Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:24:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GOP - Rand Paul's Presidential Highlight Reel w/ his Libertarian Twist  (Read 205769 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 05:37:41 AM

Rand Paul on Fox News w/ Bill Hemmer Morning Show at 9:40 am ET

https://twitter.com/RandPaul

You'll have to scroll down a few and there you'll find the appropriate commentary. If you have the Fox News channel and are gonna be up at this time tomorrow, you can watch it for yourself. Otherwise, I'll post the youtube version later on for your viewing pleasure. For those that aren't familiar, this show on Fox typically has well over a million viewers that happen to be GOP primary voters and hopefully they see Rand at his best depending on what they talk about.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 05:39:56 AM

EXCLUSIVE — RAND’S PARENTS RON AND CAROL PAUL: SENATOR’S FILIBUSTER OF NSA ‘WAS FANTASTIC,’ ‘HELPED WAKE UP AMERICAN PEOPLE’

HOUSTON, Texas — The filibuster against the National Security Agency (NSA) bulk data collection program that Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)
led in the U.S. Senate earlier this year was “fantastic,” his father, former Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), tells Breitbart News exclusively.

“I think it was fantastic because it called attention to a very, very important issue,” Ron Paul said in an interview at a fundraiser in Houston for his son’s presidential campaign that many members of the Paul family—whose home is just an hour from here in Lake Jackson, Texas—attended. “It hit a chord because it helped wake up the American people. I think it was great and that kind of stuff goes a long way.”

The senator’s mother, Carol Paul, told Breitbart News that her son’s leadership reminded her of what her husband used to do before he retired.

“I’ve seen that before, so I’m pretty much attuned to that,” Carol Paul said when asked about the filibuster.

Paul’s father, Ron—a three-time presidential candidate once as a Libertarian Party member and twice as a GOP member—said Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)93%
is the candidate Republicans should pick as their nominee for president because he’s the only one who understands the issues most important to the nation.

“His philosophy is close to my philosophy,” Ron Paul told Breitbart News of Rand Paul. “It’s for less government, for liberty, and nobody else even has the vaguest understanding if you compare what his understanding is for free markets and Austrian economics. Nobody else even comes close.”

More...http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/20/exclusive-rands-parents-ron-and-carol-paul-senators-filibuster-of-nsa-was-fantastic-helped-wake-up-american-people/
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 05:41:41 AM

RAND PAUL RALLIES HOUSTON FOR REAL NATIONAL SECURITY: ’WE CAN’T PROJECT POWER FROM BANKRUPTCY COURT’

HOUSTON, Texas — Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), a 2016 GOP presidential candidate, again decided to break from the norm of the rest of the field this weekend. While most candidates were in Iowa for the Family Leadership Summit, Paul attended a rally here with hundreds of conservatives just an hour outside his hometown in Lake Jackson, Texas.

“I grew up in Texas, I went to Brazoswood High School about an hour from here and I went to Baylor which is up in Waco—and actually one of the interviews I did on the radio on the way down here was with a guy I was part of Young Conservatives of Texas with, which a group that Steve Munisteri [the former Texas GOP chairman who’s working for Paul’s campaign now] founded and it was a break off of Young Americans for Freedom back in the 1970s,” Paul said in an exclusive interview with Breitbart News right before he took the stage.

“It’s good to be here to reconnect with people and also spend a lot of time with my family as well. Being in Texas is great—a lot of Republicans down here, a very red state—but to have 800 people for a rally is pretty good considering there’s some other Texans in the race as well.”

Paul, a U.S. Senator from Kentucky, grew up here in Texas and is one of many Texans in the 2016 GOP presidential primary. Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry is also running as is Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush was born and raised in Texas too.

Paul, a grassroots conservative candidate, took the stage inside downtown Houston’s Hyatt Regency while local band “The Guzzlers” played hits like “Brown Eyed Girl,” “Sweet Home Alabama,” and other songs before introducing Paul as the “next president of the United States.”

“Anyone here from the leave me alone coalition?” Paul asked the crowd as he took the stage, to shouts of “YEAH!”

More...http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/19/rand-paul-rallies-houston-for-real-national-security-we-cant-project-power-from-bankruptcy-court/
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 05:48:01 AM

Libertarians shouldn’t automatically trust how the media portrays Rand Paul–on immigration or anything else

When Sen. Rand Paul made comments about U.S. immigration policy in the wake of the Chattanooga shooting tragedy recently, a headline at Breitbart read “Rand Paul: Restrict Immigration from Muslim Nations.”

This sounds horrible, right?

It does. It’s also not what Rand Paul said.

http://rare.us/story/libertarians-shouldnt-automatically-trust-how-the-media-portrays-rand-paul-on-immigration-or-anything-else/
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 05:54:36 AM

Rand Paul readying Hill push for guns on military bases and in recruiting stations

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul is working on legislation to allow soldiers to carry guns on military bases, and could introduce it as soon as this week. That could establish him as a leader among conservatives who say last week’s massacre at a Chattanooga, Tennessee recruiting station should change how the military looks at the issue.

“After Major [Nidal] Hasan did the shooting at Fort Hood, we did legislation on arming military on bases,” said Paul, in a roundtable with reporters at his Washington, D.C campaign office. “This was a recruiting station, right? Well, I would include recruiting stations. One of the weird things is that we have 15-20 states where you can open carry. So everybody can carry, except for the military? I think that’s crazy. The rules that apply to everybody should at least apply to the military.”

Paul, who was elected to the Senate a year after Hasan’s 2009 killing spree on the Texas military base, has long favored a policy shift that would allow guns on bases. His new bill may go even further than the versions that followed Fort Hood. In 2013, former Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Tex.) sponsored a Safe Military Bases Act, written to allow guns. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.), one of Paul’s rivals for the Republican Party’s presidential nomination, has used his perch on the Armed Services Committee to ask for hearings on the gun policy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/07/20/rand-paul-readying-hill-push-for-guns-on-military-bases-and-in-recruiting-stations/
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 06:13:46 AM

Really good article about Rand's campaign and the perception it is losing steam

Ron Paul Supporters

Many news sources have claimed that Rand Paul is losing his father’s supporters left and right. While it’s entirely true that some Ron Paul supporters won’t be helping his son, it’s not as many as you’ve been led to believe - and the large majority still support Rand.

For example, the media likes to cite Drew Ivers - Ron Paul’s 2012 Iowa Chairman - as leaving Rand Paul’s camp:

Yes, there are those who are “disillusioned by the younger Paul’s concessions to mainstream politics.” The most prominent example in the piece is Drew Ivers, who chaired Ron Paul’s 2012 presidential campaign in Iowa.

Ivers complains that Rand is watering down the Ron Paul message, saying, “The strategy of sending a blended message is one that has risk.”

What they aren’t telling you, however, is that Ivers is not a libertarian like most of Ron Paul’s followers. He’s previously worked for very socially conservative candidates with a hawkish foreign policy:

Ivers is no libertarian hardliner. He previously worked for Pat Robertson and Pat Buchanan. Robertson and Buchanan both finished second in the Iowa caucuses, Ron a strong third.
The most important point of them all is that, realistically speaking, Ron Paul supporters won’t be leaving Rand Paul’s camp for another candidate, because even if he isn’t the “perfect” libertarian, he’s the best they’ve got. If anything, they’ll just not vote - or they’ll come around to Rand:

Take a look at some of the other examples, however. Three liberty Republicans, including an Iowa state lawmaker, say they are endorsing Cruz. The poll of former Ron Paul delegates shows “high single digit” support for Cruz and Scott Walker.

More...http://www.youthforrandpaul.com/post/124340961973/no-dr-rand-pauls-campaign-is-not-falling-apart

Rand had over 108k donors last quarter and you can fit them all here:
UM stadium
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 05:56:16 AM

NSA whistleblower William Binney is advising Rand Paul

ROBIN: Yeah. Okay, I understand. Interestingly, earlier in the interview -you mentioned Rand Paul, and I want to just ask you a little bit about that because I know for a lot of folks who identify with the liberty movement, there's a certain hopelessness about the electoral process. They believe that any application of people-power to the electoral process is basically hopeless because that process is hopelessly corrupt. Now, is it fair to say that - given that you offered the name of Rand Paul - that you believe, that you apply effort to supporting candidates like him, to shining the light on candidates like him, and that you think it is worth turning out to support folks like Rand Paul - and that it is possible, at least in theory, that a Rand Paul presidency would not become corrupted in the same way that a George W. or a Barack Obama presidency did? Do you believe that?

BILL: Yes, I do because...actually I'm trying to help as much as I can. I mean, if he gets the right advisors and doesn't fall for the bamboozling of the intelligence community, then, he would have it right, and I believe that he will not fall for that. At least, so far, he's evidenced the fact that he wouldn't. He's made it pretty clear that all the existing laws that we had would function well as long as we abided by the constitution.

ROBIN: Yes.

BILL: He's advocating for more intrusive investigation of people who are suspect or in a zone of suspicion around bad guys.

ROBIN: Yeah.

BILL: That's the disciplined, professional approach that really we need to succeed, and he's got that focus and he said that on the floor of the Senate in his filibuster basically for 11 hours down there.

ROBIN: Yes.

BILL: He said that, and that's really pretty clear. I mean, that's really the way they have to do it. That's the way Anonymous did it; that's why they succeeded.

ROBIN: Yeah.

BILL: Our intelligence community is consistently failing on that. I mean, the FBI is really good at entrapping people, but, you know, those aren't the real threats. I mean the real threats that were coming - fundamentally, most of them succeeded. The ones that failed failed because their devices failed, you know, or some local policeman saw them and stopped them.

ROBIN: Yeah, that makes sense.

BILL: So that should be clear evidence that they're doing something wrong. I mean, after all, if you're running an organization that's not succeeding, you're doing something wrong. You've got to change. That's really pretty simple.

ROBIN: Now, the beginning of that answer, Bill, just to make sure that I was clear. Did I hear you say that you were advising Rand Paul or talking to him about these matters?

BILL: Yeah, we're passing advice to people who are working with him...

ROBIN: Okay.

BILL: ... so that we can try to contribute to him that way.

More...http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robin-koerner/nsa-whisteblower-nsa-clai_b_7837806.html
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 06:08:51 AM

Rand Paul on CBS News 7-22-15
video - http://www.cbsnews.com/news/election-2016-what-is-rand-pauls-favorite-way-to-destroy-the-tax-code/
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 06:10:14 AM

Rand Paul leads GOP in another national poll

Rand runs 10% better than Trump
Rand runs 7% better than Fiorina
Rand runs 5% better than Cruz, Carson, Christie
Rand runs 3% better than Huckabee
Rand runs 2% better than Bush, Rubio, Walker

Clinton 50%, Trump 37%

Clinton 47%, Fiorina 37%

Clinton 48%, Cruz 40%

Clinton 47%, Carson 39%

Clinton 46%, Christie 38%

Clinton 46%, Huckabee 40%

Clinton 46%, Bush 41%

Clinton 46%, Rubio 41%

Clinton 46%, Walker 41%

Clinton 45%, Paul 42%

More...http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_National_72215.pdf
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 06:25:49 AM

NSA whistleblower William Binney is advising Rand Paul

BILL: Yeah, we're passing advice to people who are working with him...

BILL: ... so that we can try to contribute to him that way.

More...http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robin-koerner/nsa-whisteblower-nsa-clai_b_7837806.html

Historic interview.  Bill Binney is a goddamn hero and sharper than broken glass.

I hope Robin Koerner and Rand find enough Blue Republicans to beat Hillary's identity-politics driven SJWs.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 05:48:54 AM

New Poll: Rand Paul holds Hillary Clinton to only 47% in Illinois

Clinton, versus Paul 47%
versus Bush 48%
versus Carson 49%
versus Rubio 49%
versus Christie 49%
versus Fiorina 49%
versus Walker 50%
versus Cruz 51%
versus Huckabee 51%
versus Trump 51%

]http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_IL_72915.pdf]
So, Rand keeps Shillary to the lowest level  in this poll vs other GOP candidates n a major blue stage, a few percentage points mean everything.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 05:52:37 AM

The "Rand Paul is Over" Wave is Cresting

In the campaign season, lots of writers have a lot of space to fill and have to have something convincingly and interestingly synthetic to say about the fact that a politician is raising money, going to events, and random people across the country are being asked on the phone whether they'd vote for him.

A combination of low numbers in the first and last of those, combined with the usual array of "that other guy involved in this team process sucks" that anyone who can get anonymous interviews with anyone involved in any campaign (or any team process) will find, leads this week to Rand Paul's campaign being declared, once again!, and still nearly a half year before any vote is case, over, man, over. (The Atlantic did the same seven weeks ago, and I thought they were being silly then.)

Let's start with Politico. They've got a couple of discouraging facts as they take us deep inside the Paul campaign's "downward spiral."

Paul has taken in just $13 million, a fraction of what all his major rivals for the Republican nomination have raised and far less than Paul hoped" and he's been dropping in polls lately in the Age of Trump.

Then it just becomes an attempt to paint a vaguely sketched picture of a campaign riddled with personal issues, dueling would-be bosses, and a lackadaisical candidate.

More...http://reason.com/blog/2015/07/28/the-rand-paul-is-over-wave-is-cresting
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 04:08:13 PM

Rand Paul Is Getting Some Big Support From Silicon Valley

http://www.nationaljournal.com/2016-elections/a-new-super-pac-filing-reveals-rand-paul-is-getting-some-big-support-from-silicon-valley-20150729

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 05:11:33 PM

The "Rand Paul is Over" Wave is Cresting

In the campaign season, lots of writers have a lot of space to fill and have to have something convincingly and interestingly synthetic to say about the fact that a politician is raising money, going to events, and random people across the country are being asked on the phone whether they'd vote for him.

A combination of low numbers in the first and last of those, combined with the usual array of "that other guy involved in this team process sucks" that anyone who can get anonymous interviews with anyone involved in any campaign (or any team process) will find, leads this week to Rand Paul's campaign being declared, once again!, and still nearly a half year before any vote is case, over, man, over. (The Atlantic did the same seven weeks ago, and I thought they were being silly then.)

Let's start with Politico. They've got a couple of discouraging facts as they take us deep inside the Paul campaign's "downward spiral."

Paul has taken in just $13 million, a fraction of what all his major rivals for the Republican nomination have raised and far less than Paul hoped" and he's been dropping in polls lately in the Age of Trump.

Then it just becomes an attempt to paint a vaguely sketched picture of a campaign riddled with personal issues, dueling would-be bosses, and a lackadaisical candidate.

More...http://reason.com/blog/2015/07/28/the-rand-paul-is-over-wave-is-cresting

My time for politics is near zero, but I check in once in a while. Clearly it is too early to call it "over", since the main events are just getting started soon. Rand will still have a solid base of real support when others start dropping out, and we need Cruz to make a quick exit.

Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:37:39 AM

Rand returned $1.8 million to US Treasury

It seems the fiscally conservative Senator from Kentucky is making a statement about his politics as he returns another $480,000 in unused monies to the Treasury, bringing Rand Paul’s total to around $1.8 million of Uncle Sam’s budgetary “cash-ola”.  A point, I’m certain, the Republican presidential hopeful will not forget to highlight during his campaign to gain the Republican nomination.

Here’s the press release his office sent out:

Sen. Paul Announces Taxpayer Savings: Returns $480,000 to U.S. Treasury from Office Budget

Has returned $1.8 million since taking office

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. – Sen. Rand Paul today announced that he has returned $480,000 to the United States Treasury – money unspent from his official operating budget in 2014. He made the announcement while speaking to young professionals this morning in Louisville, Ky.

Since taking office in January 2011, from his Senate office budget, Sen. Paul has returned:

— $1.8 million to the U.S. Treasury in cumulative yearly operating budget savings

— $170,000 more through sequester cuts in 2013

— 17% of his total budget to taxpayers

“Washington has put out-of-control and reckless spending on autopilot and I have pledged to Kentuckians that I will do everything I can to stop it,” said Sen. Paul. “I will continue to lead the fight to rein in government spending, both in my own office budget and my votes in the U.S. Senate.”

Sen. Paul has achieved the savings by asking his staff to do more with less and by taking advantage of technology. Even with the savings, he maintains one of the most active offices on Capitol Hill.

More...http://www.noozsaurus.com/rand-paul-returns-1-8-million-unused-senate-office-money/
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 03:41:16 AM

Hillary 43, Rand 42 in Minnesota

Walker, Clinton lead in Minnesota- General Looks Like 2004

Donald Trump may be running the table in national polls these days, but PPP's new Minnesota poll finds that Scott Walker is continuing to hold his own in the Midwest. Walker narrowly leads the GOP field in the state with 19% to 18% for Trump, 15% for Jeb Bush, 11% for Ben Carson, 7% for Ted Cruz, 6% for Mike Huckabee, 5% each for Rand Paul and Marco Rubio, 4% for Chris Christie, and 3% each for Carly Fiorina and John Kasich. Rounding out the GOP field with minimal support are Bobby Jindal at 1%, Jim Gilmore, Lindsey Graham, George Pataki, and Rick Santorum with less than 1%, and Rick Perry with literally no supporters.

Walker's lead in the horse race is narrow, but he has a wide advantage when it comes to which candidates are the most broadly liked by Republican voters in the state. 68% have a favorable opinion of Walker to only 16% with a negative one. That puts him 10 points ahead of the next most popular candidate, which is Rubio at 58/16. Others over 50% are Huckabee at 55/28, Trump at 55/32, Carson at 53/18, and Paul at 51/24.

On the Democratic side Hillary Clinton leads with 50% to 32% for Bernie Sanders, 4% for Martin O'Malley, 3% for Lincoln Chafee, and 2% for Jim Webb. This is the most support we've found for Sanders in any state so far this year. It's not surprising that would come in Minnesota for him- he has tended to do much better with white voters than African Americans or Hispanics, and the Democratic electorate in Minnesota is far whiter than in the country as a whole.

Clinton dominates Sanders with seniors (66/14), women (56/27), and voters identifying themselves as either 'somewhat liberal' (54/29), or moderates (50/27). But Sanders is keeping things pretty competitive with young voters (44/38), men (40/39), and voters identifying themselves as 'very liberal' (46/42).

Barack Obama won Minnesota easily in both of his elections- by 10 points in 2008 and then by 8 points in 2012. Our early general election polling in the state finds things looking more like 2004 when John Kerry beat George W. Bush by 3 points in the state- Hillary Clinton does lead the entire Republican field, but most of the match ups are pretty closely contested.
Paul comes the closest to Clinton, trailing by just a single point at 43/42. Bush (44/42), Huckabee (44/42 also), and Rubio (42/40) all do similarly well, with deficits of only 2 points to Clinton. With the exception of Fiorina who's down by 11 points at 44/33, all the other GOP hopefuls trail Clinton by 4 or 5 points. It's 46/42 for Walker, 44/39 for Carson, Cruz, and Trump, and 43/38 for Christie.

We also tested Bernie Sanders in head to heads with some of the leading Republicans- he trails Bush 41/40, but leads Walker 41/40, Rubio 39/37, and Trump 45/37. In some places we've found Sanders doing substantially worse than Clinton in match ups against the leading Republicans, but in Minnesota his average performance is only about one point worse than hers.

'Deez Nuts' filed as an independent candidate for President recently so for the sake of entertainment we tested him(?) as a candidate in a three way contest with Clinton and Trump. Deez Nuts haven't had much exposure to the American public- 89% say they have no opinion about them either way. Among those few who are familiar with Deez Nuts, only 3% rate them favorably to 8% who have an unfavorable opinion. Nevertheless 8% say they would support Deez Nuts for President, to 41% for Hillary Clinton and 36% for Donald Trump. When you look at how supporters of Deez Nuts split in a head to head between Clinton and Trump 25% are for Clinton, 15% are for Trump, and 60% are undecided. So Deez Nuts are largely providing an outlet for voters to express their frustration with the other candidates.

More...http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2015/08/walker-clinton-lead-in-minnesota-general-looks-like-2004.html#more
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:07:01 AM

[Video] Rand Paul at NH Voters First Forum 8/3/15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKoMRBIlPHY 5mins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbRo18kr8tU 2+mins

Rand did so good on these questions and popped up as a savior of the religious right by his statements on the newer abortion topic.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:09:45 AM

Rand Paul’s Harsh Words for Planned Parenthood: ‘I Don’t Know How They…Live With Themselves’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iobT-2r-iNo
Great interview that yall should check out.

Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul on Tuesday said he doesn’t know how the abortionists at Planned Parenthood, and those who are seemingly involved in the harvesting and selling of the aborted babies’ organs, live with themselves.

“The videos are incredibly disturbing,” Paul said on The Glenn Beck Program. “When I heard about them using ultrasounds to manipulate the baby into a position so it could be removed a little bit at a time so they could get at the baby’s organs — kidneys, livers. And the sort of the callous disregard by the doctor saying, ‘Oh yeah, livers are popular.’ It’s hard to hear that.”

Paul said rarely is the debate framed “in such sharp relief.”

“We often have the debate where the other side wants to call it ’tissue.’ But when we’re talking about lungs, brains, hearts, livers, I think it … should make all people shudder that we’re doing this,” he said. “I don’t know how anyone could do that day in and day out, knowing that you’re pulling out the pieces of a baby. I mean, I don’t know how they do it and how they live with themselves.”

...More...http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/08/04/rand-pauls-harsh-words-for-planned-parenthood-i-dont-know-how-they-live-with-themselves/
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:43:00 AM

Rand Paul leads Hillary Clinton 45%-43% in latest New Hampshire poll - wins independents by 8%

DURHAM, N.H. —Four of five Republican presidential candidates in New Hampshire chosen for a new poll match up strongly against Democratic frontrunner Hillary Clinton in New Hampshire. The only Republican she leads by a substantial margin is the GOP frontrunner.

A WMUR Granite State Poll released Wednesday evening shows Clinton leading business executive Donald Trump 50 percent to 40 percent, with 7 percent undecided.

Three other GOP candidates chosen for the poll have 1 or 2 percentage point leads over the Democrat, and one Republican trails her by a single percentage point. All four of those close matchups are well within the poll’s margin of error of 3.6 percentage points, making them statistical ties.

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush leads Clinton 46 percent to 45 percent, while U.S. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker both lead her 45 to 43 percent. U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida trails Clinton 44 percent to 43 percent.

More...http://www.wmur.com/politics/wmur-poll-clinton-leads-gop-frontrunner-trump-but-trails-three-others/34556254
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 05:45:55 AM

Worried About Rand Paul Falling in the Polls? Don't Be.
Numbers this far out mean little under the best of circumstances. And these are not the best of circumstances.

Is Rand Paul's campaign in the midst of a collapse? Everyone from Nate Silver to Politico to the thinkers at Salon has suggested as much. It's fast becoming conventional wisdom that the Kentucky senator is dead in the water.

That's absurd on many levels, as my colleague Brian Doherty outlined beautifully last week. After all, John McCain's campaign struggled mightily in the money game and underwent a pretty serious reorganization during the '08 primary cycle. It didn't stop him from snagging the Republican nomination.

But what to make of the polling? There's no denying that Paul's standing has slipped. His RealClearPolitics average has gone from 17 percent in 2013 to less than 6 percent today. If you're a fan of Rand, should you be concerned?

Hardly.

More...http://reason.com/blog/2015/08/03/worried-about-rand-paul-falling-in-the-p
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: