Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:38:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: <<currently no poll>>

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DIG] DIGIT [X13] |Available For Takeover! |  (Read 78067 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 07:04:52 PM

Guys, they have said that they will not cut the period. And in my opinion theres no need for a cut. Let it run on low mhs for few months. It doesnt hurt because theres not many coins created by PoW if diff is low.
If pow is cut, then bittrex probably will trade even less.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mblados

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Muroko Blados

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:49:35 AM

I need the PORTS for Solo Mining. The current conf file does not have rpcport and port information. How can I solo mine without these Ports?

[EagsCurrency] We mean Business - Now PURE POS! Stake your Free Share Now! ends Jan. 27
Kergekoin

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:51:26 AM

I need the PORTS for Solo Mining. The current conf file does not have rpcport and port information. How can I solo mine without these Ports?

You can assign any port you want and is free. You can always see any wallet default ports by clicking help - console - command-line options.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
DSF (OP)

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:11:08 PM

We have bought additional 300 000 DIG for contributors! Advertise, make a pull request or participate in any way you can and earn your reward!
taupiqueur

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:18:21 PM

Hi guys, I keep getting this error :

st13runtime_error
init_blockindex(): error opening database environnement IO error.

Do you have any clue ? I have to re-sync the digit wallet at least 1 time very 3 launch of the wallet.... it's a bit annoying...

Thanks !
MineP.it

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:43:18 PM

We have bought additional 300 000 DIG for contributors! Advertise, make a pull request or participate in any way you can and earn your reward!

When and where did you buy these from? Can't see any volume on any of the listed exchanges and Bittrex are showing the delisting warning again.

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
DSF (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:01:57 PM

When and where did you buy these from? Can't see any volume on any of the listed exchanges and Bittrex are showing the delisting warning again.

We had buy orders up on Bittrex for last weeks. They got slowly filled day by day.
MineP.it

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:03:27 PM

We had buy orders up on Bittrex for last weeks. They got slowly filled day by day.

Ah OK got ya

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:55:21 AM

Has Digit development team considered changing the POW algo at least? for Neoscrypt maybe? Would that require having the coin relaunched?  Huh
Kergekoin

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:00:50 PM

Has Digit development team considered changing the POW algo at least? for Neoscrypt maybe? Would that require having the coin relaunched? 

What would be the benefit of changing algo again? In my opinion there is no need to change.

cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:15:15 PM

Has Digit development team considered changing the POW algo at least? for Neoscrypt maybe? Would that require having the coin relaunched? 

What would be the benefit of changing algo again? In my opinion there is no need to change.

A more fair distribution for CPU and GPU mining. I believe there are already ASICs for X13.
MineP.it

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:52:51 AM

I've been opposed to making any changes thus far but I think we're getting close to the point where recovery for the coin will be impossible. We're almost down to 1 sat now and not many coins ever come back from that point.

I feel something has to happen and soon.

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:29:54 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2014, 11:55:35 AM by qwizzie

I've been opposed to making any changes thus far but I think we're getting close to the point where recovery for the coin will be impossible. We're almost down to 1 sat now and not many coins ever come back from that point.

I agree. Personally i feel we arrived at a point that changing to POS should be discussed openly between the community and DSF, if necessary make a poll or something
to see how many users feel like switching to POS... i have a feeling you find a majority in favor for changing to POS at this point.
Changing the POW algo is not the answer i think, we already tried that with switching from scrypt to X13 .. we dont need another relaunch / algo switch hardfork, specially after what happened with the last one.

Also there arent many mining anyways .. just 3 people according info on the pool MineP.it

net hash : 11.15 MH/s
pool hash : 11.58 MH/s,  number of workers 3

Do we really wanna keep the POW for just 3 people still mining ? and thereby leaving the network incredibly weak ?

Can we please have a reply DSF...

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
MineP.it

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:54:59 PM

I agree. Personally i feel we arrived at a point that changing to POS should be discussed openly between the community and DSF, if necessary make a poll or something
to see how many users feel like switching to POS... i have a feeling you find a majority in favor for changing to POS at this point.
Changing the POW algo is not the answer i think, we already tried that with switching from scrypt to X13 .. we dont need another relaunch / algo switch hardfork, specially after what happened with the last one.

Also there arent many mining anyways .. just 3 people according info on the pool MineP.it

net hash : 11.15 MH/s
pool hash : 11.58 MH/s,  number of workers 3

Do we really wanna keep the POW for just 3 people still mining ? and thereby leaving the network incredibly weak ?

Can we please have a reply DSF...

Agree

poknat

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:33:38 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 04:43:48 AM by poknat

main question is where is this coin going? Huh

update-- nethash up 82mhs
DSF (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:33:31 AM

Poll added. Please consider your answer carefully before voting. We would be happy to read your additional comments below.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 09:44:44 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 09:59:17 AM by qwizzie

thanks for this poll DSF... (poll to be found all the way up the page, above the pagenumbers)

* I'm for changing to full POS

* Motivation : currently too few miners still mining, making the network weak. Also the principle of equal distribution among people
                     with POW is gone with these few miners.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
MineP.it

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:15:42 AM

thanks for this poll DSF... (poll to be found all the way up the page, above the pagenumbers)

* I'm for changing to full POS

* Motivation : currently too few miners still mining, making the network weak. Also the principle of equal distribution among people
                     with POW is gone with these few miners.

Same

Kergekoin

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:45:34 AM

Earlier i was opposed to cutting the PoW sooner than the planned date, but now even i am turning to agree with others. Security may become an issue with that low hash rate. I suggest to cut in a month or two. So people who are late can still mine a bit, but not for long.

cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:50:16 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2014, 05:14:54 AM by cyberspacemonkey

Only 7 people have voted on the poll and DIG only has 40 votes on Poloniex, no community... it's just sad, really  Undecided
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: