Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:21:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Memorycoin ★ Modern CPU PoW ★ COMPLETELY GPU/ASIC FREE ★ NO Free PoS  (Read 39196 times)
ikonic1

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 03:28:12 PM

Hello,

I note on Poloniex that the price has ranged in the last 24 hours from 1,800 to 4,100. The volume is 13 BTC which is not bad for a less well-known alt-coin. Does anyone have any idea for this rise?

Also, on March 18, the price shot up to around 40,000. The volume was around 7 BTC. Any thoughts on why this occurred?

Thanks for the suggestions / ideas / opinions!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mycoinsstore

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 04:14:50 PM

Hello,

I note on Poloniex that the price has ranged in the last 24 hours from 1,800 to 4,100. The volume is 13 BTC which is not bad for a less well-known alt-coin. Does anyone have any idea for this rise?

Also, on March 18, the price shot up to around 40,000. The volume was around 7 BTC. Any thoughts on why this occurred?

Seems pump-and-dump attempt.  Wink
More interesting thing is a 170K mmc wall at 3600...
ikonic1

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 05:30:21 PM

Hello,

I don't see the wall on Polo - maybe it's already gone.

When you say "wall", you mean that, at 3,600, 170K of MMC will be sold thus pushing down the price, correct?

Is it possible to have a "fake wall" if one does not own 170K of the MMC?
mycoinsstore

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:07:22 PM

Hello,

When you say "wall", you mean that, at 3,600, 170K of MMC will be sold thus pushing down the price, correct?

Somebody set sell order of 170K mmc at 0.00003600 BTC. Now it's 66K mmc at 0.0003700
And no, you can't set a "fake wall", because you have to hold the coins in your exchange wallet to trade them.
ikonic1

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 10:28:48 PM

Somebody set sell order of 170K mmc at 0.00003600 BTC. Now it's 66K mmc at 0.0003700
And no, you can't set a "fake wall", because you have to hold the coins in your exchange wallet to trade them.

So when you say the 170 MMC sell wall is "interesting" it was "interesting" because...?

Forgive my naivety but I'm just trying to understand.
mycoinsstore

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 10:30:33 PM

So when you say the 170 MMC sell wall is "interesting" it was "interesting" because...?

Understand what?
GoldTiger69

Activity: 582
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 10:33:57 PM

Understand what?

Is this the same coin that Freetrade developed some years a go?

I can help you to restore/recover your wallet or password.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234619.0
mycoinsstore

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 10:48:55 PM

Understand what?

Yes.
But some of this clever guys (I don't know who exactly), was able to modify original mmc code to make it impossible (now) mine mmc with GPU.
in2tactics

Activity: 578
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 01:05:23 AM

But some of this clever guys (I don't know who exactly), was able to modify original mmc code to make it impossible (now) mine mmc with GPU.

The coding for MMC2 was not changed. If I remember my early months of 2014 correctly, the Radeon HD 7970 or Radeon R9 280X produced ~20HPM at around 350W. The i7-4770K initially produced ~3HPM at less than 90W. When yvg1900 released YAM, the i7-4770K jumped to ~13HPM. GPU miners simply could not compete with the power efficiency of CPU miners when they are between 2 and 3 times more efficient. AES-NI FTW!!! On a similar note, it is normal to see a dual socket Xeon servers pushing 40 HPM when using YAM. The problem right now is that all the default pools are down and YAM stops mining when it is unable to submit shares for the developer.

Current HW: 2x Apollo
Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
coaex

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@coaex - LBMA certified Gold & Silver

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 06:37:10 AM

Seems pump-and-dump attempt.  Wink

Understand what?

Yes.

Delinquency did that and I still think it's brilliant. By the way, Memorycoin was originally designed to be GPU/ASIC resistant but it simply failed in that part.
GPUs along with botnets hit this coin badly and made it depreciated. Therefore, FreeTrade abandoned, Delinquency took over and designed the coin impossible to be mined by GPUs/ASICs.
As the coin supply is reduced dramatically couple of months ago (again based on original design), all the coins in the market should have high intrinsic value. In other words, you have a great chance to resurrect the coin now as the base is stable and you guys can make a difference and make it appreciated.

Coaex Precious Metals - Cryptocoin Gold and Silver Bullion
mycoinsstore

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 08:30:36 AM

The coding for MMC2 was not changed. If I remember my early months of 2014 correctly, the Radeon HD 7970 or Radeon R9 280X produced ~20HPM at around 350W. The i7-4770K initially produced ~3HPM at less than 90W. When yvg1900 released YAM, the i7-4770K jumped to ~13HPM. GPU miners simply could not compete with the power efficiency of CPU miners when they are between 2 and 3 times more efficient. AES-NI FTW!!! On a similar note, it is normal to see a dual socket Xeon servers pushing 40 HPM when using YAM. The problem right now is that all the default pools are down and YAM stops mining when it is unable to submit shares for the developer.
Code was changed. This is a fact.
Exactly after that all major pools (mmcpool.com and 1gh.com) delisted mmc.
And people lost interest to mmc, because ask yourself - how many people has Xeon servers?
Also, yam-miner main problem is a proprietary closed-source code with hardcoded (dead now) pools.

Understand what?

Yes.

Delinquency did that and I still think it's brilliant. By the way, Memorycoin was originally designed to be GPU/ASIC resistant but it simply failed in that part.
GPUs along with botnets hit this coin badly and made it depreciated. Therefore, FreeTrade abandoned, Delinquency took over and designed the coin impossible to be mined by GPUs/ASICs.
As the coin supply is reduced dramatically couple of months ago (again based on original design), all the coins in the market should have high intrinsic value. In other words, you have a great chance to resurrect the coin now as the base is stable and you guys can make a difference and make it appreciated.
Yes, but this supply reduction, GPU mining impossibility and CPU mining difficulty leaded to nearly death of mmc Sad
Solo mining possible only on low difficulty. If it raises to 0.00000010, for example, it will be impossible and not economically viable to people to mine mmc.
So, why new people should be interested in mmc?
dream7000

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 08:56:37 AM

And people lost interest to mmc, because ask yourself - how many people has Xeon servers?
Also, yam-miner main problem is a proprietary closed-source code with hardcoded (dead now) pools.

Understand what?

Yes.

Yes, but this supply reduction, GPU mining impossibility and CPU mining difficulty leaded to nearly death of mmc Sad
Solo mining possible only on low difficulty. If it raises to 0.00000010, for example, it will be impossible and not economically viable to people to mine mmc.
So, why new people should be interested in mmc?
This is a great advantage of this coin :Momentum (64K XOR AES-CBC x 50) with SHA512 Generation
Security high level.

in2tactics

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 09:06:21 AM

I know there was a code change when MemoryCoin Beta and ProtoShares transitioned to MemoryCoin 2.0 (MMC2). After Delinquency took over MMC2, I remember a hard fork sometime in the second half of 2014, but I did not realize that was a major algorithm change. I also remember dwarfpool.com and 1gh.com delisting MMC2 around that same time-frame.

It was never my understanding that GPU mining was dead due to code changes, but I could be wrong. I just remember the GPU mining discussion dying when yvg1900 released YAM with MMC2 support.

Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
mycoinsstore

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 09:09:52 AM

I know there was a code change when MemoryCoin Beta and ProtoShares transitioned to MemoryCoin 2.0 (MMC2). After Delinquency took over MMC2, I remember a hard fork sometime in the second half of 2014, but I did not realize that was a major algorithm change. I also remember dwarfpool.com and 1gh.com delisting MMC2 around that same time-frame.

It was never my understanding that GPU mining was dead due to code changes, but I could be wrong. I just remember the GPU mining discussion dying when yvg1900 released YAM with MMC2 support.
Believe me, mmc code was changed and GPU mining was blocked. You can see this changes in mmc sources.
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 05:12:05 PM

i am sure you are correct although i am personally not an expert (just a noob) on coding gpu miners

still there should be nothing stopping some individual with the proper skills to fork the code of mmc2
and develop their own gpu miner

I cannot imagine it would be a radical jume in efficient mining but with closed source one never knows....

Honestly I was quite interested in mmc2 at the time it was launched although I normally don't like asic resistant algorithms that use (some people say 'waste') a lot of memory....... Smiley

i kind of lost interest when I knew I was solo mining or mining at a few hashes per minute . basically a rubberband slingshot and some others had gunpowder !!

my work on other projects leaves me no time to volunteer time to develop for mmc2

my involvement was for my own learning only still mmc2 imo introduced many good features like the voting ect.... that while others discussed in concept , never deployed them to an experimental coin like mmc2

gotta give credit where due

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
mycoinsstore

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 06:17:59 PM

i am sure you are correct although i am personally not an expert (just a noob) on coding gpu miners

still there should be nothing stopping some individual with the proper skills to fork the code of mmc2
and develop their own gpu miner

I cannot imagine it would be a radical jume in efficient mining but with closed source one never knows....

Honestly I was quite interested in mmc2 at the time it was launched although I normally don't like asic resistant algorithms that use (some people say 'waste') a lot of memory....... Smiley

i kind of lost interest when I knew I was solo mining or mining at a few hashes per minute . basically a rubberband slingshot and some others had gunpowder !!

my work on other projects leaves me no time to volunteer time to develop for mmc2

my involvement was for my own learning only still mmc2 imo introduced many good features like the voting ect.... that while others discussed in concept , never deployed them to an experimental coin like mmc2

gotta give credit where due
I agree.
But another problem is a huge amount of ?premine? Or I wonder what is it in this 5 wallets:
1. MVgvtTcrX7A7pW96su5ipfGMReE1f5DzKS - 4,060,000.001 MMC  Huh
2. MJXcKaNuJMesxAn1vpC2gdHtcF5UEa46H5 - 371,315.73 MMC
3. M9iSxGQaqCjnnhSEmAQdJjPcaQFH9Nbk4N - 236,481.67666435 MMC
4. MFWwzCpZMQHttNUEqFmGxG3mYeKqUNadqm - 229,023.6917106 MMC
5. MMC1337wCzx1gFt29htCzEBVQ21pKRn4Mb - 204,385.14813958 MMC

It's a half of all mmc!
flmbg

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 11:25:17 AM

Hi, all!

What's happened with mmc-forums.com? It's down a few days.

I am not sure what is wrong with the forums. I am assuming that the hosting service expired.

Hi folks,

Nice to see the project is under resurrection :-)
Do you know how to download the latest wallet? The links from this thread are broken.

I know that you can download the source from https://github.com/memorycoin/memorycoin and compile it manually, but as far as the pre-compiled windows binaries are concerned I think they are unavailable along with the forums. I have a copy of the latest windows binary and can upload it if necessary.

I also need windows version of memorycoin wallet. Can you upload it to help us? Thank you very much
mycoinsstore

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 04:19:32 PM

Hi, all!

What's happened with mmc-forums.com? It's down a few days.

I am not sure what is wrong with the forums. I am assuming that the hosting service expired.

Hi folks,

Nice to see the project is under resurrection :-)
Do you know how to download the latest wallet? The links from this thread are broken.

I know that you can download the source from https://github.com/memorycoin/memorycoin and compile it manually, but as far as the pre-compiled windows binaries are concerned I think they are unavailable along with the forums. I have a copy of the latest windows binary and can upload it if necessary.

I also need windows version of memorycoin wallet. Can you upload it to help us? Thank you very much
Catch it - last wallet+full synced blockchain - https://mega.nz/#!Dc9hUJiQ!HDRDpah_FiF_3bbweTHdIjdoAPMrtTHIJ7-yflB4lfI
Only add your own memorycoin.conf file.
in2tactics

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 05:11:42 AM

Believe me, mmc code was changed and GPU mining was blocked. You can see this changes in mmc sources.

I spent the last few days going over all of the commits and merges made to the source code by Delinquency on GitHub. I went as far back as December 2013 and I found no changes to the algorithm or more specifically no changes to the implementation of momentum. I did find changes to the protocol with respect to difficulty re-targeting and fork handling. Delinquency also added copyright notices and changed bitcoin to memorycoin in all variables, functions, and file names. Additionally, I found significant updates to the Qt interface.

Have you even gone through the source code?

https://github.com/memorycoin/memorycoin
https://github.com/Delinquency/memorycoin

I also found the following post from Delinquency where he failed to confirm that GPU mining is no longer possible. He only stated that the pools supporting GPU mining for MMC2 discontinued it.

2 little questions to devs,

certainly not urgent but when you have time if you don't mind,

1) To compile are you using cmake or qt or what exactly to make the windows binary wallets you are distributing ?

I only tried to compile it 2x quickly the other day and got some weird errors , was using qt 4.8.6 i believe , with boost 1_55_0 , open ssl1.0.1j and the most recent qr code libraries and miniiupnpc. I was tied up at the time and figured I would have another go at it again this week.

2) Has there been any additional releases of open sourced miners with more optimizations /open  cl support ect..  in the past few months.  While I did not see any on the thread I still felt it worth asking. Thanks guys.

Windows Binary Libraries are compiled under nitrogenetic's tutorial. If you need help with the compile, you can post here.

The most optimized miner is closed source, by yvg1900. (YAM)

The only GPU miners that have ever come out were only supported by specific pools. Those pools have discontinued accepting shares for Memorycoin. They were closed source and only supported a specific amount of Video Cards (over 2G VRAM).

Now back to my original post...

I think that the facts I have previously mentioned vindicate my original statement.

Additionally, I would like to add the following as further evidence concerning YAM's performance.

yvg1900 has made huge optimizations to the CPU miners - upto 400% on the latest processors, putting CPUs back on an equal footing with GPUs - more here

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1630.msg27602#msg27602

Yeah, the new CPU miner is better than GPU mining. I'm getting a 320% performance boost with my i7 3770k. Infact, my 3770k is outperforming my 7950 GPU, while using around 33% of the power. Amazing.

mycoinsstore

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 07:51:56 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2016, 11:40:02 AM by mycoinsstore

Hi, in2tactics !

Unfortunately I have no time to go so deep into the mmc sources, but I believe to coaex and my own eyes.
GPU mining stopped working exactly after one of the Delinquency mandatory mmc code and wallet updates.

And this Delinquency's post is not true:
The only GPU miners that have ever come out were only supported by specific pools. Those pools have discontinued accepting shares for Memorycoin. They were closed source and only supported a specific amount of Video Cards (over 2G VRAM).
Pools discontinued accepting shares for Memorycoin AFTER changes to mmc code and wallet, not before.
Ask yourself - why should pools kill GPU mining of mmc? They had a good fees from this mining, because of a big amount of GPU miners.

Also, GPU miners supported not only pool mining, but solo mining too. I mined mmc with my 2 R9 270x 2GB cards, using mc2miner and other miners (that supports GPU and CPU mining). But now, even solo GPU and CPU mining not working. Only yam miner working now. The question is why?  Wink

Btw: I remember time when GPU miners worked even with p2pool mmc pools. I have a working code of such p2pool, but it no longer accept shares from GPU miners.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: