Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:07:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Memorycoin ★ Modern CPU PoW ★ COMPLETELY GPU/ASIC FREE ★ NO Free PoS  (Read 39197 times)
coaex

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@coaex - LBMA certified Gold & Silver

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 02:03:16 PM

The wallet doesn't appear to be able to bootstrap itself (no working nodes) and the last posted nodes don't appear to be live either.

Working nodes are the very minimum for a live coin.

The CEO or CTO should either post working nodes or resign.

Okay, so far we know, delinquency (current CEO) is resigned. You can take over and resurrect the coin.
We, as Coaex, can setup a block explorer, as well.

Coaex Precious Metals - Cryptocoin Gold and Silver Bullion
in2tactics

Activity: 578
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 01:36:46 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2016, 11:38:03 PM by in2tactics

The wallet doesn't appear to be able to bootstrap itself (no working nodes) and the last posted nodes don't appear to be live either.

Working nodes are the very minimum for a live coin.

The CEO or CTO should either post working nodes or resign.

@FreeTrade  You can get an updated list of nodes from http://coinofview.com/mmc under the NETWORK section.

@coaex  Coinplorer still has an active memorycoin block explorer. It can be found at https://coinplorer.com/MMC.

Current HW: 2x Apollo
Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
in2tactics

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 10:17:01 AM

Has anybody heard anything from Delinquency on any forum, reddit, or twitter? I hope the guy is okay.

Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
FreeTrade
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 03:24:28 PM

hmmm, thinking about an Azure integration to get it kickstarted again

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
coaex

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 04:03:19 PM

@coaex  Coinplorer still has an active memorycoin block explorer. It can be found at https://coinplorer.com/MMC.

well, my wallet shows 164,903 blocks while coinplorer shows 164,190 (4 days ago)
by the way, it seems I'm still CMO of memorycoin. well, then, according to FT's decision, I may continue.
apart from that, you should initiate a bank run from BTER as they are not willing to enable deposits for MMC.
I don't think it's a fair practice.

in2tactics

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 09:48:12 PM

hmmm, thinking about an Azure integration to get it kickstarted again

What exactly are you going to integrate on Azure?

@coaex  Coinplorer still has an active memorycoin block explorer. It can be found at https://coinplorer.com/MMC.

well, my wallet shows 164,903 blocks while coinplorer shows 164,190 (4 days ago)

It does appear that coinplorer keeps losing sync. It has been exhibiting this behavior for weeks. I believe that has more to do with the limited number of nodes on the blockchain than through any fault of coinplorer. I would hazard to guess that most block explorers will have a similarly difficult time in maintaining sync.

by the way, it seems I'm still CMO of memorycoin. well, then, according to FT's decision, I may continue.

What decision are you specifically referring to?

apart from that, you should initiate a bank run from BTER as they are not willing to enable deposits for MMC.

I have seen you talk about this before. The request for de-listing from Bter was a really poor decision. Whoever did that must not care about MMC.

https://twitter.com/MemoryCoinMMC/status/703921949811064832

coaex

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 10:28:08 PM

1)What decision are you specifically referring to?
Whether FT is going to take over MMC or not.
Even though I don't approve him, I may work with him in an auditor role or something similar.

2)I have seen you talk about this before. The request for de-listing from Bter was a really poor decision. Whoever did that must not care about MMC.

I did that after requesting an approval from delinquency and had no response from him for 10 days and I still believe my call was right.
Do you know that Bter refused to provide any justification for this practice? You can see for yourself by contacting them. Hopefully, withdrawals are working but I sense that someone (probably FT) agreed with Bter to increase the price of MMC with the intention of creating an arbitrage opportunity between two exchanges. That's just a wild guess but I'm generally good at that.

By the way, MMC is a democratic coin, if you are not willing to see me or any other person, you can vote for someone else for these duties. I can also hand over twitter account to responsible people (if there is any).
I had spent more than enough time and effort for MMC, my company's reputation is more important than Memorycoin and I can't stand for these kind of undutiful developers.

in2tactics

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 02:44:45 AM

1)What decision are you specifically referring to?
Whether FT is going to take over MMC or not.
Even though I don't approve him, I may work with him in an auditor role or something similar.

I do not believe that FreeTrade has made a final decision with regard to working on MMC again.

2)I have seen you talk about this before. The request for de-listing from Bter was a really poor decision. Whoever did that must not care about MMC.

I did that after requesting an approval from delinquency and had no response from him for 10 days and I still believe my call was right.
Do you know that Bter refused to provide any justification for this practice? You can see for yourself by contacting them. Hopefully, withdrawals are working but I sense that someone (probably FT) agreed with Bter to increase the price of MMC with the intention of creating an arbitrage opportunity between two exchanges. That's just a wild guess but I'm generally good at that.

I am not quite following you on this. I should address your much earlier statement first.

Bter simply say "Keep an eye on the network and we may enable MMC deposit without notice." You can contact Bter and see their response by yourself. This practice is no good since it may end up with an unintentional/intentional market manipulation. Therefore, an action should be taken and I still feel responsible in my duty.

Your quote from Bter sounds like they are having trouble staying in sync with our blockchain. That is not surprising considering the block explorer is having the same issue. It is also understandable that Bter would disable deposits for that reason.

By the way, MMC is a democratic coin, if you are not willing to see me or any other person, you can vote for someone else for these duties. I can also hand over twitter account to responsible people (if there is any).

I am very familiar with how MMC works. I was not trying to offend you. I just believe that your concerns should have been fully discussed with the stakeholders prior to such an announcement.

I had spent more than enough time and effort for MMC, my company's reputation is more important than Memorycoin and I can't stand for these kind of undutiful developers.

What does the reputation of your company have to do with MMC?

I do not wish to be combative with you coaex nor do I wish to be at odds with you. I think that we both have the same goal and that goal is to do what is best for MMC.

cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2016, 09:02:16 AM

is there currently a pool or is it solo mining only now -- ive beed busy & forgotten

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
in2tactics

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 02:24:22 PM

is there currently a pool or is it solo mining only now -- ive beed busy & forgotten

At the moment, I believe solo mining is the only option. The default nodes are currently down so I am reasonably sure that it is not possible to setup a p2pool node. There is also the issue with YAM not working properly. It is unable to mine for the developer because of the downed nodes so it stops mining after 400 shares. I have been meaning to talk with yvg1900 about possible solutions, but I have not yet done so.

space_invader

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 12:35:35 PM

Hi folks,

Nice to see the project is under resurrection :-)
Do you know how to download the latest wallet? The links from this thread are broken.
mycoinsstore

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 04:04:44 PM

Hi, all!

What's happened with mmc-forums.com? It's down a few days.
in2tactics

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 11:19:48 AM

Hi, all!

I am not sure what is wrong with the forums. I am assuming that the hosting service expired.

Hi folks,

Nice to see the project is under resurrection :-)
Do you know how to download the latest wallet? The links from this thread are broken.

I know that you can download the source from https://github.com/memorycoin/memorycoin and compile it manually, but as far as the pre-compiled windows binaries are concerned I think they are unavailable along with the forums. I have a copy of the latest windows binary and can upload it if necessary.

mycoinsstore

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 02:33:12 PM

Hi, all!

I am not sure what is wrong with the forums. I am assuming that the hosting service expired.
Very bad Sad
How we can contact Delinquency to fix this problem?
in2tactics

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 09:53:52 PM

Very bad Sad

I have been trying to contact him for the past three weeks. I have sent him e-mail message and PMs on both his reddit and bitcointalk accounts. I have had no response from either reddit or bitcointalk and my e-mails to him were returned as undeliverable. I am assuming that his e-mail hosting service has expired as well. Sad

mycoinsstore

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 08:54:10 AM

Very bad Sad

I have been trying to contact him for the past three weeks. I have sent him e-mail message and PMs on both his reddit and bitcointalk accounts. I have had no response from either reddit or bitcointalk and my e-mails to him were returned as undeliverable. I am assuming that his e-mail hosting service has expired as well. Sad
So, whats next?
in2tactics

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 10:05:29 AM

So, whats next?

I hope the guy did not drop dead. At this point, we have to just keep going and hopefully we can enlist some folks that want to work on the development side of things.

mycoinsstore

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 10:11:38 AM

So, whats next?

I hope the guy did not drop dead.
I hope so.

At this point, we have to just keep going and hopefully we can enlist some folks that want to work on the development side of things.
I think I can setup a pool for mmc. I have a working prototype.
in2tactics

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 10:42:24 AM

You going to use the p2pool code from early 2015? or uNOMP?

mycoinsstore

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 01:07:21 PM

You going to use the p2pool code from early 2015? or uNOMP?
I have the same code that was used on mmc-forums.com pool.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: