Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:38:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 192 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AC] AsiaCoin | Pure PoS | 100% Interest  (Read 264516 times)
cassius69

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:19:03 PM

https://www.facebook.com/asiacoin

Start a revolution. Spread the word. Like our page.

This hasn't successfully been done before and it looks like that is exactly whats happening! AC to the moon! AC REVIVAL!!!

fuck ya. a revolution. lets start with burning down this scamcoin and beheading the leaders. then lets riot throughout the subforum.  Grin

u guys can quit pretending ur building a community. its more like bagholders anonymous - a support group for losers.  Grin

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amit2007gunjan

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:25:43 PM

This hasn't successfully been done before and it looks like that is exactly whats happening! AC to the moon! AC REVIVAL!!!

fuck ya. a revolution. lets start with burning down this scamcoin and beheading the leaders. then lets riot throughout the subforum.  Grin

u guys can quit pretending ur building a community. its more like bagholders anonymous - a support group for losers.  Grin

So, by your logic you will burn down the whole country for Hitler's wrongdoing just like you suggested to burn down the coin for the wrongdoing of first scam developer  Huh

UbiatarPlay

▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
  ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀
        Cryptocurrency to be Everywhere     
   ●Power of Ubiquity  ●Connect- People  ●HumanNetwork  ●Marketplace   

▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
  ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀
■Facebook   ■ANN Thread      ■Linkedin 
■Twitter         ■Telegram          ■Github
■Medium       ■Whitepaper    ■Googleplus
kalenen

Activity: 404

Beware

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:27:25 PM

Go and suck on ur mamas tiities Tongue - I think i reached your  and other trolls level there..

A coin is what we as a community decide it is. You cannot simply put a stamp "scam coin" on it because the dev was greedy. We patch and rebuild, AC is a coin that easily could be among the biggest. The market for it is huge. Name is important and Asia Coin GOT IT!

www.bitmexscam.com
3HU5qQsR9fw4ptqGrssyDPinoRTfWAckxq
amit2007gunjan

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:40:02 PM

A coin is what we as a community decide it is. You cannot simply put a stamp "scam coin" on it because the dev was greedy. We patch and rebuild, AC is a coin that easily could be among the biggest. The market for it is huge. Name is important and Asia Coin GOT IT!
[/quote]

+1. sorry, miscommunication

UbiatarPlay

▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
  ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀
        Cryptocurrency to be Everywhere     
   ●Power of Ubiquity  ●Connect- People  ●HumanNetwork  ●Marketplace   

▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
  ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀
■Facebook   ■ANN Thread      ■Linkedin 
■Twitter         ■Telegram          ■Github
■Medium       ■Whitepaper    ■Googleplus
mrdennis86

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:45:56 PM

What time is the deployment tomorrow?

Are crypsty / mintpal reopend the transactions for AC?

All my XST coins are stolen Sad feel free to donate some XST to RzPMCaQxjxCNCyw2eiYsLqU2MWe45vFfLU I really appreciate that!
BCMann

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:51:37 PM

What time is the deployment tomorrow?

Are crypsty / mintpal reopend the transactions for AC?

from the first Page:
Bter.com
Cryptsy
Mintpal
(all threehave confirmedthatoncewe resolve the issue, AC will be relisted)

Coin relaunch will be tomorrow night or the morning after that.. I read that they  testing security right now .. done when its done i think Smiley
micryon

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 08:59:51 PM

No exact time has been chosen yet, we're in build+test phase right now.  But I believe it will be soon...

However, I am going to recommend to exchanges to wait maybe a week, to reopen.  So that the patch can be properly vetted.  I think it's best not to rush things right now, and instead err on the side of caution.

Perhaps more conservative.. but we've got to stop shooting from the hip here.  I did this with my spare time, and I'm no uber developer either.  So please let's take some time to stress test this patch, this time.

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
robinho1983

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:21:24 PM

No exact time has been chosen yet, we're in build+test phase right now.  But I believe it will be soon...

However, I am going to recommend to exchanges to wait maybe a week, to reopen.  So that the patch can be properly vetted.  I think it's best not to rush things right now, and instead err on the side of caution.

Perhaps more conservative.. but we've got to stop shooting from the hip here.  I did this with my spare time, and I'm no uber developer either.  So please let's take some time to stress test this patch, this time.

take all the time thats required you and the others are doing a brilliant job.
BCMann

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:44:17 PM

Is there any way to make sure that no exchange can reopen to early? If it is voluntary, i don't think that they'll wait one week...
syrota

Activity: 300

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:47:06 PM

Everyone is asking when? when? when?
Be patient and do not distract people!
hypersire

Activity: 596
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:49:42 PM

I don't think waiting a week is a good idea. This coin is still fresh in people's minds and it was doing great with gigantic trading volumes and tons of hash power. Ok, so the dev cheated and added a hidden premine. Once the premine block is removed, everything can continue on as before. The sooner the better.

Also, I believe someone did a source to source comparison between Asiacoin and another cryptocoin and it's really just a couple of minor edits the "dev" made to insert the hidden premine. So after these lines are removed and the source recompiled, what's left to test? There are thousands of instances of the current wallet running right now without issue.

Anyway, just my opinion - I think we should get the patched wallets out ASAP and get trading going again. A multipool to stabilize price is also a necessity. The longer we wait, the thicker the FUD and bullshit from the trolls gets and it just makes things worse than they already are.
ozrep

Activity: 129

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:59:53 PM

Is there any way to make sure that no exchange can reopen to early? If it is voluntary, i don't think that they'll wait one week...

+1 for micryon
and let's hope for exchanges to be reasonable and following the lead of devs. I think...if it's for security they should wait for it

@hypersire
maybe you're right...but you really want to risk everything done so far? why don't vet this patch before anything else? I think if you can demonstrate that AsiaCoin is now "perfect" you will really open the doors of this coin to anyone (how many investors are still suspicious about this coin? look at cassius69 for example)...and I think everyone will come, to partecipate in something so unique.
...and maybe it won't take a week to vet it. I think "a week" was a way, for micryon, to say "anytime we need to vet it"  Grin

GUN: Gz1vmt4ZoTJxuL1wL5Uq5CTPDTzwJUzJFJ
ac2

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:02:44 PM

I don't think waiting a week is a good idea. This coin is still fresh in people's minds and it was doing great with gigantic trading volumes and tons of hash power. Ok, so the dev cheated and added a hidden premine. Once the premine block is removed, everything can continue on as before. The sooner the better.

Also, I believe someone did a source to source comparison between Asiacoin and another cryptocoin and it's really just a couple of minor edits the "dev" made to insert the hidden premine. So after these lines are removed and the source recompiled, what's left to test? There are thousands of instances of the current wallet running right now without issue.

Anyway, just my opinion - I think we should get the patched wallets out ASAP and get trading going again. A multipool to stabilize price is also a necessity. The longer we wait, the thicker the FUD and bullshit from the trolls gets and it just makes things worse than they already are.

+1
Well, my view is in the middle. Yes we need the patch thoroughly tested. But don't set an arbitrary timeframe. Hopefully this experience changes culture and the major exchanges cross checking code will become the norm.
cassius69

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:03:33 PM

'i say we hurry it along so the trolls dont have time to stop the pump.'

'ac has huge trading volume bla bla bla.'

'we are a strong community of greedy pigs who got slaughtered.'

'people were spreading fud when they said to sell before the delistings.'

nobody is trolling u. the coin is a known scamcoin and the dev admits he doesnt know whats going to happen. the blockchain is unstable as fuck. try calming down and using your heads over your emotions.

bittcoinn

Activity: 230

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:03:41 PM

cassius how much they pay for good posts ?

I am interested

could you please introduce me me to IconicExpert or another boss of Blackcoin ?
cassius69

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:05:32 PM

cassius how much they pay for good posts ?

I am interested

could you please introduce me me to IconicExpert or another boss of Blackcoin ?

i get paid 1 btc for each post i make.

minersmafiauk23

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 10:05:51 PM

come to ERC europecoin, TRUSTED ESCROW IPO! no scam, X11, good pow/pos hi stake interest
micryon

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 10:07:05 PM

Yeah.. that was me.. I did that as part of the forensic analysis.. and why I decided to help with the patch, because from forensics it seemed viable to do it without a heck of lot of work (though it still turned out to be more work than anticpated).

But.. there is a LOT to test... we're not implementing code for the "happy path" here guys.  We're talking about negative testing.. security testing.. try to hack your own code testing.. Not like just booting up a client.  Testing itself takes ingenuity here for this type.  We're essentially putting in a security patch..

Anyways, i don't want to get anyone's hopes up.  But here's the client with the security patch, and rest of fixes, working on my PC as of right now.

Will call your attention to a couple of things:
  - Now we finally have 1 static link EXE, instead of shipping DLLs.. (always found that annoying..)
  - I changed the about box to reflect the correct version once you upgrade you need to be on v1.8.2 instead of v1.0.0
  - Also added some links to our new website and this thread in the about page.
  - You can see the new logo.. ofc. Thanks for that it looks awesome.
  - And as you can see it's currently synching across the existing blockchain without problems...

- Rest of icons remain the same (we can replace those later should we chose to.. trivial)

For anyone that wants to help me test "the happy path", you can send me a coin to this client using your existing client.  Address: AT1hm5R4JSjkHsDcscsLb6co3oJ2JZft6Z

We do need to make sure happy path works.. but negative testing is more important.

Anyways do NOT get your hopes up yet.. and please do not encourage exchanges to open without doing full audit of my code and the blockchain..

Maestro1 (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:10:05 PM

I would prefer for the exchanges/others to throughly vet the patch to ensure that it's 100% stable, and that it solves the issue, and it's secure. The worst thing that can happen is for the patch to be released prematurely or not properly vetted and something goes wrong.

By the way, we already have a multipool arranged and it's mining already (25 MH/s hashrate now). I suggest everyone to send their hashrate there to collect as many coins as possible, which will be used to stablize price once the trades resume:

http://ac2.pool.mn/

If you're happy with our work on AsiaCoin revival, please consider giving us trust feedback and provide donations to the new AsiaCoin Foundation.
BTC: 1LCsuAojeFqf5YamN9iiwEo3VJ9YM8HHjf
micryon

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 10:11:57 PM

dev admits he doesnt know whats going to happen. the blockchain is unstable as fuck. try calming down and using your heads over your emotions.

You can never know what's going to happen with a complex system, especially a distributed complex system .. at least you won't know without a massive amount of testing.  Certainly having a few guys do it.. it's near impossible to cover all the cases.

But.. you are wrong that the blockchain is unstable.  It's no better or worse than other blockchains.. the only thing it has is a wallet with a gigantic premine that would need to be banned.  That has happened before with other coins, so... take it for what it's worth.

For my part I want to be as transparent as possible about the situation.. but also clamp down on incorrect assessments.  

People can choose who to believe..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 192 »
  Print  

Jump to: