Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:29:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Memorycoin ★ Modern CPU PoW ★ COMPLETELY GPU/ASIC FREE ★ NO Free PoS  (Read 39195 times)
Delinquency (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:11:59 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2016, 04:43:46 PM by Delinquency

Memorycoin (MMC)
v3.010.102

Quick Summary
Designed specifically for you
No Free coins from PoS
Mined only on Modern Computers
Shareholder-Decided Development Team
Unique Developer Team - YOU choose who develops
Impervious Support and Troubleshooting Team
Voted-for Charity receives 1% of current block rewards
Special Momentum (Non-Scrypt, Non-SHA256) Algorithm
Highly Active Community - Many Activities and contests
Extreme Development, Community Support, and Productivity Rate
Limited NO GPU Mining (only 2X vs. CPUs)

ATTENTION MEMORYCOIN WALLET USERS
Bookmark this link for future wallet updates.

Introduction
  We are hiring. Anyone may declare their candidacy at Memorycoin Forums.

Memorycoin is one of the latest and surviving crypto-currencies that do not focus on minting and mining. In our community, every coin owned is valued as an opinion to promote the development and success of the coin. A “shareholder” in Memorycoin is defined as a “Coin Holder” who owns coins in his respective wallet. Memorycoin features a dedicated team to do work for the coin. Shareholders are in control of who is elected for the coin. They may voice their opinion in elections that take place three times a day. Coins are rewarded to candidates and may be received as payment or contribution for their support of the coin.

Memorycoin is a new cryptocurrency that aims to empower the economically and financially marginalized. It allows individuals to participate in the internet economy even when they live in countries where payments are prohibited.

Individuals who do not have the resources to build specific mining machines may mine Memorycoin just as efficiently as anyone else by using a modern computer.

Memorycoin also devotes a proportional amount of coins to be used by developers. Actively paid developers will ensure the increasing value of the coin. The percentage of the block-chain paid out to developers are directly controlled by shareholders.

Memorycoin cannot “die” because anyone may run for candidacy. Anyone may become the coin’s developers on a limited basis by winning tri-daily elections. Multiple candidates for any one position may also be elected in these elections. Memorycoin has five Developer positions and a Charity Administrator position available.

The voting process requires only a very trivial amount of coins. Elections are hard-coded and take place on the block-chain. There are five positions available to any users that may be voted on by any Memorycoin Holders. Shareholders may also 'spoil' their votes to prevent coins from being rewarded to candidates.

Development in the coin is correlated by our exchange rate. Memorycoin’s Developers receive reward based on the exchange rate of the coin. Developers may choose to do as they like with the coins, whether to hold or spend them. These coins consist of 1% of the current block reward, and the total supply given granted to candidates amount to 6% of the supply minted at any given time.

Memorycoin was given a ~7.3% pre-mine matured around one month after the launch to ensure the coin had a good start. Most of these coins have already been circulated throughout the block-chain and are available to buy on exchanges.

Memorycoin’s supply schedule is very aggressive. We implemented a 5% reduction in reward per week since Dec. 15, 2013. We discovered a bug in the supply schedule and have recently corrected it in the new hard-fork. The current schedule presents a flat supply rate on the block-chain until we have hit the 10 million coin limit on Dec. 15, 2014.

Initially, around 9.2 million coins were supposed to be minted during the first year of MMC minting, the rest would be mined during the second year. Afterwards 2% inflation will take place. This statement was tested and we recently corrected this in the v3 hard fork.

In the new v3 supply, Ten million MMC will be minted during the first year (this includes the pre-mine). After the first year, 2% inflation will take place. Only 200,000 coins will be minted at a flat rate between Dec. 15, 2014 and Dec. 15, 2015. After that year, only 204,000 MMC will be minted. This puts Memorycoin in a situation where only appreciation can occur, and our exchange rate will learn to accept a very stable relationship between fiat in the long-run.

Memorycoin's main forums website is located at Memorycoin Forums, where the entire community can communicate in an organized fashion.

Our Main Memorycoin Web Page can be located at Memorycoin.org.

Parameters
  PoW Hash
Momentum (64K XOR AES-CBC x 50) with SHA512 Generation
  Block target
8 minutes
  Port
  Codebase
ProtoShares 0.8.6 (Bitcoin 0.8.5)
  Block reward
280 MMC, 5% reduction every 1680 blocks
  Total Coins
10 Million coins in the first year, 2% inflation thereafter.
  Difficulty Retargeting
Every block with the Kimoto 'Gravity Well'.
Patched KGW time-warp exploit as of hard-fork at Block 35720.
(Heavycoin's) Temporal Retargeting Since V3 Hard-Fork

Technicals

1. Generate 1GB PsuedoRandom data using SHA512.

2. For each 64K block - Repeat 50 times.
  2.1 Use the last 32bits as a pointer to another 64K block.
  2.2 XOR the two 64K blocks together.
  2.3 AES CBC encrypt the result using the last 256 bits as a key.

3. Use the last 32bits%2^14 as the solution. If the solution==1968, the block is solved.

This offers a good level of GPU and ASIC resistance due to:
  1. Complexity
PoW requires SHA512 hashing and AES-CBC encryption.
  2. AES-NI instruction sets
Most CPU's have specific AES instruction sets, GPU's have no need for this and do not integrate this technology.
  3. SHA512
More efficient with 64-bit operations, GPU's are only 32-bit.

MemoryCoin Manifesto
 (OLD - Under Development) Memorycoin Manifesto - Memorycoin.org

Memorycoin is a new cryptocurrency that aims to empower the economically and financially marginalized. It allows individuals to participate in the internet economy even when they live in countries where payments are prohibited. Individuals who do not have the resources to build specific mining machines may mine Memorycoin efficiently just by using a modern computer.

Memorycoin also devotes a proportional amount of coins to be used by developers. Actively paid developers will ensure the increasing value of the coin. The percentage of the block-chain paid out to developers are directly controlled by shareholders.

We're Hiring
  Current Candidates and More Information

Windows Wallet (Raw and 7z)
  v3.010.102 - MSI Executable

MMC Forums Thread
(Memorycoin Wallet Executable v3.010.102)
((7z))

LINUX

MAC/OS X Wallet
  v3.010.102 - Pre-compiled
(DOWNLOAD v3.010.102)
Can't Open it?

Only MAC Versions 10.9 and earlier are supported (10.9+)

Special PoW
The Proof of Work is a modified Momentum based algorithm. It has a small SHA512 component, and a large AES component - chips with AES-NI instruction sets will fare *much* better. Each hash requires just 1GB of Memory to perform and encrypts 50GB of data. By contrast, the verification only requires 128K and less than one 10th of a second.

Our special YAM miners have the ability to allocate 1GB RAM per core, increasing the hash speed.
ex. Mining with 12 cores requires just 1GB RAM but can allocate up to 12GB RAM to increase hashing speeds.

Supported CPU's
Wikipedia Article

CPU Mining
The miner included with the latest MemoryCoin client will take advantage of AES-NI instruction sets with the generic YAM miner.
Note - you may need to enable AES-NI in your BIOS - some manufacturers ship with it disabled.

The mining rate will be proportional to your CPU's AES encryption ability, RAM Speed, and CPU Frequency.

Comparison chart of CPU's
Popular CPU Hardware AES-NI Rate Comparisons

CPU Hardware Database
AMD
Intel

GPU Hardware Database
ATI AMD GPU's

Mining Pools
Find P2Pool Nodes here

Memorycoin Wikipedia

Voting
How to Vote and How it works

The Block-Chain hires five specific candidates to develop for Memorycoin.
Current Candidates (Forums)
Memorycoin Votes (Debugging)

Current Candidate Announcements Directory

Current CEO Announcements
Current CMO Announcements
Current CTO Announcements
Current CSO Announcements
Current CNO Announcements

The Block-Chain also hires one charity administrator to donate to specific charities.
Current Charity

MemoryCoin Beta
~6.2% – Balances from the MemoryCoin Beta at block 8820 were transferred into the new Block-Chain at Block 1. You can import your MemoryCoin Beta balance by copying your wallet into place after installing the new MemoryCoin QT client.
  Premine
~1.12% – ProtoShares Holders
ProtoShares owners at Block 32000 have received a distribution at a rate of 1 MMC for each 10PTS. With around 1 Million PTS issued, about 112,000MMC were distributed in this way and PTS owners will cumulatively have a 1% stake in MemoryCoin at launch. You can import your balance by using your ProtoShares wallet with MemoryCoin. It is recommend that you transfer your balance to a fresh MemoryCoin wallet after import.

Source
Based on the ProtoShares code base, which is based on Bitcoin 0.8.5
https://github.com/memorycoin/memorycoin

Faucets
Memorycoin Square Faucet (Coming soon...)

Online Wallet
Memorycoin Square Online Wallet (Coming soon...)

Block Explorer
Memorycoin Explorer
Coinplorer - Block Explorer

Votes Explorer
Current Elections (temp.) - MMC-Votes.com (Currently in Debugging Phase)

Misc.
Rich List

Exchanges

BTC
BTer - Trade - MMC/BTC
Poloniex - Trade - BTC/MMC

CNY
Bter - Trade - MMC/CNY

Sponsorships
Sponsorship Board

Biophil the Marathon Runner

Interviews
Manebjorn with Delinquency

Support & Help Board
Support and Help - Memorycoin Square

Feedback Board
Feedback - Memorycoin Forums

Videos

Memorycoin! Remember When?

Websites
Memorycoin Homepage

Facebook Page
Memorycoin Twitter Account
Memorycoin Reddit Webpage
Memorycoin on CoinMarketCap.com
Memorycoin on Cryptocoinrank.com

Contests
Guess That Number! Round 3 - 240 MMC Prize

Bounties
EZ MMC Miner GUI - 2,750.000 MMC
Windows Electrum Build - 800.000 MMC

Group Funds
Memorycoin Art

Freebies
New Members Freebie - Memorycoin Square Forum

Giveaways
New Members Giveaway - Memorycoin Square Forum

Forum
Memorycoin Forums
Bitsharestalk.org Memorycoin Sub-Forum
Previous Announcement Thread

Trolling posts will be deleted - please take off-topic or inflammatory discussions to another thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tomorrow

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:15:45 PM

We also have a LTC market at bittrex.  Grin

also, could you add KB's block-explorer ?
HVCgeek

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:36:15 PM

good to have memorycoin back to the game. have been watching it for a while
Delinquency (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:24:54 PM

What's the link? I couldn't find it anywhere
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:57:57 PM

Same question here. Where is the link ?

Delinquency (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:04:45 PM

I think he sent me the link before but it's down at the moment. I'll send him a PM for the whereabouts. The coinplorer explorer should work okay for now.
brkb

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:18:26 PM

Good luck, MemoryCoin!

How I've earned 0.088 BTC for making few forum posts on LetsTalkBitcoin.com
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=707439.0 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  
Delinquency (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:21:05 PM

Good luck, MemoryCoin!

Thanks for your support, brkb!
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:24:26 PM

So no mac wallet.  Have already given up on this coin a couple of times because of sloppy developer engagement but at least have a new mac wallet before announcing a hard fork!  Major fail.
brkb

Activity: 68

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:29:39 PM

This shows Mac wallet http://memorycoin.info/wallets/ Maybe this one can be used?

BTW, what's the reason of hard fork?

How I've earned 0.088 BTC for making few forum posts on LetsTalkBitcoin.com
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=707439.0 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  
Delinquency (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:31:36 PM

So no mac wallet.  Have already given up on this coin a couple of times because of sloppy developer engagement but at least have a new mac wallet before announcing a hard fork!  Major fail.

The hard fork hasn't been applied, there are still seven days before MAC wallets require a mandatory update.
There are alternatives such as moving your wallet to an exchange, or rather using a Linux or Windows wallet in the meantime.

What is a Hard-Fork?

This shows Mac wallet http://memorycoin.info/wallets/ Maybe this one can be used?

BTW, what's the reason of hard fork?

Time Warp Bug:
Also please view this post on details of the hard-fork and current updates to the wallet.
KillerByte

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:14:40 PM

I think he sent me the link before but it's down at the moment. I'll send him a PM for the whereabouts. The coinplorer explorer should work okay for now.

MMCExplorer is not (and has not been) down (if it is... its news to me)... the link is http://mmcexplorer.info/
Delinquency (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:21:28 PM

I've updated the link for your block explorer, KB.
TenSeng Guis

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:24:45 AM

Reannounce? MMC was dead. It cost me losing about 2 btc. I won't believe in MMC though.
loveDry

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:29:59 AM

CPU Mining? Pow has been out of fashion now, but I like this name.

EquinoxManagement - New Reliable Currency
GlobAllCoin -100%IPO- (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=720348.0)810907301@qq.com
Delinquency (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:45:33 AM

Reannounce? MMC was dead. It cost me losing about 2 btc. I won't believe in MMC though.

I'm sorry about your loss, TenSeng, a lot of other investors lost this or even more as well too.

The coin dropped by over 1300% in a few months, but it was expected if you look at the fundamentals.

You bought into it, so it looks like the mining period of inflation overtook the coin. However, the mining period is almost complete at 70%, now is your chance to snag a small stake for a modest profit.

Just to be clear, the first year will mint about 8 million coins. About 2 million coins will be minted in the second year, and only 200,000 coins will be minted after that.
Aubrey1232

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:29:33 PM

what is news people waiting that will happen 2morrow
Delinquency (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:10:22 PM

We've been able to compile the Mac Wallet for Mavericks. Wallet compilations for Lion<= will be out soon. Links have been updated.
kanes

Activity: 107

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 12:53:09 PM

Join us at the forum! Cheesy

altcoinherald

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 01:22:13 PM

MemoryCoin relaunch has been added to the Altcoin Countdown Calendar. http://altcoinherald.com/altcoin-launch-calendar/  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: