin. Many people have suspicions, especially given Bruce's prior scams, but at least so far nobody has unearthed enough evidence to make a reasonable accusation.

As to whether he was the sole employee: Well, as the owner, yes he actually is responsible for things like the content of the ads. Especially since by his own admission it started as a very small operation (he implied, though did not numerically state, only 1 person besides himself) and he claims to have only gotten "overwhelmed" after he ran the ads. Yes, if he's the owner of a two person company he's responsible for the content of the ads. He's responsible for making sure they're factual. The guy in charge is supposed to be in charge. Which is true even for large companies, but in a two person company... it's really hard to say, "Oh, yeah, I never even thought to look at the webpage I paid a web designer to hire" with any credibility.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
lettucebee

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 09:39:35 PM

Lucky for you, none yet. Still working on my master's  Grin I do work for the government as a finance analyst, so feel free to avoid government  Tongue

That's two strikes against you. You suck off taxpayers doing nothing worthwhile.  How can you stand living an unexamined life?

▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████▀              ▀█████
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▀████▄
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
█▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████████▀  ▄█
██▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████▀  ▄██
███▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█▀  ▄███
▀███▄  ▀█████▄     ▄███▀
▀████▄  ▀████▀  ▄████▀
█████▄  ▀▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄  ▄█████▀
▀█████  █████▀
▀████████▀
██████
▀██▀
E R N
               ▄▄█████████▄▄
           ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
        ▄███████▀▀       ▀▀███████▄
       █████▀▀               ▀▀█████
     ▄████▀    ▄▄█████████▄▄    ▀████▄
    ████▀   ▄█████████████████▄   ▀████
   ████    █████████████████████    ████
 █████    ███████  ▀█████████████    █████
█████    █████████    ▀███████████    █████
████    ▄██████████▄     ▀████████▄    ████
████    █████████████       ███████    ████
████    ▀██████████▀     ▄████████▀    ████
█████    █████████    ▄███████████    █████
 █████    ███████  ▄█████████████    █████
           █████████████████████
            ▀█████████████████▀
               ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████

████
████

████
████

████
████
TOKEN SALE
AIRDROP
                              ████
                              ████

████
          ████            ████  ████

████            ████  ████
          ████  ████  ████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
  ▬▬   GET IN TOUCH   ▬▬ 
TELEGRAM  FACEBOOK  TWITTER
YOUTUBE   INSTAGRAM
aq

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 09:41:00 PM

I could argue that you traveling back in time (at least before 2003), as as illegal as Bruce, depending on the US state you are in. You could have ended up in prison back in those years. So why do you value his past that much?

Because I worked for several years at a legitimate debt management firm. We routinely had customers in foreclosure come in for help, but they had already paid their money to one of Bruce's copycats. By the time they realized there would be no help they had $3,000 less and were 3 or 4 mortgage payments behind, not 1. I and my coworkers had to watch several families a month become homeless because of those scams. And that was before the securities bubble burst. It was much worse after that.

When you have a mother and father of three children walk in the door terrified about what will happen to their kids if they lose the home and you take an amount of money that could have covered them moving into a cheaper apartment, and sit back and watch them lose their home, you are a fucking asshole, end of story. The owner of the company I worked for was one of the greediest people I know and HE didn't even try charging people fees when they were in such dire straits. We'd usually negotiate a vastly reduced fee, to be paid months or even a couple years down the road after they were on better footing, and even then we usually took a loss.

The very fact he was going after people who had foreclosure notice means he knew for a fact every victim coming in the door would be seriously harmed when nothing was done to help them. The people walking into his office were people about to lose their homes.
So how to you know that Bruce didn't have good intentions, but failed? I don't know Bruce any better than you, but if I had to judge from the what I have seen on his shows and read on this forum and so on, I would guess that Bruce just overestimated himself, and failed.
Anonymous

September 08, 2011, 09:41:32 PM

Personally, having studied business court cases, that is still a case of he-said she-said to me, with way too few details, and I can easily imagine getting into the type of situation he described in a legitimate business example.

Could you list any businesses you are a part of so I will know to avoid them.
...I do work for the government as a finance analyst...
Everything makes sense now.
wolftaur

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 09:44:16 PM

So how to you know that Bruce didn't have good intentions, but failed? I don't know Bruce any better than you, but if I had to judge from the what I have seen on his shows and read on this forum and so on, I would guess that Bruce just overestimated himself, and failed.

Could not name to the court even _ONE_ customer he helped, but claimed to have had successes when taking customers' money.

If it was just an issue of overestimation? Taking on too much work? Getting overwhelmed? Well, he would have helped -some-, just nowhere near as high a percentage as a properly functioning business would. The only way you run a business for several months and take money from every single customer but do not provide a service to _EVEN ONE_ customer... is if you didn't plan to provide service. Or if you got hit by a tornado or some shit, of course, but that isn't what Bruce claimed happened.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 09:50:41 PM

I think the fact that the judgement remains unpaid says much about Bruce's intentions.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
FAtlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 09:52:09 PM

He obviously lied to get business. That WAS apparently illegal. We don't know if he just took money and decided to keep it, or if as soon as he opened his business with all the lies, a whole bunch of desperate people sent him checks before he had the investors lined up to help him, and after a month or few of "where's my money/help?" he goes sued before he even had a chance to do anything.

You know what you do if someone just sends you a check and you don't think you can provide services?  You don't cash the check.  I don't get how you could possibly be dense enough to believe what you're typing, even assuming people were just sending him checks before speaking with him.  God damn you're incompetent.  
aq

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 09:58:12 PM

Could not name to the court even _ONE_ customer he helped, but claimed to have had successes when taking customers' money.

If it was just an issue of overestimation? Taking on too much work? Getting overwhelmed? Well, he would have helped -some-, just nowhere near as high a percentage as a properly functioning business would. The only way you run a business for several months and take money from every single customer but do not provide a service to _EVEN ONE_ customer... is if you didn't plan to provide service. Or if you got hit by a tornado or some shit, of course, but that isn't what Bruce claimed happened.
Well, what happens in court has seldom anything to do with what happened in reality. It is all about lawyers bending the story in their favor. So even when we have the court papers, we don't know the truth.
aq

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:01:06 PM

I think the fact that the judgement remains unpaid says much about Bruce's intentions.
Did it contain compensation for the victims? Otherwise it is the same as an unpaid speeding ticket from some different state year ago - no need to pay.
wolftaur

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:01:23 PM

Well, what happens in court has seldom anything to do with what happened in reality. It is all about lawyers bending the story in their favor. So even when we have the court papers, we don't know the truth.

Uh-huh. Bruce was accused of charging tons of money with no intention of providing services. Obviously Bruce's lawyer is going to make damn sure to bend the story so his client LOSES by telling Bruce "Hey, ignore the request for a list of customers you actually provided the service to after taking their money, and don't admit to having successfully helped anyone."

wolftaur

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:01:46 PM

Did it contain compensation for the victims? Otherwise it is the same as an unpaid speeding ticket from some different state year ago - no need to pay.

Yes, it did.

There was a very long list of victims to compensate, by amount.

FAtlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 10:04:54 PM

This is so dumb that I experienced a sharp pain in my head, similar to eating too much ice cream at once, from reading your post.
aq

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:06:29 PM

This is so dumb that I experienced a sharp pain in my head, similar to eating too much ice cream at once, from reading your post.
Welcome to the real world. Yes I know it can be cold outside Wink
Gerken

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:07:24 PM

So basically you just refuse to believe anything that contradicts your personal views?

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2011, 10:08:58 PM

a NEW SHOW!!

aq

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:11:38 PM

So basically you just refuse to believe anything that contradicts your personal views?
No, but I know about a few cases, know some lawyers, know some judges, know some victims, even know some criminals.
aq

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:12:10 PM

a NEW SHOW!!
YEAH!
Gerken

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 10:17:05 PM

No, but I know about a few cases, know some lawyers, know some judges, know some victims, even know some criminals.

Oh so your anecodotal data outweighs evidence from court cases?  That's definitely fair.

d.james

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 12pqwk

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 11:03:59 PM

a NEW SHOW!!

OMG he's got a lawyer this time you guys better stop spreading lies or....

You can not roll a BitCoin, but you can rollback some. Cheesy
Roll me back: 1NxMkvbYn8o7kKCWPsnWR4FDvH7L9TJqGG
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: