Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:30:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: deleted thread  (Read 145443 times)
loq (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:15:46 PM

Here is a hint for newer people, when you see this level of FUD (Fear uncertainty or doubt, or Facts u deny), often there is a great deal of monetary value they are trying to obscure. I suggest you go to the #shibecoin IRC and check it out yourself. Some of the people posting FUD are competitors, or sharks, or perhaps they just don't have the foggiest notion what is going on. I pick all the best (more profitable) coins, and oddly, always lots of FUD in each of them. An odd coincidence I suppose?

I personally have found some big money and big names behind this coin, accumulating more, and from what I have witnessed, some are manipulating the markets down. I suspect when they are done the price will skyrocket. Always worked that way in the past. The IRC is the place to start real research and see how vast the community is, and compare that to other coins in the past. That is a very good indicator of where this coin is going long term.

+1
zewelor

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:17:26 PM

Here is a hint for newer people, when you see this level of FUD (Fear uncertainty or doubt, or Facts u deny), often there is a great deal of monetary value they are trying to obscure. I suggest you go to the #shibecoin IRC and check it out yourself. Some of the people posting FUD are competitors, or sharks, or perhaps they just don't have the foggiest notion what is going on. I pick all the best (more profitable) coins, and oddly, always lots of FUD in each of them. An odd coincidence I suppose?

I personally have found some big money and big names behind this coin, accumulating more, and from what I have witnessed, some are manipulating the markets down. I suspect when they are done the price will skyrocket. Always worked that way in the past. The IRC is the place to start real research and see how vast the community is, and compare that to other coins in the past. That is a very good indicator of where this coin is going long term.

+1

Words of wisdom. Sadly people don' make research on their own.
zewelor

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:35:44 PM

Clearing The Air Around The SHIBE Coin
...some words from the developer

Greetings.  I thought I would write a few thoughts to help clear the air around the release of our coin The Shibe Coin.  The amount of interest in this coin and the way it has exploded after launch far exceeded expectations and has been great fun.  But, I have also been somewhat saddened by the tremendous amount of FUD being purveyed much of which is pretty far off base or flat out wrong.  It is particularly saddening to me because I have fixed a lot of your pet coins behind the scenes, and built so many windows wallets for devs that couldn't be bothered to read the documentation in their own repos or who just couldn't get the build process to work.  And so to me it is a bit of a slap in the face when I have tried to put something cool together for the community, to then read so much FUD on the forums and in IRC some spread by folks that I have bailed out in the past.

I'd like to address a few topics that I think need clarification, and provide a glimpse into our plan for the future.

First, with regards to DOGE, I think we need to set aside any adversarial nonsense and conjecture of that sort.  SHIBE is not a ripoff of DOGE, it is not intended as a competitor to DOGE, it is supposed to be complementary to DOGE.  I mined DOGE from launch, DOGE has been very good to me, the idea with SHIBE was to offer a PoS coin done right as a complementary coin to DOGE which has been more of a tipping coin and every day trade coin.  SHIBE is intended to have more of a business and trading focus.  It is well intentioned and not some biting brand dilution scheme.

Second, as far as AC and this supposed BTER statement, we are absolutely not associated with AC.  Indeed, part of my motivation for pushing this coin out was because I lost a lot of money on AC and I knew I could do a good proof of stake coin.  I rented rigs and mined that coin at a loss at launch, and bought up more because I thought it was going to be a hit and then I went to bed.  And then I woke up the next morning to find that we all got burned.

Third, there has been some FUD about a wallet address supposedly holding some enormous amount of "instamined" funds.  This address was our launch pool wallet.  We had about a dozen miners on the pool at launch, that grew to maybe a couple dozen at a time shortly thereafter.  Some people rented big rigs, I rented a modest amount of hash.  The devs do not hold big wallets like some of the big investors in the coin who went big with hash or bought up the market.  I'm not really in this coin to get rich off of a coin launch, I'm in it to build a platform.

My vision really is for SHIBE to be a vehicle for a lot of  other ideas, and to be an inclusive community with other coins like Blackcoin, DOGE, etc.  Every coin needs to have a purpose and a reason for existing, a niche in the market.  To me coins like Blackcoin and Unobtainium are in the luxury niche, Blackcoin has exceptional branding that has a prestige and luxury feel and is the kind of coin I could see using to buy luxury watches and that sort of thing, at least thats what it is to me.  Doge is the fun coin that doesn't take itself serious that you can mine and tip around to your friends without thinking about it too much.  Doge got me started with mining cryptos.  Quark is the coin that won't stop ticking with the unstoppable community that had great publicity at the end of last year.  And many others.  

SHIBE is the coin for innovation, trading and wealth storage, the coin that drives the development of crypto solutions in the scene.

There are a bunch of things in the works for SHIBE that have been held somewhat close to the vest as we want to have sites and information ready first and frankly we want to get through the pure PoS transition before turning our attention to these programs.  I'll note a few of these in brief, more detailed information will be forthcoming in the coming week.

First, is the SHIBEX Fund.  The concept is to do something similar to the Winklevoss's fund for Bitcoin but on a much smaller scale, providing micro investments and technical and management guidance to help foster growth in the ecosystem.  You can follow @SHIBEXF on Twitter for now and watch for further announcements.

Second, is Shibidends.  This is a dividend program that will pay out to SHIBE users from a goodwill fund funded by participating vendors.  We have an exchange and a payment solution in progress that will participate in the fund.  A portion of the fees from these is going to be set aside as goodwill to reward the community using SHIBE.  Unlike other programs you don't need to register for anything or buy anything.  It will be like a stake on your stake.

These are projects by the dev team to support SHIBE.  In addition we also have the Shibe Council representing the community and guiding the evolution of the coin.

The dev team behind this coin has a lot of professional experience and is committed to the long term support and growth of the ecosystem.

Best wishes,

Energion

Thanks for your hard work. This post will remove all of the stupid FUD ppl are trying to throw at poor shibe. All the best and keep delivering more awesome stuff Smiley
CryptoGuy

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:42:04 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 04:17:41 PM by CryptoGuy

Just a reminder that The voting for the ShibeCoin logo contest is officially open. Stop on over to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602817.msg6646135#msg6646135 and let your opinion be heard!

I'm gonna be disappointed if the shibe pug wins the contest, it reminds me of Kittehcoin. Dogecoin already has the cute factor market share, we need something else.

<Insert favorite coin here>
gregofdoom
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:45:20 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 08:50:34 PM by gregofdoom

We we'll be better than DogeCoin  Grin
_noname_

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:27:19 PM

Everyone here who thinks they can get rich quick on this coin deserve to lose their BTC. This coin has scam written all over it. It will be pumped as wider community will just ignore it. It be interesting to see how many people burn their money on this.
weiposs

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:27:57 PM

It is a good price
glop

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:43:59 PM

Vote #4
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3864
Merit: 5052

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:53:07 PM

Clearing The Air Around The SHIBE Coin
...some words from the developer

Greetings.  I thought I would write a few thoughts to help clear the air around the release of our coin The Shibe Coin.  The amount of interest in this coin and the way it has exploded after launch far exceeded expectations and has been great fun.  But, I have also been somewhat saddened by the tremendous amount of FUD being purveyed much of which is pretty far off base or flat out wrong.  It is particularly saddening to me because I have fixed a lot of your pet coins behind the scenes, and built so many windows wallets for devs that couldn't be bothered to read the documentation in their own repos or who just couldn't get the build process to work.  And so to me it is a bit of a slap in the face when I have tried to put something cool together for the community, to then read so much FUD on the forums and in IRC some spread by folks that I have bailed out in the past.

I'd like to address a few topics that I think need clarification, and provide a glimpse into our plan for the future.

First, with regards to DOGE, I think we need to set aside any adversarial nonsense and conjecture of that sort.  SHIBE is not a ripoff of DOGE, it is not intended as a competitor to DOGE, it is supposed to be complementary to DOGE.  I mined DOGE from launch, DOGE has been very good to me, the idea with SHIBE was to offer a PoS coin done right as a complementary coin to DOGE which has been more of a tipping coin and every day trade coin.  SHIBE is intended to have more of a business and trading focus.  It is well intentioned and not some biting brand dilution scheme.

Second, as far as AC and this supposed BTER statement, we are absolutely not associated with AC.  Indeed, part of my motivation for pushing this coin out was because I lost a lot of money on AC and I knew I could do a good proof of stake coin.  I rented rigs and mined that coin at a loss at launch, and bought up more because I thought it was going to be a hit and then I went to bed.  And then I woke up the next morning to find that we all got burned.

Third, there has been some FUD about a wallet address supposedly holding some enormous amount of "instamined" funds.  This address was our launch pool wallet.  We had about a dozen miners on the pool at launch, that grew to maybe a couple dozen at a time shortly thereafter.  Some people rented big rigs, I rented a modest amount of hash.  The devs do not hold big wallets like some of the big investors in the coin who went big with hash or bought up the market.  I'm not really in this coin to get rich off of a coin launch, I'm in it to build a platform.

My vision really is for SHIBE to be a vehicle for a lot of  other ideas, and to be an inclusive community with other coins like Blackcoin, DOGE, etc.  Every coin needs to have a purpose and a reason for existing, a niche in the market.  To me coins like Blackcoin and Unobtainium are in the luxury niche, Blackcoin has exceptional branding that has a prestige and luxury feel and is the kind of coin I could see using to buy luxury watches and that sort of thing, at least thats what it is to me.  Doge is the fun coin that doesn't take itself serious that you can mine and tip around to your friends without thinking about it too much.  Doge got me started with mining cryptos.  Quark is the coin that won't stop ticking with the unstoppable community that had great publicity at the end of last year.  And many others.  

SHIBE is the coin for innovation, trading and wealth storage, the coin that drives the development of crypto solutions in the scene.

There are a bunch of things in the works for SHIBE that have been held somewhat close to the vest as we want to have sites and information ready first and frankly we want to get through the pure PoS transition before turning our attention to these programs.  I'll note a few of these in brief, more detailed information will be forthcoming in the coming week.

First, is the SHIBEX Fund.  The concept is to do something similar to the Winklevoss's fund for Bitcoin but on a much smaller scale, providing micro investments and technical and management guidance to help foster growth in the ecosystem.  You can follow @SHIBEXF on Twitter for now and watch for further announcements.

Second, is Shibidends.  This is a dividend program that will pay out to SHIBE users from a goodwill fund funded by participating vendors.  We have an exchange and a payment solution in progress that will participate in the fund.  A portion of the fees from these is going to be set aside as goodwill to reward the community using SHIBE.  Unlike other programs you don't need to register for anything or buy anything.  It will be like a stake on your stake.

These are projects by the dev team to support SHIBE.  In addition we also have the Shibe Council representing the community and guiding the evolution of the coin.

The dev team behind this coin has a lot of professional experience and is committed to the long term support and growth of the ecosystem.

Best wishes,

Energion

My question is why didn't you respond to my post other than to ask CoinKing to have me remove this post. Are you unable to PM? How about you address this and show some transparency? I don't think that I'm asking to much nor spreading FUD. And I also added a post with an update and now I am adding a new update.

WARNING   http://shibepool.theshibecoin.com/

Has cloned and stolen CoinKings site.

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Your request (264) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

RankUp (COINKING)

May 08 12:58 PM

It seems that they have tried to clone our site. I know we are working with the Devs of shibecoin for a little while, but I wouldn't have thought that they would have agreed to let them steal the site. The site is EXACTLY the same. I would just make a new account, since something has went wrong.

Thanks
-Dustin/RankUp

Someone

May 08 12:57 PM

THIS is where this link is originating from. this coin has posted this
site as their official pool.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=595767.0;topicseen
On Thursday, May 08, 2014 at 12:53 PM, "COINKING" wrote: table
td { border-collapse:collapse; }

Shibe  SY21RTiaZjujdcaYWR75EbCVE6GCSi7fR7

OK, It looks like they have permission to redirect to coin Kings site but have screwed up.

Update from CoinKings

RankUp (COINKING)

May 09 04:41 PM

The guys over at shibecoin were asking if you would remove the post about this site... it seems the communication between them and us hasn't been the best. Thanks.

-Dustin/RankUp

How many people have you ignored in this thread? I'm up to 9 so far Wink

I'm at 4 at least.

BTW because Of the Pool issues and unanswered posts I have not mined any of this coin. Good job Dev, you say you've saved other coins do to you massive technical skills yet your unable to clone a simple site. You instill confidence!

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Mouse020

Activity: 303

No one like you

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:53:43 PM

Did the mine time over?
philipvdlinde

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:00:59 PM

Can I get unbanned from #shibecoin, I only was giving the ponzi thread link to stop any more spam.
PanicBot

Activity: 156

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:19:12 PM

BTW because Of the Pool issues and unanswered posts I have not mined any of this coin. Good job Dev, you say you've saved other coins do to you massive technical skills yet your unable to clone a simple site. You instill confidence!

Dude. How are the pool issues the Dev's fault?
ScoobyDood

Activity: 171

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:39:14 PM

Whats up with #shibecoin irc, says "#shibecoin Cannot join channel (+r) - you need to be identified with services" is it broke?!?

poop
@ThisWeeksCoin

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 05:39:48 PM

Whats up with #shibecoin irc, says "#shibecoin Cannot join channel (+r) - you need to be identified with services" is it broke?!?
You must be registered on freenode in order to join.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════╗
= Altcoin creation, promotion & giveaways =
╚═══════════════════════════════════════╝
ScoobyDood

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:49:51 PM

I don't get how to use irc. I log into it and it gives me the "cannot join" so I /msg NickServ identify,.. logged in to a blank page. how do I get to #shibecoin? Been on there everyday since launch...

poop
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:56:56 PM

Doge is a great coin with a community. This is just a cheap copy for the dev to cash in on and offers nothing, just like 100 other clone alts with no long term plan.

LTC is a great coin with a community. Doge is just a cheap copy for the dev to cash in on and offers nothing, just like 100 other clone alts with no long term plan.

you know whats funny? parrots that can type.
@ThisWeeksCoin

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 05:58:50 PM

I don't get how to use irc. I log into it and it gives me the "cannot join" so I /msg NickServ identify,.. logged in to a blank page. how do I get to #shibecoin? Been on there everyday since launch...

Type:

/j #shibecoin

That will work Smiley

╔═══════════════════════════════════════╗
= Altcoin creation, promotion & giveaways =
╚═══════════════════════════════════════╝
ScoobyDood

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:10:31 PM

Type:

/j #shibecoin

That will work Smiley
Thanks  Grin
(Wonder's why its gotten harder?)

poop
drkman

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:16:49 PM

No interest in dumping either the premine (which is barely anything compared to the rest I have) nor dumping my selfmined coins.
So we got a premined 28million shibes and another tens of millions of instamined coins to the devs buddies during the ninja instamine launch where the block reward was strictly created so they could steal all the coins and steal every elses BITCOINS.

Same scam as XBC, SAME scam as whitecoin..........................and people fall for it over and over again because they are greedy but it is only the devs and their friends who steal everyone's money for zero risk.  Must be nice to gift yourself 28million coins and then tell everyone else to buy it.  Great job DEV.  scam almost complete!!!
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:25:19 PM

say there chief....How did that go with darkcoin again? scam much?
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: